What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Disc Golf Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Multiple signers of the Stockton statement are praising the decision (Cat and Kat). It’s kind of weird. I guess the tourneys are being reclassified as A-Tiers, but then Natalie can play them. So it’s odd.

Multiple signers of the Stockton statement are praising the decision (Cat and Kat). It’s kind of weird. I guess the tourneys are being reclassified as A-Tiers, but then Natalie can play them. So it’s odd.
I think that’s what they are doing with the Silver Series events, and then the DGPT is going to act like the FPO division doesn’t exist at those tourneys. No coverage, live or post, no DGPT points, etc.

For the Elite Series events, they are cancelling FPO if it’s in the “wrong” state, and working to move the event to a different state (same weekend) where they feel like a lawsuit from Natalie won’t happen because she won’t win.

Huge win for Cole! He’s a local favorite out here obviously. I’ve gotten to play a few rounds with him in league and have been on the same card with his dad in a few tournaments. Really a good kid and a nice family. I continue to be amazed how slowly and smoothly he throws the disc.

Huge win for Cole! He’s a local favorite out here obviously. I’ve gotten to play a few rounds with him in league and have been on the same card with his dad in a few tournaments. Really a good kid and a nice family. I continue to be amazed how slowly and smoothly he throws the disc.
Seemed like he'd been knocking on the door all season. The youth and depth in MPO is insane. I was a little disappointed Ohn couldn't get her first Elite series win.

Seemed like he'd been knocking on the door all season. The youth and depth in MPO is insane. I was a little disappointed Ohn couldn't get her first Elite series win.
There's a 16 year old kid out here, Dallas Gerber, who was playing MA1 and just turned pro. He won MPO this past weekend at a local C Tier and he got second a few weeks ago. One of the top 3 players out here, Chris Nelson, had to make a 40 foot putt on 18 to beat him. Kid is a beast.

My neighbor continues to ask my wife and I to join in with him and his wife's disc golf playing. I am a rather competitive guy so no matter what I play I usually have fun and enjoy the competition, but I'm really torn on playing. On one hand I think it could be fun, on the other I don't have any friends that play, only my neighbors and we get along with them, but they are a little off and sometimes awkward to be around so I don't know if I want to open the door to a more friendship over neighbor basis. Along with the costs to get started (any of the discs, etc) Should I bite the bullet and play with my awkward neighbor?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being not fun at all and no chance in hell I would play with someone awkward to 10 being the most fun ever and no matter who I play with, I am enjoying life, how fun is disc golf?

My neighbor continues to ask my wife and I to join in with him and his wife's disc golf playing. I am a rather competitive guy so no matter what I play I usually have fun and enjoy the competition, but I'm really torn on playing. On one hand I think it could be fun, on the other I don't have any friends that play, only my neighbors and we get along with them, but they are a little off and sometimes awkward to be around so I don't know if I want to open the door to a more friendship over neighbor basis. Along with the costs to get started (any of the discs, etc) Should I bite the bullet and play with my awkward neighbor?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being not fun at all and no chance in hell I would play with someone awkward to 10 being the most fun ever and no matter who I play with, I am enjoying life, how fun is disc golf?
Do it. If you like to throw the frisbee and hike....go play and check it out.

Maybe are less awkward while playing disc golf. And who knows, if you like it, you can just go out and start playing on your own.

Do it. If you like to throw the frisbee and hike....go play and check it out.

Maybe are less awkward while playing disc golf. And who knows, if you like it, you can just go out and start playing on your own.

Hack convinced me to play a round with him in Oct. 2020. I wasn't any good. I'm still not. I probably play 5-6 times a week, usually with by myself, sometimes with my dog, every so often with my kids or friends. I'm hooked. There's no question about it. I enjoy the solitude, the thrill of making a long putt, shaving my score down little by little. Should have started doing this years ago.

Hack convinced me to play a round with him in Oct. 2020. I wasn't any good. I'm still not. I probably play 5-6 times a week, usually with by myself, sometimes with my dog, every so often with my kids or friends. I'm hooked. There's no question about it. I enjoy the solitude, the thrill of making a long putt, shaving my score down little by little. Should have started doing this years ago.
My son and I have been out together 4 times in the last week - that has been great.

My son and I have been out together 4 times in the last week - that has been great.

Nice! I got my twins their own bags for their birthday. Need to get one for my daughter too, but she's very picky. It's been a real joy bringing them with me to play.

Nice! I got my twins their own bags for their birthday. Need to get one for my daughter too, but she's very picky. It's been a real joy bringing them with me to play.
Have you taken them to a disc golf store yet? If not, hit up All Day Disc Golf downtown.....or Disc Golf Depot out on Sandy by 205/84 (on the way to dabney). They will absolutely go wild.

Have you taken them to a disc golf store yet? If not, hit up All Day Disc Golf downtown.....or Disc Golf Depot out on Sandy by 205/84 (on the way to dabney). They will absolutely go wild.

Play it Again Sports has a nice skew of discs and have taken each of them there. My daughter bought a purple Sidewinder that I have been using while they're out of town. I was throwing it really well. She told me by text "Just don't lose it" when I told her I had been throwing it.

Whoops. Hole 3 at Greenway, just flung it way right and into the bog. I looked for 25 minutes, nothing. I'm hooped. I went to find a replacement, no dice. Trying to order one online, no purple. She's just going knee me in the giblets when I tell her.

Play it Again Sports has a nice skew of discs and have taken each of them there. My daughter bought a purple Sidewinder that I have been using while they're out of town. I was throwing it really well. She told me by text "Just don't lose it" when I told her I had been throwing it.

Whoops. Hole 3 at Greenway, just flung it way right and into the bog. I looked for 25 minutes, nothing. I'm hooped. I went to find a replacement, no dice. Trying to order one online, no purple. She's just going knee me in the giblets when I tell her.
Not sure what plastic you’re looking for but here is a One in star plastic

I lost my pink Sidewinder last month :(

I bought another one but it's not flying as well as the one I lost. Nothing is flying well right now. :kicksrock:

I bought another one but it's not flying as well as the one I lost. Nothing is flying well right now. :kicksrock:
i'm back in town tomorrow. Play Sunday?

NJDEP forcing the nicest course in NJ and one of the nicest in the world to permanently close.

This is completely outrageous. All because the winery owner next door doesn’t like the course (a winery owner who somehow was allowed to open a winery on a Green Acres piece of land while forcing a disc golf course to close for being “active recreation” on Green Acres land).

The state initially approved the course as passive recreation and none of the 3 previous state inspections over the last 11 years have noted it being a problem. But one millionaire winery owner complains and the NJ Department of Environmental Protection orders it shut down permanently.

What a total outrage.

Sorta difficult to follow MPO given the weather delay yesterday. I won’t be able to watch live until tomorrow but looking forward to everyone getting round 2 done today so we can take stock. I liked Isaac Robinson a lot coming into the tourney. Redalen continues his hot streak, looking good to be on lead card tomorrow unless a bunch of people go super low this afternoon

Tattar might win FPO by 20 strokes
She’s absurd. I know Paige had moments where she dominated like this, but FPO has arguably never been more deep and Kristin is like 70% favorite to win over the field every week. And it’s worse at the toughest courses. Nobody else is rock solid from both sides and a killer putter.

I swear Isaac Robinson is the anti-Nico. Lines up and casually flips a putt in in under 15 seconds pretty much every time.
The circle 2 ones are just ridiculous. I know this comes with an incredible amount of repetition and practice...but he makes it look so damn easy.

AND....no forehand! The dude's pre shot routine in all facets of his game is something to take notice. I'm tempted to get his new mid range. Been looking for a beefy mid that has some glide.

I swear Isaac Robinson is the anti-Nico. Lines up and casually flips a putt in in under 15 seconds pretty much every time.
The circle 2 ones are just ridiculous. I know this comes with an incredible amount of repetition and practice...but he makes it look so damn easy.

AND....no forehand! The dude's pre shot routine in all facets of his game is something to take notice. I'm tempted to get his new mid range. Been looking for a beefy mid that has some glide.
His game feels so uncomplicated. Not a lot of crazy shot shapes. Just hits his gaps and nails his putts.

player of the year?

calvin heimburg 2 elite wins (1 silver) the rest podiums
isaac robinson 2 majors
gannon buhr 3 elite
simon lizotte 2 elite
other?

Kenny Climo...they champ, in the booth is weekend! (or maybe just today.) Glad to see him back in the public eye.

Timely thread. Took both my boys to play a round of disc golf yesterday for the first time. Figured at ages 11 and 9 they were about old enough to try. We played a short wooded course (2,739 ft total with every hole below 300ft). They used some of my discs (I havn't played since college and lost a lot of my discs through various moves, but found my old Hawk, Valkyrie and Orc) and they both enjoyed it. So much so that I went on Amazon and picked up two Mako3s for them to use the next time as their own discs to see if they continue to enjoy. Looking forward to building out my collection... again

Any other advice about discs suitable for younger players feel free to drop in. They both managed the Hawk pretty well and I remember using the Mako3 often in college so figured it's a good beginner disc for them. If they hate it, I'll try out those Dino Discs I've also seen mentioned in various posts.

Get a Glitch for them. It's great to warm up with and throw neutral shots and its PDGA approved.

Lightweight roadrunner might be another option or Mamba. But really you probably want them throwing mid ranges, putters and maybe 7 speeds like a leopard or leopard3.

If you want to have some fun, check out the new Rollo by Innova. It's a 5 speed that is really understable for throwing shots and it's easy to throw a roller...hence the name.

Starting off my year with an A tier and a B tier.

Played in MA 40 a few weeks ago in B tier and took down 3rd place.

Had an A tier last weekend with 18 guys in MA50 and was able to grab another 3rd place podium finish. I really haven't played that great the last six months with more than half my tournament rounds under my rating. Putting has just been killing me.

I'm pretty much throwing Graces, Terns, Halo RoadRunner and Escapes off the tee for distance. Vandals for controlled fairway driver shots. I've got so many discs from tournament player packs and winnings I've got to go throw them more. But yet I just played 165+ holes in the last 11 days...playing 8 out of 11. lol

The Oregon whether is just so good this time of year. Never too cold and just a bit of rain here and there.

Get a Glitch for them. It's great to warm up with and throw neutral shots and its PDGA approved.

Lightweight roadrunner might be another option or Mamba. But really you probably want them throwing mid ranges, putters and maybe 7 speeds like a leopard or leopard3.

If you want to have some fun, check out the new Rollo by Innova. It's a 5 speed that is really understable for throwing shots and it's easy to throw a roller...hence the name.

You mean this one for Glitch? And you can catch it? Is there a putter you recommend? I never used one when I was playing around in college, but I never really got serious.

Yeah, that’s the one. They are very lightweight compared to most golf discs which makes them catchable, the plastic is on the soft side as well. They will hold a line and actually behave like a golf disc should at those weights which is atypical. Good disc for kids to play around with and learn how to throw.

Putters are pretty much all personal preference in terms of what feels good in your hands, so tough to recommend anything specific. Best bet is to go to a local shop and hold a bunch and see what you like. First thing to decide is if you like putters with a bead on them or if you like beadless, then go from there.

Yes agreed about putters. Can't recommend any. Find the plastic type that feels good in your hand and then see if you a bead around the rim or not.

Judge, Aviar, PA3, Luna are all popular choices to maybe start with.

Users who are viewing this thread