What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Discussion of US Politics Resulting From The Ukraine Conflict *** aka Discuss what Donald and AOC said/tweeted here here (1 Viewer)

I think it has to be a huge political win for Biden, and loss for trump, if Ukraine wins the war, no?
Not so much a political win. The public doesn’t really care about stuff like this unless our own soldiers are involved, so I can’t see Biden benefiting politically.

But I think it demonstrates why Biden is superior to Trump in terms of foreign affairs. And it isn’t a red vs blue thing, because I’m 100% confident that every Republican US President in modern times, prior to Trump, would have behaved exactly the same way that Biden did. Some of them, like Reagan, might have gone even farther in their support for Ukraine and NATO.

No this is not a red vs blue thing and it’s ironic that I was accused of that in the other thread. It’s an isolationist vs internationalist thing, and nationalist vs globalist thing. Hopefully the results here will reinforce to thoughtful Americans which side we should be on.

I think it has to be a huge political win for Biden, and loss for trump, if Ukraine wins the war, no?
Not so much a political win. The public doesn’t really care about stuff like this unless our own soldiers are involved, so I can’t see Biden benefiting politically.

But I think it demonstrates why Biden is superior to Trump in terms of foreign affairs. And it isn’t a red vs blue thing, because I’m 100% confident that every Republican US President in modern times, prior to Trump, would have behaved exactly the same way that Biden did. Some of them, like Reagan, might have gone even farther in their support for Ukraine and NATO.

No this is not a red vs blue thing and it’s ironic that I was accused of that in the other thread. It’s an isolationist vs internationalist thing, and nationalist vs globalist thing. Hopefully the results here will reinforce to thoughtful Americans which side we should be on.

How can you even have this position? Tens of thousands of people have died, millions have been displaced. Yet Biden is superior to Trump in foreign affairs? What equivalent situation are we comparing here?

How can you even have this position? Tens of thousands of people have died, millions have been displaced. Yet Biden is superior to Trump in foreign affairs? What equivalent situation are we comparing here?
Do you think Trump could have prevented the Ukraine war?

Do you think Trump could have prevented the Ukraine war?

I'm not going to deal in hypotheticals. The only evidence we have is that Putin didn't invade the Ukraine during the Trump years.

Rather than Biden vs Trump, it’s really more like Nixon and Ford and Carter and Reagan and Bush Sr. and Clinton and Bush Jr. and Obama and Biden…vs Trump.

Forget.Biden. What I’m telling you is that being pro-NATO and pro- international commitments is superior to being isolationist and nationalist.

I wasn’t necessarily disagreeing with your position, I just didn’t agree with the thread you placed it in.

Here’s a fascinating thread that appears to support your position re: the long-term strategic wins the US may get from all of this. We’ll see if it manifests itself like this in the years to come:

I've been watching this guy and his wife on YouTube for about two years now. They have a channel and talk about learning English from movies. Also about life in Russia I started watching these before the war.

He is Russian and from what I can tell a regular guy. I watched this tonight and found it interesting. He is talking about the mobilization and draft in Russia.

I've been watching this guy and his wife on YouTube for about two years now. They have a channel and talk about learning English from movies. Also about life in Russia I started watching these before the war.

He is Russian and from what I can tell a regular guy. I watched this tonight and found it interesting. He is talking about the mobilization and draft in Russia.

I have been watching them also, thanks to a recommendation from a poster. I’m a little surprised they are still making videos.

I have been watching them also, thanks to a recommendation from a poster. I’m a little surprised they are still making videos.
Yea me too. I figured the government would have shut them down by now. He doesn't really talk politics alot maybe that's why. In this one he was saying him and his family are buying airline tickets to travel but he is not sure they will let them leave. I'm thinking they may be trying to get out before he is drafted.

Are the economic sanctions and organizing nations to isolate Russia too strong of actions on our part?
Practicing Nuclear Bomb Sharing

The Steadfast Noon exercise will practice a controversial arrangement known as nuclear sharing, under which the United States installs nuclear equipment on fighter jets of select non-nuclear NATO countries and train their pilots to carry out nuclear strike with U.S. nuclear bombs.

The arrangement is controversial because the United States as a party to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) has promised not to hand over nuclear weapons to other countries, and the non-nuclear countries in the sharing arrangement have promised not to receive nuclear weapons from the nuclear weapon states. In peacetime the nuclear weapons are under U.S. control, but the arrangement means that they would be handed over to the non-nuclear country in war time. The arrangement was in place before the NPT was signed so it is not a violation of the letter of the treaty. But it can be said to violate the spirit and has been an irritant for years.

What would you say about NATO countries running exercises to arm non-nuclear countries with US nukes and strike with their fighter jets? The US practicing great restraint and diplomacy?

Are the economic sanctions and organizing nations to isolate Russia too strong of actions on our part?
Practicing Nuclear Bomb Sharing

The Steadfast Noon exercise will practice a controversial arrangement known as nuclear sharing, under which the United States installs nuclear equipment on fighter jets of select non-nuclear NATO countries and train their pilots to carry out nuclear strike with U.S. nuclear bombs.

The arrangement is controversial because the United States as a party to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) has promised not to hand over nuclear weapons to other countries, and the non-nuclear countries in the sharing arrangement have promised not to receive nuclear weapons from the nuclear weapon states. In peacetime the nuclear weapons are under U.S. control, but the arrangement means that they would be handed over to the non-nuclear country in war time. The arrangement was in place before the NPT was signed so it is not a violation of the letter of the treaty. But it can be said to violate the spirit and has been an irritant for years.

What would you say about NATO countries running exercises to arm non-nuclear countries with US nukes and strike with their fighter jets? The US practicing great restraint and diplomacy?
Dangerous waters we are in. I wouldn’t want anyone launching nukes on our behalf or us using someone as a proxy.

There is no good answer here as Putin created this disaster. Ultimately I wouldn‘t support launching nukes into Russia but where does this stop if Putin doesn’t share this mindset about Ukraine?

Users who are viewing this thread