What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Deadliest Catch Thread! (2 Viewers)

New season starts tonight, 9:00 PM EDT.

From the constant promos, it looks like there's a new boat in the mix with the Northwestern, Time Bandit, Wizard and Cornelia Marie.

"Gonna rise up, find my direction mag-net-ically..."

DCThunder said:
New season starts tonight, 9:00 PM EDT.

From the constant promos, it looks like there's a new boat in the mix with the Northwestern, Time Bandit, Wizard and Cornelia Marie.

"Gonna rise up, find my direction mag-net-ically..."
Wild Bill onboard the Kodiak.

Man, the Hillstrands are giant Richards. "Suckerpunch" Hillstrand fits them perfectly. :popcorn:
He deserved to get knocked on his ### and he was thank God he was.......easily....what a ######! great scene !!!
:thumbup: Trying to poach crew members from other boats? Keith is so full of #### too. If he's got so many veteran boat hands that are wanting to join up on his boat then why is he hiring all those greenhorns?

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris??

especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :goodposting:

Any place I can watch this online? My wife's DVR'ing of "The Biggest Loser" and AI wouldn't let me watch last night. :sadbanana:

Man, the Hillstrands are giant Richards. "Suckerpunch" Hillstrand fits them perfectly. :unsure:
He deserved to get knocked on his ### and he was thank God he was.......easily....what a ######! great scene !!!
:rolleyes: Trying to poach crew members from other boats? Keith is so full of #### too. If he's got so many veteran boat hands that are wanting to join up on his boat then why is he hiring all those greenhorns?
It occurred to me watching that as Keith went on and on and on about the incident well in to the next day as they were leaving port that if he hadn't done anything, he wouldn't be talking so much. Dude deserved to get shoved. Actually deserved more. But it was funny how the fury stopped short: "DON'T EVEN CALL MY BOAT......unless you're sinking."

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris?? especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :rolleyes:
:lmao:

Man, the Hillstrands are giant Richards. "Suckerpunch" Hillstrand fits them perfectly. :angry:
:goodposting: Trying to poach crew members from other boats? Keith is so full of #### too. If he's got so many veteran boat hands that are wanting to join up on his boat then why is he hiring all those greenhorns?
It occurred to me watching that as Keith went on and on and on about the incident well in to the next day as they were leaving port that if he hadn't done anything, he wouldn't be talking so much. Dude deserved to get shoved. Actually deserved more. But it was funny how the fury stopped short: "DON'T EVEN CALL MY BOAT......unless you're sinking."
That is the number 1 rule of maritime, you never ignore a distress call.

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris?? especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :goodposting:
The main thing I was think about was how Jake Harris didn't get to spend the last King Crab season with his dad. I thought the Jake switching was great, but I think that Phil's death made it not as great as it could have been.

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris?? especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :topcat:
The main thing I was think about was how Jake Harris didn't get to spend the last King Crab season with his dad. I thought the Jake switching was great, but I think that Phil's death made it not as great as it could have been.
Thought about that also.. My understanding was he was only going to work part of the season on the other boat so maybe, just maybe he was on his Dad's boat when it goes down. I sure hope so, or at least sid makes a beeline to the boat if a call goes out.

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris?? especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :ph34r:
Thought about that also.. My understanding was he was only going to work part of the season on the other boat so maybe, just maybe he was on his Dad's boat when it goes down. I sure hope so, or at least sid makes a beeline to the boat if a call goes out.
He had issues when they were in port.

Love the show but doesn't it seem a little contrived this season? The switching Jakes, the fight between Keith and Suckerpunch. Seems to me like the producers are looking for new angles to make the show interesting and are going out of their way to create storylines. Also, way too many commercial breaks.

Love the show but doesn't it seem a little contrived this season? The switching Jakes, the fight between Keith and Suckerpunch. Seems to me like the producers are looking for new angles to make the show interesting and are going out of their way to create storylines. Also, way too many commercial breaks.
Since we know about Capt Phil it will probably only get worse. Going to be a tough production after that event occurs.

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris?? especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :confused:
Yep.. I meant that I hope that if he is on Sid's boat, sid makes a bee line to where they are. Really would be a downer if Jake doesn't get to be there for his Dad's final moments..

I didn't feel that at all... The hatred of Keith with most Captains has been building after last season when he dumped his traps right on top of the other ones. He is a jerk and it final built to a "finale"...The switching of the Jake's, IMO, was a Dad wanting his son to "grow" and the other wanting the "kid" he treats like a son to also not be under the wings of someone.. Everyone needs to grow and as much as Phil and Sid want to pretend, they will always treat "their" Jake's better than the other crew members.

The switching of the Jake's seemed waaaaay too contrived. I never really got the sense that Jake Anderson was overstepping his bounds at all on the Northwestern, but I guess that could've been the editing.

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris?? especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :kicksrock:
Yep.. I meant that I hope that if he is on Sid's boat, sid makes a bee line to where they are. Really would be a downer if Jake doesn't get to be there for his Dad's final moments..
I was thinking the same thing, but, I think Phil died during Opie season. Maybe they switched back. Either way, the NW made out like a bandit in the trade.

The switching of the Jake's seemed waaaaay too contrived. I never really got the sense that Jake Anderson was overstepping his bounds at all on the Northwestern, but I guess that could've been the editing.
I think that was the "contrived" bit. I think Sig agreed to it because he gets an experience deckhand in Jake Harris, and Jake Anderson gets some experience on another type of boat, which will only help him. Phil loses some experience on his deck, but I think he was looking to the future. Almost like he knew he wasn't going to be around much longer to referee Jake and Josh.

That trap dropping on the Kodiak was crazy. That captain seems like he could become a mainstay on the show.

I've never liked Keith or his bro. Easily the boat I'd least want to work for. And Phil stepping between those two helped Keith save face. Keith wasn't going to do anything anyway.

I believe Phil dies while making an offload during Opie season. It is really eerie watching his life unfold during King Crab season knowing he is going to die.

When I saw Josh thinking about leaving the Cornelia, the first thing I thought of was that he was going to leave and the stress of that situation was going to be a contributing factor in his dad dying. I was actually relieved when the whole Jake swap thing happened.

I love the Hillstrand's and the Time Bandit. Keith is a tool and is lucky Phil stepped in. Jonathan would have torn him a new one for sure. All I can think about was his dropping pots so close to Phil's last year. And I loved when Jonathan mentioned Keith's almost killing his brother. His going out to sea with so many more pots than everyone else was asking for an accident to happen. Everyone commented on seeing him leaving that something was going to happen. That was the most hair brained idea ever trying to tie a tarp on the front of the pots in high winds and 40 foot seas!

Great show, although it is starting to be more like a soap opera this season. Hopefully, next week we get back to some serious crab fishing.

Anyone else finding it difficult to watch any segment with Captain Phil Harris?? especially with his comment along the lines of "The weather is amazing.. I don't know I've ever seen it this calm.. I'm sure Pay backs will be coming" :towelwave:
Phil was in the hospital for a week or so and was supposed to be getting a little better before he died. Both Jake and Josh got to see him.

Finally watched the premiere. First time watching the show in HD. Damn, this is a beautiful show in HD.

Jake Harris needed to be sent to another boat. He's been getting by on doing as little as possible just because he's Phil's son. Josh is obviously the more mature and responsible one.

Keith knows he crossed the line. He tried to play it off the next day as "fisherman crab talk all the time. It's respect." Ok, even if that's the case, is it repect to tell someone they shouldn't be working on a certain boat? And seeing as he brought back Lenny who's now retired twice from the Wizard, I think it's safe to say that Keith was in fact trying to steal the Time Bandits engineer.

Finally watched the premiere. First time watching the show in HD. Damn, this is a beautiful show in HD. Jake Harris needed to be sent to another boat. He's been getting by on doing as little as possible just because he's Phil's son. Josh is obviously the more mature and responsible one. Keith knows he crossed the line. He tried to play it off the next day as "fisherman crab talk all the time. It's respect." Ok, even if that's the case, is it repect to tell someone they shouldn't be working on a certain boat? And seeing as he brought back Lenny who's now retired twice from the Wizard, I think it's safe to say that Keith was in fact trying to steal the Time Bandits engineer.
Yeah. Maybe the shoving was "staged" in the sense that if it wasn't on TV he might not have even had that confrontation, but it looks legit in the sense of how it worked out. They aren't making so much doing this camera work to blow a multi million dollar harvest for good TV. If you want to see contrived discovery channel nonsense the show to watch was that motorcycle design show.

Finally watched the premiere. First time watching the show in HD. Damn, this is a beautiful show in HD. Jake Harris needed to be sent to another boat. He's been getting by on doing as little as possible just because he's Phil's son. Josh is obviously the more mature and responsible one. Keith knows he crossed the line. He tried to play it off the next day as "fisherman crab talk all the time. It's respect." Ok, even if that's the case, is it repect to tell someone they shouldn't be working on a certain boat? And seeing as he brought back Lenny who's now retired twice from the Wizard, I think it's safe to say that Keith was in fact trying to steal the Time Bandits engineer.
Yeah. Maybe the shoving was "staged" in the sense that if it wasn't on TV he might not have even had that confrontation, but it looks legit in the sense of how it worked out. They aren't making so much doing this camera work to blow a multi million dollar harvest for good TV. If you want to see contrived discovery channel nonsense the show to watch was that motorcycle design show.
American Chopper. Moved over to TLC. Had it's series finale but apparently is coming back.

It's funny that everyone says Captain Keith deserved the Hillstrand push down...

I tuned in just at the point of the confrontation and it looked like the Hillstrands (or the one brother) were the bully. Without the intro it looked completely one-side the other way.

It's funny that everyone says Captain Keith deserved the Hillstrand push down...I tuned in just at the point of the confrontation and it looked like the Hillstrands (or the one brother) were the bully. Without the intro it looked completely one-side the other way.
I watched it and these two guys are both #######. Nice push. :goodposting:

It's funny that everyone says Captain Keith deserved the Hillstrand push down...I tuned in just at the point of the confrontation and it looked like the Hillstrands (or the one brother) were the bully. Without the intro it looked completely one-side the other way.
I watched it and these two guys are both #######. Nice push. :wall:
I watched Larry King the other night and both Hillstrands,Sig, and Kieth were all on the show. They all said the event was no big deal and quickly forgotten. They talked about losing Captain Phil and the Jake swap. One interesting thing they said is they fish usually 200 miles out of Dutch Harbor and said it takes about 2 days to get to the fishing grounds. Seemed like a long time to go only 200 miles but I guess they arent in speed boats or anything.

da_budman said:
Sabertooth said:
OC Zed said:
It's funny that everyone says Captain Keith deserved the Hillstrand push down...

I tuned in just at the point of the confrontation and it looked like the Hillstrands (or the one brother) were the bully. Without the intro it looked completely one-side the other way.
I watched it and these two guys are both #######. Nice push. :lmao:
I watched Larry King the other night and both Hillstrands,Sig, and Kieth were all on the show. They all said the event was no big deal and quickly forgotten. They talked about losing Captain Phil and the Jake swap. One interesting thing they said is they fish usually 200 miles out of Dutch Harbor and said it takes about 2 days to get to the fishing grounds. Seemed like a long time to go only 200 miles but I guess they arent in speed boats or anything.
Fighting currents and waves.

Some good stuff last night, it's a train wreck to watch knowing that Phil is going to die :sad:

Some good stuff last night, it's a train wreck to watch knowing that Phil is going to die :sad:
:( the setup for next week on transferring the Jakes was Great! .. " OK,, You could drop him into the water with the survival suit on and we will pick him out of the water with the crane" :popcorn:

Loved the joke Edgar pulled on JakeH by turning off the electricity to the stove while he was trying to cook breakfast. :lmao:

Oh, and I'm having a hard time warming up to the captain of the Kodiak. He seems like he should be back running fishing charters in Mexico.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like they're spending more time with each boat versus jumping around a lot. No?

Still can't stand Wizard Cap. He's such a blowhard. But he always is tops in crab. I know he has the biggest boat and probably makes his guys some money but I couldn't work for him or his brother.

Do you guys think Edgar is outta there or this is just a flare-up that will go away? I don't think he's going anywhere.

I like the Kodiak cap but he definitely has to get warmed up again.

Users who are viewing this thread