What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Cleveland vs. NY Giants +6.5 (44.5) (3 Viewers)

As someone who picked up the Browns D for the semis and finals, these 4th down failures are glorious! 

Really would be nice to see a few sacks, though. 

I don't hate the play call there unlike the last drive; they just didn't get the first. I'm guessing Giants feel they won't be able to catch up and the D could bail them out.

Would likely be 9-7 right now. 
I’m having this same argument with my brother right now. 

the Browns for YEARS have settled for FGs.  The other team would keep scoring TDs.   And they would lose by ALL of the points. 

you gotta score TDS to win. 

As someone who picked up the Browns D for the semis and finals, these 4th down failures are glorious! 

Really would be nice to see a few sacks, though. 
Playing against Garrett and Vernon - so if it's Richardson ok. 

At some point Patrick Graham has to dial up a blitz, Baker is just carving up this zone and at some point Giants LBs are going to be in the wrong spot.

Landry scores the TD and ####talks Yiadom, 14-3 Browns.

EDIT: Giants enforce the Unsportsmanlike penalty on the XP try and Parkey doinks it, make that 13-3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giants DC is good.  Making Baker beat him with the short stuff, not giving anything away deep.  

I see some things that 'could' work in the run game.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we see a long run get busted in the 2nd half at some point.

I hope Giants are able to retain Graham in the offseason. The man has done a great job with this unit under the circumstances.

... going for it? This is probably a fake and the punt team will come on.

EDIT: Yep.

There's just no pressure on Mayfield. There's a laundry list of info about Baker Mayfield under pressure, and Giants have generated none. Graham is going to have to break coverage and blitz.

There's just no pressure on Mayfield. There's a laundry list of info about Baker Mayfield under pressure, and Giants have generated none. Graham is going to have to break coverage and blitz.
I do have to give credit to what may be the best offensive line in the league this year.  We're dealing with a couple of injuries at RG but I forgot we drafted the kid who is in and he's not all that bad. 

By now the TOP has to be wearing on the G-Men D-Line.

The Giants defense is really playing well all game considering how Baker has been rippin'.

After back and forth with penalties, Chubb scores the running TD from a few yards out. 20-3 Browns, Giants going to have to get a few chunk plays now down 3 scores.

I do have to give credit to what may be the best offensive line in the league this year.  We're dealing with a couple of injuries at RG but I forgot we drafted the kid who is in and he's not all that bad. 

By now the TOP has to be wearing on the G-Men D-Line.

The Giants defense is really playing well all game considering how Baker has been rippin'.
Harris is probably better than Hubbard to be honest. I'm a huge Harris fan, and thought he should have been a 2nd/3rd round draft pick.

Seems like a very Giants thing to forget that Gallman has been the only reliable offensive weapon this year.

Giants probably would've liked to go for it but it was 4th and forever. If they have any chance they need to force a turnover somehow.

Seems like a very Giants thing to forget that Gallman has been the only reliable offensive weapon this year.
Not like Morris hasn't done well at RB this year, also Shepard has been money.

I know what you're getting at, but the "only reliable offensive weapon" part isn't correct.

Can't help but feel this is where the Browns ice it. 

Man, 6-10 might win the NFC East.

Could see Washington losing to both Carolina and Philly 

Could see Giants losing to both Baltimore(would be shocked if they won) and Dallas.

Could see Philly beating both Dallas and washington(to go 6-9-1)

Could see Dallas beating both Philly and New York

Should be a very interesting finish, and the winner gets to likely host Tampa Bay.

Whelp Giants hopefully can get Jones back somewhat healthy for next week, but really uneven performance tonight. Some questionable offensive decisions didn't help.

He's not reliable in real football either.  Not a single player is out side of Gallman, as I said.
That's not a common thought by anyone regarding this forum. I have never once heard anyone say "Boy that Sterling Sheperd really isn't a reliable player".

EDIT: Amazing that he's Daniel Jones security blanket despite being so got dang unreliable. 🙄

Next Gen Stats@NextGenStats

Baker Mayfield has excelled throwing downfield over his last four games, leading the NFL with 7 TD passes. Mayfield on 10+ Air Yard Passes (since Week 12) ➤ 32/47, 641 yards, 7 TD ➤ 150.5 passer rating (2nd in NFL) ➤ +17.8% CPOE (2nd)

---------------------------------------------------

Jake Trotter@Jake_Trotter

Mayfield’s completion percentage was +16 above his expected rate per @NextGenStats

. That's the highest completion percentage over expectation by an NFL QB this season (min. 30 attempts) Aaron Rodgers, Week 14, held the previous high

-------------------------------------

Jake Trotter@Jake_Trotter

Baker Mayfield just broke a #Browns record for completion percentage in a game. Mayfield went 27 of 32 tonight (84.3%) besting besting the previous Cleveland record of 82.9% set by Kelly Holcomb in 2003. @ESPNStatsInfo

Whelp Giants hopefully can get Jones back somewhat healthy for next week, but really uneven performance tonight. Some questionable offensive decisions didn't help.

That's not a common thought by anyone regarding this forum. I have never once heard anyone say "Boy that Sterling Sheperd really isn't a reliable player".

EDIT: Amazing that he's Daniel Jones security blanket despite being so got dang unreliable. 🙄
ONE TD...hasn't cracked 75 yards all season.  "Reliable"

Users who are viewing this thread