What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (4 Viewers)

AP and NYT are showing different numbers here. AP is showing Trump with 2,404,279 with 96% reporting, while NYT shows Trump at 2,404,510 with 94% reporting.

If NYT is correct, then Biden needs to win around 62% of outstanding ballots. If AP is correct, then Biden needs to win around 66% of remaining ballots. :oldunsure:
CNN said Biden has received 71% of the votes counted today so far.

Per CNN:

A source close to the White House said it's becoming apparent that GOP officials are beginning to lose patience with some of President Trump's behavior as he baselessly claims fraud is robbing him of the presidency. 

Trump is "bleeding GOP support," said the source, who described the President's complaints as an "ambulance chasing routine."

The source went on to criticize the Trump campaign for leveling charges of voter fraud in Pennsylvania.
Maybe one of them will even write an Anonymous Op-Ed?

I'm going by AP and I'm doing the calculations myself based on roughly 6.9M total votes.  It has 87% reporting.  All of these are going to be off a little and I'm not using the exact source.  You can trust what you're seeing in those other spots.  I just happen to like AP because they seem to update faster and I like my calculations because I'm on the conservative side to make me feel better  ;)
seems like they differ from NYT on just how many uncounted ballots are left.

266k now in PA

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden is estimated to need 65-67% of the remaining votes to carry GA. He has been earning 71% of the mail in ballots processed today. 
Lead down to 56K (started at 104K today).  Almost cut in half.  Showing 97% reporting.  It's going to be REALLY close.

Assuming 822K votes left in PA (that's 12% of 6.9M), then Biden needs 553K of those.  That's 67%.  It's right about where he's been all day.
I have no idea what's going on, but NYT and NBC are both showing 1 million ballots outstanding (15%).
@gianmarco, what source are you using? Whatever it is, it's ahead of NYT, NBC, and AP. Not necessarily saying it's wrong ... just seems earlier than everyone else.

EDIT: Oh ... you are using AP? My mental math must be erroneous regarding where AP is at with Pennsylvania.

I have no idea what's going on, but NYT and NBC are both showing 1 million ballots outstanding (15%).
I'm going by AP and I'm doing the calculations myself based on roughly 6.9M total votes.  It has 87% reporting.  All of these are going to be off a little and I'm not using the exact source.  You can trust what you're seeing in those other spots.  I just happen to like AP because they seem to update faster and I like my calculations because I'm on the conservative side to make me feel better  ;)
The nice thing about NBC is that they show the actual number of votes remaining (not a percentage). But their numbers never match what I see on Google/AP so I'm not sure who to believe.

Lead down to 56K (started at 104K today).  Almost cut in half.  Showing 97% reporting.  It's going to be REALLY close.
I agree in theory but how do they really know how many votes are still uncounted? The % reporting number is really a guess.  

Now that it is clear trump will be out of power soon all of his followers will be fleeing like rats from a ship.
Trump doesn't have a real friend in the world.  As soon as someone stops being useful to him, he dumps them.  And likewise as soon as he stops being useful to someone, they dump him.

Dude is Voldemort.

https://www.axios.com/gop-women-house-representatives-ca334037-cfbe-43c0-8e14-4c95624c4f10.html?utm_campaign=organic&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=twitter

A record number of Republican women ran for federal office this year and so far the GOP has boosted the number of women in the House by at least 10 members.

Why it matters: The new representatives reflect a big win for the Republican Party — and a payoff in their efforts to recruit women to run for office. Only 13 women held seats in the House in the 116th Congress; those numbers are now expected to be at least 23 (the AP has called at least 12 races and two of the current female representatives are retiring).

By the numbers: Of the 227 Republican women who filed to run for the House, a record 94 won their primaries. This shatters the previous the record high of 53 set in 2004, according to the Rutgers Center for American Women and Politics.

Trump doesn't have a real friend in the world.  As soon as someone stops being useful to him, he dumps them.  And likewise as soon as he stops being useful to someone, they dump him.

Dude is Voldemort.
Damn. So all along it was that he didn’t understand the ancient magic behind the power of love, and wand lore. He never had a chance. 

Think Trump fires Fauci before Inauguration Day?
Trump will fire Ivanka if he loses.   He'll sit in the White House by himself all day yelling at people who don't work there anymore.   

Trump won't care about Covid anymore after he loses.   He'll let Fauci do whatever he wants.

The nice thing about NBC is that they show the actual number of votes remaining (not a percentage).
I'm curious how they would know the exact number of votes cast. Wasn't sure that was established before votes were completely tallied (incl absentee, provisionals, etc.)

His behavior between now and then if he loses will be utterly unpredictable as his party works to ineffectively but obviously distance themselves from him.
He cares nothing about the country.   He'll spend the time trying to make illegal deals to build hotels in Moscow and  bribe Chinese officials for trademarks.   You know, like right when he was getting elected.

Assuming 822K votes left in PA (that's 12% of 6.9M), then Biden needs 553K of those.  That's 67%.  It's right about where he's been all day.
@gianmarco, what source are you using? Whatever it is, it's ahead of NYT, NBC, and AP. Not necessarily saying it's wrong ... just seems earlier than everyone else.

EDIT: Oh ... you are using AP? My mental math must be erroneous regarding where AP is at with Pennsylvania.
AP: 3,151,861 - 2,891,669 (88% reporting)
NYT and NBC: 3,151,010 - 2,885,334 (86% reporting, 1,035,618 outstanding)

Depending on the source, Biden would need either 66% or 63.6% of outstanding ballots.

He already built a fence around the White House. I think it is time for a new presidential residence. Disconnect the phone and the Button and just let him believe he is President for the next 4 years. We can just call it the first chapter of his post-presidency incarceration.

@realDonaldTrump

We have claimed, for Electoral Vote purposes, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (which won’t allow legal observers) the State of Georgia, and the State of North Carolina, each one of which has a BIG Trump lead. Additionally, we hereby claim the State of Michigan if, in fact, there was a large number of secretly dumped ballots as has been widely reported!
...And when you're a star, they let you do it... You can do anything. 

The nice thing about NBC is that they show the actual number of votes remaining (not a percentage).
I'm curious how they would know the exact number of votes cast. Wasn't sure that was established before votes were completely tallied (incl absentee, provisionals, etc.)
Some states process ballots twice (first to verify eligibility, then to count votes). Not sure if PA or GA does it that way.

gianmarco said:
Biden appears to need 65% of the remaining GA votes.  

:popcorn:

Soulfly3 said:
@realDonaldTrump

We have claimed, for Electoral Vote purposes, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (which won’t allow legal observers) the State of Georgia, and the State of North Carolina, each one of which has a BIG Trump lead. Additionally, we hereby claim the State of Michigan if, in fact, there was a large number of secretly dumped ballots as has been widely reported!

oh

my

god
He didn't even get this right.   He's suing Michigan about the observers, not Pennsylvania.   

FreeBaGeL said:

Dude is Voldemort.
This is reserved for Rick Scott

Nate Cohn's is tweeting that PA is going to end up 2%+ for Biden.  At this point it's a race to see if Biden gets into the lead before some judge tells them to stop counting.

Cold Dead Hands said:
He already built a fence around the White House. I think it is time for a new presidential residence. Disconnect the phone and the Button and just let him believe he is President for the next 4 years. We can just call it the first chapter of his post-presidency incarceration.
Yup. Put him to sleep before he gets on Air Force 1 like the A-Team used to with B.A. Barracus.....and then when he wakes up on the ground be like:..... "Mr President....we've been attacked by Bad Hombres....we're setting you up at the Mountain White House where you'll lead our defenses".  Then just give him a couple of strategic video games and a blog like Creed's in The Office (www.creedthoughts.got.www/creedthoughts) and let him pretend to tweet.  We could even solve the unemployment issue by hiring actors to reply to his tweets.  

rickroll said:
seems like they differ from NYT on just how many uncounted ballots are left.

266k now in PA
Won't PA be a rolling final total.  They are excepting ballots for 3 days after the election as long as they are post marked November 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread