What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an idiot.

@realDonaldTrump: Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

Thank you, President Obama!

Finally, the biggest thanks of all is reserved for Barack Obama.

Thank you Mr. President! Thank you for crapping on our economy and giving us the worst recovery from a recession in modern American history.

Thank you for hiking most of our health care insurance premiums by double digits and cancelling our insurance plans. Also making deductibles so high that even the people that get Obamacare free cannot afford to use it.

And thank you for opening our borders and insisting that American citizenship means absolutely nothing — that the entire world is entitled to stroll on in and take advantage of the unprecedented generosity of Americans.

The hard truth is that it was your relentless attempts to push a right-leaning country into liberal, kooky, fantasy-land that generated a historic Republican backlash that has now left American governorship's, state houses, the U.S. Congress, the U.S. Senate, potentially the Supreme Court, and the presidency solidly in Republican hands.
:bow:

My facebook rant...

After a humble acceptance speech and a reportedly great meeting with President Obama promising to work together to move the country forward, Trump just couldn't help himself and re-emerged on Twitter:

@realDonaldTrump: Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

That's not how you bring people together and start to heal the wounds of a bitter campaign season. You just ensured even more protests in the streets, hopefully none of which turn violent.

Stop fostering this culture of victimhood. Stop blaming the media for being against you, the very same media that made you giving you countless hours of free coverage while you spouted your divisive rhetoric for months on end.

Grow up and become the leader of all Americans you claimed you were going to be in your acceptance speech. If you can't handle the job, can't go 5 minutes without jumping onto Twitter to whine about being treated unfairly, then you are clearly unfit for the job and should step aside.

Last edited by a moderator:
My facebook rant...

After a humble acceptance speech and a reportedly great meeting with President Obama promising to work together to move the country forward, Trump just couldn't help himself and re-emerged on Twitter:

That's not how you bring people together and start to heal the wounds of a bitter campaign season. You just ensured even more protests in the streets, hopefully none of which turn violent.

Stop fostering this culture of victimhood. Stop blaming the media for being against you, the very same media that made you giving you countless hours of free coverage while you spouted your divisive rhetoric for months on end.

Grow up and become the leader of all Americans you claimed you were going to be in your acceptance speech. If you can't handle the job, can't go 5 minutes without jumping onto Twitter to whine about being treated unfairly, then you are clearly unfit for the job and should step aside.
:lol:  

Just heard Trump is taking the whole family out to celebrate the big win by enjoying popcorn and a movie. They'll be front row center this evening watching Trolls. He's going to be sad when he finds out it's not a biography of his life. Look for an unfair tweet in about 90 minutes.

I really don't care if he sends out tweets all through his Presidency. If anything, it will be entertaining.

My biggest fear, stated well before the election, is that he will try to use the power of the Presidency to impose a dictatorship. Yes I know a lot of people find this laughable. But a lot of Trump's statements during this campaign have hinted at just that. It's why a lot of political scientists, and many in Europe, consider him to be a neo-fascist (or just plain fascist.)

The rational part of my mind tells me this will never happen, that even if he wanted it, our institutions are too strong to let it happen. But this is the fear that keeps me up at night.

I really don't care if he sends out tweets all through his Presidency. If anything, it will be entertaining.

My biggest fear, stated well before the election, is that he will try to use the power of the Presidency to impose a dictatorship. Yes I know a lot of people find this laughable. But a lot of Trump's statements during this campaign have hinted at just that. It's why a lot of political scientists, and many in Europe, consider him to be a neo-fascist (or just plain fascist.)

The rational part of my mind tells me this will never happen, that even if he wanted it, our institutions are too strong to let it happen. But this is the fear that keeps me up at night.
Hillary made up a lot of things to scare people, like Trump setting off a nuclear bomb minutes after he becomes POTUS.  I doubt he will that.

Never happen. He can cause plenty of damage without going anywhere near that far.

C'mon libs, Trump's not setting off any nuclear weapons. Get a grip & give him a chance. He hasn't even taken over yet & you're living in your fears.

A guy I work with thinks he will never give up the Presidency. 
Starting with Clinton, some people have posted each time the 8 yrs was almost up, that they wouldn't leave office(Clinton, Bush, Obama).

Leeroy Jenkins said:
So this is what I was worried about most. This was from a good friend of mine today:

For all of those complaining about political posts the last few days and that don't want to here others opinions....consider this: 

My children returned to school today (granted in Mississippi) to the most vile comments this world has to offer - 

"Trump won, go home ni@@ers"
"No more brown people"

Among other things...well let me say this flatly...this post is not about my opinion. This post is about my ####### family. Our life. 

My sweet six year old asked me recently if there was a place for her in Donald Trump's America after seeing the Khan commercial. Sad to say, I cannot definitively answer that question. 

Trump won, I get it. But if his rhetoric doesn't change, if the dog whistles don't stop, we've all lost. 

He tapped into unearthed the worst in people. If you don't get that, please stop following me. We have literally zero in common.  Seriously, I won't be offended. 

But the harmful people coming out from the shadows are disturbing and disgusting. Trump's got a lot of work to do to earn my trust.
You tell them that this kind of abuse will not be tolerated when President elect Trump takes over. These last remnants of racial division that your children will have suffered under the Obama administration be gone in a couple months. 

No but I believe in the Supreme Court going conservative for the next few decades

I believe in getting rid of Obamacare

I believe in rolling back ALL of Obama's illegal executive actions

I believe in getting rif of ALL of Obama's far left wing appointees

I believe in Jeff Sessions as the Secretary of Defense

I believe in  Rudy Guiliani  as the Attorney General

I believe in Ben Carson as the  Education Secretary

I believe in David Clarke as the head of Homeland Security

I believe in Myron Ebell as the EPA administrator

I believe in Victoria Lipnic as the Labor Secretary  

I believe like Obama said, elections have consequences 
This one stands out as particularly silly. Carson is a non-apologetic young-Earth creationist, isn't he?

Isn't it bad enough Trump denies climate change entirely, instead thinking it's a CHinese hoax?

I'm willing to give Trump a chance, but moves like this won't earn him any extra rope

You tell them that this kind of abuse will not be tolerated when President elect Trump takes over. These last remnants of racial division that your will children have suffered under the Obama administration be gone in a couple months. 
Hey we all hope you're right. Forgive my skepticism though.

Loan Sharks, I agree with you that racial division has increased over the last decade, but while you seem to want to attribute that to Obama, I attribute it mostly to a much simpler factor: the rise of cell phone cameras. My view is that police mistreatment of minorities has always been around, but it's stressed now more because videos go right to social media.

We had a President who, IMO, tried to see both sides of this very complicated issue (and often as a result came off pleasing nobody.) Now, though, we're going to get a President who, based on his campaign pledges, mostly sees the police side- he wants to strengthen police power with policies like stop and frisk. I believe the result will be even more protests and violence than we had in the last 8 years. I see some bloody times in the streets ahead. I hope I'm wrong.

As a high school teacher, there are kids worried about Trump. They are black, Muslim, immigrants, etc. Kids aren't morons. They know Trump has said negative things about Mexican people, mass deportations, banning Muslim immigration, tweeted racist things. Obviously they are concerned about him winning. 
Well at least the poor rural kids aren't scared anymore since they don't have a president that thinks they are irredeemable and non american. I am sure as a teacher you straightened them right out by letting them know that none of them were getting deported since they are citizens and they are not immigrating to the country so there worries are unfounded. 

This is all part of MAGA. Looking forward to his facebook page and instagram updates from the situation room.
It will be like he is including the people in the process of government. I think it is great that he is continuing the legacy of transparency that the democrats have laid the foundation for.  :thumbup:

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
I don't know what problem you think I'm a part of.  I've had a bunch of conversations with my kids since the election.  I don't think I've done anything to scare them.

With that said, I view "everything will be fine" as sort of a cop out.  I don't feel that way myself and I'm not interested in lying to my kids.
Democrats survived Reagan Bush, Republicans survived Clinton, Democrats Survived Bush, Republicans survived Obama.

YOU WILL SURVIVE TRUMP! Get a grip. People always act like this. Although this time the tantrum is pretty bad.

What an idiot.

There is footage of seditionists getting off a fleet of buses together. I guess he is a idiot, it was not professional organized, a bunch of people just randomly happened to get on the same private buses and were all going to the same location and just spontaneously burst into infringing on peoples rights, totally of their own accord and were in no way incited. Anyone who would think that is anything other than a coincidence is so dumb!

Trump has spent his entire lifetime exaggerating and blustering for effect, a key part of his overall bullying. He was never intending to deliver on even a third of what he was promising.

So what does he intend, and what doesn't he?

Tim you have my personal pledge, when Trump starts rolling the tanks against the people I will hide you from the government political prisoner roundup troops and keep you from being sent to a political prison presumably to be built in Victorville. 

Hillary made up a lot of things to scare people, like Trump setting off a nuclear bomb minutes after he becomes POTUS.  I doubt he will that.
I seriously doubt this is all some elaborate scheme by the billionaire playboy who has it all to off himself with suicide by nuke. 

Tim you have my personal pledge, when Trump starts rolling the tanks against the people I will hide you from the government political prisoner roundup troops and keep you from being sent to a political prison presumably to be built in Victorville. 
Thank you. I kind of like Victorville though. Now if I have to go to Bakersfield (more than the 3-4 times a year I am forced to go there already) I might take you up on this.

Tim...you need to do something with your life if Trump keeps you up at night. 

There is footage of seditionists getting off a fleet of buses together. I guess he is a idiot, it was not professional organized, a bunch of people just randomly happened to get on the same private buses and were all going to the same location and just spontaneously burst into infringing on peoples rights, totally of their own accord and were in no way incited. Anyone who would think that is anything other than a coincidence is so dumb!
The media didn't incite anything. He did. Anyone who would think otherwise is bigly dumb.

Hey we all hope you're right. Forgive my skepticism though.

Loan Sharks, I agree with you that racial division has increased over the last decade, but while you seem to want to attribute that to Obama, I attribute it mostly to a much simpler factor: the rise of cell phone cameras. My view is that police mistreatment of minorities has always been around, but it's stressed now more because videos go right to social media.

We had a President who, IMO, tried to see both sides of this very complicated issue (and often as a result came off pleasing nobody.) Now, though, we're going to get a President who, based on his campaign pledges, mostly sees the police side- he wants to strengthen police power with policies like stop and frisk. I believe the result will be even more protests and violence than we had in the last 8 years. I see some bloody times in the streets ahead. I hope I'm wrong.
Cell phones and the police are a big part of it. My opinion in the hammering of identity politics over the same time period. has played a major factor as well.  The pres. Hills and the R's really like to separate people into groups in order to create that us versus them mentality. That has a lot to do with Trump success referring to Americans more often than segments makes a lot of Trump supporters think that the racial division will improve under him.   

Which of his promises are the most important to you?
You know what. This may be amusing to people and they may call me stupid, again. I don't expect him to keep any of his promises in the form he stated exactly. My stance is that the congress and senate make the laws, not the president, so by definitiion any campaign promise is just a suggestion, direction or goal as every "promise" has to be vetted changed and refined by others. 

But if I were to pick one that I would hope would come to fruition I guess it would be the campaign reform changes. I think one of the main reasons we have so many problems and got cancer of a candidate in Hillary and the chemotherapy Trump response is the government had gotten away from us a little bit and with the leaks and investigations show the depth of how the people have fallen off as a priority can be clearly seen now.  I think the lobbying, donation, finance and term limits will have a overarching benefit to all other aspects of his administration. 

Democrats survived Reagan Bush, Republicans survived Clinton, Democrats Survived Bush, Republicans survived Obama.

YOU WILL SURVIVE TRUMP! Get a grip. People always act like this. Although this time the tantrum is pretty bad.
More importantly, the country survived Rove and Cheney.  Trump shouldn't scare anyone compared to the Sith Lord.

More importantly, the country survived Rove and Cheney.  Trump shouldn't scare anyone compared to the Sith Lord.
My memory sucks, but my impression of the ridiculous reaction to re-electing Bush is that it was worse than the ridiculous reaction to electing Trump. I mean folks went nuts and apologized the whole wide world for days.

I did not vote for Trump but I'm giving him a chance. Hell, I'm a white man...on paper I stand to gain the most from a guy like him as President I suppose. I don't have to tell anyone IRL I did note vote for him either. Go with the flow. 

Is he really going to be able to do anything that is going to directly hurt me?Doubtful. If he loads the Supreme Court with conservative judges and they strike down Roe Wade will it do anything to me personally? Nope. Done having kids. If he kills the ACA? Nope. Got insurance from my job. If he deports a bunch of people and builds a wall? Nope. Me and my family is legal...

He seemed like he had a good meeting with Obama today and maybe actually respects the guy and might take some advice. Maybe some of it sinks in and the nuke fear ends up being unfounded. Maybe he works with Dems and a handful of republicans in congress on some issues and gets some stuff through that surprises everyone. 

Yeah it sucks some of the stuff he has said but maybe he was just trolling the alt right for their votes. 

It's hard to tell what's going to happen but I'm willing to give him a chance. Which is a lot more than most on the other side gave Obama. 

My biggest concern is the environmental policy.  Defunding clean energy, putting a climate change denier in charge of the EPA, selling off federal lands, removing regulations on polluters...those are things that can have long term impact well beyond 4 or 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread