What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Destiny Thread *** Xbox One & PS4 (if we have to) (2 Viewers)

We are going to need to get a roll call of the Xbox one guys here. Once you hit level 26 you get the vault of glass and you need 6 players to do it. It won't match you up with others. I have added two guys from this thread so far. Xx Hawks64 xX I am at level 22 now and trying to get the gear needed to get to 26.
add me - Ryodan5

ETA: Disappointed Ender hasn't invited me to his fireteam yet. I thought we were friends :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm L20 now and am finding it almost impossible to move up. I am only Vanguard L1 and it looks like I have to get to L2 to be able to buy anything with light. I tried the daily strike yesterday and after dying 10-15 times at the Iron Line ambush on Venus gave up. WTF do I do to get to Vanguard L2 and/or find anything with Light?

Slider6 said:
I'm L20 now and am finding it almost impossible to move up. I am only Vanguard L1 and it looks like I have to get to L2 to be able to buy anything with light. I tried the daily strike yesterday and after dying 10-15 times at the Iron Line ambush on Venus gave up. WTF do I do to get to Vanguard L2 and/or find anything with Light?
You can get equipment with +Light randomly from doing stuff. I think most of mine came as rewards playing in the Crucible. I'm almost to 25 now.

hxperson said:
Hawks64 said:
We are going to need to get a roll call of the Xbox one guys here. Once you hit level 26 you get the vault of glass and you need 6 players to do it. It won't match you up with others. I have added two guys from this thread so far. Xx Hawks64 xX I am at level 22 now and trying to get the gear needed to get to 26.
add me - Ryodan5

ETA: Disappointed Ender hasn't invited me to his fireteam yet. I thought we were friends :kicksrock:
I will. I thought I saw you invite me to a party or game. But I was already dealing with 5 things (read: running for my life). You have an open invitation to join. Will favorite you. Been running with a core group of 4-5 and a loose collection of 10-12. We basically migrated from 360 BF4 together. They are all about 25. I finished the story and leveled up to 20 quick then basically stopped. Will get back on this weekend.

Slider6 said:
You can get equipment with +Light randomly from doing stuff. I think most of mine came as rewards playing in the Crucible. I'm almost to 25 now.
Dammit! I'm so not a fan of the Crucible.

This game needs Spankster. A scream followed by "OH C'monnnnnnnnn !!!". Never gets old. Although I already spend half my time falling out of my chair. This game is fuel for pure comedy.

Slider6 said:
I also got most of mine by playing the Crucible. If you prefer pve over pvp, then there are a few places that you can grind that are easily found online. Basically anywhere with lots of enemies that respawn, those with yellow health bars are best.

Best use for your glimmer is the Cryptarch guy. Buy the green stuff he sells, it increases your rep with him. With each rep gain, you get a legendary loot bag. Supposedly having higher rep with him also increases your engram hit rate as well.

Slider6 said:
Dammit! I'm so not a fan of the Crucible.
Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but here is a good grinding spot for pve: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-players-discover-treasure-cave/1100-6422470/

Slider6 said:
Go to the Murder Cave.....that's where I got most of mine from. As well as drops during strike missions.

Slider6 said:
Go to the Murder Cave.....that's where I got most of mine from. As well as drops during strike missions.
I'll probably go there today when I get home. I was going to go yesterday, but everything I read said to do the Daily strikes. Well, yesterday's was almost impossible for me.

Is there a fast way to up your vanguard reputation? I've read that doing Patrols is the best.

Slider6 said:
I'll probably go there today when I get home. I was going to go yesterday, but everything I read said to do the Daily strikes. Well, yesterday's was almost impossible for me.

Is there a fast way to up your vanguard reputation? I've read that doing Patrols is the best.
Did you do the daily strikes with friends? They are very hard to do alone, but not bad at all with a competent fireteam.

Can't believe they still haven't patched that cave yet!

Slider6 said:

Did you do the daily strikes with friends? They are very hard to do alone, but not bad at all with a competent fireteam.

Can't believe they still haven't patched that cave yet!
Nope. I'm on PS3, don't know anyone playing. It was a strike mission that was labeled as Heroic. Didn't see others going in teh same direction as I was so figured they were doing something else when I got there.

Slider6 said:

Try this map of the Cosmodrome, public events work the best for Vanguard from what I understand.

Slider6 said:

Try this map of the Cosmodrome, public events work the best for Vanguard from what I understand.
Cool, thanks!

So you wouldn't play crucible until what level?
I'm level 11 and it's not even a competition when I run into anyone above level 15. They just have much better armor/weapons and I get destroyed.
Isn't crucible an even playing field though?
:shrug: Doesn't feel like it.

ETA: When I unlock new weapons/armor aren't I wearing/using them when playing in the crucible?
I thought all weapons and armor were equalized in the crucible. I know that there is another PvP that you get to use all of your upgraded gear.

ETA just looked it up and I was wrong. You get to use your normal character.

Yeah the PvP thing just isn't going to work for me. I get one kill maybe two per session. That sucks since you get/can get great gear

I'm level 11 and it's not even a competition when I run into anyone above level 15. They just have much better armor/weapons and I get destroyed.
:goodposting:
For me it's not a competition facing anyone and I am level 22. I just am not good at fast moving targets, reason why I suck at stuff like COD, BF, etc.....
I'm horrible also but still find the Crucible to be relatively fun. That being said I prefer the PvE aspect of the game.

For me it's not a competition facing anyone and I am level 22. I just am not good at fast moving targets, reason why I suck at stuff like COD, BF, etc.....
I'm horrible also but still find the Crucible to be relatively fun. That being said I prefer the PvE aspect of the game.
I spend more time waiting for respawn than anything else so I don't find it fun at all. I like the hard strikes

I'm really bad at knowing who my enemy is and who my teammates are. I used to play SoCom a whole lot and you could accidentally kill your team. That was bad.

Played for 30 minutes last night. Enjoyed the "event" thing that popped up. Not sure how that happened though.
I was at the cave last night when the event started. That was fun. 4 or 5 high level guys all just annihilating enemies.

I'm really bad at knowing who my enemy is and who my teammates are. I used to play SoCom a whole lot and you could accidentally kill your team. That was bad.
Yeah at least you can't hurt teammates in Destiny or I would be kicked out!

Crucible isn't too hard....you just have to play it a bit more and during non-peak hours. During peak times its challenging because you are often up against larger groups of good players. I started off poorly as well but now I'm pretty decent at it. Had fun with the Crucible last weekend with Bakes, Drunkm0nkey, Zrath, and my buddy.

Isn't crucible an even playing field though?
:shrug: Doesn't feel like it.

ETA: When I unlock new weapons/armor aren't I wearing/using them when playing in the crucible?
I thought all weapons and armor were equalized in the crucible. I know that there is another PvP that you get to use all of your upgraded gear.

ETA just looked it up and I was wrong. You get to use your normal character.
Its even in terms of weapons and armor stats, but if you are a low level you don't have the same abilities, i.e. grenades and double jumping tweaks, as most of the other players.

Played for 30 minutes last night. Enjoyed the "event" thing that popped up. Not sure how that happened though.
I linked a map earlier that gives you the schedule of events on Earth.
is this everyday?

I want to get in on this more often.
There's a reddit post where a guy describes a loop you can do on Earth and just hit all the events every hour. I'll see if I can find it.

I linked a map earlier that gives you the schedule of events on Earth.
is this everyday?

I want to get in on this more often.
There's a reddit post where a guy describes a loop you can do on Earth and just hit all the events every hour. I'll see if I can find it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2gltxy/how_i_maxed_out_my_vanguard_marks_in_under_4/

Crucible isn't too hard....you just have to play it a bit more and during non-peak hours. During peak times its challenging because you are often up against larger groups of good players. I started off poorly as well but now I'm pretty decent at it. Had fun with the Crucible last weekend with Bakes, Drunkm0nkey, Zrath, and my buddy.
I am playing off peak and still get crushed....it's ok.

Uh-Oh Destiny patch.....did the loot cave get nerfed???
Looks like it.

• The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

Looks like it.

• The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)
There is always the Temple of Crota.....not as good and only single player but you can farm it.

ETA My guess is that they will be found somewhere else.

Looks like it.

There is always the Temple of Crota.....not as good and only single player but you can farm it.

Yeah, I didn't have as much fun at the Temple.

Looks like it.

Yeah, I didn't have as much fun at the Temple.
Flat out sucked.

So I just hit level 20 last night and I'm not exactly sure what to do next. I still have one Mars mission (I think) left to finish the story, but beyond that should I just focus on completing bounties and the daily/weekly strikes? It says I need to equip light armor to level up now, so let me know how to proceed. I prefer PvE, but I'd do some PvP if I was invited to a party.

I printed up the Reddit post on the vanguard marks farming loop on Earth so I guess I'll give that a shot as well.

And I have no idea what the Reef and the Queen's mission's are. I actually have a queen's bounty, but it doesn't even say what I'm supposed to do to complete it, just something like "kill a high-level target"

Still loving the game so far. BTW, I'm a Titan.

P.S. Apologies to Ryodan for ignoring his game invite a few days ago. I was halfway through a story so I wanted to finish it. Hit me up again and next time I'll accept.

Indy - google something like 'what to do after level 20'. Some excellent stuff on-line. I did the daily challenge and weekly challenge last night. Takes a fireteam of 3 21s to do a 22.

Ry - open invite to join the party and game. Tough to accept your invite when I'm 'running for my life' or 2 other guys in the fireteam are depending on me. The strikes can go 1 hour. We were about 45 minutes into it when you pinged me.

Completing all 6 queen's bounties unlocks queen's wrath strikes. Each of the 4 strikes delivers a legendary item.

Completing all 6 queen's bounties unlocks queen's wrath strikes. Each of the 4 strikes delivers a legendary item.
Nope, It opened for me after completing one bounty. The key is you need a Queen's order to do the kill order.

Users who are viewing this thread