What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Disc Golf Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty much throwing Graces, Terns, Halo RoadRunner and Escapes off the tee for distance. Vandals for controlled fairway driver shots.

Curious what weight you’re throwing?

A friend gave me a star-light wraith and I’ve only thrown it a few times but think it has potential.

I'm pretty much throwing Graces, Terns, Halo RoadRunner and Escapes off the tee for distance. Vandals for controlled fairway driver shots.

Curious what weight you’re throwing?

A friend gave me a star-light wraith and I’ve only thrown it a few times but think it has potential.
I'm throwing 175, 173 and 171 for the most part. I like trusting stability and straight to straight/hyzer finish. I do throw some big anhyzers with the vandal and a beat in Grace.

Timely thread. Took both my boys to play a round of disc golf yesterday for the first time. Figured at ages 11 and 9 they were about old enough to try. We played a short wooded course (2,739 ft total with every hole below 300ft). They used some of my discs (I havn't played since college and lost a lot of my discs through various moves, but found my old Hawk, Valkyrie and Orc) and they both enjoyed it. So much so that I went on Amazon and picked up two Mako3s for them to use the next time as their own discs to see if they continue to enjoy. Looking forward to building out my collection... again

Any other advice about discs suitable for younger players feel free to drop in. They both managed the Hawk pretty well and I remember using the Mako3 often in college so figured it's a good beginner disc for them. If they hate it, I'll try out those Dino Discs I've also seen mentioned in various posts.
One of my favorite discs is the Teebird or the TL. It is listed as a 'Fairway Driver' but I feel like it would be a great driver for a beginner. The Teebird is the original name of the disc and TL stands for 'Teebird Long'. It is a little more understable version of the Teebird.

I will also say that the Mako3 is another one of my favorite discs. I am currently bagging 2 of them.

Timely thread. Took both my boys to play a round of disc golf yesterday for the first time. Figured at ages 11 and 9 they were about old enough to try. We played a short wooded course (2,739 ft total with every hole below 300ft). They used some of my discs (I havn't played since college and lost a lot of my discs through various moves, but found my old Hawk, Valkyrie and Orc) and they both enjoyed it. So much so that I went on Amazon and picked up two Mako3s for them to use the next time as their own discs to see if they continue to enjoy. Looking forward to building out my collection... again

Any other advice about discs suitable for younger players feel free to drop in. They both managed the Hawk pretty well and I remember using the Mako3 often in college so figured it's a good beginner disc for them. If they hate it, I'll try out those Dino Discs I've also seen mentioned in various posts.
One of my favorite discs is the Teebird or the TL. It is listed as a 'Fairway Driver' but I feel like it would be a great driver for a beginner. The Teebird is the original name of the disc and TL stands for 'Teebird Long'. It is a little more understable version of the Teebird.

I will also say that the Mako3 is another one of my favorite discs. I am currently bagging 2 of them.
Interesting, I'll keep my eye out, appreciate the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread