What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pearl Light beer help needed (Attention: Texas/Oklahoma FBGs) (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
Does anyone have access to this stuff? I will gladly pay for a can, 6 pack, 12 pack...whatever to be shipped. The Pearl Brewing Company Wiki page suggests that it is still available in small volumes in select markets in Texas and Oklahoma. I can't find any online availability. I know this is an odd request, but I just found out that the father of one of my college buddies passed away. This beer was the only beer that man would ever drink, and we cleaned him out of many cases of the stuff on a few occasions back in the day. I thought it would be cool to send my friend some Pearl Light in honor his dad. I know it would mean a hell of a lot to him if I could find it.

Trying to find it for sale in Houston and so far am striking out. Specs is a specialty liquor store and they don’t appear to carry it.

You probably already thought of this, but their website has a "contact us" button. Maybe you can order directly from the company?

You probably already thought of this, but their website has a "contact us" button. Maybe you can order directly from the company?

Solid suggestion. In fact, I almost sent a contact message earlier, but thought I would try the FFA first. This place is well connected. This may be my next move.

Trying to find it for sale in Houston and so far am striking out. Specs is a specialty liquor store and they don’t appear to carry it.
I appreciate you looking. This ain’t the kind of brew to be in a specialty store. This is pure swill, but it is swill with a deeper meaning.

I appreciate you looking. This ain’t the kind of brew to be in a specialty store. This is pure swill, but it is swill with a deeper meaning.
It looks like they are affiliated with Pabst. Blue Ribbon mad a big comeback a few years ago - maybe this will make a comeback also - although that won’t be of help to you.

It looks like they are affiliated with Pabst. Blue Ribbon mad a big comeback a few years ago - maybe this will make a comeback also - although that won’t be of help to you.
There is a weird history. Pearl was indeed absorbed by the Pabst Brewing company long ago. But the contracted out production to Miller at some point, and of course Miller is now part of Molson-Coors. It is a big beer orgy. I know the Pabst website does not show Pearl as a brand.

Pearl beer was the first beer I got drunk on back in 1983, and we decided to go to take a ride to the store...I was in the backseat and made it about 2 blocks before I projectile puked all over the back of my buddy's sister, who was driving.

Good times.

Pearl beer was the first beer I got drunk on back in 1983, and we decided to go to take a ride to the store...I was in the backseat and made it about 2 blocks before I projectile puked all over the back of my buddy's sister, who was driving.

Good times.
Pearl Light is barely over 2% ABV, Hard to get drunk on that stuff, which explains why I reported upthread that we wiped out several cases of his dad's stash when we would raid it.

Last edited:

Solid suggestion. In fact, I almost sent a contact message earlier, but thought I would try the FFA first. This place is well connected. This may be my next move.
Just sent a message through the website...we'll see if anything comes of it.

Sentimental swill. Just to prove I get you, here’s a photo of me playing a gig a while back. Check the shirt.

Well, no response from Pearl Brewing today. I can't imagine they are that busy ;), but they may not even have anyone monitoring their inbox.

There is a weird history. Pearl was indeed absorbed by the Pabst Brewing company long ago. But the contracted out production to Miller at some point, and of course Miller is now part of Molson-Coors. It is a big beer orgy. I know the Pabst website does not show Pearl as a brand.
Pearl was actually acquired by a corporate raider type guy , who then also bought Pabst and ran everything under the Pabst name. Pabst still exists but contract brews everying, including Pearl. The old Pearl plant in SA is now an urban development mall type thing. My buddies pops was the GM of that plant back when it still made beer.

Well, no response from Pearl Brewing today. I can't imagine they are that busy ;), but they may not even have anyone monitoring their inbox.

I checked a few places in north Fort Worth on my way home today. No luck. Hope you can find it somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread