What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****OFFICIAL FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX THREAD***** (2 Viewers)

Funny that with Max out, Checo's car got super fast all of a sudden. I have felt this has been a solid conspiracy for a year now. Checo came out blazing last year, and Max wasn't happy. Checo's car has never seemed as fast since all.that went down. Until now.

Funny that with Max out, Checo's car got super fast all of a sudden. I have felt this has been a solid conspiracy for a year now. Checo came out blazing last year, and Max wasn't happy. Checo's car has never seemed as fast since all.that went down. Until now.

The Red Bull is better on hards but Perez needs a safety car

I also wonder when big changes happen to Mercedes behind the scenes at Brackley. They are arguable the 3rd best Mercedes-powered team on the grid right now (albeit they are neck and neck with Aston Martin).

On my rewatch it seems that Checo's downforce setting really made a huge difference on his speed. Maybe they should consider not setting it so conservatively. He was trash after that last pit stop adjustment. I know he's the tyre whisperer and all, but he should be better than fifth place and way back.

Last edited:

On my rewatch it seems that Checo's downforce setting really made a huge difference on his speed. Maybe they should consider not setting it so conservatively. He was trash after that last pit stop adjustment. I know he's the tyre whisperer and all, but he should be better than fifth place and way back.
I saw something this morning about Checo damaging the underside going over some curbs - but I don't know the timing of that damage.

I saw something this morning about Checo damaging the underside going over some curbs - but I don't know the timing of that damage.
The latest report is one of Alonso's tear-offs got caught in Perez' undertray which messed with his aero. This makes sense because his pace dropped right around the time he passed Fred.

Max's consecutive race finished streak ends at 43 in a row (2022 Imola to 2024 Jeddah), 5 races short of Hamilton's record 48 (from the 2018 Silverstone to 2020 Bahrain).

Hamilton did not finish the 2018 Austrian Grand Prix, and he had had a streak of 33 consecutive finishes up to that point (2016 Japanese GP to 2018 French GP). Started his 48 finish streak the next week at Silverstone. If he had finished at the Red Bull Ring, he would have had a streak of 82 straight finishes.

:jawdrop:

At what point do Sainz and Hamilton go ahead and switch seats. Is that a possibility? Lewis just seems disgruntled about everything. I'd try and lock Sainz ASAP.

The latest report is one of Alonso's tear-offs got caught in Perez' undertray which messed with his aero. This makes sense because his pace dropped right around the time he passed Fred.

The broadcast talked about the tear offs being a nuisance the way they can just toss them out of the car. Had hazy recollections that they possibly used to have a bin for them in the car (but weren't sure if that memory was accurate).

They are the hot dog wrappers of F1 for sure.

Anyway was a more enjoyable uncontested race than the usual uncontested race.

-QG

Reports that Ricciardo has been given an ultimatum to improve over the next two races - or he is out of a seat, with Liam Lawson to take over next to Yuki Tsunoda.

New Zealand’s Liam Lawson could be in a fulltime Formula One seat as early as May, after Red Bull issued a warning to Daniel Ricciardo, who drives for their subsidiary team Racing Bulls.

The Herald understands Ricciardo has been given an ultimatum by Red Bull’s head of driver development, Dr Helmut Marko, a known admirer of Lawson’s.

Should Ricciardo fail to improve over the next two Grand Prix in Japan and China respectively, Red Bull will perform a swap that sees Lawson likely installed in the Racing Bulls seat for Miami and remain with the team for the rest of the season.

Source is a New Zealand paper, so a little salt needed. But. intuitively, this makes sense following reports that Marko had gone public with his pressure on both Tsunoda and Ricciardo - and praised Tsunoda's effort.

Max's consecutive race finished streak ends at 43 in a row (2022 Imola to 2024 Jeddah), 5 races short of Hamilton's record 48 (from the 2018 Silverstone to 2020 Bahrain).

Hamilton did not finish the 2018 Austrian Grand Prix, and he had had a streak of 33 consecutive finishes up to that point (2016 Japanese GP to 2018 French GP). Started his 48 finish streak the next week at Silverstone. If he had finished at the Red Bull Ring, he would have had a streak of 82 straight finishes.

:jawdrop:

DNFs were a
Danny has looked pretty bad to start the season. Would love to see Yuki vs Liam going forward

Bring 'em on. Yuki will dominate all comers.

The broadcast talked about the tear offs being a nuisance the way they can just toss them out of the car. Had hazy recollections that they possibly used to have a bin for them in the car (but weren't sure if that memory was accurate).

They are the hot dog wrappers of F1 for sure.
-QG
No surprise that FA used them in a Mario Cart way to slow down Checo. In all seriousness, I think it's time to reinstate the mandatory bins in the cars rule. Just in case Riccardo decides to bring along a corn dog or something in the future. No veggimite sandwiches for anyone!

I was thinking I was gonna stay up for this after the Disco Biscuits stream, but 2am is 2am. DVR it is.

Hamilton looking rapid is nice.

Weird all the commentary on Ferrari sandbagging or having more power somewhere. Unless I missed something

Users who are viewing this thread