What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

I tell you no reason not to be optimistic! Look at how many close games we lost last year and the level of teams we played. Add to that the dismantling of the steelers and Falcons. I love the moves and love that we have this kid to build around. Howie I trust as far as cap and free agency but the jury is out a bit on the draft. Hopefully Douglas makes a big impact. The one question is: do we believ in Doug P? I see no reason not to yet but he's the shakiest part of this whole thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fournette is the only RB that I would take at #14, Cook injury history scares me. I would lean towards CB..

but a different thought..

trade 14 back to 20-24 & add a 2nd

draft:

McCaffery-1st

2 CBs in 2nd- A Jackson, Tankersly, or Awuzie

Fournette is the only RB that I would take at #14, Cook injury history scares me. I would lean towards CB..

but a different thought..

trade 14 back to 20-24 & add a 2nd

draft:

McCaffery-1st

2 CBs in 2nd- A Jackson, Tankersly, or Awuzie
I'd be fine with that.

Just skimming around the FA's left. I'd sure like a one year deal with Demarcus Ware if he has anything left. Him and Curry alternating at RDE would be OK with me. 

I'm now going Taco, Zay, Mixon/CB,  CB. Getting to the QB is more important than covering WR's.  Grab another street/FA CB and roll. 

Any decent CBs left?
i was just checking out the free agent list as well:   http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/68498/309/2017-nfl-free-agent-list

tons of RBs that would be serviceable are available, think a 1st round RB would be a mistake like it has been for the last 8-10 years outside of a few RBs. Would rather Eagles get one of these guys and take a flier on a later guy.

Running Backs

Le’Veon Bell (25) -- Exclusive-rights franchise tagged by PIT

Adrian Peterson (32)

Jamaal Charles (30)

Latavius Murray (27)
Eddie Lacy (26)
LeGarrette Blount (30)
Rex Burkhead (26)

Danny Woodhead (32) -- Signed 3-year deal with BAL
Jacquizz Rodgers (27) -- Re-signed 2-year, $3.3M deal with TB
Andre Ellington (28)
Christine Michael (26)
Tim Hightower (30)
Darren McFadden (29)
DeAngelo Williams (33)
Chris Johnson (31)
Denard Robinson (26)
Brandon Bolden (27)
Benny Cunningham (26)

Khiry Robinson (27)
Robert Turbin (27)
Jonathan Grimes (27)
Bobby Rainey (29)

DuJuan Harris (28)
Travaris Cadet (28)
Justin Forsett (31)
Jordan Todman (27)
Shaun Draughn (29)
Knile Davis (26)
Lance Dunbar (27)

Rashad Jennings (32)
Dexter McCluster (28)
Fozzy Whittaker (27) -- Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with CAR

Branden Oliver (25)

James Starks (31)

C.J. Spiller (29) -- Signed 1-year, $980K deal with KC
Cedric Peerman (30)
Antone Smith (31)
Ronnie Hillman (25)
Stepfan Taylor (25)

Orleans Darkwa (25) -- Re-signed 1-year deal with NYG

Antonio Andrews (24)
Matt Asiata (29)
Reggie Bush (32)
Joique Bell (30)

here are the CBs:

Cornerbacks

A.J. Bouye (25) -- Signed 5-year, $67.5M deal with JAX
Trumaine Johnson (27) -- Franchise tagged by LAR

Stephon Gilmore (26) -- Signed 5-year, $65M deal with NE

Logan Ryan (26) -- Signed 3-year, $30M deal with TEN
Dre Kirkpatrick (27) -- Re-signed 5-year, $52.5M deal with CIN
Morris Claiborne (27)
Brandon Carr (30)

Prince Amukamara (27) -- Signed 1-year, $7M deal with CHI

Darius Butler (31)

Captain Munnerlyn (28) -- Signed 4-year, $21M deal with CAR

Deshawn Shead (28)

Darrelle Revis (31)

Sam Shields (29)

Alterraun Verner (28)

Davon House (27)
Kayvon Webster (26)
Terence Newman (38)

Nickell Robey-Coleman (25)
Sterling Moore (27)

Leodis McKelvin (31)
Brandon Boykin (26)
Leonard Johnson (27)
Robert McClain (28)

K'Waun Williams (25) -- Signed 1-year deal with SF
Nolan Carroll (30) -- Signed 3-year, $10M deal with DAL
B.W. Webb (26)
D.J. Hayden (26) -- Signed 1-year deal with DET
Kyle Wilson (29)
Neiko Thorpe (27)
Leon Hall (32)

Trevin Wade (27)

Patrick Robinson (29)

Tramon Williams (34)

Johnthan Banks (27)
Marcus Cooper (27)

Brandon Flowers (31)
Greg Toler (32)
Antwon Blake (26)
Mike Jenkins (32)
Jerraud Powers (29)
Corey White (26)
Coty Sensabaugh (28)
Josh Robinson (26)
Crezdon Butler (29)

Shareece Wright (29)

The criteria has to be cheap for either position, that's why I mentioned Ware. 

Maybe Claiborne only gets a one year deal? I don't really know much about any of the CB's

RB wise, maybe Murray if cheap or even AP if he looks 100% but him and Ware seem like they don't fit the criteria Howie mentioned yesterday. Band aids in the twilight of their career. 

The criteria has to be cheap for either position, that's why I mentioned Ware. 

Maybe Claiborne only gets a one year deal? I don't really know much about any of the CB's

RB wise, maybe Murray if cheap or even AP if he looks 100% but him and Ware seem like they don't fit the criteria Howie mentioned yesterday. Band aids in the twilight of their career. 
i like Latavius as well, and to be honest with the WRs the Eagles got now i would think it is a more attractive place for a free agent RB now cause they will have holes to run through. So i think they can get by little cheaper.

i also would like to see Ellington (based on if injuries are behind him), Burkhead, either of the Robinsons, and a bunch more. Eagles really have some good choices. A Lance Dunbar, Cadet, etc. would seem to be able to come in and fill in as a poor man's Sproles. Really is what Pederson wants to do. 

An intriguing (and i am guessing cheap) option would be Knile Davis. I have to think Pederson knows what Davis can offer, so if he doesn't try to get him at all you have to think the Davis success in the past was a mirage

ETA:  a backfield of sproles and Danny Woodhead would have been fun as hell

From a fantasy perspective the RB situation is pretty interesting, at least to me anyway. IF they like Smallwood and he starts he could do very well for the reasons you mentioned @modogg.  Personally, I thought as a runner and receiver he looked very good with the ball in his hands. At the end of the season I said that if he adds 10 pounds and pass protected better he would start. It's still very possible IMO. 

Just give me a cheaper Staley/Westbrook/Buckhalter backfield than one high dollar 3 down starter.  Running/Receiving/Blocking....that's what the RB do.   If they can get 3 guys that can do two of each of those things...they'll be fine. 

Just give me a cheaper Staley/Westbrook/Buckhalter backfield than one high dollar 3 down starter.  Running/Receiving/Blocking....that's what the RB do.   If they can get 3 guys that can do two of each of those things...they'll be fine. 
Yeah, i think it all depends on what Pederson wants to do with his offense. does he want to have more emphasis on passing or a 3-down RB. you only have so much money under the cap, a 1st round RB would be fun and all, but not realistic

Washington CB Prospect Sydney Jones Ruptured Achilles. Well there goes him. These things are never good and can be career ending. Guys aren't the same after these. 

Sidney Jones injury could hurt the Eagles on draft day, one less premium player that would be selected ahead of them.

Beanie Logan visiting Washington apparently seeking 1 yr contract. Eagles looking into Giants DT Jonathan Hankins who is a better pass rusher but a very good Run Stuffer as well. 

Sidney Jones injury could hurt the Eagles on draft day, one less premium player that would be selected ahead of them.
Eagles fans wouldn't have liked him much anyway IMO. He wanted no parts of tackling and was more of a finesse CB

Sucks for that to happen to the kid though. 

Eagles fans wouldn't have liked him much anyway IMO. He wanted no parts of tackling and was more of a finesse CB

I think he would have gone before their selection. Now another player will be taken before the Eagles pick.

I agree Schwartz seems to like Mills type character guys in there which is why I think Tabor might be that guy because he has that swag as they like to call it JS likes. 

Why would they have offered up Jenkins to get Cooks?

Report: offer was Jenkins & 3rd
Brandon Lee Gowton is saying the Saints leaked a ton of trash out to try to up the ante and doesn't think the leaks have stopped. It makes no sense as Jenkins is a 6M cap hit if traded in dead money. 

Why would they have offered up Jenkins to get Cooks?

Report: offer was Jenkins & 3rd
I'm calling BS. They also reportedly turned down pick #18 for Cooks too. 

I HIGHLY doubt we were cool with having only one starting safety and no cornerbacks... and no third round pick. 

Six weeks after surgery you can put weight on it. Six months you're healed. Seems to me he could start playing week 6. So maybe they shelve him for the year but if he heals fast he could be ready week 4.

Our CB situation is dire though.  I guess Mills at one spot (hope he improves in year 2), if we don't get a vet, we almost have to draft a CB at 14, where I'd much rather go BPA.  Still a lot of vets though in the market - I imagine we're waiting for one to fall into our price range...

Our CB situation is dire though.  I guess Mills at one spot (hope he improves in year 2), if we don't get a vet, we almost have to draft a CB at 14, where I'd much rather go BPA.  Still a lot of vets though in the market - I imagine we're waiting for one to fall into our price range...
We are drafting multiple cbs to start. Yeah it's bad

Haha oh gosh, here we go again :P

Wondering why we did this move though only for cap reasons. Isn't foles' contract higher than Chase's?  In an already tough cap situation, and a clear young starter, why add more money to the backup qb spot?
How do you mean?

Maybe I mis read the numbers.  If someone can crunch the cap hit, whats the impact on our cap of cutting Chase and signing foles? 
I think it's basically this:

Daniel had $7M still guaranteed (most of it this year) and was making about $7M/year.

Foles will have $7M guaranteed (over this year and next) and will make $5.5M/year.

So you're paying Foles less per year and moving the same amount of guaranteed money over two year, instead of one?

I think it's basically this:

Daniel had $7M still guaranteed (most of it this year) and was making about $7M/year.

Foles will have $7M guaranteed (over this year and next) and will make $5.5M/year.

So you're paying Foles less per year and moving the same amount of guaranteed money over two year, instead of one?
But don't we still take some cap hit from chase?

Users who are viewing this thread