What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
irishidiot said:
If you want to change the laws on the books say so.   If you want to ignore the laws on the books say so.  If you like the laws on the books say so.   In your own sweet time of course.
1. I thought I did.

2. I thought I did.

3. I don't.

What thread do you think you're in?
The thread where on multiple occasions, people have offered to discuss Trump's policies, if only he had some. I don't support Trump as a person but he has clearly taken on some Republican ideas that are worth discussing and I think this is one.

So who does not agree that Catch and Release should be done away with? Besides Tim.

timschochet said:
But overall the way to solve illegal immigration is to let tons more people in here legally. 
So.....the way to cut out illegal home invasion is to remove the front doors of homes?

yeah, that makes so much sense

The biggest surprise of the Trump ####show might be the fact that possibly the most devastating burn of him to date came from ... Garrison Keillor? Who could have predicted that?  Charles Pierce, sure. Frank Rich, maybe.  But getting your ### handed to you by Garrison Keillor?
I hate Garrison Keillor. I may have to vote for Trump now. Yes, the hate is that strong for that ####### stupid ### prairie home companion stupid show. 

For the Hillary fans that want me to vote for her. Where does she stand on Catch and Release? I've spent some time on Google and can't seem to find out. Admittedly, most of the "release" parts of the search focus on her emails but if a pro-Hillary supporter could lead me to something that confirms her position on this topic, it might help me in my decision.

tia

Just saw my first Trump commercial.  Or was 30 seconds.  Not one policy idea presented.  All it amounted to was:

"Donald Trump goooood....Hillary Clinton...baaaaaaaad.

What a ####### joke this guy is.

The thread where on multiple occasions, people have offered to discuss Trump's policies, if only he had some. I don't support Trump as a person but he has clearly taken on some Republican ideas that are worth discussing and I think this is one.

So who does not agree that Catch and Release should be done away with? Besides Tim.
Be more specific. 

I Think everybody agrees that the current immigration system is antiquated and needs reform. Many of Trump's ideas, criteria, etc are simply unAmerican. We should welcome basically everybody who wants to come here and we should make coming here legally simplier. Then we can focus on any criminal or nefarious element and how best to handle it.  

That does not mean open borders, or no vetting, or no process.  It does mean a path to citizenship for people here though  

This is a nation of immigrants and every generation puts doen the current wave of them.   Sad. 

Be more specific. 

I Think everybody agrees that the current immigration system is antiquated and needs reform. Many of Trump's ideas, criteria, etc are simply unAmerican. We should welcome basically everybody who wants to come here and we should make coming here legally simplier. Then we can focus on any criminal or nefarious element and how best to handle it.  

That does not mean open borders, or no vetting, or no process.  It does mean a path to citizenship for people here though  

This is a nation of immigrants and every generation puts doen the current wave of them.   Sad. 
I am being specific and not talking about an overall immigration philosophy. Do you agree with the Catch and Release policy that allows illegals that are caught to only have to claim that they've been in the country since before  2014, without having to show proof, for them not to be arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am being specific and not talking about an overall immigration philosophy. Do you agree with the Catch and Release policy that allows illegals that are caught to only have to claim that they've been in the country since before  2014, without having to show proof, for them not to be arrested.
I am not the droid you are looking for, as I am not a Hillary fan, and I think Catch and Release was always stupid.

Very low energy reading from a script.  Sad.  I think he's using his finger so he doesn't lose his place in this speech somebody wrote for him

Had an encounter at the grocery store with a Trump supporter this am.  He was stocking the shelves (shocking I know) and was talking to a customer I assume he knew about how crooked Hillary was and how Bill cheated on her and how it made him sick.  This older lady walked by and said something to the effect of "you shouldn't be so loud about your really negative opinions since some of the customers don't agree."  He went on for a minute about his rights, god's on his side, etc.  The lady was calm as could be and just walked away saying, "I hope you have a nice day and stop saying such negative things about people you don't even know."

So Trumpers hate Clinton because Bill cheated on Hillary too?  This is a big deal?  When they support scum like Trump, I'm really shuked that they think cheating is an issue at all.

For the Hillary fans that want me to vote for her. Where does she stand on Catch and Release? I've spent some time on Google and can't seem to find out. Admittedly, most of the "release" parts of the search focus on her emails but if a pro-Hillary supporter could lead me to something that confirms her position on this topic, it might help me in my decision.

tia
Now see...that depends on what group she's talking to at the time...HTH

Seriously who the #### cares? Illegal immigration has gone way down in recent years. It's not a significant source of violent crime. It costs you NOTHING as a taxpayer (actually they're a net benefit, and to catch and NOT release would cost us tons of money). 

I just dont get why this is such a priority issue for some people. It's only a problem in your head. 

Seriously who the #### cares? Illegal immigration has gone way down in recent years. It's not a significant source of violent crime. It costs you NOTHING as a taxpayer (actually they're a net benefit, and to catch and NOT release would cost us tons of money). 

I just dont get why this is such a priority issue for some people. It's only a problem in your head. 
what a load of BS

Had an encounter at the grocery store with a Trump supporter this am.  He was stocking the shelves (shocking I know) and was talking to a customer I assume he knew about how crooked Hillary was and how Bill cheated on her and how it made him sick.  This older lady walked by and said something to the effect of "you shouldn't be so loud about your really negative opinions since some of the customers don't agree."  He went on for a minute about his rights, god's on his side, etc.  The lady was calm as could be and just walked away saying, "I hope you have a nice day and stop saying such negative things about people you don't even know."

So Trumpers hate Clinton because Bill cheated on Hillary too?  This is a big deal?  When they support scum like Trump, I'm really shuked that they think cheating is an issue at all.
Apparently cheating only counts when you cheat as President.

Also, Hillary deserves all the blame because she refused to do the honorable thing and divorce her husband like Trump's first two wives did.

It's all explained in the Bible somewhere.

timschochet said:
Well of course. But one sure fire way to prevent crime is to have a population that doesn't commit crime. And every study shows that undocumented people commit  far less crime than do American citizens. So in general they're safer to be around. 
I found a quote from 1807 I think you'll find amusing.

Since the failure of the motley conspirators on the other side the Atlantic, almost every ship from Ireland has come to us laden with the refuse of rebellion, It is not, that the people are Irish; it is, that they are the very stench and corruption of Ireland. No one can entertain a higher opinion of the virtuous and well informed part of that nation, than I do; but of that part we have the fortune to see very few. Instead of these, greater part of those, that swarm to infest our shores, are like vermin, bred from putridity; to our country equally troublesome, dangerous, and disgraceful
The more things change....

I found a quote from 1807 I think you'll find amusing.

The more things change....
When Ireland sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

tia
So here's the thing. Illegal immigration is way down on my priority list of #### that is wrong with this country. Granted I live in the Northeast. And my encounters with Hispanic immigrants (whether illegal or otherwise - I don't ask) have been unequivocally pleasant and positive. They are often in service roles - painters, cleaning services, etc. I don't ask to see their papers or ask their employers what their status is. I don't care. I don't know what Hillary's stance on Catch and Release is because it doesn't matter to me, so I never bothered to look. It has no bearing on my vote in November. I have absolutely no idea why illegal immigration is like the NUMBER ONE issue for apparently a large number of voters in this country and it is a bit odd from my perspective. Outside of this message board, I can't say I've ever had a conversation IRL regarding illegal immigrants with anyone I know. I have a guess why this is such a big issue for Trump supporters, but I'll keep my opinions to myself.

And from everything I have read, illegal immigration seems to be in decline.

So maybe no one is biting on this "policy discussion" because a lot of people who are not voting for Trump have illegal immigration way down on their priority lists also, and think there are much more important issues to be discussing. 

So here's the thing. Illegal immigration is way down on my priority list of #### that is wrong with this country. Granted I live in the Northeast. And my encounters with Hispanic immigrants (whether illegal or otherwise - I don't ask) have been unequivocally pleasant and positive. They are often in service roles - painters, cleaning services, etc. I don't ask to see their papers or ask their employers what their status is. I don't care. I don't know what Hillary's stance on Catch and Release is because it doesn't matter to me, so I never bothered to look. It has no bearing on my vote in November. I have absolutely no idea why illegal immigration is like the NUMBER ONE issue for apparently a large number of voters in this country and it is a bit odd from my perspective. Outside of this message board, I can't say I've ever had a conversation IRL regarding illegal immigrants with anyone I know. I have a guess why this is such a big issue for Trump supporters, but I'll keep my opinions to myself.

So maybe no one is biting on this "policy discussion" because a lot of people who are not voting for Trump have illegal immigration way down on their priority lists also, and think there are much more important issues to be discussing. 
Was too lazy to type this out. Exactly my thoughts. Illegal immigration is about number 10 on my list. If you want to build a wall waste a ton of money that's fine I guess. Huge waste of money, resources, but whatever. But to get this excited and this be your number one thing is so weird to me.

Even Trump was almost making fun of it months ago. He said something like "the crowd will be bored but all I have to do is talk about the wall and the mouthbreathers go crazy". Maybe adding the mouthbreathers part but it was implied :lol:

So everyone cared enough to bash Trump for the speech he made on immigration but when I try to bring up a point for a little more discussion all of a sudden people aren't interested in the topic. Gotcha. And the rest will just ignore the question because maybe they actually find themselves in agreement with Trump and they don't want to admit it. It really was nothing more than a simple question to generate some conversation because I would like to hear some opinions on it because I actually value the input from both sides on issues here. Especially from people who are affected by it because they live closer to the border.

I'm on my phone but I'll give it a shot...

- we should have a more secure border. We can do this without a wall

- a vast majority of people who came here illegally are law abiding and want to make a better future for themselves - these people should be allowed to stay and earn legal status

- those who commit serious crimes should be removed from the country.  Those who commit minor crimes should be given be given a second chance but if convicted again should be deported

I am here in Northern California in the middle of Ag country and even here, it is not that big of an issue.

timschochet said:
Well of course. But one sure fire way to prevent crime is to have a population that doesn't commit crime. And every study shows that undocumented people commit  far less crime than do American citizens. So in general they're safer to be around. 
By Hillary's standard, everyone should go to heaven.

The Devil: "I'm with her."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread