What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Cakeleeg - Standings update? (1 Viewer)

Last Place TRE's best and worst from each round:

Rd1:  No *bad* picks really

Fave: Bregman - I think he's in for a big year and SS eligibility is really nice. Picking Trout is the easy way out.

Least: Lindor - calf injuries can linger, will it affect his speed?

Rd2:

Fave: Soto - should go higher in an obp league imo.  Also love Correa to bounce back.

Least: Nothing to hate here, I guess Benintendi because I don't think he has mega-season potential, just very solid all around

Rd3:

Fave: Hoskins in the 3rd is really nice.

Leas: Dead Severino, would have been my Least: if healthy though too.  

Rd4: 

Fave: Gleyber could pop 30, steal 10 and have a 370 obp at SS.

Least: Diaz is electric but 4th round for saves is no bueno.  Saves Carpenter and  Realmuto from being shamed.

Rd5:

Fave: Haniger, although I thought he stole a bit more.  Very good in 4 cats.

Least: Upton - we knew about the knee at the time of the draft.  Too risky.  Segura might hit at the bottom of that stacked Phils lineup...maybe not though.

Rd6:

Fave: Lot of picks I like here Flaherty could be a monster.  Conforto, Ozuna are two others I like a lot.

Least: Brantley or Mallex I guess...no one I really hate though

Rd7:

Fave: Robles - really think he's going to have a good OBP with  15 homers and 25 steals

Least: this was mid RP run, Kimbrel could end up signing to be a setup man for a year, but probably David Price.  3.70ish ERA in Boston, blah.

Rd8:

Fave: Moncada and Dahl both seem like nice break out candidates

Least: Villar or my pick of Dee Gordon.  Both with a high possibility of disaster.  Stupid steals

Rd9:

Fave: Nimmo for OBP, other stuff.  Also like Cano and Luis Castillo picks

Least: Freeland - x loves the guy for some reason  David Robertson could have two guys ahead of him for saves...or not.

Rd10:

Fave: lot of upside in rd10 that I like: Devers, Anderson, Buxton, Senzel...Devers if I'm picking one.

Least: Cody Allen is done I think, but saves is saves.

Rd11:

Fave: Domingo Santana, a year removed from 30/15 and 370 obp.

Least: Hamilton - big drags in OBP, R, might not keep his job.  And he only stole 34 bases in 556 PA last year?

Rd12:

Fave: Ian Happ, Cesar Hernandez and Hampson are ones I like too.

Least: Quintana or Hamels,  couple of older 4 ERA guys.  

Rd13:

Fave: DeJong, guy can bomb.  Also like Meadows and Bader picks

Least: Not sure Taylor gets the Abs, Semien seems to not be good at baseball

Rd14:

Fave: Eovaldi seems like a nice upside play at 205 overall

Least: Lot of crappy relievers again, Polanco

Rd15:

Fave: Odubel I like for a bounceback.  Luzardo is going to have a nice year in limited IP imo.

Least: Ryan McMahon - just don't think he ever gets to play enough to matter.

Rd16:

Fave: Kikuchi and Alonso both stand out as potential steals.

Least: Kole Calhoun - yuck

Rd17:

Fave: Arrieta might rack up some wins?  Kinda hate everyone this round.  James has upside.

Least: My Tucker pick was probably too early, but I love him

Rd18:

Fave: Wendle and Lamb.  Also like Brasier to win the Sawx closer role

Least: Yuli Gurriel or Jon Gray

Rd19:

Fave: Simmons is a solid grab, good counting stats.  I like Dickerson to get back to 20 homers

Least: I think Daniel Robertson has like a 500 ADP and the Rays have 52 infielders

Rd20:

Fave: Alex Reyes, Jeff McNeil

Least: Sergio Romo

Rd21:

Fave: **** Hernandez.  Hi GM!

Least: Getting difficult to find most hated, lets go Longoria

Rd22:

Fave: Kipnis for being somewhat useful for counting stats, O'Neill and Urias's for upside.

Least: Astudillo because he will probably be in the minors and will play part time when up.  :(

Rd23:

Fave: Ronald Guzman because he's better than Calhoun and still young

Least: Dunno, Josh Harrison's .295 OBP and no counting stats?

Rd24:

Fave: Maybe Yandy gets a bunch of AB and has a good OBP?

Least:  Christian Walker - 28 yo career .170 hitter that doesn't have a spot

Rd25:

They're all terrible, I quit.

Fave: Bregman - I think he's in for a big year and SS eligibility is really nice. Picking Trout is the easy way out.

Rd2:

Fave: Soto - should go higher in an obp league imo.  Also love Correa to bounce back.

Least: Nothing to hate here, I guess Benintendi because I don't think he has mega-season potential, just very solid all around

Rd3:

Rd4: 

Least: Diaz is electric but 4th round for saves is no bueno.  Saves Carpenter and  Realmuto from being shamed.

Rd5:

Least: Upton - we knew about the knee at the time of the draft.  Too risky.  Segura might hit at the bottom of that stacked Phils lineup...maybe not though.

Rd6:

Fave: Lot of picks I like here Flaherty could be a monster.  Conforto, Ozuna are two others I like a lot.

Rd7:

Fave: Robles - really think he's going to have a good OBP with  15 homers and 25 steals

Least: this was mid RP run, Kimbrel could end up signing to be a setup man for a year, but probably David Price.  3.70ish ERA in Boston, blah.

Rd8:

Least: Villar or my pick of Dee Gordon.  Both with a high possibility of disaster.  Stupid steals

Rd9:

Least: Freeland - x loves the guy for some reason  David Robertson could have two guys ahead of him for saves...or not.

Rd10:

Fave: lot of upside in rd10 that I like: Devers, Anderson, Buxton, Senzel...Devers if I'm picking one.

Rd11:

Least: Hamilton - big drags in OBP, R, might not keep his job.  And he only stole 34 bases in 556 PA last year?

Rd12:

Rd13:

Rd14:

Rd15:

Fave: Odubel I like for a bounceback.  Luzardo is going to have a nice year in limited IP imo.

Rd16:

Rd17:

Fave: Arrieta might rack up some wins?  Kinda hate everyone this round.  James has upside.

Rd18:

Rd19:

Fave: Simmons is a solid grab, good counting stats.  I like Dickerson to get back to 20 homers

Least: I think Daniel Robertson has like a 500 ADP and the Rays have 52 infielders

Rd20:

Rd21:

Rd22:

Fave: Kipnis for being somewhat useful for counting stats, O'Neill and Urias's for upside.

Least: Astudillo because he will probably be in the minors and will play part time when up.  :(

Rd23:

Rd24:

Rd25:

Rd 1 - i do like bregman for his SS eligibility, i like lindor at 9.  already playing in minors games next week and he is a pup.  gotta figure he is good to go for 150 games.  i am worried about altuve, think he reached his power spike and steals are down.  i also don’t like blackmon before harper.

Rd 2 - Correa seems a bargain down here.  Not a votto fan, 35 and doesn’t like to do power things.  obp is great, but i might prefer hoskins.

Rd 3 - Severino is dead and he was off at the end of last year anyway.  Syndergaard needs to win more than like 8 games and make more than 24 starts at some point.  Starling Marte is unappealing.  Hoskins is poised with Harper in front of him.

Rd 4 - Cain seems early, but makes Pham look better.  For me, way too early for Vlad here, can he show something before going ahead of Gleybar?  Mondesi might OBP below .290.  Realmuto meh.  Puig never justifies his spot.  I like rendon and springer in this round, but rounds 3 and 4 don’t wow me.

More to follow.....

Yuli Gurriel is a suitable MI option in this format. Guy can hit. :shrug:

Christian Walker is an easy throw away for the first closer replacement of the spring....or he replicates his minor league numbers and gets 30 HR with .375 OBP.

Yuli Gurriel is a suitable MI option in this format. Guy can hit. :shrug:

Christian Walker is an easy throw away for the first closer replacement of the spring....or he replicates his minor league numbers and gets 30 HR with .375 OBP.
On Yuli, I'd expect White to play over him, which means a reserve role.  Although Altuve is already a little banged up.  Maybe he gets enough super utility ABs?

Even when he played all last year and hit "well" it was 13 homers and a 320 obp. 🤷‍♂️

Told you guys 15 rounds ago that you should have drafted a catcher earlier. You’re gonna be better off leaving that spot blank. 

On Yuli, I'd expect White to play over him, which means a reserve role.  Although Altuve is already a little banged up.  Maybe he gets enough super utility ABs?

Even when he played all last year and hit "well" it was 13 homers and a 320 obp. 🤷‍♂️
I think Yuli gets 20 this year if he gets 500 abs.

Expect White to mostly play DH. Yuli will spell the IF and expect the 4t/5th OFs (Marisnick, kemp, maybe Tucker) to spell the OF, especially Reddick and they expect Brantley to get 1B play. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Bregman gets more than 550 ABS, lots under 500. Hinch believes this will keep players fresher for the playoffs

I think Yuli gets 20 this year if he gets 500 abs.

Expect White to mostly play DH. Yuli will spell the IF and expect the 4t/5th OFs (Marisnick, kemp, maybe Tucker) to spell the OF, especially Reddick and they expect Brantley to get 1B play. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Bregman gets more than 550 ABS, lots under 500. Hinch believes this will keep players fresher for the playoffs
Reddick is trying 1b...hadn't heard Brantley was.  😕

Rd2:

Rd3:

Rd4: 

Rd5:

Rd6:

Rd7:

Rd8:

Rd9:

Rd10:

Rd11:

Rd12:

Rd13:

Rd14:

Rd15:

Rd16:

Rd17:

Rd18:

Rd19:

Rd20:

Rd21:

Rd22:

Rd23:

Rd24:

Rd25:

24 rounds of players commented on and i didn't have one player mentioned. No faves, no leasts. Guess that means I am middle of the pack.

Capella said:
Yup 

ops+ of 123 last year. Way higher than the previous two years but he’ll put up a decent OBP at the least. .362 for career in 2400 ABs. :shrug:  
You’re really bad at this, though. 

You’re really bad at this, though. 
Well considering it’s the most inconsequential thing I do I don’t really care. I’m just here for the laughs and to draft Rays, I don’t need it to pump up a deflated ego. Stats are stats though. Cirvelli can hit. 

Btw you repeat yourself more than trump’s twitter account man. Get some new material already. 

Last edited by a moderator:
SP Carlos Rodon

Im not posting on google or whatever, I seriously just heard some Vietnam Vet say he saw some American slide out of a helicopter because of the blood on the floor. I’m just broken with these stories, ooof

Users who are viewing this thread