What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2017-18 DALLAS COWBOYS Thread*** Playing the Skins is just what the Dr ordered. Eagles fans talking SB. :GIGGLE:. (2 Viewers)

I agree with all of the points that have already been made.I've gotten to the point were I know nothings going to change until Jerry is gone.

If you were a young coach, why come to Dallas? I'm still angry we didn't choose Payton over Garrett.

So frustrating to see the Patriots have James Develin chipping Von Miller last night with their starting Left Tackle and we couldn’t figure out to try something as basic as that.  That’s just one reason why Bill is in the Super Bowl every year while Jason sits on the couch. 

I don't see Jerry Jones as being a problem anymore. Steven Jones is running the football team, Jerry is doing big league things. 

Not only were we missing four starters, we are missing four of the best players in the entire league, Smith, Bailey and see might be the best at their position. 

It's a week to week league boys. If we lose badly next week then you guys can start your complaining but come on. 

The cowboys are no different than any other team in this league, every team has no depth. This is the parity in the league wants where every team basically sucks after a few injuries.  Couple that with the fact that the  players get bigger and stronger every year in the field stays the same size and this is what you get. It's compounded by the fact that they no longer practice or spend as much time together as they used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
 I don't see Jerry Jones as being a problem anymore. Steven Jones is running the football team, Jerry is doing big league things. 

Not only were we missing four starters, we are missing four of the best players in the entire league, Smith, Bailey and see might be the best at their position. 

It's a week to week league boys. If we lose badly next week then you guys can start your complaining but come on. 

The cowboys are no different than any other team in this league, every team has no depth. This is the parity in the league wants where every team basically sucks after a few injuries.  Couple that with the fact that the  players get bigger and stronger every year in the field stays the same size and this is what you get. It's compounded by the fact that they no longer practice or spend as much time together as they used to.
The Eagles have lost their starting Kicker, MLB, LT, and one of their main running backs. The Vikings have lost their starting QB, RB, and probably a few others (I don't follow the Vikings close enough to know who else is injured). Both the Eagles and Vikings seem to be doing fine. Some teams have better depth than other teams. And some coaches give back-ups who want to work after practice additional reps so they will be ready to play if the starter does go down (Doug Pederson)

The Eagles have lost their starting Kicker, MLB, LT, and one of their main running backs. The Vikings have lost their starting QB, RB, and probably a few others (I don't follow the Vikings close enough to know who else is injured). Both the Eagles and Vikings seem to be doing fine. Some teams have better depth than other teams. And some coaches give back-ups who want to work after practice additional reps so they will be ready to play if the starter does go down (Doug Pederson)
Exactly!  I haven't heard one eagles or Vikings fan crying about injuries. Dallas was one of the league's hottest team just two weeks ago. They lose one game and they are throwing in the towel and considering it a lost season.

Oh, and the Eagles also lost their best cornerback (Pro Bowler Darby) in week 2. They probably have lost more pro bowlers (Peters, Darby, Hicks, Sproles) than any team in the league. Haven't heard one fan whining about it. Next man up. 

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Hopefully, we have a healthy Tyrone & we kick their ### at the LOS. Obviously, Morris is a downgrade from Zeke, but he's good enough to gash Ds if we open holes. We need to be able to run the ball in this one & win time of possession.

The other side of the ball is going to be a real problem without Lee. We need to find a better backup Will in the offseason. :duh: Maybe we can scheme the run & create some negative plays with our pass rush. We also need to take Ertz away & force Wentz to look elsewhere, especially in the RZ.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Hopefully, we have a healthy Tyrone & we kick their ### at the LOS. Obviously, Morris is a downgrade from Zeke, but he's good enough to gash Ds if we open holes. We need to be able to run the ball in this one & win time of possession.

The other side of the ball is going to be a real problem without Lee. We need to find a better backup Will in the offseason. :duh: Maybe we can scheme the run & create some negative plays with our pass rush. We also need to take Ertz away & force Wentz to look elsewhere, especially in the RZ.
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys LT Tyron Smith (groin) won't play Week 11 against the Eagles.

Exactly!  I haven't heard one eagles or Vikings fan crying about injuries. Dallas was one of the league's hottest team just two weeks ago. They lose one game and they are throwing in the towel and considering it a lost season.

Oh, and the Eagles also lost their best cornerback (Pro Bowler Darby) in week 2. They probably have lost more pro bowlers (Peters, Darby, Hicks, Sproles) than any team in the league. Haven't heard one fan whining about it. Next man up. 
Just because the Eagles are having one truly dominant season in the NFC East doesn't take away from the consistent complaining they do from year to year... The last 6 seasons they've been crying about this and that.... Wentz is finally the missing piece that will be able to cover up losses that this team faces. 

The Vikings have been building their D for years with smart picks and somehow got super lucky with their OLine play... (it was supposed to be one of the most suspect lines in the league from returning like no starters) They're legit going forward with any QB but if Bradford is fully healthy they are contenders IMO

A fully healthy Dallas is something really special on Offense but if they have any adversity in the O with injuries or suspensions then it's really going to show so it could very well be a lost season. Dallas isnt put together as well as the eagles for suffering losses. But it finally does look like the Eagles have found some chemistry with coaching talent and qb play which goes a long way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because the Eagles are having one truly dominant season in the NFC East doesn't take away from the consistent complaining they do from year to year... The last 6 seasons they've been crying about this and that.... Wentz is finally the missing piece that will be able to cover up losses that this team faces. 

The Vikings have been building their D for years with smart picks and somehow got super lucky with their OLine play... (it was supposed to be one of the most suspect lines in the league from returning like no starters) They're legit going forward with any QB but if Bradford is fully healthy they are contenders IMO

A fully healthy Dallas is something really special on Offense but if they have any adversity in the O with injuries or suspensions then it's really going to show so it could very well be a lost season. Dallas isnt put together as well as the eagles for suffering losses. But it finally does look like the Eagles have found some chemistry with coaching talent and qb play which goes a long way...
Eagles fans cry about GM decisions and until recently, Chip Kelly's decisions. So you're right. We've had a lot to cry about recently. Which is why you don't hear very many of us acting like we are any kind of a shoo-in to make the Super Bowl. At this point, I'm hoping when stays healthy and we get into the playoffs with some momentum. I've been around long enough to realize it's anybody's game once the Playoff starts.

PPRGuy said:

A fully healthy Dallas is something really special on Offense but if they have any adversity in the O with injuries or suspensions then it's really going to show so it could very well be a lost season. Dallas isnt put together as well as the eagles for suffering losses. But it finally does look like the Eagles have found some chemistry with coaching talent and qb play which goes a long way...
First Bolded: We will never see this

Second Bolded: Totally agree

Third Bolded: Dallas has talent and qb play, they are mediocre at coaching

First Bolded: We will never see this

Second Bolded: Totally agree

Third Bolded: Dallas has talent and qb play, they are mediocre at coaching
Mediocre coaching...oof.

I cannot stand these guys.  Imagine Pittsbugh's staff in Dallas. Or someone like a Sean Payton or the Rams guy. 

Mediocre coaching...oof.

I cannot stand these guys.  Imagine Pittsbugh's staff in Dallas. Or someone like a Sean Payton or the Rams guy. 
Bad coaching can kill a team with an opportunity to win it all. Look at the 1991 Eagles. They had gotten rid of Buddy Ryan, which was the right move, and made a great hire in Bud Carson taking over as defensive coordinator. Unfortunately, they made an awful hire in making Rich Kotite head coach and overseer of the offense. He prevented a team with one of the greatest defenses of all time from making the playoffs. Once the defensive talent started leaving, you saw just how bad a coach he was. 

Having a lot of talent can really disguise the deficiencies of the coaching staff. I think that is where the Cowboys are right now. Their talent on offense last year covered up the problems on their defense and the coaching. Once you get to the playoffs however, the talent starts to equal out, and coaching makes a big difference.

I think I agree with most of you that the coaching seems to be one of the main reasons for your current season (I don't watch or follow the Cowboys enough to be really informed), but I am curious what you are guys thinking is also contributing to the current season. I have heard the last few weeks a lot of being disproportionate penalties and your 3 guys being out, but I would think it really isn't that simple. I think with how successful the Cowboys were last year it is really throwing people off to blame anything inherent with the team, so what needs to be done to fix the current team, or will it be fine and this was just a complete anomaly?

by the way, I am happy that most of you are not pointing to the penalty excuse. I know every team often feels this way, and really it only holds up about 5-10% of the time.

Thanks for posting, Steady. I was dreading how far back I was going to have to search for the Cowboy thread. 

Obviously a big game this week. Any updates on Smith/Lee availability for Sunday? Obviously if they were both out, it will be a really tough game for the Cowboys to win. If they are both in, it should be a really good game. I obviously love the Eagles chances, but until that cloud of zero super bowl wins is lifted off the Eagles heads, I will always be expecting something to go wrong. Roseman and Pederson have done as a good a job the last two years as probably any GM/coach could have done. They have put together a group of really good guys who happen to be very good at playing football.
Cloud lifted

Users who are viewing this thread