What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2020 Dallas Cowboys *** Jason Garrett responsible for yet another letdown season. Which WR should the Cowboys take with the 10th pick? (1 Viewer)

Cowboysfan8 said:
Is Earl Thomas still Earl Thomas?

Boys redid Tyron and freed up 7-8 mil the other day

:oldunsure:
Ravens dropped Thomas.  If a SB competing team drops him, thats a flag for me.

Rappaport saying Dallas is not really in the running for Thomas  

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1298247055207469061?s=20

A comment below has a link to The Fan podcast that has Jerry contradicting that report.  

🤷‍♀️
As a rival fan, this just screams to me that Jerry 1. wanted to tease the possibility and 2. that he wanted to break his own news. I'll give him credit he seems to always "know" what his fans want. Doesn't really deliver much other than hype these days, but hey, its entertainment and he knows the business side almost better than anyone. 

Super excited to see what this defense looks like this year. Easier said than done, and you can say this every year, but if they stay healthy and keep their nose clean, this D-line should be stacked. Hard to imagine that at the end of last season.

I would love to find a way to get Dlaw, Griffen, Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory on that line on obvious passing downs. Thats the old Giants Nascar package territory. (Nobody is Strahan, no disrespect to him.)

Very excited as well!  Looking forward to see if this O can do what people are saying.  

Saw that DLaw redid his contract to free up 9 mil.  thats the 2nd contract they redid recently, im feeling more and more that it could lead to Earl Thomas signing.  On one side, I dont want the possible locker room disruption, but if he can play at pro bowl levels still...

Very excited as well!  Looking forward to see if this O can do what people are saying.  

Saw that DLaw redid his contract to free up 9 mil.  thats the 2nd contract they redid recently, im feeling more and more that it could lead to Earl Thomas signing.  On one side, I dont want the possible locker room disruption, but if he can play at pro bowl levels still...
They can carry over most of the unused salary into next year. I think this is all money for Dak.

I think they’ll sign Earl after week one so his contract isn’t guaranteed. If Dak is this leader everyone says he is -he needs be able to control everyone. 

They can carry over most of the unused salary into next year. I think this is all money for Dak.

I think they’ll sign Earl after week one so his contract isn’t guaranteed. If Dak is this leader everyone says he is -he needs be able to control everyone. 
Thats what I keep hearing also.  I guess if they wait and its not a guaranteed contract, might be worth the shot.  

Excited to see Diggs in action, reports out of camp are that he is legit.

Thats what I keep hearing also.  I guess if they wait and its not a guaranteed contract, might be worth the shot.  

Excited to see Diggs in action, reports out of camp are that he is legit.
I just can’t get excited about what they say coming out of camp anymore. Every year the reporters say how well guys are doing and what great camps they are having and when the season comes around zero production out of those guys for the most part.

I just can’t get excited about what they say coming out of camp anymore. Every year the reporters say how well guys are doing and what great camps they are having and when the season comes around zero production out of those guys for the most part.
I know what you're saying, but I am a sucker for it.  I remember last year getting excited for Hill and he rarely even suited up...lol.

I know what you're saying, but I am a sucker for it.  I remember last year getting excited for Hill and he rarely even suited up...lol.
I will say that I’m excited to see the offense open up a little bit more. I think they’re going to be more creative. (looks like I’m still a sucker for that line too LOL)

I don’t know how I feel about McCarthy yet. All the naysayers point to Aaron Rodgers talking smack about him, but he’s a Super Bowl winning coach and I think Rogers is a douchepickle So I don’t put too much stock into what AA-Ron says.

from a distance it seems that McCarthy is letting all the assistant coaches do the majority of the coaching while he does the managing which I like. I’ve always been a big believer in paying for great assistant coaches and having a motivator as the head coach. My favorite two coaches are Jimmy Johnson and **** Vermeil. 

Disappointing to say the least.  LVE, Jarwin and Erving injuries are big.  Erving may be the biggest as Dak wont have much time with RT being a weak spot.  Hopefully Collins is back after week 3 and healthy.  Big guys and hip injuries are troubling.  

Gallup penalty was huge, maybe Ramsey flopped a bit, but Gallup had his arm extended into him, so no surprise it was called.  Still baffled on not going for the tie on 4th  and 4ish.  D wasn't playing great, surprised the got the ball back at all.  

Hoping someone has some positive takeaways to share, as I'm searching from some.  

Disappointing to say the least.  LVE, Jarwin and Erving injuries are big.  Erving may be the biggest as Dak wont have much time with RT being a weak spot.  Hopefully Collins is back after week 3 and healthy.  Big guys and hip injuries are troubling.  

Gallup penalty was huge, maybe Ramsey flopped a bit, but Gallup had his arm extended into him, so no surprise it was called.  Still baffled on not going for the tie on 4th  and 4ish.  D wasn't playing great, surprised the got the ball back at all.  

Hoping someone has some positive takeaways to share, as I'm searching from some.  
Should’ve kicked the FG to tie it. Strange decision on MM’s part

LVE hurts the most. 

The call on Gallop was a horse#### call and only happened because that overly-dramatic, flamboyant display of gods gift to corners who run their mouths and get torched.

You wanna call offsetting penalties and re-do the play fine but Ramsey had a his arms and hands all over Gallop too. 

Total Horse #*%^ call. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarwin - ACL Surgery

LVE - Collarbone surgery 6-8 weeks

Erving - Sprained medial collateral ligament - few weeks

not good

It seems as though they stuck to a very stringent 'philosophy' of what they wanted people to think they were.  It was as though they did not take into account the vast and deep talent they have in the skill positions(EXCEPT QB accuracy). We have 3 receivers that excel in running stride for stride with CB's and fighting for the ball.  Given the talent of our WR'ers, it is ridiculous to put them in an offense where they run 8 yards, turn, and wait for the ball. Our WR'ers are built to catch the ball in stride and break tackles.  Lastly, spread the ball more.

I am completely sober right now.  Honest...

The Boys really shat the bed in the first quarter. 20-0 and the NFC East teams were squawking, as well they should I guess. BUT, a funny thing happened on the way to the bank- they showed serious brass ones. Dak is a heck of a leader and never wavered. When other teams are quitting on their QB (and it looks like some QBs are quitting on the team) Dak saddled up and rode the win home. No doubt this team has a LOT of shortcomings still to fix, but heart isn’t one of them. Thankfully we have a QB leader on this team. Take the win, and be happy that the team has each other’s back. Other opponents in our division aren’t so lucky.

How about CeeDee? What a gift he is to this team. 6 catches for 106 in only his second NFL game ever is putting teams on notice about this rookie. 

This defense is looking like it will end up as a historically bad unit.......I hate how this team is playing, and I hate the direction they are going......no more ball control with Zeke....Dak is chucking it all over the field.  Yea, they score, but how bout we we try to keep the ball out of the other teams hands?

I guess some things never change......this is pretty much how the 'Boys were in Romo's hay day.......except Dak has more shiny toys, and he's throwing it even more!

Last edited by a moderator:
That O line is a mess as well.  lt is an open gate for DLs to run by.  very discouraging to watch.

That O line is a mess as well.  lt is an open gate for DLs to run by.  very discouraging to watch.
It remains that Jerry Jones cannot construct a complete roster......it's always lacking in some area....What is the identity of this team?  At the moment, they can't run the ball, and they can't play defense......they are the falcons basically

I have an idea.....let's bring in Antonio Brown, and a pass rusher with a sketchy past......that seems like a Jerry thing to do at this point.

It remains that Jerry Jones cannot construct a complete roster......it's always lacking in some area....What is the identity of this team?  At the moment, they can't run the ball, and they can't play defense......they are the falcons basically

I have an idea.....let's bring in Antonio Brown, and a pass rusher with a sketchy past......that seems like a Jerry thing to do at this point.
That would not come as a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread