What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than you can't rig a national election he has a point.
If you have the media keep reporting or covering the same thing it becomes self fullfilling prophecy.  

All the buzz is with Trump.  Hillary's not drawing flies.  Her game plan of saying and doing nothing and letting the media bash Trump for being mean is going to backfire.  

Polls vs poll....hmm, which one is the proper term to use when just referencing one single poll?
So rather than discuss the information you decide to take a pot shot at the poster to make yourself look??? Better?

You folks need fresh air, fresh water, and some fresh sun rays, that's all I can tell you  :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, starring Manafort, Hannity, van Susteren, Lewandowski, the blonde "Trump supporter" chick from CNN, possibly Palin. Run by Ailes & Breitbart, and featuring guest appearances by the Orange Leader himself.
This will separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to those currently working for Fox.

Bottom line might feature most recent live twitter feed from The Big Orange.

If you have the media keep reporting or covering the same thing it becomes self fullfilling prophecy.  

All the buzz is with Trump.  Hillary's not drawing flies.  Her game plan of saying and doing nothing and letting the media bash Trump for being mean is going to backfire.  
That's still not a "rigged" election.

And if the "game plan" backfires that's not rigged either.

So rather than discuss the information you decide to take a pot shoot at the poster to make yourself look??? Better?

You folks need fresh air, fresh water, and some fresh sun rays, that's all I can tell you  :ph34r:
The poll may be considered an outlier because of "questionable methodology" per Nate Silver.

Why in the world should we discuss the information if the source is flawed and has not been replicated by the established reputable polling organizations?

So rather than discuss the information you decide to take a pot shot at the poster to make yourself look??? Better?

A pot shot? The person claimed someine was gaining in the polls...when it was one poll that was shown to have long been an outlier.

That is now a pot shot?

Oof

Just because the monster truck show draws 40,000 people doesn't mean Truckasaurus should run for governor.

Is this where our resident Trumpies are going next? Election rigging? Who's been better at this than the GOP? You could make a better case that the nation's incarceration rate and the reluctance of some states to reinstate felons' voting rights after release are more effective than anything the Democrats are doing. We won't even mention the current "North Carolina African-American Voter Suppression Act."

A pot shot? The person claimed someine was gaining in the polls...when it was ine poll that was shown to have long been an outlier.

That is now a pot shot?

Oof
You could have posted something like "That's just one poll, do you have examples of others? I was under the impression that Donald was still trailing in many other polls"

But you didn't do that and now you're offended by what I posted...I'm not coming after you personally so don't act that way. Everyone in here does it, that's why it's a terrible place to discuss anything meaningful in politics. 

This is actually a fascinating discussion board item.  Until now I had never heard of any men that were voting for Hillary. Almost all of my circle of friends have at least a bachelors so we are not a bunch of slack jawed yokel Klansman that CNBC would have you believe.    Granted we live in a flyover state.  It just intriguing to find out if someone has a compelling reason to vote for Hillary other than hating Trump.     

It appears you won't find it on this board. 

You could have posted something like "That's just one poll, do you have examples of others? I was under the impression that Donald was still trailing in many other polls"

But you didn't do that and now you're offended by what I posted...I'm not coming after you personally so don't act that way. Everyone in here does it, that's why it's a terrible place to discuss anything meaningful in politics. 
How am I offended?  Why would anyone be offended by the stuff you post?

You claimed i took a pot shot with something so tame...seems you are a bit sensitive and shouldn't be telling others how to post or to go get some some sun and fresh air.

So you feel like Trump is already planning his exit speech or defeat speech? "It was rigged"

You feel like he won't go quietly into the night?
He's not planning anything, he's coming up with excuses in his brain for why polls might not favor him.

The first thing that occurs to him, he thinks must be so, because he cannot imagine being incorrect.  

So he imagines something might be rigged, he spits it out without considering if it's possible or likely, and people cheer, confirming to himself that what he said is so.

You can see him make #### up on the spot, and convince himself this new idea is correct as he says it.

Anyone pull up the video from when this bonehead said Hillary and Obama co-founded Isis?  Watch that video.  You can see it come out of his mouth, he considers it for a millisecond, and you can see him confirming to himself, yeah, yeah that's right, they co-founded Isis.  

He's not planning anything ahead beyond three seconds ahead.  Because he's too stupid.

This is actually a fascinating discussion board item.  Until now I had never heard of any men that were voting for Hillary. Almost all of my circle of friends have at least a bachelors so we are not a bunch of slack jawed yokel Klansman that CNBC would have you believe.    Granted we live in a flyover state.  It just intriguing to find out if someone has a compelling reason to vote for Hillary other than hating Trump.     

Hillary sucks, you won't get much argument from anyone there (Tim, squis, and a few others excepted). But she sucks in a normal slimy self-centered politician kind of way. Trump believes in stuff like nuclear proliferation and defaulting on the national debt -- he's about 5 standard deviations outside of the normal "crappy politician" spread and genuinely might cause the entire world to explode.

I am not voting for Hillary...unless it appears the race is close come Nov.

How am I offended?  Why would anyone be offended by the stuff you post?

You claimed i took a pot shot with something so tame...seems you are a bit sensitive and shouldn't be telling others how to post or to go get some some sun and fresh air.
Don't spin it MOP, it's clearly you all as I haven't been in here for a week on purpose, first thing I saw when I entered was your post so I picked that one. 

I'm not trying to disparage anyone but I am encouraging folks to leave this alone as it really isn't helping anyone in their life right now. All it does is stress you out and make you verbalize all the hateful things you despise in this country or someone from the other side of the aisle. 

We're never going to get anywhere until we start listening and acknowledging people and why they feel as they do. And since none of that is going to happen, especially here, makes all this mental masturbation a waste of time. 

Trump Pres, Clinton Pres, my students will be just as bad off and thinking the system has it in for them...and it does but I can't tell them that. 

Don't spin it MOP, it's clearly you all as I haven't been in here for a week on purpose, first thing I saw when I entered was your post so I picked that one. 

I'm not trying to disparage anyone but I am encouraging folks to leave this alone as it really isn't helping anyone in their life right now. All it does is stress you out and make you verbalize all the hateful things you despise in this country or someone from the other side of the aisle. 

We're never going to get anywhere until we start listening and acknowledging people and why they feel as they do. And since none of that is going to happen, especially here, makes all this mental masturbation a waste of time. 

Trump Pres, Clinton Pres, my students will be just as bad off and thinking the system has it in for them...and it does but I can't tell them that. 
I

I

I

Me

My

Me

Me

Me

The feelings that have led to the rise of Trumpism exist, and feelings in and of themselves may be misguided, but they are intrinsically legitimate. Trump himself as a candidate is not, and isn't deserving of serious discussion or thought. He doesn't take his own campaign seriously in any way, so why should the rest of us? The whole thing has been a giant exercise in attention hooring and building his personal brand.

Hillary sucks, you won't get much argument from anyone there (Tim, squis, and a few others excepted). But she sucks in a normal slimy self-centered politician kind of way. Trump believes in stuff like nuclear proliferation and defaulting on the national debt -- he's about 5 standard deviations outside of the normal "crappy politician" spread and genuinely might cause the entire world to explode.
I'm confident enough that he won't win that I'm voting 3rd party as mainly a protest vote. Simply staying home isn't enough, the % of each needs to be well under 50% to highlight what crappy choices our "2 party system" gave us.

I am not voting for Hillary...unless it appears the race is close come Nov.
Don't get me wrong. I have not ruled out Johnson. I would like to see him in the debates but we may not get that chance.  I think if Johnson pulls 20% both parties have to take notice.  

Trump will win a majority of white men with college degrees. These degrees do not preclude them from making a stupid decision, which voting for Trump clearly is. In any examination of the issues and of the candidate's character and qualifications, Trump comes out markedly inferior to his opponent. If you and your friends aren't thinking along these lines, then you're just not thinking hard enough.

So you feel like Trump is already planning his exit speech or defeat speech? "It was rigged"

You feel like he won't go quietly into the night?

And now you understand why folks are voting for him. I'm not trying to start nothing 3C, but the very reasons you hate him, folks love him for it. You do understand this isn't just a crazy man in the middle of the field with 3 KKK members standing around him?...I know it gets painted that way at times but it's not reality whether we like it or not.

I'm not here to create iWars but the understanding of why folks flock to Trump is what amazes me more than the results.  

Don't get me wrong. I have not ruled out Johnson. I would like to see him in the debates but we may not get that chance.  I think if Johnson pulls 20% both parties have to take notice.  
No doubt. I hope he can get to the required 15% to be in the debates but I'm not counting on it.

Trump will win a majority of white men with college degrees. These degrees do not preclude them from making a stupid decision, which voting for Trump clearly is. In any examination of the issues and of the candidate's character and qualifications, Trump comes out markedly inferior to his opponent. If you and your friends aren't thinking along these lines, then you're just not thinking hard enough.
Wat?

A month ago Trump was getting his clock cleaned by the smarties I thought. 

Are you white with a college degree RK1292?

Hillary holds a commanding lead in almost all categories except older white males and uneducated white males, do both of these groups cover your entire social sphere?

And now you understand why folks are voting for him. I'm not trying to start nothing 3C, but the very reasons you hate him, folks love him for it. You do understand this isn't just a crazy man in the middle of the field with 3 KKK members standing around him?...I know it gets painted that way at times but it's not reality whether we like it or not.

I'm not here to create iWars but the understanding of why folks flock to Trump is what amazes me more than the results.  
Well, yes, but on this board it is a crazy man in the middle of the field with Eminence, MOP and Hell Toupee standing around him.

Men, maybe. Whites with college degrees overall? No. He's getting murdered with women.

This does nothing to explain why people "love" him. He flat out said that if Hillary wins PA it's because it was rigged. He very clearly thinks if he loses the election it will have been rigged. He even feels he will win some traditional blue states. Not gonna happen. Not gonna happen. And I'd expect that to be tweeted, raised in his "concession" speech (which won't be a concession).

This does nothing to explain why people "love" him. He flat out said that if Hillary wins PA it's because it was rigged. He very clearly thinks if he loses the election it will have been rigged. He even feels he will win some traditional blue states. Not gonna happen. Not gonna happen. And I'd expect that to be tweeted, raised in his "concession" speech (which won't be a concession).
It's not Trump but the mask most have been forced to wear in this country to look like good Americans in the 2000s.

I'm at a point where I want to talk to the people who claimed they were GOP and are now homeless or looking at Johnson as a viable option...I'm not going to convince any one of you to vote for Trump but I am interested where everything went so wrong for you all. 

Last summer you knew there were just a handful of viable options and I'm sorry but John Kasich never had a fire under his campaign and was never anyone's radar until it was way too late in the process. 

The sad reality is Ted Cruz seemed like an electable official, still trying to wrap my head around those supporters and if they all were truly Cruz supporters or just cast offs who had nothing after their candidate fell off. 

Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Jeb!...what did you think was going to happen, this isn't a surprise and the reaction of people who feel like they were traumatized somehow is laughable. Lazy people who never participate in politics beyond simple voting found themselves outraged...well now maybe use some of that outrage to start a new movement...all I see is Trump hate which doesn't serve much purpose. 

If Trump were elected and got out of line, House and Senate would impeach him by the end of the day if he gets out of control. I don't understand why those who claim they are GOP supporters are so scared of Donald Trump...you survived George Bush, War in the ME and Obamacare in the last 16 years, you can handle anything. 

It's not Trump but the mask most have been forced to wear in this country to look like good Americans in the 2000s.

I'm at a point where I want to talk to the people who claimed they were GOP and are now homeless or looking at Johnson as a viable option...I'm not going to convince any one of you to vote for Trump but I am interested where everything went so wrong for you all. 

Last summer you knew there were just a handful of viable options and I'm sorry but John Kasich never had a fire under his campaign and was never anyone's radar until it was way too late in the process. 

The sad reality is Ted Cruz seemed like an electable official, still trying to wrap my head around those supporters and if they all were truly Cruz supporters or just cast offs who had nothing after their candidate fell off. 

Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Jeb!...what did you think was going to happen, this isn't a surprise and the reaction of people who feel like they were traumatized somehow is laughable. Lazy people who never participate in politics beyond simple voting found themselves outraged...well now maybe use some of that outrage to start a new movement...all I see is Trump hate which doesn't serve much purpose. 

If Trump were elected and got out of line, House and Senate would impeach him by the end of the day if he gets out of control. I don't understand why those who claim they are GOP supporters are so scared of Donald Trump...you survived George Bush, War in the ME and Obamacare in the last 16 years, you can handle anything. 
The hard right/evangelical swing is what killed them for me. This is not the party of Reagan any more.

Is the system preventing them from studying their books and paying attention in class?

What the sam hell does this have to do with what was posted?

The reasons people hate Trump is why people are voting for him?

So, people are supporting him because he is a childish insulting tiny man who has zero clue about the issues?  Those seems like strange reasons to pick a President.

cstu said:
I assume he's referring to the title, but felons losing their right to vote is a big issue for black people. 

IMO it's absolutely ridiculous that someone loses their right to vote due committing a crime that they have paid their dues to society for.
Your quotes weren't from the article, were they?

And, in any event, your quotes still didn't say all blacks are felons, as Gucci posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread