What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (4 Viewers)

Very likely we’re one or two degrees from one another. Tons of friends who went to Calvin and I’ve been active in west Michigan Reformed churches for 40 years.
Probably ...depending on the age difference.   :unsure:   I was Calvin, class of '77 and always attended LaGrave Ave. CRC.  Both my sisters still live out around Ada and were literally soccer moms with some of the Amway clan.

--

Looks like Biden needs 63% of the remaining GA votes, which is steady with before.  Very tight.

CNN correspondent just said GA sec of state says minimum 149k ballots still yet to be counted in GA.

ETA: 100% mail in ballots.

Lil pump

@lilpump

Remain calm. Remain patient. Have trust in the system. Our man will be re-elected. #Trump202020 ESSKEETIT———-(what the hell does this mean)

@realDonaldTrump

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN correspondent just said GA sec of state says minimum 149k ballots still yet to be counted in GA.

ETA: 100% mail in ballots.
If it's 149K, then Biden needs to get 66.2% of the remaining vote (which would be a bit higher than his rate for most of the day, I think).

If it's 268K (which is what NBC's website shows), then Biden only needs to get 59.3% of the remaining vote (which is well within Biden's range).

If it's 149K, then Biden needs to get 66.2% of the remaining vote (which would be a bit higher than his rate for most of the day, I think).

If it's 268K (which is what NBC's website shows), then Biden only needs to get 59.3% of the remaining vote (which is well within Biden's range).
It's down to 38K.  So even at 150K, it's closer to 60%

Probably ...depending on the age difference.   :unsure:   I was Calvin, class of '77 and always attended LaGrave Ave. CRC.  Both my sisters still live out around Ada and were literally soccer moms with some of the Amway clan.
I got out of h.s. in '80. The old family farm was in Ada (grandparents.) We've since migrated over to the Lakeshore; Grand Haven-Spring Lake region. I was at Bella Vista Church (Rockford) for many years, and have called Harvest Bible my home away from home since they planted there a decade ago. My BIL was probably at Calvin same time as you, maybe a year behind.

I got out of h.s. in '80. The old family farm was in Ada (grandparents.) We've since migrated over to the Lakeshore; Grand Haven-Spring Lake region. I was at Bella Vista Church (Rockford) for many years, and have called Harvest Bible my home away from home since they planted there a decade ago. My BIL was probably at Calvin same time as you, maybe a year behind.
Our family has had a small, seasonal cottage right on Silver Lake (right on Belding Rd across from that storefront) for 97 years now.  We spent our summers there (as dad would drive into the city working at Keeler Brass Co.).  We recently bought out both my sisters (my brother gave up his cottage share ten years ago), so my wife and I (and kids/grandkids) are spending a lot more time there now.  I'm old enough to remember when Lake Bella Vista was just grungy old Grass Lake.   :yes:

Our family has had a small, seasonal cottage right on Silver Lake (right on Belding Rd across from that storefront) for 97 years now.  We spent our summers there (as dad would drive into the city working at Keeler Brass Co.).  We recently bought out both my sisters (my brother gave up his cottage share ten years ago), so my wife and I (and kids/grandkids) are spending a lot more time there now.  I'm old enough to remember when Lake Bella Vista was just grungy old Grass Lake.   :yes:
Haha well if we ever find ourselves back there some summer let's hook up. 

We had a seasonal fresh water cottage as well; three miles from the year round house. Every year, Memorial to Labor Day. Graduated to the big lake in the 70s but I loved cottage summer living. My three siblings and there brood of grandkids (now middle aged themselves lol) are all around Ottawa and Muskegon Counties.

Lil pump

@lilpump

Remain calm. Remain patient. Have trust in the system. Our man will be re-elected. #Trump202020 ESSKEETIT———-(what the hell does this mean)

@realDonaldTrump
He’s also tweeted 

“Why shower if your getting dirty again” 

and 

“2020 imma start reading books” 

So he’s prolly not the guy I’m turning to for political advice or opinions 

I believe they said a few mins ago that Biden has been pulling 71% of the vote so far today.

He’s also tweeted 

“Why shower if your getting dirty again” 
I don't know man. If I go workout in the early afternoon but want to get a run in at night, would I shower after my first workout only to have to shower again after the run? Seems like lots of showering. I could be wasting my time here explaining unrealistic scenarios instead.

Warning: the Nate guy for the NYT says he expects the AZ totals to tighten tonight. Fwiw

ETA: alright, since I posted this he hedged somewhat as he misinterpreted some data. So. 🤷🏻

Back down to 87%.

PA is Biden's.
so.....stop me if I'm off base

there is no valid reason to contest the election

their strategy is all over the place (stop counting in MI? OK you lose now. but keep counting in AZ)

and the Electoral margin is like say 286-252 or 306-232.

what are the doing with the legal cases?

are they just hoping to run the clock out until we get closer to certification. do that crazy conspiracy case thing where the Republican controlled legislatures appoint new Electors.

as Coach Lombardi said

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?

Yes, Georgia, with about 100,000 to go and Biden down 36,000.  If Biden can hold a high 60s %, he could sneak through with a win.
The general unknown is if there currently is a set number of remaining ballots or if there are more still coming in. 

The general unknown is if there currently is a set number of remaining ballots or if there are more still coming in. 
Good point - there will an incoming trickle/flow in a number of states.  Not sure if it will be enough to affect the very close states (GA? NC? NV?).

These Conservative pundits on FOX taking "victory laps" on the idea that the polls were so off are depressing.  They can't be having fun with that.  It's like sex with a prostitute or eating a soy burger or seeing your cousin naked.....no matter how much you're trying to tell yourself you're having fun....its just not the same thing.  

I don't know man. If I go workout in the early afternoon but want to get a run in at night, would I shower after my first workout only to have to shower again after the run? Seems like lots of showering. I could be wasting my time here explaining unrealistic scenarios instead.
Depends what you have to do between those two workouts. 

Users who are viewing this thread