What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Destiny Thread *** Xbox One & PS4 (if we have to) (2 Viewers)

madshot31 said:
Harry Manback said:
Giant Wooden Badger said:
Harry Manback said:
Can anyone explain how the MMO part works?

How many people max are in a world?
MMO is pretty much just in the campaign type parts of the game. You'll randomly see others running around completing other missions or story levels depending on their rank. You can also do missions with your friends.

The multiplayer (FPS) area is completely separate from all of that.
So for the campaign, will you literally see thousands of people running around, or is it finite?

To join up with someone do you then go to a separate world? I guess I'll probably have to play to figure it out, but I have so many questions.
I would also like to know these questions. Also, about how much of the game is campaign based versus possible PVP for an average person? Ignore the game I'm about to suggest because I am in no way saying Destiny is like one of these games, because I don't know and have been out of the loop, but would the game be played more like Bordelands or COD multi essentially for the majority of the play time?
It seems like Borderlands quite a bit.

How is it a fail?

Hit 20 last night, if anyone needs some company doing Crucible runs, Strikes, or Heroics...add me on PS4.

I go by SSlayton320 on PSN.

Ok, bought this and am playing.

This is a very frustrating game in that I can definitely see where it could be great, but it's not. It's actually kind of boring. Some thoughts:

- It feels a LOT like Halo in movement / shooting / grenades / enemies / etc. One of the enemies even does that Elite "sidestep" thing. But it's not as good as Halo.

- I can see the Borderlands comparison, too. To a degree, it's "Shoot and loot". But it's not as good as Borderlands.

- I'm mostly a single-player gamer. In this game, I can see other players, and on one of my missions, there was somebody else actually killing enemies. Was he helping me? Was he supposed to? Was I helping him? Were we on the same mission and just got put together? Then he was gone, and I fought the boss alone. I don't quite get it.

You know it's not a great game when, on the first night playing, you pop Madden back in after an hour or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is a very frustrating game in that I can definitely see where it could be great, but it's not. It's actually kind of boring. Some thoughts:

- It feels a LOT like Halo in movement / shooting / grenades / enemies / etc. One of the enemies even does that Elite "sidestep" thing. But it's not as good as Halo.

- I can see the Borderlands comparison, too. To a degree, it's "Shoot and loot". But it's not as good as Borderlands.

- I'm mostly a single-player gamer. In this game, I can see other players, and on one of my missions, there was somebody else actually killing enemies. Was he helping me? Was he supposed to? Was I helping him? Were we on the same mission and just got put together? Then he was gone, and I fought the boss alone. I don't quite get it.

You know it's not a great game when, on the first night playing, you pop Madden back in after an hour or two.
Those were my exact perceptions after playing the Beta, but I keep popping in this thread hoping someone will convince me otherwise. Disappointing.

Those were my exact perceptions after playing the Beta, but I keep popping in this thread hoping someone will convince me otherwise. Disappointing.
I'll be giving it another shot, as I do see the "really good game" under the surface. Hopefully, some patches and/or expansions can make this better.

I also understand the drift towards co-op / multi in games (although I think gaming companies overestimate the want for this.) I'm willing to try this forced co-op for what it is. But I wish it was explained better. I game at odd hours, and don't have friends that I game with. I'm not a "mic" player either. So how do I get the most out of the co-op?

Love the MP now that I've moved from a wireless connection to wired. Had a great run last night. Almost to level 19.

As far as single player, I kind of like that you can run alone and someone may randomly show up and help you out or vice-versa. Adds some cool randomness to the game.

Completing a strike with 2 other randoms is also fun. Especially when you finally beat a big boss after a 30 minute fight and the 3 of you start dancing simultaneously :lmao:

Only complaint is that you can't really talk to anyone that you bump into without a fair amount of effort. Voice chat should be based on proximity within the game.

Still loving the game. Loving the harder spikes they pose a real challenge.

I bought the two expansion packs but haven't been able to mess around with them.

I am liking the skirmish mode too.

Same here, sort of. I liked the beta, but I was worried that the full game would be too small and too repetitive. Unfortunately, that's exactly the vibe I'm getting from user reviews. I'll probably pick this up after a price cut but I can hold off for now.

Bought this on a whim (xb1). I like it despite not knowing what I'm really doing yet. Anyone have any interest in starting a clan? I'm not even really sure what this does.

Just picked up the Destiny addition PS4. Feel free to add me on PSN. Name is Bordman

Put FBG in the message section just so I know you're a good person. Or PM here if there's a clan. I read through the posts here quick but didn't see anything.

I'm going to try and stick with this one for a bit. It's not living up to my initial expectations but it might be one of those games that grows on you. Playing as a Warlock (level 4 right now)and I've been getting whooped by the the 4 armed guys with swords. It's to the point where I'm stuck on Earth Level 5.

Played a bunch on Friday night with my brother and a buddy online. Was mainlining bourbon and we were all on a google hangout (nerd) until 4am.

It was a blast. I think we're all level 8/9ish now. I can see not liking it as much if you're playing solo though.

Haven't been able to put this game down. If anyone wants to add me I'm bakes716 on XBL. As a warning I'm not the greatest at FPS.

On level 10 now and have yet to enter the Crucible. If I do, will I get slaughtered by a bunch of level 20+'s with their amped up gear and abilities, or do they do a good job matching you up with people of similar level?

On level 10 now and have yet to enter the Crucible. If I do, will I get slaughtered by a bunch of level 20+'s with their amped up gear and abilities, or do they do a good job matching you up with people of similar level?
I haven't tried the Crucible yet but I don't think there is any level based matchmaking. To balance things out there are no gear stats (ie all guns do the same damage, all armor is the same).

I generally stink at FPS so I expect to get destroyed no matter my level (only 8 right now).

Played to level 7 with friends, and I was still bored. It may be becasue I'm currently focused on Diablo 3 but I just can't get into Destiny.

Played to level 7 with friends, and I was still bored. It may be becasue I'm currently focused on Diablo 3 but I just can't get into Destiny.
Did you crucible or just play story mode?

I haven't tried the Crucible yet but I don't think there is any level based matchmaking. To balance things out there are no gear stats (ie all guns do the same damage, all armor is the same).

I generally stink at FPS so I expect to get destroyed no matter my level (only 8 right now).
If you are looking for someone to run with you can add me. I am level 10 - most everyone else on my friend's list is 20+ so I am largely playing solo. GT: Ryodan5

If you are looking for someone to run with you can add me. I am level 10 - most everyone else on my friend's list is 20+ so I am largely playing solo. GT: Ryodan5
I only played Story Mode, you think I should've went Crucible too?

No, you'll be fine. As someone said above, all weapons and armor and such are equalized in the Crucible. Later when they open up the separate Iron Banner playlist you'll also be able to to PVP where all equalization is removed so higher levels will essentially wreck lower levels.

Crucible isn't available until you hit level 5 so you have to start out the way you did anyway.

Dunno I haven't tried it yet. Just curious about your thoughts. I tried it on Beta and enjoyed it. But so far everything I've been reading about the Crucible these days has been pretty negative. I'll probably try it out sometime this week now that I know the gear and weapons levels don't matter.

Dunno I haven't tried it yet. Just curious about your thoughts. I tried it on Beta and enjoyed it. But so far everything I've been reading about the Crucible these days has been pretty negative. I'll probably try it out sometime this week now that I know the gear and weapons levels don't matter.
Are you playing it on XB1? I may give it another go.

Added you thanks - I'm bakes716.

yeah I'm on XB1

I am...

if you are still playing Destiny in October, consider joining Extra Life and playing for 24 hours while raising money for children's hospitals! October 25th would be a great day for teaming up with other FBGs to take down bosses!

www.extra-life.org

I am...
Nobody asked you, MB..... Kidding, I am kind of disappointed the fire teams only consist of 3 people. When I was on we had to turn down friends because of the limit.

Played a little bit of Crucible for the first time last night. Got mauled early on as everything as a whir and I had no idea what was going (all these special abilities, power ups, and weapons I had never seen before). Also, it wasn't until my last two games that I realized that my sensitivity was way too low. Once I raised that (from 3 to 5) I did much much better. A tip for anyone new like me - make sure you raise your sensitivity and turn off the controller vibration. I only recall playing 5 maps though in 9 games - is that all they have?

My K/D is pretty pathetic right now at 0.75 lol.

Played a little bit of Crucible for the first time last night. Got mauled early on as everything as a whir and I had no idea what was going (all these special abilities, power ups, and weapons I had never seen before). Also, it wasn't until my last two games that I realized that my sensitivity was way too low. Once I raised that (from 3 to 5) I did much much better. A tip for anyone new like me - make sure you raise your sensitivity and turn off the controller vibration. I only recall playing 5 maps though in 9 games - is that all they have?

Was it fun? Would you recommend it?

It was ok....but if there are only 5 maps and two game modes (so far that's all I've seen), I can see it getting boring fairly quickly. Plays like Halo 4 except with lower health, easier head shots (which are king), and smaller and more vertical maps.

I regret using a warlock though - I find their double jump/float thing pretty annoying. I used a hunter in the beta and that suited my style much better...I don't want to go through the motions of leveling up another character tho yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

It was ok....but if there are only 5 maps and two game modes (so far that's all I've seen), I can see it getting boring fairly quickly. Plays like Halo 4 except with lower health, easier head shots (which are king), and smaller and more vertical maps.

I regret using a warlock though - I find their double jump/float thing pretty annoying. I used a hunter in the beta and that suited my style much better...I don't want to go through the motions of leveling up another character tho yet.
I probably won't play it then, I wasn't big on Halo 4. I think my next FPS appearance will be on Halo: MCC.

My first glance at Destiny I wasn't too impressed. However, I gave it another shot and now I'm really liking it. I come from playing COD almost exclusively (never liked the old Halos), but I'm liking Destiny so far. I'm only level 11 at the moment though. I tried one crucible match and got my ### kicked, but the missions and the strike teams are fun and I like working to unlock better and better gear. I'll probably keep leveling up in this until COD Advanced Warfare comes out.

I'm IndyMark007 on XB1 if anyone wants to add me to their friends list.

My first glance at Destiny I wasn't too impressed. However, I gave it another shot and now I'm really liking it. I come from playing COD almost exclusively (never liked the old Halos), but I'm liking Destiny so far. I'm only level 11 at the moment though. I tried one crucible match and got my ### kicked, but the missions and the strike teams are fun and I like working to unlock better and better gear. I'll probably keep leveling up in this until COD Advanced Warfare comes out.

I'm IndyMark007 on XB1 if anyone wants to add me to their friends list.
Added you...Xx Hawks64 xX

Really like the coop and party chat. Opened the box to level 20 in about 6 hours playing with 6 or more. You can get so creative with 6 in crucible. The rewards start dropping fast.

Anyone playing on PS4?m I'm at level 9 right now.

Getting absolutely steamrolled by level 25's.
You playing crucible already? I would wait a few lvls before doing that...I don't think your character's abilities are fully developed yet at level 9

Anyone have any pointers to finding a rare primary weapon? Preferably a Pulse rifle. I have rare everything else but that. Nothing dropping at the murder hole either.

thinking about picking this game up tonight. some background:

- loved Halo, GoW, and Borderlands 1 & 2

- [probably] only going to play in single player mode

- on Xbox360

with those parameters, is Destiny worth the $60?

I didn't know that dismantling old weapons gives you glimmer?
And if you dismantle uncommon weapons and armor you get much needed parts, dismantling armor gives you sapphire wire as well. Both are needed to upgrade rare, legendar and exotic weapons and armor.

We are going to need to get a roll call of the Xbox one guys here. Once you hit level 26 you get the vault of glass and you need 6 players to do it. It won't match you up with others. I have added two guys from this thread so far. Xx Hawks64 xX I am at level 22 now and trying to get the gear needed to get to 26.

Users who are viewing this thread