What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Detroit Tigers Bandwagon *** (1 Viewer)

I ####### love this! Baseball hasn't been this good since Doyle Alexander was ruling the roost. :towelwave:

:hifive:
Do you happen to recall the name of the minor leaguer the Tigers traded to Atlanta to get Alexander?
Johnny boy and I didn't look beyond this question. :barbarogarbay:
Barbaro Garbey taught my daughter hitting at t ball camp last year!!!All aboard!!!!
My Fantasy Baseball team is John Wockenfuss Dinnerware. :bag:
Best Batting Stance Ever. Alomost as good as Tito Fuentes address at the plate.
Don Wert had a wild batting stance too (1968)

another wierd stance...

**** M
**** Mcauliffe is who I was thinking of. Nice catch Knocks :thumbup: I was at the 68 World Series (thank you Curt Flood) Yeah it was Mcauliffe that stood wide open, facing the pitcher.

Sign me up on the Bandwagon.
Me too :blackdot: :bye:
Tiger fans certainly won't be worried about Chicago all year. There is no reason to worry unless they are playing them. WS are the team to beat and there is no sense to even worry about what they are up to. Cleveland is a different story.

Detroit AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG Granderson, CF 6 2 3 3 0 2 1 .281 Polanco, 2B 5 1 1 0 0 1 2 .301 Rodriguez, C 6 3 4 1 0 1 0 .330 Ordonez, DH 4 3 3 2 0 1 2 .318 a-Infante, PH-DH 2 0 0 0 0 1 3 .259 Guillen, SS 4 3 3 5 0 0 1 .314 Santiago, SS 2 1 1 0 0 1 2 .214 Shelton, 1B 5 1 1 0 1 1 3 .337 Monroe, LF 5 2 3 1 0 1 2 .247 Gomez, RF 4 2 2 1 1 0 2 .240 Inge, 3B 5 0 2 2 0 1 4 .233 Totals 48 18 23 15 2 10 22   a-Struck out for Ordonez in the 7th.  BATTING2B: Shelton (6, Silva), Granderson 2 (5, Liriano, Nathan), Guillen (8, Liriano), Monroe (5, Liriano), Inge (6, Crain).HR: Guillen 2 (5, 1st inning off Silva, 2 on, 2 out; 3rd inning off Silva, 1 on, 1 out), Granderson (4, 2nd inning off Silva, 1 on, 2 out), Ordonez (5, 4th inning off Liriano, 0 on, 1 out).TB: Granderson 8; Polanco; Rodriguez 4; Ordonez 6; Guillen 10; Santiago; Shelton 2; Monroe 4; Gomez 2; Inge 3.RBI: Guillen 5 (17), Granderson 3 (9), Gomez (1), Ordonez 2 (14), Monroe (15), Inge 2 (12), Rodriguez (10).2-out RBI: Guillen 3; Granderson 3; Gomez; Monroe; Inge 2.Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Polanco 2; Gomez; Granderson; Inge 2; Shelton.Team LOB: 9.BASERUNNINGSB: Monroe (1, 2nd base off Silva/Mauer).FIELDINGDP: (Rodriguez-Inge). Detroit IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA Verlander (W, 3-2) 7.0 6 1 1 2 4 0 3.52 Seay  1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2.57 Grilli  1.0 1 0 0 1 0 0 5.59
18-1 :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
info on ****

Didnt he wreck Tommy Johns arm resulting in the "Tommy John Surgery".

Props to ****!
He did tear up the shoulder, but the surgery would come later.Here is a quote from Tommy John about the incident.

Tommy John

Everyone knows about my ligament transplant, but that wasn't my first serious injury. In 1968, I was 10-5 with a 1.98 ERA and pitching against the Tigers in August. A 3-2 pitch slipped out of my hand and sailed over **** McAuliffe's head. I didn't throw at him, but McAuliffe was yelling at me as he went to first, and he charged the mound.

My first thought was to tackle him. McAuliffe drove his knee into my left shoulder and separated it. Dr. Levinthal (the White Sox physician) wanted to operate, but I got a second opinion. The white Sox were quite upset about it, since no one did that in those days. They examined my shoulder in spring training in '69 and said it was good and tight.

I was pitching for the Dodgers in 1974, and I was 13-3 when the ligament was torn. Dr. Jobe told me what he was going to have to do. No pitcher ever had that kind of operation before. There was-no downside risk, since Dr. Jobe told me "If you don't have it done, you'll never pitch again."

Best start in 13 years and you are still in second place?

:whistle:

Should be a fun year in the AL Central.

:pickle:They're even winning the close ones for a change!Six in a row... 19-9

Detroit has the best ERA in the AL at 3.01, and the Tigers have allowed just five runs in their past six games. At 19-9, the Tigers are off to their best start since going 24-4 in 1984 en route to their last World Series title.
BTW... Jeff Weaver still SUCKS!

Don't get your hopes too high Tigers fans...

The White Sox OWN you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
while I'll agree that 3 of detroit's 9 losses are to the ChiSox, just having the Tigers do so well is a nice change. On Memorial weekend the tigers get the Yankees and RSox coming town, plus abig series with cleveland. After those three series if the Tigers are still in it, then it will be time to get Jacked Up!!!

What I'm lovin' is that the starting pitchers are averaging maybe 90 pitches per start. Very good managing to keep those pitch counts low early in the season here with some young arms.

Re the '68 Tigers: That was the year they pulled Mickey Stanley in from CF to SS for the World Series so that they could get all their best bats in the line-up (outfield of Willie Horton, Jim Northrup and Al Kaline, as I recall it). Stanley grew up in Grand Rapids, where he was high school athlete of the year. At that awards ceremony, he was getting teased for the time he spent helping his girlfriend babysit the neighbor's kids ...and I was one of those kids.

:oldguy:

I've had Rodney for a while now and I said that Jones would not be able to keep the closer role. Does it look like Rodney will get his chance at all?

I've had Rodney for a while now and I said that Jones would not be able to keep the closer role. Does it look like Rodney will get his chance at all?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was the team's first blown save of the year! Rodney should get one in four or five save opportunities for now. But since Leyland doesn't mess around, he'll put Rodney in the closer role if that is his best option.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was the team's first blown save of the year! Rodney should get one in four or five save opportunities for now. But since Leyland doesn't mess around, he'll put Rodney in the closer role if that is his best option.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure Todd Jones has 6 saves but look at these stats:7.1 Innings Pitched

10 Hits

5 Earned Runs

2 BB

2 K

Take away the blown save last night and he still carries a 3.86 ERA. Not what you want out of your closer. The H/IP ratio is not good for a closer.

The Tigers are clickin' on all cylinders.

I hope they keep it up... the White Sox will need some competition, as the Royals and Twins suck, and the Indians have been inconsistent since starting off strong.

Has CCC (roman numeral for 300) Sabathia pulled another 'fat muscle' yet? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread