What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Baseball Wagering Thread *** (1 Viewer)

SF +105

Az +118

Az/Col is an important game for both teams. Colorado is on one hell of a run and that scares me some. Az is putting Webb on the mound. I have to take Webb +118 on general principle right? When else will you see Webb at +118?

SF +105Az +118Az/Col is an important game for both teams. Colorado is on one hell of a run and that scares me some. Az is putting Webb on the mound. I have to take Webb +118 on general principle right? When else will you see Webb at +118?
Just an FYI Arizona is 3-5 in Webbs last 8 starts as a posted underdog.

Took Javy -120 tonight.... :goodposting:

Great game, one of the more fun games I have ever been too. Decent crowd and even a little fireworks show at the end. :confused:

Found a couple of nice prices at 5dimes that I couldn't pass on

World Series Futures:

ARI +4000 2.5u

MIN +2700 2.5u

:boxing:
:pickle: D-Backs are in! NL looks wide open and they draw the least hot of the 4 teams going in. I really like their chances and feel like riding this one out. Will probably hedge if they can win the NL. Any advice on how to play this?

World Series Futures:

ARI +4000 2.5u

MIN +2700 2.5u

:wall:
:confused: D-Backs are in! NL looks wide open and they draw the least hot of the 4 teams going in. I really like their chances and feel like riding this one out. Will probably hedge if they can win the NL. Any advice on how to play this?
Keep it at least til rd 2 if not later than that. I was tough not to combine a +EV future with a -EV hedge although it's tempting. I was in your situation last year holding Dodgers +2500 and let it ride but they didn't get by the Mets.

World Series Futures:

ARI +4000 2.5u

MIN +2700 2.5u

:) D-Backs are in! NL looks wide open and they draw the least hot of the 4 teams going in. I really like their chances and feel like riding this one out. Will probably hedge if they can win the NL. Any advice on how to play this?
Keep it at least til rd 2 if not later than that. I was tough not to combine a +EV future with a -EV hedge although it's tempting. I was in your situation last year holding Dodgers +2500 and let it ride but they didn't get by the Mets.
Yeah, I had LAD +2000 and MIN +2800 last year and loved both 1st round matchups. Neither got out of the first round. :lmao:

World Series Futures:

ARI +4000 2.5u

MIN +2700 2.5u

:lmao: D-Backs are in! NL looks wide open and they draw the least hot of the 4 teams going in. I really like their chances and feel like riding this one out. Will probably hedge if they can win the NL. Any advice on how to play this?
Yeah, I had LAD +2000 and MIN +2800 last year and loved both 1st round matchups. Neither got out of the first round. :mellow:
We have Webb -130 in gm 1. Likely the Snakes win the game, then the series price on the Cubs goes up to something near +200 so that would be the time to hedge in rd 1 if you'd like. Nice cash on the Packers today - I suck. :goodposting:

MarshallPlan said:
Bill Brasky said:
MarshallPlan said:
Bill Brasky said:

World Series Futures:

ARI +4000 2.5u

MIN +2700 2.5u

:lmao:
:lmao: D-Backs are in! NL looks wide open and they draw the least hot of the 4 teams going in. I really like their chances and feel like riding this one out. Will probably hedge if they can win the NL. Any advice on how to play this?
Yeah, I had LAD +2000 and MIN +2800 last year and loved both 1st round matchups. Neither got out of the first round. :lmao:
We have Webb -130 in gm 1. Likely the Snakes win the game, then the series price on the Cubs goes up to something near +200 so that would be the time to hedge in rd 1 if you'd like. Nice cash on the Packers today - I suck. :thumbup:
Thanks. Looks like you made out fine though with ATL & DET so it all worked out for both of us :hifive:

I played Rocks +1' -123 and +133 tonight. Great price for this team. Line is still crashing, I expect the Rocks to close +120, +115 WA. Even bodog is holding -133 on the Pads. Whomever opened this game -155 is nuts.

We'll see, no logical reason to play Peavy to me and that's not good to me because generally I can make a case for both sides. In this do or die game, Fogg may indeed match Peavy and if not the Rocks have 6-7 other pitchers who will be given the chance to match him as well. Rocks staff > Peavy. Bats and home field to the Rocks too, gotta side with the RED HOT home dog here. GL though. :rolleyes:

We'll see, no logical reason to play Peavy to me and that's not good to me because generally I can make a case for both sides. In this do or die game, Fogg may indeed match Peavy and if not the Rocks have 6-7 other pitchers who will be given the chance to match him as well. Rocks staff > Peavy. Bats and home field to the Rocks too, gotta side with the RED HOT home dog here. GL though. :mellow:
Can't say I disagree with your logic on taking the Rocks, but I'm getting the best pitcher, (surely in the NL) maybe in all of baseball, in an elimination game against Josh Fogg. Can the Rocks hitting get to Peavy? If yes, I'm done. If not, I feel pretty good about my bet.

SD/Col O9 -115
:confused: Nice way to end the season. This has been far and away my best season. I kept raising my unit size as I won so remember that when I throw this at you. Based on my original unit size I am up 200 units since the MLB season started. :hot: :cool:

SD/Col O9 -115
:thumbdown: Nice way to end the season. This has been far and away my best season. I kept raising my unit size as I won so remember that when I throw this at you. Based on my original unit size I am up 200 units since the MLB season started. :thanks: :cool:
:thumbup: Although my record was nothing to write home about, I actually made decent money this year on baseball. 6-7 big bets put me in the black.

SD/Col O9 -115
:thumbup: Nice way to end the season. This has been far and away my best season. I kept raising my unit size as I won so remember that when I throw this at you. Based on my original unit size I am up 200 units since the MLB season started. :hot: :cool:
That's really impressive. I flattened out in August and decided I would not throw any more money at baseball during the reg season. You and Beavers were really solid this year, I will try it again next year, gotta figure out what I am doing wrong.Hoping to make a playoff run.

anyone looking at these playoff prices? i guess its almost a toss up. but im biting on 2 of these. maybe 3.

zambrano (+123) vs webb (-133)

lackey (+150) vs beckett (-160)

wang (-115) vs sabathia (+105)

good luck to me, i love playoff baseball

anyone looking at these playoff prices? i guess its almost a toss up. but im biting on 2 of these. maybe 3.

zambrano (+123) vs webb (-133)

lackey (+150) vs beckett (-160)

wang (-115) vs sabathia (+105)

good luck to me, i love playoff baseball
I like Sabathia

Been traveling and not around much

200 units - WOW - Great run this year. I finished up nearly 50 units but did not change the unit size during the season!

Now lets make some more $ in the playoffs......

Been traveling and not around much200 units - WOW - Great run this year. I finished up nearly 50 units but did not change the unit size during the season!Now lets make some more $ in the playoffs......
Yeah, 200 units is unreal...nice work. What's your unit size, prosopis? I had one of the better baseball seasons I've had in awhile as well. Don't know exactly because there was some random golf losses and whatnot in there, but I know it was at least 90 units. 30 of those however, were 2 futures on season win totals.

Bumpity.

Are there any sites that have Team Win Totals up for 2008 yet? What's the easiest (no fee) way to get money on to a grambling site these days? Suggestions? TIA.

Can someone point me to the "dog system" primer. tia
http://roarinsonoran.hypermart.net/cgi-bin...ms/dogsystem.plthe rules are at the bottom

ALSO, IT IS POURING IN CLEVELAND. I have doubts they get this game in.
Thanks to AB's keen eyesight, a bug displaying the streaks was discovered, which has now been corrected. As the "Caveat" link says, this page can go out of whack if my sources change their format, which is what happened in this case. Please let me know if you notice things going loco with the page.Since there's not a full card today (either that, or games have already started and thus don't appear on the page), I wasn't able to test the correction having all teams listed. If someone would be so kind, please take a look at the page tomorrow (Friday) morning and make sure all teams are present and have a streak listed. I'll be out of town Friday, returning Saturday night.
Hey RS, will your dog system page linked above be accurate and ready to go for opening day this year?

Hey RS, will your dog system page linked above be accurate and ready to go for opening day this year?
The Dog System page appears to be in good shape...Thanks a million RS!
Well, it looks ok so far. Since it's based upon pitcher rankings, it'll be missing that piece of data until at least once through the rotations, so I wouldn't lend much weight to it for the first couple of weeks. Tomorrow's BOS/OAK game is listed, but the rankings shown are from LAST YEAR'S end of season. This year's rankings obviously aren't up yet, so I'll link in the new pages as they become available. Hang on to your money, wrt to this page, at least for the time being. A couple years ago when he first mentioned the system, I believe MarshallPlan said he usually waited a month or so before using the system, to allow at least a bit of data to accumulate. Caveat emptor.BTW, howzabout a new wagering thread for a new season?

Users who are viewing this thread