What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official CFB NCG Thread: Ohio wins; Joe T shamed once again*** (1 Viewer)

That 3rd down pass clearly illustrates why Winston > Mariota.
I can't believe anyone thinks Mariotta is going to be better at the next level. But they are out there.
Agreed. It's not even close in terms of skill. TB would be smart to draft Winston. Mariotta is a product of this gimmicky offense.
A gimmick offense that has had success in the NFL?
It's not the same offense.
No offense, but last I checked, the Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl under Kelly and didn't even make the playoffs this year.ETA - I agree Jurb but was replying to Sporthenry and quoted your post by accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe anyone thinks Mariotta is going to be better at the next level. But they are out there.
Agreed. It's not even close in terms of skill. TB would be smart to draft Winston. Mariotta is a product of this gimmicky offense.
No offense, but last I checked, the Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl under Kelly and didn't even make the playoffs this year.
:confused:

No offense, but last I checked, the Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl under Kelly and didn't even make the playoffs this year.
:confused:
I agree with you, accidentally copied your post when replying to Sporthenry.

They could get away with these mistakes against most of their ACC opponents, but not against Oregon. Jameis playing great though, but FSU can no longer stop Oregon on defense.

It'a over for FSU...they did it to themselves. 2 short FGs, turnover on downs at the1, 2 drive killing fumbles by Cook, missed FG...

No offense, but last I checked, the Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl under Kelly and didn't even make the playoffs this year.ETA - I agree Jurb but was replying to Sporthenry and quoted your post by accident.
And 25 NFL offenses didn't make the playoffs either. And what is gimmicky about it? The read option, which the Seahawks and 49ers have used to success? The quick pace which the Eagles have used to success (top 5 offense with Mark Sanchez half of this year)?

I have no doubt that things would change but I'm not sure what is that gimmicky about their offense.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: This always cracks me up. Gimmicky, how exactly? The offense is brilliant, all the way around.

I'd love to see Oregon steamroll Bama.

I actually kinda like OSU tonight, but I'm feeling pretty confident in this Oregon team against Bama.

Might I remind everyone of the last 2 pro-ready FSU first rounders (if we are dogging the Oregon QBs)...

Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: This always cracks me up. Gimmicky, how exactly? The offense is brilliant, all the way around.
You really think this would work in the NFL? Honest question, not being smart.

Might I remind everyone of the last 2 pro-ready FSU first rounders (if we are dogging the Oregon QBs)...

Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel
Neither of those guys won a Heisman trophy or 29 straight games either. Big difference between Winston and those two.

Ponder was the butt of the joke from the opening gun, that was a horrible pick. Manuel is still Incomplete

This is college. HTH.

This is college. HTH.
Seriously, I couldn't give a #### about the NFL. All that matters is how they perform at this level.

This is college. HTH.
Sorry, not following GB. My point which I didn't articulate well is that I do not think Mariotta is going to be successful in the NFL. He's fine at the college level in this type of offense. I don't think this offense works in the NFL either and disagree with the comparisons to the Eagles, Seahawks, and Niners.

Who is getting drafted first between these two? What's the projection looking like? Tons of teams need QB help.

Users who are viewing this thread