What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Champion thread (1 Viewer)

YESSSSS! My 2nd championship in 3 years (runner-up last year)!!! It feels great to be the one catching all the breaks!!

Lawrence Maroney carries me to the championship (unbelievable).

:) :goodposting:

On the back of A Boldin, K Curtis, M Lynch, and D Clark, I just won for the 5th time in the 9 year history of my main league. Call my team the Niners, I guess.

1st year of 16 team IDP dynasty league.

Ran the table

15-0

Won my championship game despite no TD from any RB/WR/TE (AP, JLewis, Holt, Jennings,Chad, Gonzo)

Still good for 2nd highest pts this week.

;)

:lol:

I won my longtime money league on the last complete pass from Cutler to Marshall. Got one point for Marshall (PPR) and one for Cutler (over 150) and won by two. Would have lost the tiebreaker. Just finished watching the game on DVR. My hands are shaking. Still can't beleive it. I need a life!

Won with Garrard, LT, J. Lewis, T.O., B. Marshall, Gates, Gould and Seattle. Been working on this for a while so glad to win title #2!

Won 2 of the 3 leagues I'm in (12-year keeper, zealots specialty dynasty), the league I didn't win in (another Zealots - standard IDP dynasty), I was runner-up last year and had LJ and McAllister as my top 2 RBs.

Did it with stud RBs in the keeper league: LT (traded SJax and K Jones for him - and beat the guy that traded him to me in the Championship), Gore, MJD

Did it with stud WRs in the dynasty where we start 6: Evans, S Smith, Bowe, Ginn (get return yards), Reg Williams, Roddy White (and also had Harrison injured all year).

Had QBBC in both - the league I didn't even make the playoffs in was the league I have Peyton Manning in (and also Derek Anderson - best FA acquisition I've ever had in a dynasty league).

we tied 74 to 74. the first tiebreaker is decimal scoring. with this I win 81.3 to 79. 25 :lmao: :cry: :) :clap: . but this guy has Curtis and will protest the win because HE thinks he should get credit for the fumbled recovery TD. but our rules clearly states we only give 6 PTs for passing, rushing and rec TDs.
my opponent is OK with our league not giving credit for TD like the Curtis one. so we tied and I won off the first tie breaker. anyone ever have the championship game have to be decided by a tiebreaker?

First championship here! Actually, won both a work league and another league (both redrafts). Down by 54 going into the Monday night game (had both LT and SD defense). Basically, I needed LT to have a 30 pt game (100+ yds and 2 TDs with a few receptions) and the defense to have a few sacks and turnovers with minimal yardage given up). Needless to say, I wasn't feeling that great about my chances. But, my defense got 33 points and LT got 24. My opponent got very hot/lucky toward the end of the 1 PM games:

- westbrook's 6 pt bonus at his 100 yds-- he had exactly 100 yds.

- andre johnson's td catch within the last minute or so.

- NYG's 2 defensive TD's in the 4th quarter.

Down 54, I didn't expect to win unless everything worked out in my favor. Denver's last possession, Cutler threw the ball. If Denver catches it, I lose because my defense gives up too many yards and I lose by 3 points. Instead, san diego intercepts sending me my first championship win ever! it was a thing of beauty. I sat both Steve Smith and Cotchery for Anthony Gonzales / Housh. Granted, I would not have benched Housh but have been waiting for Smith's game all year long. When he delivers, I benched him.

But hey, great win and I'm looking forward to naming the league for next year. And yes, the extra cash around the holidays is sweet!

ETA my roster:

Ben

LT

MJD

A. Gonzales

Housh

Owen Daniels

Folk

SD defense

Stud performances on bench:

Steve Smith

Jericho c.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whooohooo!!!! 2 years in a row!!! Here's to keeping Freddy T on my bench all year ( cause I knew he was going to be playing Oakland )... and starting him for the win!!!!

Ne Ne ne needed the money!!

Back-to-back championship winner here in the 2nd year of my league's existence. Won last year 130-82 as the #4 seed with SJax being the main horse. This year went in as the #1 seed and made that game look like a squeaker by winning the title game by a score of 156.5-77. We start 9 of the 16 roster slots each week leaving only 7 on the bench, and my 7 bench warmers for the championship outscored his 9 starters by a score of 110-77.

My starting lineup this year:

QB - Big Ben

RB1 - Steven Jackson

RB2 - Brandon Jacobs

WR1 - Braylon Edwards

WR2 - T.J. Houshmanzadeh

Flex - Chad Johnson

TE - Jason Witten

K - Nick Folk

D/ST - San Diego

His starting lineup:

QB - Brett Favre

RB1 - Brian Westbrook

RB2 - Kevin Jones

WR1 - Andre Johnson

WR2 - Torry Holt

Flex - Brandon Marshall

TE - Heath Miller

K - Shayne Graham

D/ST - Minnesota Vikings

Thanks, FootballGuys! :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
4th year in a very competitive league, have been in the playoffs all 4 years, lost in the superbowl once, and this year finally won it...Had a great squad though:

Favre

LT2

Portis

Fitz

B. Edwards

B. Marshall

Cooley

I beat Peyton Manning/Earnest Graham/Ryan Grant/Colston/A.Johnson/C.Johnson/Witten in a close one this week.

Bulger was drafted as my starting QB this year, which lasted about 3 weeks, and Favre as my 11th round pick ended up carrying my team, especially when LT2 was having a slow start to the season. Picked up Marshall off the WW like week 2 or 3 (we get limited WW moves in this league) so he was a huge flex player for me all season, and Portis was huge for me as my RB2 (especially this week!!) I ended up trading J. Lewis for Cooley in week 11 or 12, and that single move brought me to the playoffs cause my other TE (Heap) was killing me all season long.

Thanks FBGUYS!!! It feels so good to have won the big game..I know there is definitely some luck involved, but I think the draft dominator helped a bunch, and all the great info all season long!!

Thank You Patrick Willis :thumbup: Survived subpar performances by Romo, Gates, and ADP thanks to my D stepping up big time. :goodposting:

It was my lowest-money league, but a championship is still a championship.

QB: Big Ben

RB/Flex: 3 of Gore, Portis, Grant, Graham

WR: Wayne, Calvin Johnson

TE: Cooley

K: Folk

D: NE

The difference in the championship game was that Big Ben had 23 and Favre had -1.

The difference in the season was picking up Grant and Graham off waivers. Made up for picking Brandon Jackson in the 5th round.

FINALLY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 7 year league and A.Boldin and LT2 on Monday night led me to a championship victory for the first time!!!

Thank You Footballguys!!!

Won with Brady; Portis, Bush, and Grant (who was huge once Bush went down); Wayne, Boldin, and Jennings; Miller.

Won easily in the Championship game, but had to work hard to get to playoff. A. Stecker played hard for my team in the playoffs, just like R. Dayne did last year. A tough year, lost Larry Johnson, Roy Williams, L. Coles, also D. McAllister, D. Ward in IR. I was lucky to have a very deep team.

Won 2 of 3 leagues. :goodposting:

My best team was in the league that I didn't win.

Peyton Manning

Adrian Peterson / Taylor

Travis Henry / Young

Terrell Owens

Anquan Boldin

Braylon Edwards

Antonio Gates

This team got bounced week 14.

1st time winning this league, IDP.

Favre

LT

K Jones

R Wayne

TO

Reggie Brown

Suisham

J Haye

P Willis

K Rhodes

Jax Def

1. Won Last Minute Diehards League

2. In Phenoms Epsilon 70 League, lost in semis by .18. Would have won the championship this week.

3. Local league, lost in the semis.

5th Superbowl, 2nd championship. Not bad for a team that started 0-3, then 1-4. Nice run at the end of the season to end up the third highest scoring team in the league and th 5th seed. The last time I won the whole thing was the year I got married (2002). This year (2007) my triplets were born. Its been a great year!

First championship, third year. Ten team league. Short benches so there's a lot of turnover on the WW.

Keys to victory:

1/ Drafted Brady in the third round. Don't laugh, I had him ranked #2 at QB. I have been expecting a Brady blowup for years, NE has always been great out of the shotgun.

2/ Our league had crazy bonuses for WRs/TEs going over 100 yards. I didn't catch on. I went RB-RB-QB in the draft. NONE of my drafted WRs/TEs were on my team by season's end. But I got big weeks at different times from WW pickups Witten, Evans, White, Curtis and Engram. The teams with "superstar" WRs were leading the league early but flopping in December.

3/ We use IDPs and honestly, I play IDP maybe better than anyone else in my league. I jumped on Willis and Harris early, Willis won me two weeks by himself.

4/ Used the WW well. Other owners dropped MJD and SJax early on. I got valuable points out of MJD midseason; dropped him for SJax who has been my horse to close the season out.

Three worst moves - wish I'd picked up Welker while he was still available; stuck with Santana Moss WAY too long; picked up Brees for only ONE game, Brady's bye, and Brees sucked that week.

Other than that... I'm lovin' it.

12 team Keeper league where I started the season 1-5 but somehow by a miracle won 6 of my last 8 and won my division with a 7-7 record and then went on to win my 2nd championship in 3 years!! Here was my team in a start 1 QB/2 RBs/2 WRs/1 Flex/1 TE/1 K/1 Def non ppr scoring system my Week 16 starters are bolded:

QBs - Big Ben, T. Edwards

RBs - S. Jackson, B. Jacobs, L. Maroney, J. Norwood, K. Smith, A.Stecker, L. White

WRs - Fitzgerald, C. Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, B. Marshall

TE - Scheffler

K - Kaeding

Defs - NY Giants, Green Bay

:D :pickle: :pickle: :clap: :kicksrock:

This was just my 2nd year playing. Last year I did 1 team - finished 3rd. Did 2 teams this year - finished 2nd in a 14-teamer, but got my 1st title with my 10-team IDP league! I think it was a deserving victory. My team finished #1 by far for points scored, and came in 1st in the regular season standings. And this was after suffering big injuries with my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks wasted on Marvin Harrison, Travis Henry, and Deuce McAllister respectively. Final non-IDP roster was:

QB: Peyton Manning, Hasselbeck, Garcia (we start 2 QBs)

RB: Portis, Lynch, Grant, Stecker, KJones

WR: TJHouss, Cotchery, SHolmes, CalJohnson, CHenry, Patten

TE: Gonzalez

K: Kaeding

DEF: Giants

This is the league I finished 3rd in last year. Made some adjustments in strategy that seemed to pay off. With 2 QBs starting, and their high-scoring potential compared to other positions, I made getting strong QBs a priority. Targeted Manning round 1, and had a few guys I liked targeted for the middle rounds (Hass, Romo, Roethlis). Got Hass and Big Ben, and traded the latter for TJHouss and Lynch. Stecker and Grant were huge down the stretch.

3rd time winning my Dynasty League.....

Warner

Westbrook

Parker.....ouch

A. Johnson

S. Smith

S. Holmes

Des. Clark...what a week to catch a TD!

Bironas

SD...THANKS!!!!

2 out of 3 redraft $$$ leagues; 2nd place in the other. Thanks FBGs! Now my dynasty leagues, well . . . I'm looking towards the future.

326 leagues

43 Championships

5 undefeated seasons

Profit = $18,323.30

Lots of work, but it was all worth it in the end. Never thought i'd be able to handle that many leagues and it took 45-50 hours a week just to manage lineups/WW's/etc. I'll never do it again, but don't regret it one bit.

1st championship in 4 years - ever since my league went to $$$.

Finally broke through with Westbrook, Fitzgerald, Plaxico, Wayne (aquired via trade).

Survived what seemed a disaster mistake trade: after week 4 traded TO/AD for LJ/Ward/Shockey. Happened to play the team that that benefited from the trade in round 1 of the playoff; TO + AD = 5 points. Like I planned it all along...

6th season of a 4 man keeper league, my second title. I thought I was done after losing Sjax, RudiJ & ABoldin early in the season, but worked the waiver wire and road the backs of Romo/Witten to make the playoffs, thrown in the Westbrook kneel down to send me to the championship game and the Boldin blowup to propel me to victory. The fantasy gods are smiling and so am I ...

Won it all in spite of these jerky's:

FWP

Larry Johnson

Carson Palmer

Won it because of these studs:

LT

Braylon

Witten (I wub you, buddy)

And my cornerbacks! Madieu Williams, Marlin Jackson, and Jason Allen.

The stars aligned and I won ALL FOUR of my leagues this year. I didn't own any single player in more than two leagues. No Brady or Romo. No LT or Westbrook. No waiver wire wonders Anderson, Graham, or Grant. Simply solid teams from top to bottom built almost completely through the draft.

I feel so incredibly lucky. Nowhere to go but down.

Users who are viewing this thread