What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (6 Viewers)

OXYGEN SATURATION METER

this just occurred to me ... i have one that cups my index finger, giving me my heart bpm along with my blood oxygen level. 

my heart bpm is normally 65ish, and my saturation level is usually 97+

question to those health workers out there: seeing as how this covid-19 causes respiratory fibrosis/distress, isn't having an oxygen meter handy as good as any tool for one to evaluate themselves? surely an infected person would register dangerously low, no?  while a pathogen free person would stay hovering in that 96-99 area, correct?

of course, a fever and hacking cough would also be tells to take it seriously ... but i think the high oxygen level is a good indicator of being ok - 

Alert in my county on scammers taking advantage of the situation. Big surprise..

"Coronavirus Scam: We had our first scam where victim received a phone call saying loved one had Covid-19 and was in accident on way to hospital. The loved one was arrested for accident and needed $13k bail. Suspect said they would send friend to pick up money. Be aware!"

I've turned the TV off and left this thread for a couple of hours. I feel a bit better and need to zone this all out more. 

How can we tune out without being nervous that we might miss something important locally, especially here in NYC?

Yep.  I also STRONGLY encourage taking a class on gun safety if you purchase a gun.  Be a responsible gun owner.

When I bought my shotgun in WI, I walked out with the gun and shells that day.  I filled out a form, they took it in the back, and everything must have checked out.

Picked up one with a good spread :BillBurr:
Yep. Shotgun for home protection. 12ga with shorter barrel if you can find one. For a handgun, you have a waiting period. So if you walk into a gun store, you can pick out your gun, put it on hold or what not until the several day long waiting period is over. I have a carry permit, where I can walk into any gun store, and walk out with any weapon on the spot. 

Alert in my county on scammers taking advantage of the situation. Big surprise..

"Coronavirus Scam: We had our first scam where victim received a phone call saying loved one had Covid-19 and was in accident on way to hospital. The loved one was arrested for accident and needed $13k bail. Suspect said they would send friend to pick up money. Be aware!"
any numb nutz who would fall for that deserves to be extricated from their coin .. 

yeahyeah i know "but old people get victimized!!"

simply call the person who supposedly was in the accident to confirm. 

common sense. 

Michigan update I recieved via email from a local new station:

As of 12 p.m. on Friday, March 15, the state has had 135 people approved for tested, 120 who have tested negative, 26 with test results pending, 172 being monitored and 554 total being monitored.

I need a math and grammar check please... 

What is accomplished by testing right now?
The confirmed case in quarantine is less likely to infect others than if running around oblivious. That is part of the delay effort, to reduce the risk of the health care system being stressed or overburdened. 

any numb nutz who would fall for that deserves to be extricated from their coin .. 

yeahyeah i know "but old people get victimized!!"

simply call the person who supposedly was in the accident to confirm. 

common sense. 
Millions of dollars go to scammers. Not everyone has the common sense to check first, unfortunately. I once had my "cousin" call me. His name came up on my phone. Turns out he was in the hospital needing money for surgery. Yeah, ok, click. 

Michigan update I recieved via email from a local new station:

As of 12 p.m. on Friday, March 15, the state has had 135 people approved for tested, 120 who have tested negative, 26 with test results pending, 172 being monitored and 554 total being monitored.

I need a math and grammar check please... 
And a date check too...

The confirmed case in quarantine is less likely to infect others than if running around oblivious. That is part of the delay effort, to reduce the risk of the health care system being stressed or overburdened. 
You don't need to test people to accomplish this... as we are seeing.

What's the verdict on continuing to go the gym right now? Irresponsible? Selfish if you got a family? Necessary to maintain peace of mind and keep up good health in case virus contracted?

I've turned the TV off and left this thread for a couple of hours. I feel a bit better and need to zone this all out more. 

How can we tune out without being nervous that we might miss something important locally, especially here in NYC?
Zombie horde roaming down 5th seems confused that the Bryant Park Library has closed. You're safe for now, gb

My office finally had a meeting...WFH on the table for those of us at risk, including me.

I'll see what the weekend looks like and go from there. I'm starting a new project that will involve a lot of face time with the boss's right hand man...would prefer to work at the office but am very happy to not if at all possible.

Just happy they finally did something.

The inlaws have a beach house near OC, MD. Might go there if things go extra south.

The only smart strategy to take.  

What is accomplished by testing right now?

Congrats! You have COVID.  OK, go home and take care of yourself.  Oh, and here is a bill for $2400 that your insurance may or may not help with.
This couldn't be more wrong.  It is the only thing we can actually do.  Make sure we know who is infected allows us to quarantine the right folks and also avoids fear.  You know where diseases is and we can effectively add social distances measures in those areas.  Vs. shutting down the entire country.  

What's the verdict on continuing to go the gym right now? Irresponsible? Selfish if you got a family? Necessary to maintain peace of mind and keep up good health in case virus contracted?
I went to my gym this morning, but my neighborhood gym is just 3 treadmills, an elliptical and a few free weights.  I didn't talk to a soul, I wiped the elliptical before and after use.  Didnt seem like much of a risk at all, but if you are needing to use lots of equipment that others are using, I'd see more risk. 

The Mayor of Miami,  Francisco Suarez, tests positive. He's asymptomatic but will self-isolate. He was with the Brazilian delegation that visited Mar a Lago, although it's not certain how he was exposed to the virus.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/03/13/city-of-miami-mayor-francis-suarez-tests-positive-for-covid-19/
It's hard to change behavior.

"I'm reviewing a video feed of yesterday's commission meeting. Mayor Suarez is seen touching his face at least three times. At one point, he appears to make contact with Joe Carollo, who later rubs his eye."

https://mobile.twitter.com/aaron_leib/status/1238493106095472641

Finally got remote access for my PC at client's site so I am good to go. Tried to get gas at local gas station and couldn't even get into the parking lot. You'd think they were giving out tp or something.

One good thing about this whole thing is that it is exposing all the relic, boomers stuck in the stone age for their outdated, archaic beliefs about people working from home.  Apparently one manager here is holding the process up because they personally don't believe in it.  Give me a ####### break.  So at risk people are currently taking public transportation to be here when they could easily be doing their work remotely.  There's about to be a mutiny.  Sorry, I'm pissed.

Mine is closed. So not a question for me.
I won't be surprised to see that happen but yesterday they had the entire staff doing a huge deep clean the likes I've never seen and I've been a member for over 15 years.

For what it's worth as of yesterday afternoon I saw no noticeable drop off in attendance at the gym but since I can work from home, am stocked with food, just starting to think I might need to just ease on out for time being.

One good thing about this whole thing is that it is exposing all the relic, boomers stuck in the stone age for their outdated, archaic beliefs about people working from home.  Apparently one manager here is holding the process up because they personally don't believe in it.  Give me a ####### break.  So at risk people are currently taking public transportation to be here when they could easily be doing their work remotely.  There's about to be a mutiny.  Sorry, I'm pissed.
You could buy him a cruise?

My kids are on spring break next week.  The overwhelming majority of her friends are still going along as planned.  Justifications I've heard are:

• There are no cases in XYZ location 
  • You aren't around people doing XYZ activity
  • It's sunny and we will be on the beach, or in our resort hotel room most of the time.  It's basically a quarantine anyways.
  • We have masks and will wear them on the plane/airport and wipe down everything
  • If I'm going to get it I'm going to get it.  No reason to stop living life.
  • I'll be working from home anyways when I get back

Apparently we had a gal in a different building, with prior heart problems wig out yesterday afternoon.  It finally [prompted management to look into WFH.   Something I emailed HR about 5 weeks ago and was basically laughed at. 

France, Germany, Spain. Ungood.

Don't trust the Iranian numbers, I suspect they are under reporting or under testing or both

Users who are viewing this thread