What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Discussion of US Politics Resulting From The Ukraine Conflict *** aka Discuss what Donald and AOC said/tweeted here here (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Don't need the other thread polluted with posts not related to what's happening in Ukraine.  Discuss what Trump said or how hurt/improved his chances to be president again here.  Also discuss how weak Biden is or how smart Mitts was here.

great idea

While you are starting threads another good idea , imo, would be a dedicated thread for media like livestreams and YouTube interviews. 

Personally I think Trump was out of bounds and this will hurt him if he decides to run again.

Did anyone see his appearance on Inghram (sorry if I spelled her name wrong)

This is all on Biden.   End of story.

He encourage the attack by reducing the US sources of energy, and abandoning Afghanistan.    It is nowhere near as complex as some proselytizing.

Is it true that Trump somewhat jokingly told Putin that if he went sniffing around Ukraine, Trump would bomb Moscow and that it would be a shame if all those beautiful buildings in Moscow were turned to rubble? 

Biden says let's wait a month and see what happens. 

As Russian forces invade Ukraine, Russian TV features Donald Trump, Mike Pompeo and Tucker Carlson praising Putin. 

Putin is evil. Every American watching what’s happening in Ukraine should know that.

—Liz Cheney
Somehow I see that visual of the Russian TV in a democratic campaign ad if Trump runs.  Can’t say I would blame them either.

The mystery “surprise guest” at AFPAC tonight was Marge Greene.

Here she is welcomed by their leader, white nationalist, Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

And posted in other threads, here is the clip of America First PAC attendees chanting their support for Putin and Russia.

Some of the worst America has to offer on full display…

So, now the only groups supporting Putin are China and the extreme right wing in America.
@ekbeats is that a significant number?

Here she is welcomed by their leader, white nationalist, Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

And posted in other threads, here is the clip of America First PAC attendees chanting their support for Putin and Russia.

So, now the only groups supporting Putin are China and the extreme right wing in America.
Oddly enough, the only conservatives I hear saying anything about this really unamerican display is to whatabout something Maxine Walters said about Trump.

This is truly crazy town. 

A couple thousand idiots is a couple thousand idiots, among other things.  What it’s not is a “significant” portion of the Republican Party.  The same applies to Antifa, Nation of Islam, etc.  

Marge Greene now claims that when she went as the headline speaker to the America First rally last night, she didn’t know what they were about.

She didn’t know anything about their leader who invited and introduced her....

..and EXCUSE ME!.....  just went because she cares about young people.

Twitter Thread from The Hoarse Whisperer (Rolling Stone)

Someday, historians will look back at the last two weeks and recognize that Biden and American intelligence outing Putin’s plans to fabricate a cause of war was a major historic domino.

It led to Putin’s unhinged rant about restoring imperialist Soviet Russia…

…which in turn shocked, scared and woke up even Putin’s “friends” to the danger he poses.

“Sometimes you have to enlarge a problem to solve it.”

Putin enlarged it by revealing Ukraine to be merely part of his imperialist plan to destroy Eastern Europe as we know it.

A couple thousand idiots is a couple thousand idiots, among other things.  What it’s not is a “significant” portion of the Republican Party.  The same applies to Antifa, Nation of Islam, etc.  
fair enough…do you believe party leaders should call that behavior out as bad?  

Asha Rangappa Twitter

"Now would be a good time for news outlets to revisit (in detail) Paul Manafort’s efforts in Ukraine on behalf of pro-Russian interests and why the FBI was clearly justified in trying to figure out what he was up to in the Trump campaign in 2016."

Oh, and that Trump pardoned him...

"It could also be a good time to ask Sen. RonJohnson and others (Rudi) why they were parroting Russia’s claims that Ukraine, not Russia, interfered in the 2016 election."

Just Security Article from August, 2020

"Senator Ron Johnson has been laying the groundwork to undertake Ukrainegate 2.0: An attempt to accomplish through a congressional hearing what President Donald Trump was unable to achieve through his quid pro quo to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, namely, to put Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, under a cloud of suspicion before the country votes this November."

I don’t understand why AOC is in the title of this thread. Did she say something controversial about this war? 

Thanks. Never heard of this . Appreciate the info 
Marjorie Taylor-Green was the Keynote speaker…

Claims she never heard of Nick Fuentes, the guy that invited and introduced her…

Nick Fuentes was photographed hanging out with fellow white supremacist, Baked Alaska, in the Capitol on J6.

Fuentes was also a big presence at the Charlottesville white supremacist rally.

Thanks. Never heard of this . Appreciate the info 
Ronna McDaniel statement on Marjorie Taylor Greene appearance last night at Fuentes event: “White supremacy, neo-Nazism, hate speech and bigotry are disgusting and do not have a home in the Republican Party.”

CPAC not much better….

Will Hild—Former deputy director at the Federalist Society is making jokes at CPAC about Hillary Clinton killing her critics and covering up the murders.

Same Hillary that has been investigated for years and testified in public for 11 hours…

What office is She running for?

Sheesh, talk about living in their heads…

I think it's interesting to ask, who do the Russians prefer in office?

Daily Beast

As for Putin’s biggest cheerleader, former U.S. President Donald J. Trump, who described the Kremlin’s moves in Ukraine as “genius,” Putin’s men in Moscow anxiously await his return as their sole hope for relief from rapidly accelerating Western sanctions—which will soon include the disconnection of Russia’s biggest banks from a global messaging system known as SWIFT.

During his Friday broadcast, amid tense discussions of Western sanctions, Soloviev theatrically looked down at his watch and asked: “Is Trump coming back soon?”

H/T to @cosjobs

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand why AOC is in the title of this thread. Did she say something controversial about this war? 
1. Insert a Dem of your choosing. Although you and I probably agree on our disdain for Trump, there are people here with differing opinions. 

2. She previously attacked a great American who has done more to help Ukraine than AOC will ever dream about. 

Thanks for bringing your lowest form of discussion to the lowest form of discussion thread. 

1. Insert a Dem of your choosing. Although you and I probably agree on our disdain for Trump, there are people here with differing opinions. 

2. She previously attacked a great American who has done more to help Ukraine than AOC will ever dream about. 

Thanks for bringing your lowest form of discussion to the lowest form of discussion thread. 
OK. Thanks for clarifying your reasoning and your opinions. I will withdraw from further discussion in this thread. 

Who did she attack who helped Ukraine?  What did I miss?

The take from a very Trump-centric board is that the media is lying and that the Russians are doing everything they want against very little resistance.

It's amazing how one person has turned a significant group of people into believing that nothing they see or read is real unless it comes from his mouth.

Crazy times. 

The take from a very Trump-centric board is that the media is lying and that the Russians are doing everything they want against very little resistance.

It's amazing how one person has turned a significant group of people into believing that nothing they see or read is real unless it comes from his mouth.

Crazy times. 
What??

They were talking about gun control and people needing and taking up arms in Ukraine and said "could you imagine an invading army trying to occupy America? It could never happen they would be out gunned by the civilians"

If those vehicles drove though Chicago`s east side they would look like swiss cheese.

Last edited by a moderator:
While planning for the Ukraine invasion, I have to believe that Putin was really counting on Trump getting in a 2nd term and the West and NATO being divided.  It was a major miscalculation on his part.  He would have been better off trying this in 2019.

Trump is seen as a friend to Putin, tough on NATO, and fairly indifferent to the Ukraine.  There is no way we would be getting the united response to the Russian invasion that we are seeing right now.  From Trump's previous actions regarding Putin, I would think there would be a minimal response from Trump, and the sanctions would be fairly muted compared to what they are right now.  You might have even heard Trump talk about how Russia had some very valid arguments for invading the Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread