What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Disc Golf Thread*** (1 Viewer)

7 year old has the disc golf bug after just one round. Now his brother wants me to take him out for a round, so I'll do that this weekend. So happy!

Little man made a putt from about 20 feet out on hole 5 and he reacted like he won a car on the Price is Right. :lmao:

My happiest of happy places right now, and I don't do it enough, is when my 18yo son and I get 9-18 holes in. He is struggling with everything in life right now, college, his place in this world, new ADHD diagnosis, and so he has mainly shut himself off from everyone and everything, either sleeping or stoically playing the same video games over and over.

But on the course, he is confident and fun loving. He praises my rare good shots and takes pride when he outdrives me. We talk about nothing and everything. We high five and we fist bump. Neither one of us are good and we play slow, but I make sure we don't hold anyone up and we have the best time.

Last edited:
7 year old has the disc golf bug after just one round. Now his brother wants me to take him out for a round, so I'll do that this weekend. So happy!

Little man made a putt from about 20 feet out on hole 5 and he reacted like he won a car on the Price is Right. :lmao:

My happiest of happy places right now, and I don't do it enough, is when my 18yo son and I get 9-18 holes in. He is struggling with everything in life right now, college, his place in this world, new ADHS diagnosis, and so he has mainly shut himself off from everyone and everything, either sleeping or stoically playing the same video games over and over.

But on the course, he is confident and fun loving. He praises my rare good shots and takes pride when he outdrives me. We talk about nothing and everything. We high five and we fist bump. Neither one of us are good and we play slow, but I make sure we don't hold anyone up and we have the best time.

Awesome to hear, GB.

Hack leading MA50 by a stroke after round 1, guys!

Thanks for the support guys! I ended up in third place. I came out of the gate and played the best two competitive rounds I've ever played. That put in a position to have a chance to win and still grab a podium finish while kind of fading down the stretch.

Round 1 - Dexter Park - 7 birdies! putting was on point and I was parking all my technical woods shots. Just made a few bogeys on 2 of the last three holes

Round 2 - Circle Bar (golf course) - Crazy windy open course tucked in a giant meadow...it was gorgeous. My rating was as high on this round but I felt like I played even better. I made three 2's and made several clutch putts from 20 to 25 feet in 15 to 20 mph winds. (there is footage of the MP 40 round on PDGA Youtube with Philo and Cale if you want to get an idea of what that course was like)

Round 3 - Camp Serene (short, technical, wooded). I was -1 under at the turn and then my putting completely failed me.

Round 4 - Back to Dexter Park - All players were here for the final round...so I'm warming up next to Ohn, Jennifer Allen, Sarah Hocombe, JohnE McCray. Talk about nerves! Came out hot and was -2 after 10 and then just failed miserable on some really simple shots. Trying to take chances to catch the leader but then I dropped to third as I just really messed up some easy shots. The guy who got second was probably 99% from Circle 1 all week and has won 45 tournaments in his career. The old guys are savvy and can flat out putt. That's where I lost it.

But what a great experience!! Had lot's of local (and online) support!

On the other end of the barbell, I was able to take the twins out Sat morning with the dog and they had a blast. I let them pick out some discs, write their names on them and they thought that was cool. Then yesterday, I was able to take a very pouty little 10 year old girl who didn't want to do ANYTHING but fume at the world with me to play 9. Only took two holes for her to get out of her funk and she damn near made a shot into the basket from 25 feet out and jumped with excitement. Yada yada yada, I think of got a new activity to do with my kids before they turn into teenagers and hate me.

That's awesome, Hack! How did you like Eugene? I really enjoy it down there.

We had a blast in Eugene. I got an Airbnb over on the west side of town. 18th and Chambers roughly. We were busy most of the time traveling to and from the courses, but we found time to hit the Beer Stein once or twice! My lady grew up in Cottage Grove and used to come into Eugene a lot when she was a kid so we did some driving around and reminiscing. All and all...a great time.

i played a few warm up rounds with Tim Selinski back in the day. at 93 worlds i made a splash in the open division and he loved me because our last names are almost identical.

check out the insane field for the zootown open, dgpt's silver series event next weekend.

rooting for my pal McCoy Connor who got in thru a qualifier last month. 6/top 10 players in dgpt, 10/ top 20,

no mcbeth, wysocki, orum, proctor, klein, gossage,

Last edited:
highly honor to see the top pros here on my home course, 3 rounds at Blue Mountain.

the dgpt called us to host it here, partly because of convient location between the pacific NW and the mid west, but mostly because of the reputation the course and event have.

Last edited:
highly honor to see the top pros here on my home course, 3 rounds at Blue Mountain.

the dgpt called us to host it here, partly because of convient location between the pacific NW and the mid west, but mostly because of the reputation the course and event have.
Hell...i might go watch Tattar play vs. some of the guys. Watching the women play is a lot closer to what I can do and how I play vs. the men...that's for sure.

Looks like an amazing course!

Hell...i might go watch Tattar play vs. some of the guys. Watching the women play is a lot closer to what I can do and how I play vs. the men...that's for sure.

Looks like an amazing course!

perfect time to visit/gallery/play the mosquitos have not emerged, the temps are perfect and the flowers are in bloom.

And I absolutely prefer watching FPO coverage for exactly that reason. There’s literally nothing I can take from watching Calvin Heimberg chuck an Eagle 450 feet without it ever getting more than 15 feet off the ground. I could practice the rest of my life and I’ll never have that shot.

But I literally learned my most reliable distance shot by seeing Ohn come into the 2022 season with a new flex forehand she could get out to 350 feet.

And I absolutely prefer watching FPO coverage for exactly that reason. There’s literally nothing I can take from watching Calvin Heimberg chuck an Eagle 450 feet without it ever getting more than 15 feet off the ground. I could practice the rest of my life and I’ll never have that shot.

But I literally learned my most reliable distance shot by seeing Ohn come into the 2022 season with a new flex forehand she could get out to 350 feet.
Speaking of Ohn. I got to warm up next to the lead FP40 card on Sunday in Eugene. Nailing putts next to Ohn, Jennifer Allen, and Sarah Holcomb.

I got this picture with Ohn on Saturday and she signed my Scoggins Tour Series Halo Tern.

Just discovered a pitch-and-putt about 30 minutes from our place. It's a great change of pace, 18 ace runs strung together with unique shots for each. Loved it the time we played it, need to go back.

I've played for 10 years, but took a big hiatus. I'm back now playing 2-3x a week. Such a high skill ceiling to the game, it amazes me how I can find incremental improvements still to this day. And mrs. hags loves it too. Tuesday is a dg day for us, hoping the weather is good for it this afternoon.

My main discs out of my bag this season have been Hades, GStar Tee Bird, Buzzz and Judge.

Just discovered a pitch-and-putt about 30 minutes from our place. It's a great change of pace, 18 ace runs strung together with unique shots for each. Loved it the time we played it, need to go back.

I've played for 10 years, but took a big hiatus. I'm back now playing 2-3x a week. Such a high skill ceiling to the game, it amazes me how I can find incremental improvements still to this day. And mrs. hags loves it too. Tuesday is a dg day for us, hoping the weather is good for it this afternoon.

My main discs out of my bag this season have been Hades, GStar Tee Bird, Buzzz and Judge.
Nice...love short courses and ace runs!!

I know I have mentioned the Team match play league before. 8 person team consisting of 7 guys and 1 female. It’s a great format and the team aspect adds a great level of camaraderie and **** talking.
I had an uneven season but have had moments of good play. Last night was the first round of the playoffs and I had a tough match up. I finally played a complete round of golf and was up 3 holes with 3 to go.
I stepped up to the tee on a slightly uphill 365 hole and piped my drive to 15 feet and hit the putt to seal the match. It’s been almost 2 years since I had that distance and it feels so good to occasionally revisit that.
Hope to keep it rolling in the semi’s next week.

UDisc is great for live updates. I’m pretty sure the DGPT uses it for official scoring so it’s updated in real-time. Reddit is the best place for general discussion in my experience, and there is always a discussion thread for each event specifically, like the one you linked for Des Moines

With the rise in popularity, people just don't return discs that much any more. We have a nice Lost and Found FB page for Portland. But I'd guess my return rate on lost discs over the past 2 years is only 10%. And yes I do some incredibly stupid things when I lose discs, so many times it's my fault. But I've thrown plenty of bad shots, even had discs fall out of my bag that I never got a call back. /rant

With the rise in popularity, people just don't return discs that much any more. We have a nice Lost and Found FB page for Portland. But I'd guess my return rate on lost discs over the past 2 years is only 10%. And yes I do some incredibly stupid things when I lose discs, so many times it's my fault. But I've thrown plenty of bad shots, even had discs fall out of my bag that I never got a call back. /rant

Noticed this as well. I'm down about 5 discs this sping/summer and they all have my name and number on them. On the other hand, I've got this Sphynx in my bag and I've texted its owner twice asking how I can help return it to him/her and crickets. Too bad I can't throw it to save my life!

Not just a west coast thing. I recently lost my favorite 3x JK aviar putter and knew there was no hope of getting it back. :sadbanana:

And It’s no surprise when I call owners and they say I lost that disc 2 years ago and an entirely different course.

Selfish people suck :kicksrock:

Noticed this as well. I'm down about 5 discs this sping/summer and they all have my name and number on them. On the other hand, I've got this Sphynx in my bag and I've texted its owner twice asking how I can help return it to him/her and crickets. Too bad I can't throw it to save my life!
I have some discs for you my friend! Let's shoot to play this Sunday?

I have some discs for you my friend! Let's shoot to play this Sunday?

I'd love that! I miss you. Plus, I'm not the worst discer on the planet anymore!

I was talking about match play and our season once again ended with a loss.
More painful as we had to forfeit one match as we were short players and I recently broke my big toe and played in a walking boot.
We played Angry Beaver Longs which is ridiculously challenging in the best conditions and dang near impossible throwing standstill midranges all round.
Oh well always a great time seeing people and playing DG on a Monday night.

UDisc is great for live updates. I’m pretty sure the DGPT uses it for official scoring so it’s updated in real-time. Reddit is the best place for general discussion in my experience, and there is always a discussion thread for each event specifically, like the one you linked for Des Moines

udisc, really? i could only find their blog and nothing.

With the rise in popularity, people just don't return discs that much any more. We have a nice Lost and Found FB page for Portland.

With the rise in popularity, people just don't return discs that much any more. We have a nice Lost and Found FB page for Portland.

thanks.

yeah thats the score. im thinking more like weather updates, schedule changes, tournament chatter. you know more logistical stuff.

thanks.

yeah thats the score. im thinking more like weather updates, schedule changes, tournament chatter. you know more logistical stuff.
The DGPT website will post the bolded and it ends up on udisc live pretty much right away. Tournament chatter reddit is best imo

Users who are viewing this thread