What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Game Thread***Tampa Bay vs. LA Rams +4.5 (48 O/U) (3 Viewers)

Godwin being hurt really narrows the tree a bit

EDIT: HOLY #### BRADY GOOD LORD!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
good offense first half, great defense both halves for both teams. the receiving group for both teams are top of class, so expected a bit more fireworks though.

Goes with the player. Every player, not just him. 
Don't understand what you typed.

Are you saying stars from the previous team carry over?

The people who wear the C do so because their current team voted them as captain. Nonsensical that they should count captaincies of anything but your own team and the number of times your own team voted for you to represent them.

Brady/Arians need to stop trying  to throw it downfield so frequently. He has the arm strength, but no touch or anticipation or connection with any of his WRs downfield. I think Brady has connected somewhat more on downfield passes to Gronk.

Don't understand what you typed.

Are you saying stars from the previous team carry over?

The people who wear the C do so because their current team voted them as captain. Nonsensical that they should count captaincies of anything but your own team and the number of times your own team voted for you to represent them.
Take it up with the nfl man, I ain’t got nothing to do with it. But yes, the stars carry over. 

He made throws in November you’d expect a rookie or very bad QB to make. Hey that guy looks open. Where did that safety come from?

Did not get to sit and watch the game in the way i would like. By the time I got home it was the late 3rd/early 4th and when i saw the Rams on the field I saw Akers quite a bit...when i looked at the box score later I couldn't believe how few yds the Rams had rushing the ball and how few times Akers actually touched it. I must have watched a stretch or two where it appeared he was getting quite a few snaps. 

Also saw Henderson had 8 carries for 5 yards, Bucs must have found out that Henderson only enters the game when he is getting hand offs and that;s usually the 1st Q or 1st Half and then you don't see him any more. 

What would a person who didn't get to see much, what would you want them to take away from this game? It seems like it as pretty close or a potential Playoff match up in a few weeks. 

Still doesn't make sense to me. Let's say it was a first down for a pass 40 yards downfield -- would LA accept the penalty and they move the ball back 10 yards from where it was caught?

If it was an illegal pass, the spot should be at the point where that illegal pass was first attempted.
i guess it's the same thing as when a tick tack penalty like an illegal shift happens. say it's 3rd and 12, the illegal shift happens, the offense only gets 4 yards on the play leaving 4th and 8. the defense declines the illegal shift penalty because it's 4th down and 4th and 8 is better than 3rd and 17. The play stands even though there was the penalty. im curious though if the first pass gets wiped out and only the second pass is counted.

Ministry of Pain said:
Did not get to sit and watch the game in the way i would like. By the time I got home it was the late 3rd/early 4th and when i saw the Rams on the field I saw Akers quite a bit...when i looked at the box score later I couldn't believe how few yds the Rams had rushing the ball and how few times Akers actually touched it. I must have watched a stretch or two where it appeared he was getting quite a few snaps. 

Also saw Henderson had 8 carries for 5 yards, Bucs must have found out that Henderson only enters the game when he is getting hand offs and that;s usually the 1st Q or 1st Half and then you don't see him any more. 

What would a person who didn't get to see much, what would you want them to take away from this game? It seems like it as pretty close or a potential Playoff match up in a few weeks. 
As a Rams fan I wouldn't look much into the rushing stats. McVay clearly came into this game not wanting to run the ball. Instead he used quick screens/slants as the "run game". The Bucs are very well known to be good against the run and he clearly understood that. Brady struggled because we could get pressure with just 4 all night. Throw a blitz here and there and he is manic back in the pocket. There was multiple throws he had time in the pocket but since he was hit so many times already, he would throw it early and mostly inaccurately.

Goff was surprisingly well against the blitz. They showed a stat at one point that he was like 11 for 11 for over 130yards and a TD. His 1st pick seemed it was miscommunication with him and Henderson. Goff expected him to run out and sit down and JPP happened to be right where I assume Henderson was suppose to sit down. Don't have a clue on his 2nd pick. He does dumb #### some times.

I think the rams match up great against the Bucs again because of our front 4 and if they played again would be another very close game.

Users who are viewing this thread