What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** Official Aaron Rodgers injury thread ***** (1 Viewer)

A win would have been nice, but the tie gets them to 5-5-1, and still in the playoff hunt. Good news for Rodgers owners because as long as the Packers are in it, the Aaron Rodgers watch will continue. If they get mathematically eliminated or close to it, management won't risk Aaron Rodgers for a short term run.

I need him to play next week. These scrub QBs are killing Jordy Nelson's value.
Thanks for that valuable info! Very helpful.
Just as helpful as your comment.
I believe it is helpful to keep people from talking about their teams and who they start.
Keep us posted on all your beliefs please. They are very valuable.
LOL, man the people who get so angry around here. I love my handle can get so many so angry, from just saying how helpful it was someone talked about his players lol

Put me on ignore if I'm such a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
A win would have been nice, but the tie gets them to 5-5-1, and still in the playoff hunt. Good news for Rodgers owners because as long as the Packers are in it, the Aaron Rodgers watch will continue. If they get mathematically eliminated or close to it, management won't risk Aaron Rodgers for a short term run.
Is Flynn a good cuff option?

I need him to play next week. These scrub QBs are killing Jordy Nelson's value.
Thanks for that valuable info! Very helpful.
Just as helpful as your comment.
I believe it is helpful to keep people from talking about their teams and who they start.
Keep us posted on all your beliefs please. They are very valuable.
LOL, man the people who get so angry around here. I love my handle can get so many so angry, from just saying how helpful it was someone talked about his players lol

Put me on ignore if I'm such a problem.
No anger...but when you act like a tool, dont be shocked when people respond in kind.

Packers D is a dumspter fire when Rodgers doesn't stake them to a lead
He covers up for a lot yes.

Teams don't run on them as much if Rodgers is out there putting up points.

But the D just sucks right now...and no idea where the fix for it is. Secondary issues...line issues...LB issues.

Good all around for Jordy, Jones, Boykin, & Lacy owners...Really like to see him by week 14!!

Hard to imagine Rodgers playing in 4 days. Flynn played well today and the team responded. I'm projecting a return in week 14 at the earliest.

What a shame. I've been a Rodgers owner for the past two years and overall he has disappointed. He's a good to great real life QB, but only good as a fantasy QB. I think his fantasy game took a downward turn when he stopped running and turned into a classic pocket QB. I can see why they did that - to keep him from getting injured. But in an ironic twist of fate I think he ends up having a greater propensity for getting hit hard by being a pocket QB, especially with O-Line the last two years.

Last edited:
Hard to imagine Rodgers playing in 4 days. Flynn played well today and the team responded. I'm projecting a return in week 14 at the earliest.

What a shame. I've been a Rodgers owner for the past two years and overall he has disappointed. He's a good to great real life QB, but only good as a fantasy QB. I think his fantasy game took a downward turn when he stopped running and turned into a classic pocket QB. I can see why they did that - to keep him from getting injured. But in an ironic twist of fate I think he ends up having a greater propensity for getting hit hard by being a pocket QB, especially with O-Line the last two years.
#2 FF QB in standard league 2011 and 2012. 2 points behind Brees in 2011, 13 points behind him in 2012.

So not sure how he is "only good" as a fantasy QB.

He has not been hurt while in the pocket.

The concussion a few years ago was when he took off to run.

This year it was escaping the pocket and just getting landed on that shoulder.

Postscript: Really mad at McCarthy for pulling Tolzien after his solid first quarter. :rant: I didn't watch the game, and I don't care how he was doing in real football, in fantasy, he was on an Aaron Rodgers pace for awhile anyways. :wall:

Postscript: Really mad at McCarthy for pulling Tolzien after his solid first quarter. :rant: I didn't watch the game, and I don't care how he was doing in real football, in fantasy, he was on an Aaron Rodgers pace for awhile anyways. :wall:
He was doing nothing FF wise after that one run.

Did you see the other 2 quarters of him not looking on anything like an Aaron Rodgers pace (real or fantasy)?

Did you see the other 2 quarters of him not looking on anything like an Aaron Rodgers pace (real or fantasy)?
I already admitted that I didn't watch that game. I was just venting a little about needing a one week stop gap for my Foles/RG3 teams. Sorry for the vent, carry on with your real football talk.

I already admitted that I didn't watch that game. I was just venting a little about needing a one week stop gap for my Foles/RG3 teams. Sorry for the vent, carry on with your real football talk.
Well...after 5 INTs in the first two games he played...it may have been wise to look elsewhere.

I did in one league...but did not help me much (still won but was lucky).

I went with Eli with Wilson on a bye knowing he would play the whole game.

Tuesday will be a big day for this thread if he can practice
Looking at Flynns remaining schedule starting with Week 13 @DET, ATL, @ DAL and PIT if Rodgers does not come back he may actually have a shot to do something productive statistically in the fantasy playoffs. He does know this offense and given practice time with the starting offense he could be efficient against these bad defenses. They do have good receivers and a really good running game. Is he the real fantasy playoff savior?

Week 14 has to be the target with the comment below, right?

Speaking Monday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Aaron Rodgers (broken left collarbone) would "like" to start Thursday's game against the Lions, but that the chances he does so are "slim to none."

So doesn't sound like Rodgers is a go this week. Definitely need to win my matchup in Week 13 so I can get a bye in Round 1 and have Rodgers for the semis.

The Packers are going to lose and then they are going to IR Aaron Rodgers. It sucks but thats the most likely scenario now.

The Packers are going to lose and then they are going to IR Aaron Rodgers. It sucks but thats the most likely scenario now.
Is this really likely? James Jones was just dropped in our league and with matchups against Dallas and Pittsburgh in weeks 15 and 16 I was liking the pickup. Not without Rodgers though.

In think everyone is overreacting. The Pack are only a 1/2 game out, and Detroit and Chi are crapping the bed. Why would they give up on a season where they are 1 1/2 games out with 5 games left? Also consider that if SF loses tonight the playoff picture is wide open for the last wild card as well.

He should already be on IR his season is clearly over. If he aint coming back in a must win game against the division leader he wont be back at all. Easy to see the management of the Packers has been covered up by the QB play there for the past few years. McCarthy I have never been a fan of him you have to get the backups ready to play or at least be certain your stud QB wont get hurt if you only carry one scrub backup name Wallace.

In think everyone is overreacting. The Pack are only a 1/2 game out, and Detroit and Chi are crapping the bed. Why would they give up on a season where they are 1 1/2 games out with 5 games left? Also consider that if SF loses tonight the playoff picture is wide open for the last wild card as well.
Makes sense. But Green Bay is going to lose to Detroit in Detroit in a game the Lions will be preparing revenge for and SF losing to the Skins almost makes you look like a Skins fan. They have no shot to beat the 9ers. Therefor season is over for the Pack on Thursday at 4pm.

Free Jordy!

Still my favorite line from the 11/5/13 RW:

According to ESPN Milwaukee, the Packers are still concerned that waived QB Matt Flynn has arm issues. Flynn's elbow problems have caused his already noodled arm to become even more withered.

Makes sense. But Green Bay is going to lose to Detroit in Detroit in a game the Lions will be preparing revenge for and SF losing to the Skins almost makes you look like a Skins fan. They have no shot to beat the 9ers. Therefor season is over for the Pack on Thursday at 4pm.
Good point, the Lions are well known for showing up in big games.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Monday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Aaron Rodgers (broken left collarbone) would "like" to start Thursday's game against the Lions, but that the chances he does so are "slim to none."

There will be no miracle return for Rodgers in a must-win game. McCarthy declined to say whether Scott Tolzien or Matt Flynn would get the call in Detroit, but Flynn is the likely choice. Rodgers is exactly three weeks removed from going down against the Bears on Monday Night Football, so it's not surprising he's still not ready to return. The good news is, he now has almost two weeks to heal up for Week 14, where there's a very good chance he'll finally be back under center.

Related: Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

False Start said:
Mike Vandermause@MikeVandermause4m
Aaron Rodgers was in uniform at practice for first time since injury.

Rob Demovsky@RobDemovsky4m
It's worth noting that Rodgers took snaps from Garth Gerhart -- and not starting center EDS -- during the individual period.

Rob Demovsky@RobDemovsky6m
Aaron Rodgers was back on the practice field. Did all the individual drills during the portion open to reporters. Kicked out before team.

Tom Silverstein@TomSilverstein25s
Keep in mind with Rodgers, he could be cleared to practice but not play. Media was kicked out before team drills began. Stay tuned. #Packers
Picture and proof.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet3m
Positive step. Still can't land on it, though RT @TomSilverstein: Rodgers throwing in practice. pic.twitter.com/HBTJeV6TCW

False Start said:

It's worth noting that Rodgers took snaps from Garth Gerhart -- and not starting center EDS -- during the individual period.

Aaron Rodgers was back on the practice field. Did all the individual drills during the portion open to reporters. Kicked out before team.

Keep in mind with Rodgers, he could be cleared to practice but not play. Media was kicked out before team drills began. Stay tuned. #Packers
Starting with confidence :)

I know nothing about the Mike McCarthy... Does he play games like Belichick with the injury reports?

This sounds like posturing to make the Lions gameplan a little differently, Pack homers?

He wouldn't be out there unless there is a chance he could play right? He is certain to return for week 14 at this point. Maybe the reason McCarthy didnt name a starter is because Rodgers has a good chance to start.

I know nothing about the Mike McCarthy... Does he play games like Belichick with the injury reports?

This sounds like posturing to make the Lions gameplan a little differently, Pack homers?
Kinda thinking the same thing. He just said yesterda his chances of playing were "slim to none". So what changed in less than 24hrs?

False Start said:

Picture and proof.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet3m
Positive step. Still can't land on it, though RT @TomSilverstein: Rodgers throwing in practice. pic.twitter.com/HBTJeV6TCW
Take a look at the pictures, that's the QBs all together throwing out to (likely) the RBs & WRs. That's not a scrimmage.

Unless it's confirmed he's scrimmaging.

The question is whether or not he can take hits (which he won't be doing in practice)..not if he can throw the ball

My guess is they will seriously way the factor if they can absorb another loss - if they decide they can't than Rodgers will play.

If they think they can lose one more than he won't.

Not sure how much he plays games.

I think they want him out there practicing to make it look like something or whatever...but I don't think many believe he will play.

They know he can throw around and not do any damage...but don't want him taking hits.

Thinking its easily Flynn starting this one.

Figures that I just spent $9 of my remaining $12 on Philip Rivers and now Rodgers could play Thursday lol
I traded for Rivers right after Rodgers' injury and am glad I did. I would rather not have my season go down the drain because of a 1st quarter hit to Rodgers.

Not sure how much he plays games.

I think they want him out there practicing to make it look like something or whatever...but I don't think many believe he will play.

They know he can throw around and not do any damage...but don't want him taking hits.

Thinking its easily Flynn starting this one.
I agree. Even with a loss to the Lions they can still win the division if they win out and the Lions go 2-2. Long shot but hardly impossible - Falcons, Cowboys, Steelers, Bears for the Packers and Eagles, Ravens, Giants and Vikings for the Lions.

Figures that I just spent $9 of my remaining $12 on Philip Rivers and now Rodgers could play Thursday lol
I traded for Rivers right after Rodgers' injury and am glad I did. I would rather not have my season go down the drain because of a 1st quarter hit to Rodgers.
Our trade deadline was the week Rodgers went down (and I just traded for Rodgers that week!). By some miracle, the Rivers owner dropped him so I knew I was going to go all out to get him. I think I'm still starting Rivers this week. Hard to trust Rodgers and I just don't think they rush him back out there. One hit on that shoulder and he's done.

He wouldn't be out there unless there is a chance he could play right? He is certain to return for week 14 at this point. Maybe the reason McCarthy didnt name a starter is because Rodgers has a good chance to start.
I think week 14 is more likely. The Packers are very conservative with these types of things. He gets some extra eest and can work in practice to rehab it for week 14 while the Pack hopes the third time is the charm with "a full week of practice for the backup."

Users who are viewing this thread