What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** BenJarvus Green-Ellis Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

Choo Choo!BenJarvus Green-Ellis gets his first start this weekend against the Rams.13-65-1 last week in his first substantial action of his career.If this kid gets 20 carries this weekend he will be the Ryan Grant of 2008, the kid is a beast!
Let us further analyze the ridiculousness of the OP...First- since when does a bandwagon go "Choo Choo"??? That's a train buddy, not a wagon.
Perhaps the BJGE bandwagon got stuck on a railroad crossing, and then was hit by a runaway train?

:bag: 1.8 is well deserving of a bandwagon.

Glad I released him at halftime.
You probaly think you're looking real smart but the truth is you're coming off a a complete and utter tool. Just stop posting in here already.
So you want him to stop posting because you went on and on and on about this supposed phenomenon all week that blew up in your face this week?? I'm sure if Ellis goes off next week you'll be the first to bump this.If you can't take the heat, then don't start the post to begin with.... :popcorn:

Instead of trying to toot your own horn, maybe bump Bloom's post (i.e. someone that put in some effort of looking into the guy when no one was). A post that was made in the offseason (vs. some half assed "bandwagon" about a guy you have no clue about hoping he'll somehow salvage your season)

:bag: 1.8 is well deserving of a bandwagon.

You probaly think you're looking real smart but the truth is you're coming off a a complete and utter tool. Just stop posting in here already.
So you want him to stop posting because you went on and on and on about this supposed phenomenon all week that blew up in your face this week?? I'm sure if Ellis goes off next week you'll be the first to bump this.If you can't take the heat, then don't start the post to begin with.... :popcorn:

Instead of trying to toot your own horn, maybe bump Bloom's post (i.e. someone that put in some effort of looking into the guy when no one was). A post that was made in the offseason (vs. some half assed "bandwagon" about a guy you have no clue about hoping he'll somehow salvage your season)
Get some glasses. I never went "on and on about the phenom". Get your facts straight. I wrote 1 time about BJGE, in the original post, not considered "going on and on". On the other hand, the Tool has posted about 30 times his dislike for the player. Get a clue dude.

I can "take the heat" that he didn't turn out great today, big deal, what's the deal with the troll posting 30+ times hating?

:excited: 1.8 is well deserving of a bandwagon.

So you want him to stop posting because you went on and on and on about this supposed phenomenon all week that blew up in your face this week?? I'm sure if Ellis goes off next week you'll be the first to bump this.If you can't take the heat, then don't start the post to begin with.... :)

Get some glasses. I never went "on and on about the phenom". Get your facts straight. I wrote 1 time about BJGE, in the original post, not considered "going on and on". On the other hand, the Tool has posted about 30 times his dislike for the player. Get a clue dude.

I can "take the heat" that he didn't turn out great today, big deal, what's the deal with the troll posting 30+ times hating?
No need to get defensive now (or calling people names). I think we know you, as the thread starter, don't want this thread to go on after the dismal performance today. You made the thread. Whatever happens from there is not for you to say or control. If he posts 1000 times, that's his choice. Just like it was your choice to start a "bandwagon" thread about this guy.

I believe that BJGE was told to Faulk off..........so glad I grabbed Faulk while everyone else fought over BJGE
:thumbup: Made for a real nice bye week replacement.
Yeah it was a good fill in for me as well but to gloat to much is not cool I have been saying that all week as well but hey BJGE COULD COME BACK NEXT WEEK AND HAVE A GOOD WEEK. I know this for sure Faulk will be a big part of the game plan as I predicted.

:goodposting: 1.8 is well deserving of a bandwagon. Glad I released him at halftime.
No, that's you. :bag:You are going overboard because a guy dropped a hyped up player that squeezed out 16 yards and 1TD? I think that's perfectly reasonable. The reason you aren't, well we know why.

I'm in the vast minority but I see the Rams winning this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they blow out the Pats either. The Rams have been a COMPLETELY different team under Haslett. You can see the offense starting to gel (see all the waiver wire recommendations for Donnie Avery) and the defense has been making plays (7 sacks, 7 turnovers, 17 points and 14 allowed against the Redskins and Cowboys) under Haslett. Yes, the Cowboys lost Romo but they still had everyone else on offense. If the Rams can dominate a Cowboys team that currently has more talent on offense than the Pats, why can't they do the same against the Pats? On the Pats' side, they're down to Cassel and the 4th string practice squad RB no one had ever heard of until this week. I'd roll with the Rams D for a sneaky play and look for 3-5 sacks and a couple of turnovers this week.
Again I'm in the minority here but I see things the other way around. Assuming SJax plays, I see the Rams putting up a lot of points and controlling the clock, with the Pats struggling to keep up and turning the ball over. In other words, a repeat of the Rams-Cowboys game.If you want to bet on a rookie breaking out in this game, I'd go with Donnie Avery.
I'd rather start Bulger when they play their NFC West divisional games, but if you also think the Rams can win or at least be competitive in this game, sure why not? The Pats' secondary can be exploited, especially if their gameplan is to shut down SJax. The guy I really like this week is Donnie Avery.
Good win for the Pats. It seems like they're catching a lot of breaks, the latest being SJax missing today's game. To the Pats' credit, they're taking full advantage of the situation like any good team should.As the lone voice defending the Rams in this thread, let's see how right/wrong I was:1. Rams winning: I assumed SJax would play and while the Pats won, the game ended up much closer than what most people expected. WRONG2. Rams D with 3-5 sacks and a couple of turnovers: 3 sacks, 2 INT vs Pats3. Donnie Avery breaking out this game: Avery 6 for 163 yds and 1 TD4. Bulger sneaky start (Mookie Blaylock): 301 yds passing, 1 TD, 1 INTStarting Rams players this week (other than Holt) would've been good plays.

I traded Green-Ellis for a 2009 1st rd rookie pick just before kickoff today.
akin to knocking down an old lady and stealing her purse. Not really worthy of touting.Good job though. Every league has losers. You feasted on one.
Actually, he isn't a loser. He's sitting at 5-2 and does a good job in this league. He just happens to have Sammy Morris and is going for it this year.He also has Barber, Felix Jones, MJD, DeAngelo Williams, Colston, Avery, Holmes, Berrian, TB Def, and Derek Anderson. So he does do a good job in this league. I admire someone who is willing to roll the dice, even if it doesn't turn out well. Having said that, I just had to sell high.

Last edited by a moderator:
i started him ahead of both Turner and Jacobs, he scored more points than both. Guess he did his job, unfortunately the rest of my team didn't

How did he look? I know his stats aren't too great (especially without the TD). But did he look lost? Etc? (Try to be unbiased)

:lmao: 1.8 is well deserving of a bandwagon.

So you want him to stop posting because you went on and on and on about this supposed phenomenon all week that blew up in your face this week?? I'm sure if Ellis goes off next week you'll be the first to bump this.If you can't take the heat, then don't start the post to begin with.... :shrug:

No need to get defensive now (or calling people names). I think we know you, as the thread starter, don't want this thread to go on after the dismal performance today. You made the thread. Whatever happens from there is not for you to say or control. If he posts 1000 times, that's his choice. Just like it was your choice to start a "bandwagon" thread about this guy.
:goodposting: You start a bandwagon thread and then when it blows up in your face you're all :kicksrock:

You hyped him up more than anyone else could hype up a player! Called him the next Ryan Grant. That's a pretty bold claim. Ryan Grant rushed for the 2nd most yards in the second half of 2007.

If you can't take the heat for making such a ridiculous claim, and having it blow up in your face, then don't make a bandwagon post about it. Maybe next time make a post titled "BenJarvus Green-Ellis, sneaky week 8 play". That's more reasonable than a fricken bandwagon thread :lmao:

And chachi- name calling, aka flaming, another user is against rules here. Talk to Chickenwang about that one...

:lmao: 1.8 is well deserving of a bandwagon.

No, that's you. :) You are going overboard because a guy dropped a hyped up player that squeezed out 16 yards and 1TD? I think that's perfectly reasonable. The reason you aren't, well we know why.
:goodposting: :thumbup: Spot on, spot on

How did he look? I know his stats aren't too great (especially without the TD). But did he look lost? Etc? (Try to be unbiased)
He got stuffed on many short yardage situations (3rd and 1, 4th and 1). His TD was a 1 yard run. NE didn't give him the ball in the second half because he was just so ineffective. He didn't look like a good NFL RB. I would expect him running the scout team next week

ok, which one of you dudes said he wouldn't start because of the depth chart?come eat your crow.
LOL desperate to prove me wrong in some kind of aspect hey? I see Green-Ellis got the first carry of the game, but I believe Kevin Faulk was in the backfield for the very first play (a pass), which would make him the starter. If this is untrue then I will gladly admit that he "started" and that I was technically wrong. However I also said (I don't feel like looking back for it) that Faulk would get 15 carries and Green-Ellis 8. I can find it if you don't believe me. However, Faulk had 13, Green-Ellis 9. Pretty damn close. Regardless of if I'm technically wrong or not, I was correct that this guy is hardly the next Ryan Grant from 2007, and I was dead on for my prediction of carries for each player. I think that out-weighs who was in the backfield for the first play of the game...

LOL desperate to prove me wrong in some kind of aspect hey?

I see Green-Ellis got the first carry of the game, but I believe Kevin Faulk was in the backfield for the very first play (a pass), which would make him the starter. If this is untrue then I will gladly admit that he "started" and that I was technically wrong.
According to the official NFL.com gamebook, the Pats opened in a 2-TE set, without Faulk. So there you go.

Chachi said:
Hoss_Cartwright said:
That's awesome, last night I traded BJGE for 2 4th round rookie picks in my IDP league, I tried to get a 2nd and he didn't bite.
That's awesome, you started this thread hyping up an unproven player so that you could dump this potentially worthless player for as much as you could get before the game started. The next time I see you hyping up another unproven player, I'll remember your actions from this BJGE thread.

Chachi said:
Hoss_Cartwright said:
That's awesome, last night I traded BJGE for 2 4th round rookie picks in my IDP league, I tried to get a 2nd and he didn't bite.
That's awesome, you started this thread hyping up an unproven player so that you could dump this potentially worthless player for as much as you could get before the game started. The next time I see you hyping up another unproven player, I'll remember your actions from this BJGE thread.
Actually the owner I traded him too doesn't visit fantasy forums such as FBG so he would have no way of knowing about this thread. I don't think BJGE is worthless, I made a trade where I weighed the pluses and minuses and decided to make the deal that was offered to me based on what I would think is best for my team. If I were to have made a guess what BJGE would have done this week I would have said 120/1. Not everything is done with malice, I second guessed my trade and thought BJGE would have had a much better game than he did.

-baller said:
yeah, maybe he's the '08 ryan grant.
:goodposting:
[scooter] said:
According to the official NFL.com gamebook, the Pats opened in a 2-TE set, without Faulk. So there you go.
Nice. Well then no RB started :lol: too funny
Chachi said:
Hoss_Cartwright said:
:goodposting: :rolleyes:

Shouldn't be too hard to forget a name like that...

[scooter] said:
Nice. Well then no RB started :moneybag: too funny
Are you too lazy to click the link, or too ignorant to realize that a team can start 2 tight-ends AND a runningback?
WR 83 W.Welker

LT 72 M.Light

LG 70 L.Mankins

C 67 D.Koppen

RG 74 B.Yates

RT 64 M.LeVoir

TE 84 B.Watson

WR 81 R.Moss

QB 16 M.Cassel

RB 42 B.Green-Ellis

TE 86 D.Thomas

I started him and he got me the win with nobody else to fill the spot..... What do think his outlook is for next year? I am in a keeper auction league and Fifty cent running backs are hard to come by.....

Sammy morris is Getting older, it sounds like Maroney has a few more problems than the reported injury.

Thoughts?

I started him and he got me the win with nobody else to fill the spot..... What do think his outlook is for next year? I am in a keeper auction league and Fifty cent running backs are hard to come by..... Sammy morris is Getting older, it sounds like Maroney has a few more problems than the reported injury.Thoughts?
Not a keeper, IMO. I don't thinnk he's the answer, other than to the question of name a healthy NE RB. Morris is not young, but Jordan still has some miles left. I wouldn't be surprised to see NE dip into the RB market in the draft. Maroney? Doesn't look good, although DY continues to comment on his relatively low cost to stay on the roster.

I started him and he got me the win with nobody else to fill the spot..... What do think his outlook is for next year? I am in a keeper auction league and Fifty cent running backs are hard to come by..... Sammy morris is Getting older, it sounds like Maroney has a few more problems than the reported injury.Thoughts?
Not a keeper, IMO. I don't thinnk he's the answer, other than to the question of name a healthy NE RB. Morris is not young, but Jordan still has some miles left. I wouldn't be surprised to see NE dip into the RB market in the draft. Maroney? Doesn't look good, although DY continues to comment on his relatively low cost to stay on the roster.
after the end of last year I thought it was a slamdunk that maroney would stick at his price, but that dude just has too many issues.I wasn't high on him at all going into '07, but I felt he would be pretty solid in '08.now, I think he's pretty close to done.people kept making excuses for chad jackson, too, but there comes a point where the bandwagon just grinds to a halt.either jordan somehow stays healthy and runs w/this job like tatum w/an overnight bag, or the pats hunt around in draft or fa for another back.maybe maroney sticks as a 10 touch back-up, but I'd guess that's about it.

In the other NE RB thread I noted that Maroney had other physical issues and some non health related issue(s), so I'm reserving the right to change my opinion on his return next year.I doubt Jordan is a long term solution either. He'll be 30 next week. Almost halfway through the season he's only produced 105 yards from scrimmage and 0 TD. Not exactly steallar numbers.Morris will be 32 in the offseason. There aren't many stud RBs at that age. Faulk is also 32. I'm not sure they have a heavy workload back on their roster. I would guess they will address this in the offseason.

:thumbup: Is this wagon rolling this week?????
stuck in the mud.maybe have to transfer to lamont jordan bandwagon.
People should not hitch themselves to any Pats RB this year.
:thumbup:from the man you've all come to love and admire...Side note: With 8:05 left it's interesting- BJ has the same yardage on 4 more carries than Faulk. BJs numbers are looking a lot better this week, but does this mean Kevin Faulk gets his own bandwagon? He's got a better average, has better hands, yet no one is proclaiming him the next Ryan Grant4 ypc so far. A big upgrade over his 1.3 last week. However, I don't think he's really wow-ing anyone to the point where he'd be the #1 ball carrier once Jordan is healthy. Decent fill in for bye weeks/injuries this week though.

Side note: With 8:05 left it's interesting- BJ has the same yardage on 4 more carries than Faulk. BJs numbers are looking a lot better this week, but does this mean Kevin Faulk gets his own bandwagon? He's got a better average, has better hands, yet no one is proclaiming him the next Ryan Grant
maybe because faulk is 32 and has had the same role in the Pats offense for many years. He is never going to carry 20 times a game and hold up, plus those 3rd and long draw plays really help the ypc. BJGE may not be the answer, but a rookie RB at least might have a chance to become a real starter.

He looked decent today for sure. Doesn't break 20+ yard runs, but did have a few 10+ yarders. Consistent with 3-4 yards each time and runs hard every time he gets the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread