What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL American Idol 2021 Thread*** (3 Viewers)

2023 Bump. I guess. Anyone else watching?

I am for the most part. Maybe missed an episode or two. I made an early call that Christian Chris Stapleton (Warren Peay) would win the whole thing, but the producers didn’t give him much exposure during Hollywood week (no screen time whatsoever on the initial solo number).

Lots of great talent this year, but they really are picking and choosing winners by focusing so much on back stories. I love the story of the stripper trying to make a new life for herself and her daughter, but her voice doesn’t hold a candle to the rest of the contestants. And hamburger cook is overrated, and putting him (and his partner) through after they completely bombed the duo forgetting all the words was just disrespectful to everyone else in the auditorium.

I am for the most part. Maybe missed an episode or two. I made an early call that Christian Chris Stapleton (Warren Peay) would win the whole thing, but the producers didn’t give him much exposure during Hollywood week (no screen time whatsoever on the initial solo number).

Lots of great talent this year, but they really are picking and choosing winners by focusing so much on back stories. I love the story of the stripper trying to make a new life for herself and her daughter, but her voice doesn’t hold a candle to the rest of the contestants. And hamburger cook is overrated, and putting him (and his partner) through after they completely bombed the duo forgetting all the words was just disrespectful to everyone else in the auditorium.
this kinda goes towards my point.

it was always a popularity contest, with singing. and there were some great singers that won this thing despite the voting demographic. but it's devolved into typical reality tv more than singing contest since the rebirth. the people who win are the least offensive, least interesting, least talented of the final 12. couldn't tell you any of their names or if any of them have even had a single song released. and reality show staple- backstories win the day in the early segments. that stripper girl shouldn't have even gone past auditions, but there you go.

it was always a popularity contest, with singing. and there were some great singers that won this thing despite the voting demographic. but it's devolved into typical reality tv more than singing contest since the rebirth. the people who win are the least offensive, least interesting, least talented of the final 12. couldn't tell you any of their names or if any of them have even had a single song released. and reality show staple- backstories win the day in the early segments. that stripper girl shouldn't have even gone past auditions, but there you go.
Back a few years ago my daughter auditioned a few times. She made thru three rounds the last time she tried and was told she was good, but just wasn't what they were looking for. If she had had a great backstory she probably would have made it.
The thing is, she DID have a good backstory but didn't want to tell it. She stuttered for a few years when she was really young, overcame it and music was a big part of that. I still wonder if she had told that if she would have at least made it in front of the judges. She was too embarrassed though to bring it up.

Back a few years ago my daughter auditioned a few times. She made thru three rounds the last time she tried and was told she was good, but just wasn't what they were looking for. If she had had a great backstory she probably would have made it.
The thing is, she DID have a good backstory but didn't want to tell it. She stuttered for a few years when she was really young, overcame it and music was a big part of that. I still wonder if she had told that if she would have at least made it in front of the judges. She was too embarrassed though to bring it up.
she would have crushed it.... such a great voice.

floppinho (15) thinks he wants to audition next year- or whenever he's old enough. he's decent enough (not as good/distinct as your daughter), and can be pretty charming/goofy- but has added runs to his game. just awful tbh, lol.

floppinho (15) thinks he wants to audition next year- or whenever he's old enough. he's decent enough (not as good/distinct as your daughter), and can be pretty charming/goofy- but has added runs to his game. just awful tbh, lol.
Good luck to him. It's a long grind. You basically get to sing for 10-15 seconds for the first panel of judges, if they like you, you move on. I believe there are 4 rounds before you make the show.

Good luck to him. It's a long grind. You basically get to sing for 10-15 seconds for the first panel of judges, if they like you, you move on. I believe there are 4 rounds before you make the show.

Four rounds before you make it in the room with the judges for the “initial” audition?

Four rounds before you make it in the room with the judges for the “initial” audition?
I believe before you make it to see the real judges. In her case it would have been Simon Cowell, etc. They have a crap ton of, I'm guessing local judges, that judge you in the initial rounds.

I believe before you make it to see the real judges. In her case it would have been Simon Cowell, etc. They have a crap ton of, I'm guessing local judges, that judge you in the initial rounds.
I have a feeling a lot of this happens via video now. I think they're taking a lot of kids who have existing IG/tiktok/etc numbers.

I have a feeling a lot of this happens via video now. I think they're taking a lot of kids who have existing IG/tiktok/etc numbers.
That's true. She did audition one time via video.

Users who are viewing this thread