What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2018 YANKEE THREAD*** Gleyber Day (2 Viewers)

Let down with the Boone pick... I was fine with moving on from Girardi, Boone just never really demonstrated.... anything... anywhere... he's just kind of.. there. 

Nice player.  Big october moment, which did bookend absolute playoff mediocrity for the Yanks.  Didn't show much blowing out his knee... nor in the booth. 

Clearly just a puppet, hopefully the talent overrides all with this team.

Definitely bummed about Ohtani.  But some of the stuff you read would concern you in terms of being soft so probably for the best

Not in love with the Stanton move on the surface but how do you refuse him
Agreed it feels like the old Yankees but they offset some salary this year sending castro and didn't give up any top prospects. Assuming they kept Frazier they can use him for a pitcher and opens up a spot for Torres at 2b.

Yeah, really on the fence with this. Obviously when everyone is going, things will be VERY fun. But there will be times when both he and Judge are struggling and striking out, and then it will be UGLY. I am concerned that there aren't enough high contact guys in the lineup.

Although I like Castro, opening up a spot for Gleybar is obviously a good thing.

At this point, I agree that Frazier is likely to be trade bait. (unless they want to move on from Gardner, which I dont think they will do just yet) Too bad, as I do like him.

Wish they could have found a way to dump Elsbury, but that wasn't realistic.

Gonna be really tough to keep all of this together for more than a few years. Once Judge and Sanchez are past arbitration, there wont be enough money to go around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stanton. Whoa.  As a Sox fan, this tips the balance in favor of the Yanks one has to think. I wouldn't worry too much about contact when 50 home runs is coming your way in that stadium. 

Holy crikey, are the Sox ever sunk now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be fun, that's for sure. But now I have to hear "they bought it" again for the next decade.

Revenue sharing has pretty much eliminated the issue (except for the Florida teams)
No, it hasn't. Give or take, half the league spends over 150M and the other half spends less that 125M. Needless to say, the difference between the top five and bottom five is ridiculous. 

No, it hasn't. Give or take, half the league spends over 150M and the other half spends less that 125M. Needless to say, the difference between the top five and bottom five is ridiculous. 
 Teams spend a lot of their revenue sharing on their minor leagues system to build their cost controlled player depth. 

Brewers had the lowest payroll in baseball last year, were in contention until late Sept

Arizona had 5th lowest, made playoffs 
Yep, it happens. Can they sustain it for the next 3-5 years? Both teams were below .500 in 2016. Further, can they afford to sign the next free agent stud for 200M+? How about their own players, can they afford to keep them when they become free agents? When you consistently spend double the payroll of other teams, you are going to have a higher chance of success. 

Take Joe Mauer for example. If the Yankees or Red Sox signed him when he was available (all indications were they would have liked to) what would they have done after year 3-4 when it was clear he wasn't worth the money? They could take the hit and cut him and move on. The Twins on the other hand, can't afford to make mistakes. 

Double the payroll...just think about that. Double. 

It just seems odd to me that anyone would be against a salary cap....unless of course their team benefits from not having one. 

The problem is the low budget teams can't really be contenders *every* year, while the big money teams generally are. It's a relatively small problem especially compared to other sports but it does need to be tweaked. 

Time for the Yanks to say EFF the luxury tax savings of ~$12M and jump in to sign Moustakas and Darvish.  Win now.

Time for the Yanks to say EFF the luxury tax savings of ~$12M and jump in to sign Moustakas and Darvish.  Win now.
No thanks. Both players are severely flawed and not worth the money they are seeking. Id rather have Frazier at a much cheaper/shorter contract and/or Andujar playing 3B. We have enough pitching depth to get us through July and then we reevaluate.

I can't believe thats the first time in my life a Yankee hit two homers on opening day.... what a day to do it, and I think he got short changed on the distance on those two bombs...Severino looks great and I wasn't sure about stacking 99-Gio-Gary but it worked like a charm today so bully for boone (although would have given Sevy one more batter)

Your only negative was Betances getting slapped around again but hopefully he finds it.

Fun fun start.

Considering what they gave up (2 injured guys and a guy that had been passed by seemingly more talented prospects) it was a good gamble.

But yeah, it doesn't seem to be working out.

Didi just took a curtain call on the road :lmao: , watch out you don't get killed kid

If they can hang on, this will be an extremely satisfying win in a very weird game, not sure how Stanton left early on that sac fly

TLEF316 said:
Kimbrel getting knocked around is the best. I thought I couldn't stand papelbon but kimbrel takes dooshy closer schtick to a whole new level with that ridiculous arm hang thing
Then the BoSox took it to 11 with the UNLEASH THE KIMBREL stuff last night.  #### that guy and that team.

Users who are viewing this thread