What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2019 CINCY BENGALS THREAD - We are in the sunken place (1 Viewer)

Over a decade of experience and the guy who unearthed Russell WIlson and has a Super Bowl ring?

Dumped by Leslie Frasier and immediately hired by Carroll?

That guy?

I'll take a chance on that guy.

-QG
I always felt like those Seahawks offenses underwhelmed and had some strange red zone calling (not talking about the sb play).  I don’t know, I may be wrong.

I always felt like those Seahawks offenses underwhelmed and had some strange red zone calling (not talking about the sb play).  I don’t know, I may be wrong.
Welp that's the Lions problem now anyway since they signed him to be their OC.

Latest rumors say Brian Callahan is who Zac wants as OC.  Del Rio and Fox are in the mix for DC - which would be really good IMO.

But two more weeks to wait and have fun speculating.

-QG

I hope they hire Manuel for DC based on the options being listed.  We have done well with ex-Falcon DCs.

-QG

Pretty nice article giving a breakdown of how the Bengals offense should operate under Zac Taylor:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-zac-taylor-will-bring-promise-to-bengals-passing-game/

Highlights from the article (contains a bunch of bar and pie charts and not an easy copy and paste):

• pass/run should be at least 56/44 in favor of passing
  • running backs get about 22-23 carries/game
  • passing distribution is 70% WR's, 20% RB's, 10% TE's
  • Dalton/Bengals QB will complete 300 passes during the season
  • new offense should favor Mixon, Green, Boyd, possibly Ross and get Dalton back to being a serviceable FF QB2
  • new offense seen as a downgrade for TE's
Thoughts:

• Assumption is Dalton only gets 300 completions in a season. He's completed or been on pace to complete 300+ each season he's been in the league except 1 where he completed 298. Bengals QB's combined have completed 300+ passes each year since drafting Dalton. 320 completed passes seems a more reasonable projection. Bengals have gone under 320 completed passes only twice in the past 8 years.
  • Mixon should get about the same workload. He averaged 17 carries/game and had 43 receptions last year. Him getting 17 carries out of 22-23 seems reasonable as well as 43 receptions out of 60-65. About 20 total touches per game. He missed 2 games last year and if he plays 16 games that would put him in mid-low RB1 range.
  • WR's look to get about 210-225 receptions. A good year from Green (85-90 rec) and Boyd (75-80 rec) still leaves about 50 rec for John Ross and the remaining WR's. Green and Boyd look like they can both thrive with each other being on the field at the same time.
  • TE's don't have much value in this offense with 30-35 rec. None of the TE's are much of a threat anyways. Probably not worth a FF roster spot. Should help get more FF value out of the WR's.

The defense does worry me a bit and wonder why Del Rio and Capers did not work out and we have really no reason why?? Was it the Del Rio or Capers disagreed with Taylor's overall concepts for the team or did they not want to be in Cincy for other reasons?  
Heard that Grantham has opted to stay at UofF instead of joining Taylor as the DC.  There is something going on in Cincy that is driving away some decent coaching talent.  Definitely wonder if it's because Taylor is a first time coach and his ideas aren't lining up with other's expectations - or if his lack of experience and idealistic attitude is scaring off the old football coaches?

We'll see how Taylor handles Walton's arrest.  Nothing good happens after 2am.  Knuckleheaded move getting arrested with a new staff coming in st an utterly replaceable position.

-QG

I can only assume we will carry 5 QBs this year based on this decision.

EVEN if the bullying sexist OL-coach is right and he is able to turn Bobby Hart into the 2nd coming of Willie Anderson there is not a single team in this league that was gonna come close to offering that kind of money to this guy.  What is back-up swing o-line money?  That is the absolute top.

I noticed Redmond mouthing off to Goodberry on twitter and Hart liking the tweet.  I wish they spent more time trying not to suck so bad instead.

I made the promise on twitter and I'll do it here too.  If Bobby Hart starts at least 15 games in any of the next three seasons (that is to say in a single season) and the Bengals make the playoffs in that season I will go to that playoff game wearing a newly purchased Bobby Hart jersey.

My money is safe.

Still shocked that the Bengals got eliminated earlier in 2019 than my New Jersey Devils.

-QG

Here is how the negotiations went down.    Bobbie Hart sang to ownership.

I want to make you smile, when you are sad.

Carry you around when your arthritis is bad

"I want to grow old with you, "

Mike Brown loved it and assumed some savings on a wheelchair

And Katie loved the song, so she signed him for 3 years.

It would be so nice, going zero playoff wins in 30 years, growing old with you

We signed the effing wedding singer to 21 million.    Stop supporting this franchise

Last edited by a moderator:
I will make you smile, when I miss a block

It's not so bad being the league laughingstock

It would be so nice, to grow old with Mike

Listening to 1530 over lunch and those guys were on a tirade over the Hart signing.  Constantly asking what kind of picture does this signing paint for other guys on the team?  Why not shore up starters on defense first?  Why sign a turnstile of a OT and pay him big money?  They were not happy at all.  There is a lot of damage control to do in Cincy this year.  The new HC has his hands full already, and the new league year hasn't started yet.

I guess the logic must go that since fewer fans were coming through the turnstiles they better keep the biggest turnstile of them all.

-QG

As bad as Hart getting resigned is at least there will be someone new assigned #70.  Ced signed by the Jaguars.

-QG

So the only mock that matters happened a this week as Dave Lapham made his  "prediction" - which given that he is employed by the team always somehow someway are astounding accurate.  Why the Bengals do this or allow him to do this every single year is insane as it is starting to prove costly (like last year when he telegraphed or Ragnow plan and naturally Detroit selected him one spot ahead of us.

Anyway you'll notice suddenly mocks have teams like Houston trading up to 8 to pick Andre Dillard immediately after Lapham made his "prediction".

This team can be so frustrating.

Anyway the good news is it looks like most of the names being bandied about at #11.  Where we will pick.  Because we never trade up.  Ever.  Oh where was I anyway most of the names are good and fit needs.  Only picks that would set me off would be Gary in round one or else Jones or Lock at that spot.  Those would be disasters (if Harbaugh can't motivate Gary....I mean c'mon).

Oh Lap actually has Jonah Williams as preferred but that he'll be gone.  

Anyway Who Dey.

-QG

True lol.  And Lapham remains perfect (as he said when he named Dillard the pick that it was only because he thought Jonah would be gone)

Love the pick.

-QG

Bengals draft both Williams AND Anderson at RB? With Gio in the last year of his deal any chance Bengals ship him out? They weren't high draft capital picks but both those guys can play and we're just talking about a backup role behind Mixon.

Drew Sample could have been had as an undrafted free agent, this is as bad of a pick as Jerome Simpson or Jeff Freaking Rowe

The amazing thing is they pour a bunch of money into Uzomah, they spend a bunch of draft capital on Sample, and at the end of the day..... they are just crossing their fingers that Eifert doesn't get injured again. 

You would think they handled the TE position terribly but then you look at all the late WR's that they passed on.

Very, very odd.

New Dey indeed - (except for the evergreen that is the refs screwing us out of the game by massively botching that last call).

Marvin Lewis must be spinning in his grave right now.  That 2-minute drive at the end of the first half was something Marvin would absolutely never do.  And Ross looks like a new player in this offense.  Considering the passing workload the line wasn't the abject disaster I feared.

Going up to Seattle is never easy and the team acquitted itself quite well.  I wonder if Bullock misses more key kicks if there's a chance this staff will have a quicker hook than Marvin ever did. 

But at least Sundays will be interesting and fun.

Who Dey!

-QG

This is ugly.  LBs and OL are just awful.  Sounds like Jordan is out for a while which makes OL even worse. 

Bad draft picks the last several years are really haunting this roster.  

No reason to keep having Dalton go out there.  Might as well see what we have in Finley.  If not this week then definitely after the buy.  Honestly would just as soon see Dolegala first.

-QG

When Ngakoue saw running back Giovani Bernard in the game, he figured Cincinnati was going to throw a screen pass and got in position to pick it off.

''I noticed when (Bernard) was in the game, they were looking to pass,'' Ngakoue said. ''And when it was (Joe Mixon), they were looking to run. So I thought it was going to be a screen.''

More NFl coaching incompetence and with an OL that is criminally inept, this teams will battle Miami for 0-16.

Did you see the Dehner article on the run differential?  Comically historically bad.  We're on pace for like 850 rushing yards for the season while giving up like 3000.

-QG
Worst OL and LBs in the league so it makes sense   

This week should be interesting.  They have to sell off some parts for picks.  

[Pelissero] Sources: The #Bengals are making a QB change after the bye. Andy Dalton goes to the bench. Rookie Ryan Finley expected to start. More right now on @nflnetwork

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1189225627859259393?s=19

Users who are viewing this thread