What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Big Brother 16 (1 Viewer)

Cody doesn't even deserve the $50K with that move. Wow.
I give him credit for being loyal but the smart move was Victoria. I'm not sure though anymore after the jury interview with Dr. Will. Cody may have a chance. Derrick is going to have to sell his game play in a very short speech.

Jacosta has to be almost as stupid as Victoria. "I would vote for Victoria because she was stupid and that was very smart." Say what?
i feel like that interview was more to make it more dramatic and seem as if it wouldnt be a blowout

Cody doesn't even deserve the $50K with that move. Wow.
I give him credit for being loyal but the smart move was Victoria. I'm not sure though anymore after the jury interview with Dr. Will. Cody may have a chance. Derrick is going to have to sell his game play in a very short speech.

Jacosta has to be almost as stupid as Victoria. "I would vote for Victoria because she was stupid and that was very smart." Say what?
i feel like that interview was more to make it more dramatic and seem as if it wouldnt be a blowout
Same here. I think Cody could get Jocasta's vote, maybe Caleb, but then I have a hard time coming up with votes for him. I could be wrong. Of course we all watching see the moves and comps Derrick occasionally threw to keep from having to get blood on his hands. In my mind Derrick deserves to win and it's not that close but my thinking on the votes could be skewed because of my own opinion.

I don't think Derrick's blowing smoke that he was going to take Cody to final 2.
no way he would have taken him. i think hes totally BSing.
The way he's been talking to Vic since winning the 2nd leg of the comp, you can never tell for sure, but it really sounded like he wasn't planning on taking her. Plus all the guys made a pact early on that they'd all vote for Vic to win if she made final 2 (can't remember if that made the TV show, or if the jury planned to keep that up).

Good for Donny.

Has to be a blow to Frankie's ego (and his one million followers) for him not to finish in the top 3.

Worst season ever, capped by the most idiotic decision ever. I'm a #######, I'll give Derrick 500K. Cody will be ridiculed for the rest of his life. What a ####### idiot!

I hate that 450,000 is decided by "how many seconds did blah blah blah take"?
Well they both had several opportunities to end the comp before it came to that. I hate that they had to make guesses to win in the first place. No skill in round three at all.

I hate that 450,000 is decided by "how many seconds did blah blah blah take"?
Well they both had several opportunities to end the comp before it came to that. I hate that they had to make guesses to win in the first place. No skill in round three at all.
you get what I mean. The winner hit 5 of 9 in that last comp and the loser hit 4. You might as well flip a coin. No skill there in round 3.

TenTimes said:
PinkydaPimp said:
TenTimes said:
I don't think Derrick's blowing smoke that he was going to take Cody to final 2.
no way he would have taken him. i think hes totally BSing.
The way he's been talking to Vic since winning the 2nd leg of the comp, you can never tell for sure, but it really sounded like he wasn't planning on taking her. Plus all the guys made a pact early on that they'd all vote for Vic to win if she made final 2 (can't remember if that made the TV show, or if the jury planned to keep that up).
I don't know...Derrick was straight business. I think if he genuinely thought that Cody could've beat him in a vote, he wouldn't have taken him. I think he probably had a pretty good guess as to how the votes would go. Ultimately, if he KNEW Cody would take him to the final 2, it might have worked out best for him to let Cody win and take him. He would've alienated Victoria if he was the one to let her go, and likewise Cody. Not saying that was his strategy, but I don't think Derrick would've ever played loyalty over the money...and I see zero wrong with that in a game like BB.

He was impressive. He may not have been the greatest of all time, but he's in the conversation, and I think you can definately say that there has never been a player with a plan who has executed his plan nearly flawlessly without getting much blood on his hands or ever being on the block. Dan was great at improvisation...Derrick just executed.

EYLive said:
RBM said:
:lmao: Frankie front and center thinking he had Americas fav locked up.
I'm glad we don't ever have to see that dumbas attention whore ever again.
Yes
I wanted to kick him in the head so many times. He just always ran right up front and center and started jumping around like a little a##. Everybody else is standing nicely and applauding...Frankie is dancing around.

The wife just looked at him and said, "Ugh...put some pants on."

And Jocasta - I think she got crazier as the show went on...Seriously? Why did she think Derrick was "fake praying?"

Patrick Bateman said:
Worst season ever, capped by the most idiotic decision ever. I'm a #######, I'll give Derrick 500K. Cody will be ridiculed for the rest of his life. What a ####### idiot!
Cody's decision is pretty similar to Ivette's in Season 6. She also pretty much threw away 450K by taking Maggie instead of Janelle, even though she had a clear advantage of 4 of her alliance members on the jury.

But that said, Cody's decision is even dumber, since it wasn't guaranteed that Ivette would win. It WAS pretty much guaranteed that Cody would win against Victoria.

I don't get how Cody couldn't have figured that out.

I agree, this was the worst season ever. BB needs to get the twists out of the game. The two HOH thing was really bad this season.

I don't know...Derrick was straight business. I think if he genuinely thought that Cody could've beat him in a vote, he wouldn't have taken him. I think he probably had a pretty good guess as to how the votes would go. Ultimately, if he KNEW Cody would take him to the final 2, it might have worked out best for him to let Cody win and take him. He would've alienated Victoria if he was the one to let her go, and likewise Cody. Not saying that was his strategy, but I don't think Derrick would've ever played loyalty over the money...and I see zero wrong with that in a game like BB.

He was impressive. He may not have been the greatest of all time, but he's in the conversation, and I think you can definately say that there has never been a player with a plan who has executed his plan nearly flawlessly without getting much blood on his hands or ever being on the block. Dan was great at improvisation...Derrick just executed.
Some of us in the spoilers thought Derrick was planning to throw the final part of the HOH comp. That seems unfathomable when you think about it, but he was that sure of how tight he and Cody were. It's hard to tell if Derrick is throwing a comp that is basically a guessing game so I went back and re-watched some stuff from last night. The timing for that last question is weird.

During the first leg of the comp, Derrick was pretty sure they were right around an hour, and then waited a little while longer, then jumped. When it replayed on the TV show last night, the last update said the elapsed time was 1 hour 14 minutes (4440 seconds), then Derrick jumped off a little later. The final tie breaker asked how long part 1 was from starting horn to when Cody won, and the answer Julie gave was 3671 seconds. I'm more curious how the answer was 3671 rather than 4440+, don't know whether Derrick tried to throw it or not.

ok so now that its over, what stuff did those of us who dont watch the feeds miss?
The main thing is that Cody knew he was going to lose to Derrick at jury votes (he counted them in his head while part 2 of final HOH was going on and knew he was only getting Jocasta, Donny, and Christine (wrong about Christine but it didn't matter)), but he took Derrick anyway.

It was a $450k mistake (potentially, I'm not sure Vic wouldn't have beaten Cody at F2), but the mistake was Cody's pride or vanity or whatever, not a fault in strategy. He knew he was giving Derrick the win. His decision wasn't based on money. I doubt Cody loses a second of sleep over possibly costing himself $450k.

ok so now that its over, what stuff did those of us who dont watch the feeds miss?
The main thing is that Cody knew he was going to lose to Derrick at jury votes (he counted them in his head while part 2 of final HOH was going on and knew he was only getting Jocasta, Donny, and Christine (wrong about Christine but it didn't matter)), but he took Derrick anyway.

It was a $450k mistake (potentially, I'm not sure Vic wouldn't have beaten Cody at F2), but the mistake was Cody's pride or vanity or whatever, not a fault in strategy. He knew he was giving Derrick the win. His decision wasn't based on money. I doubt Cody loses a second of sleep over possibly costing himself $450k.
Any chance they had a split agreed on?

I feel like they probably strongly discourage this, likely via legal language in a contract the players sign...

No idea. He may have agreed to give a little to Vic. He wouldn't say much more than this to Vic when she was pleading with him to take her to F2

I care about you, that's all you need to know. I know your situation, I got your back.
So take from that what you will.

Cody's got a lot going on. He's very well networked, his looks alone are going to take him far, he's got a connection with this guy raking in cash running soccer training camps, This prize money is going to go MUCH further for Derrick (who makes under $50k/year doing what he does, so he says), and Cody knows it.

This will probably go down as the worst decision in BB history, don't think Cody cares one bit, he did what he thought was right, and would do it again. He played a better game than he's going to get credit for, but that's okay.

I feel like they probably strongly discourage this, likely via legal language in a contract the players sign...
I bet you're probably right.

I think Caleb mentioned in passing that the four of them (Caleb, Cody, Frankie and Derrick) had agreed that they would all vote for Victoria if someone carried her to the final two. If that is true, Cody's decision isnt as dumb as it appears.

Just goes to show exactly how good Derrick was playing that Cody actually thought he had a shot against him in the finals.He clearly was misted by Derrick and bought into everything he said and thus got 50k for his actions.

Donny still holding the grudge in jury was classic but based upon the way he played it totally made sense.He voted for the better comp player and not the best overall player and that clearly was Derrick.

I didn't think there was any way Derrick was gonna lose unless Cody took Victoria but based upon the way Cody played the entire season he didn't have the guts to cut his right hand man when it mattered the most and it cost him 450k.

Impressive win by Derrick in what was a horrendous season.Maybe they will stop trying to throw all these twists into the season and just let the game speak for itself?Nah,not a chance lol

I bet you're probably right.
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood

I think Caleb mentioned in passing that the four of them (Caleb, Cody, Frankie and Derrick) had agreed that they would all vote for Victoria if someone carried her to the final two. If that is true, Cody's decision isnt as dumb as it appears.
Cody/Derrick talked to each other about this a couple nights ago. We'll never know if the guys would have gone through with it, but it might have influenced their decisions?

Just goes to show exactly how good Derrick was playing that Cody actually thought he had a shot against him in the finals.He clearly was misted by Derrick and bought into everything he said and thus got 50k for his actions.

Donny still holding the grudge in jury was classic but based upon the way he played it totally made sense.He voted for the better comp player and not the best overall player and that clearly was Derrick.

I didn't think there was any way Derrick was gonna lose unless Cody took Victoria but based upon the way Cody played the entire season he didn't have the guts to cut his right hand man when it mattered the most and it cost him 450k.

Impressive win by Derrick in what was a horrendous season.Maybe they will stop trying to throw all these twists into the season and just let the game speak for itself?Nah,not a chance lol
Am I the only one who likes the twists? I thougth initially that this season's twist would encourage people to put up the weaker players earlier, but that didn't really play out that way. I like the twists though. It keeps things interesting, and keeps people from just zero-ing in on one strategy. It makes people adjust their game on short notice.

I do REALLY miss Pandora's box though...

Cody knew he didn't have the votes against Derrick. "Not looking good" he kept saying when counting up the votes in his head.

Am I the only one who likes the twists? I thougth initially that this season's twist would encourage people to put up the weaker players earlier, but that didn't really play out that way. I like the twists though. It keeps things interesting, and keeps people from just zero-ing in on one strategy. It makes people adjust their game on short notice.

I do REALLY miss Pandora's box though...
I think with the right cast this twist would have been great,sadly the cast was pretty weak and thus the season went very predictably with very few(if any)big game moves.

Cody knew he didn't have the votes against Derrick. "Not looking good" he kept saying when counting up the votes in his head.
I don't know how he couldn't have known so again he was just playing for second place which might be even worse.

EYLive said:
RBM said:
:lmao: Frankie front and center thinking he had Americas fav locked up.
I'm glad we don't ever have to see that dumbas attention whore ever again.
Did you catch the commercial for Chenbots tv show the talk that had Frankie as one of the guests?

Shocked I tell ya :lmao:

I don't know how he couldn't have known so again he was just playing for second place which might be even worse.
I think that's the case, and is this season in a nutshell. There weren't many people in this house who were more concerned with winning than looking good. Hayden could have been a threat, but Derrick saw that and took him out quick. He systematically removed the biggest threats before they could really provide any kind of drama. He got a little lucky with how easily he convinced Caleb to evict Frankie, but at the same time, that's why it was Caleb in the final 5 and not Hayden/Donny/anybody who wasn't afraid to make a move against Derrick. This season was as boring as Derrick wanted it to be, if that makes sense.

I don't remember a season where so many comps where thrown, not just by one player but by basically the whole house.

Was it additional punishment that they made Amber wear the banana suit?

It was quite obvious that Donny holds a personal grudge against Derrick. Really resents him/

It was quite obvious that Donny holds a personal grudge against Derrick. Really resents him/
Definitely. Donny wasn't going to be Derrick's puppet, Derrick didn't like that much.

I'll always remember this season not only for Derrick's dominant social play but Cody's boneheaded decision. If you don't cut Derrick there and take Victoria, why are you playing the game? I don't think Victoria would have won, but even if he thought there was a chance, he surely had to know Derrick had the better shot against him. And seeing the finale last night, I'm really gonna miss Brittany.

From Derrick's final interview with Jeff

1) Cody would have lost if he took Victoria to final 2

2) He would not have taken Victoria to final 2

I'm not a Cody apologist or anything, but I don't think he was ever getting better than 2nd unless he took Caleb or Frankie to final 2.

Cody being in shock the jury called him a puppet said it all for me.
This is a key point when we consider why Cody took Derrick. He, like many people, are not very self aware. He thought he played a great game and was at least equal to Derrick, if not superior.

Derrick, however, was extremely self-aware and perceptive, which made him a mismatch for a house that had so many people who were largely not very self-aware.

Users who are viewing this thread