What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread *** PLEASE NO SPOILERS *** (2 Viewers)

And now Justice Hill to BAL.  Again, interesting, but definitely a... muddled situation.
 I think he'll be nice COP and a big play waiting to happen but fantasy people will never have any idea when it's going to happen. One of those picks that's good for Baltimore, probably not fantasy people.

Maybe trim this thing to 6 rounds and have more undrafted FAs?
If anything I would assume the NFL would look to add more rounds to the draft so they can sell more advertising. The draft is a bigger business every year. I'm sure they would be happy to stretch this thing out to a week. The undrafted FA's already make up a surprisingly large % of players in the NFL.

I don't think the vets negotiating the CBA's care what happens to the rookies. The rookie slotted salaries and 5th year option was great for owners/vets/fans but it was just awful for rookies coming into the league.

If anything I would assume the NFL would look to add more rounds to the draft so they can sell more advertising. The draft is a bigger business every year. I'm sure they would be happy to stretch this thing out to a week. The undrafted FA's already make up a surprisingly large % of players in the NFL.

I don't think the vets negotiating the CBA's care what happens to the rookies. The rookie slotted salaries and 5th year option was great for owners/vets/fans but it was just awful for rookies coming into the league.
It's the same business model used in other industries. You can slide stuff past the long time employees if you only chop the rookies.

It's the same business model used in other industries. You can slide stuff past the long time employees if you only chop the rookies.
They have also done a great job of creating things to "give up" in the next CBA. By having unreasonable weed policies they can soften that to appease the veterans. By having an arbitrary suspension system that is completely controlled by the whim of the commish they can "give" the players a process that has some sanity to it in the next CBA.... in exchange for what? A SIXTH year option on the rookies?

Leroy Hoard said:
Welcome to the club.

I believe there has only been 10 drafted.
Brad St Louis played like a decade for the Bengals after they drafted (only turned into Bad Snaps Louis the last couple of years).  Unconventional but not always a bad move - hopefully you just don't notice him for a decade.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread