What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Deadliest Catch Thread! (1 Viewer)

Are any of the original captains still around?  Cause they all looked like they had one foot in the grave when the show first started.  Except for one of the brothers, he seemed to be pretty normal looking.  He may have been one of the few that didn't smoke if I recall correctly. 

Are any of the original captains still around?  Cause they all looked like they had one foot in the grave when the show first started.  Except for one of the brothers, he seemed to be pretty normal looking.  He may have been one of the few that didn't smoke if I recall correctly. 
Sig is still there. Keith Colburn was there for half of the year and his brother is still a wuss. Jonathan Hillstrand "retired " from show but is still crabbing for financial reasons.

If you want bitter, check out Elliott's twitter timeline. He goes off on Discovery channel, Jake Anderson and...Nick McGlashan

@CaptElliott: @NickMcglashan FYI I’m Sober as U have a great Captain job. I don’t blast it all over like U cuz I don’t need the validation U need2 pray4 urself n work on the self esteem issues.??

Sig is still there. Keith Colburn was there for half of the year and his brother is still a wuss. Jonathan Hillstrand "retired " from show but is still crabbing for financial reasons.
Sig?  WTF?
He's been training his daughter as well as Edgar to take over the ship... Not sure if this latest news will change his mind or not. :mellow:

I am assuming that the Discovery Channel is discussing things with their lawyers and the marketing team to decide the future of The Northwestern on the show if Edgar stays on the ship.

He's been training his daughter as well as Edgar to take over the ship... Not sure if this latest news will change his mind or not. :mellow:

I am assuming that the Discovery Channel is discussing things with their lawyers and the marketing team to decide the future of The Northwestern on the show if Edgar stays on the ship.
Sig looked worse than any of them when the show first started.  I can't believe he's still walking around. 

If they pull the Northwestern,  they might as well cancel the show. They're the only boat that isn't a #### show.

Keith is still a blowhard and an ###. Josh Harris has the training wheels on. Jake Anderson is a drama queen. Wild Bill is bipolar going from everything sucks to Aint Life grand.

mozzy84 said:
lots of hate in here. this weeks show was awesome
I still think the show is entertaining, I just DVR it and fast forward thru the stuff that isn't interesting.  Curious to see what happens to the guy who fell off Wild Bill's boat, they must get him back on obviously, since these shows are filmed months ago, it would have made the headlines if something awful had happened.

A sentence I never expected to utter:   I think I'm attracted to the relief skipper of the Northwestern.  

Just watched 2 hour season opener, no mentioned of Edgar at all, it’s like he never existed.  I read he plead guilty to his charges.  Looks like Sig is going all in with his daughter taking over the Northwestern when he retires.  Not sure how much longer this show is going to last,  the ratings have to be pretty bad compared to the earlier seasons.  

Just watched 2 hour season opener, no mentioned of Edgar at all, it’s like he never existed.  I read he plead guilty to his charges.  Looks like Sig is going all in with his daughter taking over the Northwestern when he retires.  Not sure how much longer this show is going to last,  the ratings have to be pretty bad compared to the earlier seasons.  
Always thought Sig was too hard on/untrusting of  Edgar, but maybe he really is just a F.U. 

He definitely was, then seemed to be turning somethings around, now not so much. 
Not to be mean, but I'm guessing most of these guys are not the greatest people in the world.  Like, fun to watch on TV.  But couldn't imagine working every day with any of them and enjoying life.

Had no idea that Edgar had legal troubles.  \/\/o\/\/

Edgar was on the boat during the On Deck preview of the season. Maybe Opies. :shrug:

Wild Bill and the dog scenes were pretty bad, if they hadn't "jump the shark" yet, this certainly have now.
:shrug: Thought it broke up the "same old, same old" and was kind of funny watching this mean tough bully man babying a whiny dog.

He definitely needs to learn how to interview better..

One green horn just ups and leaves without telling anyone, and the other one is more concerned about his dog's outfits then getting on deck to work.

Keith is a complete ####### and Monty is dumb as a box of rocks.
How much of this is real and how much is reality show manufactured drama? Monty showing up at the last second like a hero to save the day as lines are being tossed to leave is such a hack producer fake drama move that it actually bothers me.

How much of this is real and how much is reality show manufactured drama? Monty showing up at the last second like a hero to save the day as lines are being tossed to leave is such a hack producer fake drama move that it actually bothers me.
the last 5 years some of the forced drama is pretty bad and honestly unnecessary imo.   The keith and monty stuff always seems fake, every year....

Man, Jake might be a good deckhand but he is an awful captain.   He’s pretty lucky that he gets one of the other captains each year to bail him out.  Hopefully for his sake  the owner of the Saga doesn’t watch the show.   Mandy, on the other hand, pretty impressive how she is coming along.  Also, first time ever remember seeing someone getting caught with too many small crabs. 

This show has officially jumped the shark. This season is very boring.  I miss the Time Bandit  I don't give two ####s about the Southern Wind and Harley and I hate Keith.

They are really stretching to manufacture drama to keep the show interesting and it is not working. Time to cue up some dead capt Harris nostalgia.

Sigh.

Jake Harris has been sentenced to 18 months in prison, according to several reports.

The former Deadliest Catch deckhand was convicted of driving under the influence and possession with intent to manufacture or distribute heroin, according to Oxygen.com. He was originally pursued by police in January after allegedly refusing to give a park ranger his identification and driving away in his motor home. Authorities eventually caught up to him, and uncovered “more than half an ounce” of the drug, as well as “residue, packaging, and ledgers related to distribution.”

Saw last night that Nick McGlashan died of overdose around Christmas.  Smart, capable, funny guy.  Such a waste.  

Saw last night that Nick McGlashan died of overdose around Christmas.  Smart, capable, funny guy.  Such a waste.  
damn. kind of guy you'd root for one episode then wish somebody would throw him overboard the next. like you said, smart and funny, but he had his demons.

I just came across the shocking bombshell news regarding the Captain of the Cornelia Marie. I’m not going to post a link, it’s pretty sickening, needless to say, he won‘t be returning to the show and his spinoff show is done also. I’m still in shock from this.

Josh H is a POS, he should be tied to one of his Crabing pots and tossed overboard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread