What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** ALL PA (1 Viewer)

Mike Crimes

Footballguy
pretty obvious its gonna be steelers and eagles in the bowl. As a cowboys fan (im from outside pittsburgh), i wrote a lil ryme

with god lookin down, on my hometown....

its almost as if, he made me brown...

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Slider said:
Philly/Baltimore would be my best guess.
if that happens, it'll be the lowest rated SB of all time have no interest in a Baltimore SB, esp if Philly is playing.
Philly and Balt fans really don't care about the tv ratings. I heard the same things when the Phillies and Rays were in the World Series. Phillies still won the Series...all I cared about.The 2 teams that earn it play the game regardless if some dentist in KC watches.

Why is it always "if the big name teams don't get in, it'll be bad for the NFL"? Didn't they get to be big names by winning a lot of Super Bowls? And wouldn't it be GOOD for the NFL if more teams increased their fan base by winning Super Bowls?

And I can't believe people are just going to discount Arizona after what they did the last two weeks. It's not like they won 41-35 shootouts, they shut down some pretty solid offenses in the process.

Why is it always "if the big name teams don't get in, it'll be bad for the NFL"? Didn't they get to be big names by winning a lot of Super Bowls? And wouldn't it be GOOD for the NFL if more teams increased their fan base by winning Super Bowls? And I can't believe people are just going to discount Arizona after what they did the last two weeks. It's not like they won 41-35 shootouts, they shut down some pretty solid offenses in the process.
:shrug:

Here's a Haiku I just wrote for this occasion:

Eagles will not win

Arizona has much skill

Cards and Steelers play

Love to see my Eagles go to the SB, but I can't take another loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers/Eagles is a compelling matchup because of the geographics, just like it would be if it was the Giants/Jets or Dolphins/Bucs or Cowboys/Texans (go ahead and laugh, I don't care).

Cards/Steelers is compelling because of Whiz vs. Tomlin (not to mention a lot of ex-Steelers on the Cards and the Warner/Ben gungslinger battle would be awesome).

Eagles/Ravens would be boring, but they could harp on the fact that it is the two #6 seeds going at it (probably the first and last time that will happen).

Ravens/Cardinals...um...they are both birds? Worst case scenario there.

Why is it always "if the big name teams don't get in, it'll be bad for the NFL"? Didn't they get to be big names by winning a lot of Super Bowls? And wouldn't it be GOOD for the NFL if more teams increased their fan base by winning Super Bowls?
I just said bad financially. Pitt / Phil will maximize their profit.I agree though a new team now and again is good. The Rays were good for MLB, even though it wasn't big $$-wise for them. The last thing they needed (or the NFL for that matter) was another Boston championship.I don't see another team streaking to the top of the national interest anytime soon though, after the Pats did it in the last 8 years. There are just not any great teams right now that are going to go on a 5-7 year run that could build a national following.

Steelers/Eagles is a compelling matchup because of the geographics, just like it would be if it was the Giants/Jets or Dolphins/Bucs or Cowboys/Texans (go ahead and laugh, I don't care).

Cards/Steelers is compelling because of Whiz vs. Tomlin (not to mention a lot of ex-Steelers on the Cards and the Warner/Ben gungslinger battle would be awesome).

Eagles/Ravens would be boring, but they could harp on the fact that it is the two #6 seeds going at it (probably the first and last time that will happen).

Baltimore is a lot closer in distance to PHilly than Pittsburgh is.

Baltimore is a lot closer in distance to PHilly than Pittsburgh is.
I know that...what are you getting at? (Not being smart, just asking.) As long as Philly wins, this is guaranteed to be a regional game.

I just said bad financially. Pitt / Phil will maximize their profit.I agree though a new team now and again is good. The Rays were good for MLB, even though it wasn't big $$-wise for them. The last thing they needed (or the NFL for that matter) was another Boston championship.

I don't see another team streaking to the top of the national interest anytime soon though, after the Pats did it in the last 8 years. There are just not any great teams right now that are going to go on a 5-7 year run that could build a national following.
Link :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread