What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2020 Dallas Cowboys *** Jason Garrett responsible for yet another letdown season. Which WR should the Cowboys take with the 10th pick? (2 Viewers)

My answer for what they should take is the same as its always been and will continue to be....

OL or DL, after that any defensive player. 

NEVER draft a WR in Round 1 Unless youre 100% positive he's going to be Randy or Rice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gil Brandt

@Gil_Brandt

The Cowboys have the 17th pick in tonight's draft, a position they have drafted from four times in their history. Half of the picks at that spot are in the HOF, the other two are named Kevin.

1964: Mel Renfro

1985: Kevin Brooks

1990: Emmitt Smith

1992: Kevin Smith

what happens to gallup now?

this gotta hurt his value and i saw a breakout season from him

From what I understand the Cowboys have an opt-out on Cooper after year 2 of this contract with 1 mill cap hit (from what I understand) but Gallup could survive. To me CeeDee will be the king of the Hill in Dallas even with Cooper. If I had Gallup I'd hold, everyone will immediately assume he takes the hit I'm not too sure about that.

Tex

• Smile
Reactions: DAG

I think nothing really, maybe a couple fewer targets, though he probably runs even more deep routes. I think Cooper might play in the slot. He's got the highest rating of any WR in the slot when he actually plays there, and both Gallup and Lamb are better suited as outside guys.

Love the Lamb pick. Value wise, I think its the best pick of round 1. How do you cover those 3 guys, without just giving Zeke a ton of room?

Jerry Jones just said they got 3 different trade offers for the pick but they couldn't pass up drafting Lamb. He didn't say who they were or what the offer was.

Tex

I swear Jerry Jones said he was sitting in the draft room with Jamie Fox???? Like............how is that possible?!?! LMAO

Tex

Daks brother, Jace, died Thursday morning. That's just an awful feeling no one should have to go through. I feel for him and his family.

While Gallup will never be more than a complementary WR I think this pick helps him somewhat.  Teams aren't going to be able to cover all 3 and Gallup will be the benefactor. 

He said that Fox was in the next room and that they discussed the pick......either way it just seems odd.

Tex
I'm just assuming that is typical old man not understanding technology...hell, he might have really thought he was in the room.

G-King said:
lol, i hope so. Anybody with the laugh now is Dak, who can just sit back and demand a mountain of money now. Jer's ego won't let it happen, and the Cowboys have 3 wonderful WRs, and no QB to throw them the ball. If he signs, he better pray the Cowboys get some OL help tonight or he will have some very tough weeks. 

and salary cap wise, having 2 of your highest paid players be Zeke and Cooper (who just signed this past year) is just baffling. 

Could pan out great, but also has potential to be some disgruntled players and some ups and downs

lol, i hope so. Anybody with the laugh now is Dak, who can just sit back and demand a mountain of money now. Jer's ego won't let it happen, and the Cowboys have 3 wonderful WRs, and no QB to throw them the ball. If he signs, he better pray the Cowboys get some OL help tonight or he will have some very tough weeks. 

and salary cap wise, having 2 of your highest paid players be Zeke and Cooper (who just signed this past year) is just baffling. 

Could pan out great, but also has potential to be some disgruntled players and some ups and downs
cowboys defense also lost 4 starters from last year and have  not done much to help that.  good luck

cowboys defense also lost 4 starters from last year and have  not done much to help that.  good luck
Welcome to the Cowboys thread, the salty Eagle spin doctoring is amazing. Obviously you expect that in the Eagles thread, but come on man. You’re better than that

This shtick is FANTASTICALLY bad

You better be able to put up 35+, I don’t see it

Welcome to the Cowboys thread, the salty Eagle spin doctoring is amazing. Obviously you expect that in the Eagles thread, but come on man. You’re better than that
It’s free entertainment :lol:

After learning about the kid I’m more and more pleased with the pick. Dude is a STUD WR. Made some Odell-like catches. He’s really really good with the ball in his hands. 

This shtick is FANTASTICALLY bad

You better be able to put up 35+, I don’t see it

It’s free entertainment :lol:
If you want entertainment, read their thread. You can find them talking about the Cowboys on nearly every single page. It’s amazing. 

It’s really strange. They compare almost everything their team does on the impact it will have against the Cowboys. They almost never talk about the Redskins or Giants and sometimes not even the Eagles. It’s Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys allllllll the time. 

They were all craving for Lamb. Now that he’s with us, Lamb sucks and played against bums. 

They love the Cowboys so much they even drafted a player named Dallas cause they thought we wanted him! 

So as far as our and their favorite team goes, I want defense and OL the rest of the way. No skills guys unless it’s a bargain. 

Oh and sorry, we won’t be able to change the thread title for about a week. Ironically, the OP got banned for a week for defending Eagles fans against some awful Cowboys fan Ive never seen before talking smack and trolling them (poorly) all last night. 

If you want entertainment, read their thread. You can find them talking about the Cowboys on nearly every single page. It’s amazing. 

It’s really strange. They compare almost everything their team does on the impact it will have against the Cowboys. They almost never talk about the Redskins or Giants and sometimes not even the Eagles. It’s Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys allllllll the time. 

They were all craving for Lamb. Now that he’s with us, Lamb sucks and played against bums. 

They love the Cowboys so much they even drafted a player named Dallas cause they thought we wanted him! 

So as far as our and their favorite team goes, I want defense and OL the rest of the way. No skills guys unless it’s a bargain. 
In fairness, there's only 1 poster in there who has said anything negative about Lamb's talent.

In fairness, there's only 1 poster in there who has said anything negative about Lamb's talent.
Deamon’s right, it’s pretty much just one who doesn’t like Lamb. Most Eagles are pretty sick about Dallas getting him and Howard not trading up. Philly still got a great player though.

I will say that Dallas is 50% of what they talk about. One guy even talks about how the Cowboys have too much fire power now, so now they will somehow be worse?🤠 Spin Doctor at its finest.

But both threads have a few over the top tools. Deamon is NOT one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread