What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (3 Viewers)

12-team, 20-man, Q RR WW F K D
PPR, 6pts all TDs, 0.02/0.1/0.1 for yardage
5 point bonus for 300/150/150 yardage

Team A received: Stroud, Nico Collins, James Cook

Team B received: Singletary, 1.04, 1.08, 1.09

From an entertainment angle it is always tough giving-up 3 #1's before the draft but absolutely give me Stroud-Collins-Cook...that is a big-time haul that will beef up any Dynasty roster in a dramatic way, especially since you did not have to touch your current roster except for Singletary who is very replaceable...outside of the fun of adding three #1's (and that fun is over the second the picks are made) I don't understand what Team B is trying to accomplish...Stroud-Collins and Cook are all still very young and if you could get 75% of what they already are with those picks that will be a good draft and if any of these picks are duds the downside of losing these 3 studs can haunt you for years...this is a heist...just an awful trade made for no reason.

You already detailed all the reasons here, simply a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Those guys are all young with what look like bright futures ahead. It’s not dumping aging Vets, those are guys you build around or sell high on for a big return if you want to cash out to add more assets. Thats not what this is, the 4 is the only high level asset in return, and it’s debatable if Bowers is really worth that in non-TEP. Rookie fever at work here IMO. Someones forgetting that traditional odds are maybe 1 of those picks hits, 2 if you’re lucky.

(Also just noticed no TE listed in the starting req, an oversight? If not TE req, this is even worse than I thought.)

Textbook "rookie fever" trade...the week before the draft will be the high point of this trade.

From an entertainment angle it is always tough giving-up 3 #1's before the draft but absolutely give me Stroud-Collins-Cook...that is a big-time haul that will beef up any Dynasty roster in a dramatic way, especially since you did not have to touch your current roster except for Singletary who is very replaceable...outside of the fun of adding three #1's (and that fun is over the second the picks are made) I don't understand what Team B is trying to accomplish...Stroud-Collins and Cook are all still very young and if you could get 75% of what they already are with those picks that will be a good draft and if any of these picks are duds the downside of losing these 3 studs can haunt you for years...this is a heist...just an awful trade made for no reason.
Yeah I’m on the players side here. Proven commodities for picks, and there’s no 1.01 or 1.02 here.

Easy call for me for Stroud, Cook, & Nico

You already detailed all the reasons here, simply a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Those guys are all young with what look like bright futures ahead. It’s not dumping aging Vets, those are guys you build around or sell high on for a big return if you want to cash out to add more assets. Thats not what this is, the 4 is the only high level asset in return, and it’s debatable if Bowers is really worth that in non-TEP. Rookie fever at work here IMO. Someones forgetting that traditional odds are maybe 1 of those picks hits, 2 if you’re lucky.

(Also just noticed no TE listed in the starting req, an oversight? If not TE req, this is even worse than I thought.)

Textbook "rookie fever" trade...the week before the draft will be the high point of this trade.
People who care more about the draft than the regular season are always a target for deals like this and never seem to actually keep good players once they have them and are always looking for the next new toy. Once you figure out these guys / gals you take advantage of it.

I think there’s a lot of overreaction to this deal, especially for an owner who just took over and is rebuilding.

The only player in this deal that I’d have hung on to is Stroud, and only because it’s a 6pt passing TD league. He should’ve dealt Richardson, whose rushing vakue gets severely degraded with this scoring format. Personally, while Nico and Cook are solid players, I don’t think either are league winners. And with three darts in the early/mid 1st round, that’s what I’d be hunting for. Could it backfire? Absolutely. But I also think there’s a chance that Stroud never elevates to ELITE (and in a in a QB league, no less), Nico is one of 30 comparable wideouts, and Cook gets usurped near-term by a more traditional running back, limiting his value significantly. But yeah, I would’ve held Stroud and moved Richardson. If that were the deal, I’d take the picks. As it stands, I’m fine with either side of this one. Definitely not egregious.

No, that's totally correct. You can only start 0-1 TE. I personally wouldn't draft Bowers north of the 3rd round. But our league treats RB like gold, so Brooks could be a tier ahead of anyone else at #4.

I think there’s a lot of overreaction to this deal, especially for an owner who just took over and is rebuilding.

The only player in this deal that I’d have hung on to is Stroud, and only because it’s a 6pt passing TD league. He should’ve dealt Richardson, whose rushing vakue gets severely degraded with this scoring format. Personally, while Nico and Cook are solid players, I don’t think either are league winners. And with three darts in the early/mid 1st round, that’s what I’d be hunting for. Could it backfire? Absolutely. But I also think there’s a chance that Stroud never elevates to ELITE (and in a in a QB league, no less), Nico is one of 30 comparable wideouts, and Cook gets usurped near-term by a more traditional running back, limiting his value significantly. But yeah, I would’ve held Stroud and moved Richardson. If that were the deal, I’d take the picks. As it stands, I’m fine with either side of this one. Definitely not egregious.
One counterpoint to the league settings being pro-gunslinger and anti-mobile QB is the passing yardage at 1pt/50. Granted there is the 5-pt bonus, but up until yard #300, you have only 5 pts from passing yardage, then it jumps to 11 points after the 300th yard.

One counterpoint to the league settings being pro-gunslinger and anti-mobile QB is the passing yardage at 1pt/50. Granted there is the 5-pt bonus, but up until yard #300, you have only 5 pts from passing yardage, then it jumps to 11 points after the 300th yard.
Yeah, didn’t catch that. That makes moving Richardson instead of Stroud an even easier decision.

Yeah, didn’t catch that. That makes moving Richardson instead of Stroud an even easier decision.
I think that weighs a small amount back in favor of Richardson vs Stroud, doesn't it? I mean 11 pts at 300 is fine, but aren't a lot of leagues 1pt/25 anyway, which would mean 11 is normal? Then in the games that you don't hit 300, you're way below a normal league.

You’re talking about 3 very young and talented players though. And in Stroud’s case, elite Level top 4 dynasty talent.

Those are the players a team rebuilds around.

And ok, let’s say it is a rebuild - that return just isn’t enough. Like I’d said above, if 1.01 is one of the picks I’m on board. But you’re not getting MH2 at 1.04

In 1-QB 1.04 just doesn’t inspire me to move those 3 assets for rookie dart throws.

I don’t see that as making a big deal over it so much as rationally evaluating it. In my opinion, the players side is much more attractive here to me.

Would be tough to disagree with this more...Stroud just had probably the greatest statistical rookie QB-year in NFL history...Nico Collins is 25 years old and just went for 80-1297-8 and is playing with Stroud and Cook is 24 and just went for 1122-2 rushing and 44-445-4 receiving...if your point is they aren't Jefferson and McCaffrey I agree with you (and good luck getting that type of player at 1.8 and 1.9) but these are the exact type of players you build a short term/long term championship Dynasty roster with.

I think that weighs a small amount back in favor of Richardson vs Stroud, doesn't it? I mean 11 pts at 300 is fine, but aren't a lot of leagues 1pt/25 anyway, which would mean 11 is normal? Then in the games that you don't hit 300, you're way below a normal league.
I guess I was approaching it from the perspective of Stroud should be hitting way more 5pt bonuses for 300 yards passing than Richardson will.

Would be tough to disagree with this more...Stroud just had probably the greatest statistical rookie QB-year in NFL history...Nico Collins is 25 years old and just went for 80-1297-8 and is playing with Stroud and Cook is 24 and just went for 1122-2 rushing and 44-445-4 receiving...if your point is they aren't Jefferson and McCaffrey I agree with you (and good luck getting that type of player at 1.8 and 1.9) but these are the exact type of players you build a short term/long term championship Dynasty roster with.
Guess we will see. I wouldn’t be at all interested in Cook over 1.08 or 1.09 in any league I’m in. Zero belief that he holds long-term staying power as a 15+ touch running back. But that’s the fun of this hobby. If/when Cook remains the Bills lead back for the next five years, then I’m waaaaay off base.

Guess we will see. I wouldn’t be at all interested in Cook over 1.08 or 1.09 in any league I’m in. Zero belief that he holds long-term staying power as a 15+ touch running back. But that’s the fun of this hobby. If/when Cook remains the Bills lead back for the next five years, then I’m waaaaay off base.

I look at RBs in much shorter windows...they are far too volatile for me to project past a couple of years...that is why I usually flip them very quickly, but I would have zero interest in dealing Cook for 1.8 or 1.9 this year in a non-SF league...not sure how that would help my team.

I look at RBs in much shorter windows...they are far too volatile for me to project past a couple of years...
You’re not sure how moving Cook for 1.08 or 1.09 helps your dynasty team? I feel like you answered your own question with the bolded. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I guess I was approaching it from the perspective of Stroud should be hitting way more 5pt bonuses for 300 yards passing than Richardson will.
Ahh, that's true, I didn't think of it that way. That might make more sense.

I look at RBs in much shorter windows...they are far too volatile for me to project past a couple of years...
You’re not sure how moving Cook for 1.08 or 1.09 helps your dynasty team? I feel like you answered your own question with the bolded. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I also said I look at them in a small window...Cook is in that window...overall the issue is not moving Cook or Collin’s) it is doing it for 1.8.
or 1.9 in non-SF…that is simply a move to make a move IMO.

I also said I look at them in a small window...Cook is in that window...overall the issue is not moving Cook or Collin’s) it is doing it for 1.8.
But for a rebuilding team (or contending team with RB depth), moving Cook “in a small window” for a 1st round WR with a long runway makes an immense amount of sense. It’s not simply “making a move to make a move” as you phrase it. It’s making a move to build a long-term dynasty team.

To put it a different way, Cook isn’t a player I’m building any dynasty teams around. He’s a nice ancillary piece, one that could take a complete value dive at a moments notice.

But for a rebuilding team (or contending team with RB depth), moving Cook “in a small window” for a 1st round WR with a long runway makes an immense amount of sense. It’s not simply “making a move to make a move” as you phrase it. It’s making a move to build a long-term dynasty team.
Yeah, I agree with this. I think the guy had a decent enough team before, but if you've made the decision to blow it up and already have 9 of the first 32 picks ... Cook is definitely not someone I'm building around.

Another one just went down and I have absolutely no clue what this guy was thinking. Zero.

Team A received: Josh Allen, Butker

Team B received: Stafford, Gus Edwards, Jaleel McLaughlin

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree.

I mean, argument can be made for both sides. What pick did Jefferson go in your rookie draft? A lot to be said about controlling the draft. You can at least match most of the production from Cook and Nico if Brooks, BTJ, Odunze get any volume?

I just don't think it's as dumb as everyone is making it out to be.

Well, I’m sure I’ll get skewered for this one. lol

16 team SF, PPR, TE-P, IDP with big play IDP scoring (TFL, SFL x yards, etc)

I gave: Puka Nacua+4.04
I rec’d: JJ McCarthy+Ivan Pace+3.02 (took Jermaine Burton)

In a 16 team league getting a QB is a nightmare. I only had 1 (Herbert) None available, every backup owned (50+10 taxi format). I still have Lamb, AJB, Nico and some other WR depth with Burton, Bateman & a few others.

As some know from the value topic, I was trying to get McConkey with JMM. That was going nowhere, and put the QB acquisition in jeopardy. When Pace + the 3.02 entered the picture I was in. Landing a high end LB can be a 20-30 point per week play.

And it gives me the LB depth to trade for a RB or WR, which is my next task. Certainly a lot easier than trying to get a QB.

Flame away. 🔥

In a 16 team league getting a QB is a nightmare. I only had 1 (Herbert) None available, every backup owned (50+10 taxi format). I still have Lamb, AJB, Nico and some other WR depth with Burton, Bateman & a few others.

As some know from the value topic, I was trying to get McConkey with JMM. That was going nowhere, and put the QB acquisition in jeopardy. When Pace + the 3.02 entered the picture I was in. Landing a high end LB can be a 20-30 point per week play.

And it gives me the LB depth to trade for a RB or WR, which is my next task. Certainly a lot easier than trying to get a QB.

Flame away. 🔥
Congrats on getting McCarthy. I know you worked for it.
In that format with 16 teams, SF and giant rosters, I can’t see how McCarthy isn’t equal in value to Puka, not matter how much most love Puka. You’re never getting a young QB like that without giving up something big.

I like it personally….but I don’t play in any leagues close to this format :)

Flame away. 🔥
Congrats on getting McCarthy. I know you worked for it.
In that format with 16 teams, SF and giant rosters, I can’t see how McCarthy isn’t equal in value to Puka, not matter how much most love Puka. You’re never getting a young QB like that without giving up something big.

I like it personally….but I don’t play in any leagues close to this format :)
Thanks!

Add in the fact that I paid 5.08 for Puka, and it feels pretty good.

I know what I paid is irrelevant to his value, but it still feels like a better deal because of that.

Flame away. 🔥
Meh. You got your guy. I won't give you any more crap about this one. :)

I like JJM. A lot. He'll probably make this all worth by the end of the season.

Flame away. 🔥
Meh. You got your guy. I won't give you any more crap about this one. :)

I like JJM. A lot. He'll probably make this all worth by the end of the season.
:hifive:

Very generous of you. Thanks.

If JJM hits, this will be totally worth it for that alone. Getting an elite young linebacker was just a cherry on top.

Took some wiggle at the end to get 3.02 - Burton makes a big difference too.

Last edited:
14 Team Superflex, 20 roster spots
I know I will get fleeced here, but so be it. I'm NOT a fan of Caleb. My league very conservative on trades, no big haul offers awaited me pre-draft.
I had 1.01, 1.02, 1.05, 1.14, 2.01

I took Marvin @ 1.01. Last second, another owner offered Justin Herbert for 1.02. I accepted.

My QB room is now Herbert, Murray, Jones, and Penix (took him @ 2,01)
Harrison, Nabers, and McConkey were my 1st round picks (I traded up 1 slot to get McConkey)

I know I probably took the short end of the stick, but I'm happy with my QB room moving forward.

I know I will get fleeced here, but so be it. I'm NOT a fan of Caleb. My league very conservative on trades, no big haul offers awaited me pre-draft.

I took Marvin @ 1.01. Last second, another owner offered Justin Herbert for 1.02. I accepted.

Harrison, Nabers, and McConkey were my 1st round picks (I traded up 1 slot to get McConkey)

I know I probably took the short end of the stick, but I'm happy with my QB room moving forward.

Nothing wrong at all with that deal...Herbert is a known quantity...the fact you are not a fan of Caleb makes this an easy one for you.

I don’t think you got fleeced.

I know many would prefer Caleb to Herbert. I am actually pretty high on Herbert still. He’s just 26, and has put up elite seasons.

I don’t fault you for going a little conservative. I do think you could have taken advantage of the FF community perception that Herbert’s stock is down to get Herbert + [pick or player] for 1.02, but that’s just me evaluating in hindsight.

But I don’t hate it. I’m sure some will.

Last second, another owner offered Justin Herbert for 1.02
Honestly I think it’s fair. Herbert is finally underrated. But he’s still shown to be a really good QB. This is just buying a value stock instead for the hyped tech growth stock that hasn’t made a profit yet.
Same story, just slightly different results...1.02, SF, just before the draft, offered Herbert.....I declined, and he came back with Burrow, and I accepted.

Same story, just slightly different results...1.02, SF, just before the draft, offered Herbert.....I declined, and he came back with Burrow, and I accepted.
That’s a great move. Any locked and loaded top 5 QB is safer than a TBD rookie on the Bears.

Burrow is more than proven as a FF asset, and until they show me otherwise, the Bears are a bad organization. They ruined Fields - who’s to say they won’t ruin Caleb?

Burrow is coming off injury, but like Herbert, he’s still very young, and much more proven.

Zealots IDP 53 man rosters, standard scoring no PPR, start 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

Received R.Stevenson & Jameson Williams

Sent K.Coleman

Offer was sent to me, I would have sent Coleman for Stevenson straight up in non PPR, the drum beat around J.Williams only made it tastier

Last edited:
Zealots IDP 53 man rosters, standard scoring no PPR, start 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

Received R.Stevenson & J. Williams

Sent K.Coleman

Offer was sent to me, I would have sent Coleman for Stevenson straight up in non PPR, the drum beat around J.Williams only made it tastier
That’s a massive win for you.

Sent K.Coleman

Which J. Williams?

Sent K.Coleman

Javonte or Jameson?

Sent K.Coleman

Which J. Williams?

Sent K.Coleman

Javonte or Jameson?
The “drumbeat around J Williams” suggests Jameson.

It's been a while since I posted but I just got sent a doozy of an offer. Rebuilding this team.

My Justin Jefferson on a 3 year contract and 1.07
For
His Ja'Marr Chase on a one year contract.

Apparently Jefferson is "older" and won't help me by the time I'm ready to compete.

It's been a while since I posted but I just got sent a doozy of an offer. Rebuilding this team.

My Justin Jefferson on a 3 year contract and 1.07
For
His Ja'Marr Chase on a one year contract.

Apparently Jefferson is "older" and won't help me by the time I'm ready to compete.
Wrong topic, but interesting.

Just pulled the trigger on this one...

2024 1.07
2025 4.0X

for

Kyler Murray
2024 2.11

What do you guys think? I had Herbert and am panicking so made a move for Kyler. Our QB scoring is very high so it's important to have above average QB scoring.
I would’ve stuck with Herbert and kept your 1st

Last second, another owner offered Justin Herbert for 1.02
Honestly I think it’s fair. Herbert is finally underrated. But he’s still shown to be a really good QB. This is just buying a value stock instead for the hyped tech growth stock that hasn’t made a profit yet.
I’d jump on that, although I am on the Caleb train in my SF.

don't think I could get there with Herbert under Harbaugh.
I’m seeing this narrative a ton.

Herbert is easily a cut above the QBs Harbaugh has had to work with in the NFL. Also the Chargers D is a bit of a work in progress compared to those 49ers defenses. They may not have a choice but to throw, even if they want to play ball control / run heavy.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Back to your trade, I do agree that Murray is likely to outscore Herbert for FF, so I don’t mind the trade.

Herbert is easily a cut above the QBs Harbaugh has had to work with in the NFL. Also the Chargers D is a bit of a work in progress compared to those 49ers defenses. They may not have a choice but to throw, even if they want to play ball control / run heavy.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Back to your trade, I do agree that Murray is likely to outscore Herbert for FF, so I don’t mind the trade.

on a per game basis I expect it to be substantial(in our format)

Users who are viewing this thread