What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Cakeleeg - Standings update? (1 Viewer)

Good season guys!! Pretty happy with my finish, my co-owner gets the day-to-day grind credit. Soto finishing top 10 and picking up Aquino were the highlights of our season. Dropping Soroka and not drafting Lynn or Minor to avoid Ranger Shtick were the lowlights.

I wish my co-owner hadn't drafted the 135th OF in the 5th round.  So, totally understand your frustration.

BUT AT LEAST KIMBREL'S 6.5 ERA AND 13 SAVES IN THE 7TH MADE UP FOR IT.

ETA: I hope Taggart signs a lifetime extension.
:lmao:  #### you. Also, you’re doing the draft in January. I suck. 

ps please don’t lose to the GD Jorts (you’re gonna lose)

The GoFundMe site for Gary is no longer taking donations.  I clicked a link to contact the organizer and let her know about the fantasy baseball league and that we had money we wanted to send to his family (at least, I think I did - I tried to copy/paste the note I wrote to share with you guys, but the box closed, so I think it sent...if I don't hear back, I'll try again to contact her again).  

I'll pay out the rest of you shortly.  Make sure I have your PayPal info please.

GM

shuke said:
1. SoCal/Jamny $1125

2. Pickles $563  PAID

3. Dr. D $188   
I paid out A-aaaaron and await PayPal info from Dr. D.  I contacted the person on the GoFundMe page and will hope to hear back so I can pay out to Gary's family.  Short of that, I'll just pay Jamny.  

I think socal would've wanted his funds going towards our entry fees next year.  pretty sure of this.
Really is a hell of a league where 14 dudes come together, try their hand at altruism to pay the league dues for an ailing mate, don't hear from him for months because - oops, death - and despite that, he wins going away and in an attempt to send his winnings to family, is met with the news that the website is no longer taking donations.

Cake 2019....what on earth is next?

Really is a hell of a league where 14 dudes come together, try their hand at altruism to pay the league dues for an ailing mate, don't hear from him for months because - oops, death - and despite that, he wins going away and in an attempt to send his winnings to family, is met with the news that the website is no longer taking donations.

Cake 2019....what on earth is next?
I don't know what i'm more upset about.....us paying for him, him winning or him passing away. 

RIP cake members

Shining Path

Finless

Tremendous Upside

SoCal

No way I’d sign up for this league if I wasn’t already in it.  

Chemical X said:
I think socal would've wanted his funds going towards our entry fees next year.  pretty sure of this.
I mean....we could roll it over and reduce everybody's league dues next year by an equal amount to defray the entry fee.  :oldunsure:

Let's see if I hear back from Celende Alderete.  

How about this?

If you don't hear back, I'll throw $500 of my winnings into next years pot. 

Split it or maybe make it just for 1st place.

I sincerely appreciate the offer, guys. I was motivated to win to help out SoCal's family but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely now. Since I never had any skin in the game, it never felt like my money so I can't accept. Please send my winnings to BB's Chance for Hope so it can be put to good use. If you'd rather I do it, let me know and I'll send you my info.

I sincerely appreciate the offer, guys. I was motivated to win to help out SoCal's family but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely now. Since I never had any skin in the game, it never felt like my money so I can't accept. Please send my winnings to BB's Chance for Hope so it can be put to good use. If you'd rather I do it, let me know and I'll send you my info.
I am more than happy to do it, but don't you want the tax write off?

Money sent, PM sent to BB.  You're a damn good egg, Jamny. :thumbup:
:thumbup:

You guys all deserve kudos as well for letting him in without payment when he probably really needed a distraction from his health issues, letting me take over his team instead of just letting it die with him and for still giving me the payout that allowed me to do it. Yet another example of what makes this board great.

:thumbup:

You guys all deserve kudos as well for letting him in without payment when he probably really needed a distraction from his health issues, letting me take over his team instead of just letting it die with him and for still giving me the payout that allowed me to do it. Yet another example of what makes this board great.
You're automatically in next year. 

GM shared the news about what transpired this season. What an emotional trip I’m sure this was for all of you. Thank you jamny for the donation to Chance for Hope Foundation and to everyone else for supporting this generous decision.

As you may know, one of our programs at Texas Children’s Hospital is to deliver meals to families of children who are undergoing inpatient chemotherapy (unlike adults, chemotherapy often involves inpatient hospital stays of three to seven days). Parents usually live with their children in the rooms and many times forgo meals because they don’t want to leave their children’s bedside. We have recently committed to doubling the frequency of our meal delivery service and this money will go toward our efforts with this program. It is amazing how something as simple as a delicious meal served with a smile can buoy the spirits of families who are facing the scariest challenge of their lives. And make no mistake, most of the kids undergoing treatment opt for our meals over the hospital food as well!

Thank you all again for your thoughtfulness and generosity. And I will be keeping SoCal’s family in my prayers. 

GM shared the news about what transpired this season. What an emotional trip I’m sure this was for all of you. Thank you jamny for the donation to Chance for Hope Foundation and to everyone else for supporting this generous decision.

As you may know, one of our programs at Texas Children’s Hospital is to deliver meals to families of children who are undergoing inpatient chemotherapy (unlike adults, chemotherapy often involves inpatient hospital stays of three to seven days). Parents usually live with their children in the rooms and many times forgo meals because they don’t want to leave their children’s bedside. We have recently committed to doubling the frequency of our meal delivery service and this money will go toward our efforts with this program. It is amazing how something as simple as a delicious meal served with a smile can buoy the spirits of families who are facing the scariest challenge of their lives. And make no mistake, most of the kids undergoing treatment opt for our meals over the hospital food as well!

Thank you all again for your thoughtfulness and generosity. And I will be keeping SoCal’s family in my prayers. 
Thanks BB for all that you do and for letting us know what the money will go towards. It never would have felt right spending the money so it's great to see SoCal's final contribution to FBG go to such a worthy cause. He seemed like the kind of guy that would approve. 

Users who are viewing this thread