What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2017 NFL Draft Thread *** Bears pay a steep price for their franchise QB (3 Viewers)

49ers general manager John Lynch has been saying the team is "open for business" to trade down from the No. 2 pick for weeks. With the strong likelihood that the Cleveland Browns will take Texas A&M pass rusher Myles Garrett with the No. 1 pick, that business is picking up. The Niners will likely keep looking for the right deal all the way until they are on the clock.

Nick Wagoner, ESPN Staff Writer

Trivia:  What NFL team only made 3 first round selections over a 22 year span?

Extra credit:  2 of the 3 selections are now Hall of Famers.  Who are they?

Trivia:  What NFL team only made 3 first round selections over a 22 year span?

Extra credit:  2 of the 3 selections are now Hall of Famers.  Who are they?
Putting no research into it at all, I'll say the George Allen Redskins.  That guy was allergic to draft picks.

Since I'm not confident I'm right, guessing the players would be a reach...  Darryl Green one of them?

Yep, Redskins.  Allen and Bobby Beathard as GM for most of the stretch, from 69-90.  Darryl Green is one.  The other went in the same year as Green.

Putting no research into it at all, I'll say the George Allen Redskins.  That guy was allergic to draft picks.

Since I'm not confident I'm right, guessing the players would be a reach...  Darryl Green one of them?
I was thinking along the same line. Was one of the Hogs a first rounder and HOFer

Of the 3 players they took in the first in that stretch, the one who didn't make the HoF is Mark May.

Yep, Redskins.  Allen and Bobby Beathard as GM for most of the stretch, from 69-90.  Darryl Green is one.  The other went in the same year as Green.
Don't recall another 1st rounder in Green's year so I'm stumped on this one...

Don't recall another 1st rounder in Green's year so I'm stumped on this one...
I meant Green and this other Redskins went into the HoF in the same year... not drafted in the same year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking surely Art Monk was not a first rounder, and surely Theisman is not a Hall of Famer. Maybe somebody who went to another team and had a great career.

Kiper needs some plugs. All this talk about his hair over the years.... it must have gotten tired of being the center of attention. 

I don't know that anyone boos quite like Philly fans. 

Actually, for all the justified criticism, Goodell seems to handle the public scorn and booing as smoothly and gracefully as anyone could hope for...
Usually he stonewalls it. He acknowledged them and had scorn on his face... #smallvictories

Sitting between an older gentleman that is asking why Roger Goodell is being booed and a middle-aged Browns fan who claims Myles Garrett isn't any good. :D

Users who are viewing this thread