What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (2 Viewers)

Just heard Foster is out for Houston :pickle:

I have Cleveland, then Colts & NYG's versus Jax next two weeks.

Then Baltimore for the playoffs

That's what I call streaming defenses!!!!

Foster's out. Cleveland's good pass D against a bad QB getting his first start of the year looks like a great opportunity.

Hmm is NE or CLE a better hold to pair with Arizona from here on out? Currently have NE and Arizona, but with Foster out I'm almost tempted to grab CLE instead.

Basically I think the best combo defenses will be:

• X Wks 11-12 + Detroit Wks 13-16
  • Houston Wks 11-14 + X Wks 15-16
The Lions and Texans have a couple sweet looking four game stretches. The trick is finding someone to fill the other two weeks.
Miami and Indy

I'm rolling with Washington this week. Got Indy for next week. Then plan on trying to roll with Indy/GB ROS. I will have TN on speed dial for the playoffs.

I'm rolling with Washington this week. Got Indy for next week. Then plan on trying to roll with Indy/GB ROS. I will have TN on speed dial for the playoffs.
Washington, Rams, Titans stack allows you to play Tampa, Oakland, St. Louis & Jets at home + road games @ SF & Jax through week 16.

Washington D much stronger (FF scoring anyway) at home vrs road so there's probably another team with a better week 12 (than @SF) on the WW but in deep leagues where multiple D's are rostered on every squad, that's what I'm riding to title week.

Consider this relevant only for deep leagues, should be much better options in typical 12 man leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is TN much better than the teams they are playing in the playoffs?

Is TN much better than the teams they are playing in the playoffs?
Exactly. The fear is they check out early on the season and become non competitive. I'm avoiding Tennessee unless I'm desperate.

Out of curiosity, why is there no interest in KC Chiefs? You might only use them twice in the last 5 games, but those 2 games are against the Raiders who are on the same level as Jax

In my system they are 58/19/3/5/19/7/9 since week 4, making them the #4 ranked D.

Schedule is:

11 - Seahawks (sit)
12 - @Raiders (start)
13 - Broncos (sit)
14 - Cardinals (sit)
15 - @Raiders (start)

If you want them you likely would grab them this week, they will be a hot commodity after this weekend I bet

Foster's out. Cleveland's good pass D against a bad QB getting his first start of the year looks like a great opportunity.
Think Cleveland is a strong play for sure, but in fairness, we don't *know* Mallet is a bad QB yet. Not sure we'll know after this game either given the way it's setting up.

I know not everyone can roster 3 defenses, but I choose to do so this time of year. I cut RB handcuffs and upside guys who currently offer no current ff value to hog D's. I had been holding Baltimore for week 15 at home vs jags but had to cut them as I don't like their match ups up until then. I replaced them with Chiefs. My league goes to week 15 of course if I make it that far

11 Cleveland vs Houston

12 Chiefs at Oakland

13 Vikings vs Panthers

14 Vikings vs Jets

15 Chiefs vs Raiders

Will drop Cleveland next week and try to get Ravens back so no one else gets their juicy week 15 matchup

Any thoughts to playing the Saints this week at home against CIN in the Superdome?

Looks like them or the Steelers in one league of mine. Currently have the Steelers but am considering the switch.

Re: San Diego

I picked them up in 1 league after rolling with Cincy all year, who has been really weak. I see that Jason Verett just went on IR and he was having a nice year, but they get Ingram back. Seems like a fair play coming off the bye against OAK, though MFL is projecting them as -1 in that league. yeesh.

What do we think about these other options?

SF @ NYG

MIN @ CHI

TEN vs. PIT

I like SD's matchup best, but I'm leery of getting burnt by a bad defense (Not that any of the others are great, but they are probably better).

CIN is also another D that is surprisingly ineffective based on talent on the roster.

Any thoughts about either of these Ds returning to some semblance of form, or are they lost causes?
CIN seems to have some decent match-ups Weeks 12 and 13. I'm thinking about using them against HOU and TB.
yeah, I dropped them in 2 leagues this past week (was ready to do it a week or 2 ago, but figured I had to hold through JAX), but was noticing those matchups and picked them back up in 1 where I had room to carry 2 defenses. I have to think that they will get right at some point.

Re: San Diego

I picked them up in 1 league after rolling with Cincy all year, who has been really weak. I see that Jason Verett just went on IR and he was having a nice year, but they get Ingram back. Seems like a fair play coming off the bye against OAK, though MFL is projecting them as -1 in that league. yeesh.

What do we think about these other options?

SF @ NYG

MIN @ CHI

TEN vs. PIT

I like SD's matchup best, but I'm leery of getting burnt by a bad defense (Not that any of the others are great, but they are probably better).
I am rolling with min over pitt in one league. Expecting good things

Just heard Foster is out for Houston :pickle:

I have Cleveland, then Colts & NYG's versus Jax next two weeks.

Then Baltimore for the playoffs

That's what I call streaming defenses!!!!
. How do people have roster space to hold 4 defenses?
I only have 6 roster bench spots. I'm using 3 for defenses because my leagues are sharks and I would not get these defenses unless I grabbed them weeks ahead. I don't carry a backup QB, TE or kicker so that helps too.

CLE not living up to expectations so far this week -- for those of you who were looking to ride CLE (alone or in a DTBC approach), does this game have you reconsidering?

Some solid matchups down the stretch, and they obviously have something to continue to play for -- but this performance against HOU has shaken my trust.

Anyone besides me like Green Bay as a sneaky start this weekend? Supposed to be frigid and Sanchez is mistake prone.
Eagles will run, run and run some more. No chance. Teams you don't stream against: Denver, Indy, Philly, New England, Green Bay, Saints (@ home).
Kicking myself for ignoring my own thoughts on this. Used GB only a tiny bit at Fanduel and loaded up on Cleveland instead. Ugh.

Anyone besides me like Green Bay as a sneaky start this weekend? Supposed to be frigid and Sanchez is mistake prone.
Eagles will run, run and run some more. No chance. Teams you don't stream against: Denver, Indy, Philly, New England, Green Bay, Saints (@ home).
Kicking myself for ignoring my own thoughts on this. Used GB only a tiny bit at Fanduel and loaded up on Cleveland instead. Ugh.
Yea, did not see this coming. Eagles still racked up 450 yards and 20 pts but 5 turnovers and 2 DTDs sure make up for that don't they.

CLE not living up to expectations so far this week -- for those of you who were looking to ride CLE (alone or in a DTBC approach), does this game have you reconsidering?

Some solid matchups down the stretch, and they obviously have something to continue to play for -- but this performance against HOU has shaken my trust.
i'm not sold on them at all. i'm going to put a claim in for stl for the oak, wash weeks. cle has indy the same week stl has wash. cle got me -1 this week

Picked up the Colts defense for this upcoming game against the Jags. Now I'm not so sure. They have been awful the past 3 weeks. Anyone bailing on them now? I don't see any plus matchups after the Jags.

Their DL is short-handed now with Taylor out. When he's in, the run defense looked good. He's out and they are forced to start their depth players and limit a rotation. Sheard also got hurt yesterday and may miss some time. I wouldn't be surprised if Dansby (MLB) misses a few games too with his injury. All that said, this isn't the same defense as what was rolling out there previously. It will be tough to rely on them for the ROS, IMO.

Picked up the Colts defense for this upcoming game against the Jags. Now I'm not so sure. They have been awful the past 3 weeks. Anyone bailing on them now? I don't see any plus matchups after the Jags.
Thought about adding them as well, but you're right, they haven't looked very good lately. Though, if any team can help a defense get right, it's the Jags.

Going to use KC vs the Raiders on Thursday night.

They have been keeping the scores pretty low and I am hoping some sacks/turnovers will happen vs Oakland.

I know SF may not be on the wire, but fire up anyone who is playing the Skins in the coming weeks. RG3 about to have a massive melt down.

Raiderfan32904 said:
I'm going with them against the Jags and probably the next week against the Skins. Then I hope to ride GB the rest of the way (if my season lasts that long). Not much else out there for me (unless I get ballsy and pick up TN for weeks 15-16).

I already have KC and will try to get the Rams... this pair looks really good to me through week 16

12 KC @OAK
13 STL OAK
14 STL @WAS
15 KC OAK
16 STL NYG

3 games against OAK, 1 against WAS and week 16 against Eli the turnover machine!

Detroit has a great four game stretch after they visit Foxboro this week.

Happy with the Cards yesterday (as a FF owner; as a fan, not so much). Rolling with the Bills v. NYJ this week but most of ROS will be sticking with ARI.

WTF kind of leagues are you guys in where these DSTs are available? Half my league tries to stream DSTs (& we don't even have a waiver wire; FAAB only & no $0 bids), sounds like many of you are in leagues where you're the only owner who bothers w/ DST.

WTF kind of leagues are you guys in where these DSTs are available? Half my league tries to stream DSTs (& we don't even have a waiver wire; FAAB only & no $0 bids), sounds like many of you are in leagues where you're the only owner who bothers w/ DST.
For the most part yea. Maybe one other owner. I don't think people realize how many points you can make up by streaming. I so far am averaging about 9 points above the next closest owner in DST.

I have CLE in two leagues. In one league (open waiver), they're just the backup to Miami, but I need to roll them out this weekend vs. ATL. The injuries (and this week's performance) really scare me. Toying with the idea of DAL @ NYG.

In my other league, they're my only defense. Indy is available, so I put in a claim on them. I don't care how bad they've looked the past few weeks. Jax is the cure to all ills.

Wow, of the 11 best matchups for DST, 9 are available in my league. 7 of these are available in 50% or less of ESPN leagues:

IND vs. JAX

SD

SF vs. WSH

GB @ MIN

CHI

KC @ OAK

DAL

TEN

TB

Bolded look like the best bets to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rams huh? looks interesting and with Shaun Hill and tre mason maybe the offense can help the D out now?
Just picked them up to pair with the Packers the rest of the way.

Matchups look like this:

Week 12: GB @ Minn/StL @ SD

Week 13: GB vs NE/StL vs Oak

Week 14: GB vs Atl/StL @ Wsh

Week 15: GB @ Buf/StL vs Ari

Week 16: GB @ TB/StL vs NYG

the team facing jax is the 2nd highest defensive scorer in my leagues, behind only the eagles. ya, im playing indy no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread