What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Google Nexus 7 Tablet Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Anyone else get the update? Home screen now auto rotates - :magical:

Not sure what other features were fixed /added
Notification pull downs can now be embiggened with just one finger now instead of only with two. Most of the other changes were minor big fixes.
:confused:
Two fingers still works...
I didn't know you could do either, I just either press to open or swipe to get rid of it :lol:

How do you guys like the Nexus so far? Thinking of getting one for the GF. Looks like this or the 7 inch Galaxy are the best options.

Is this thing a good buy for someone that wants a tablet with good speed and a nice screen to mostly just fart around with but doesn't want to pay double for an iPad?

still use mine regularly... was great for flights...

the new ones are nicer. my only complaint is the speaker is a bit soft

Deal alert. 2013 version is $199 at best buy and comes with a free $25 Google play credit.
Got mine. Really digging it so far. Huge step up from my first gen Kindle Fire.

I forgot to ask about the $25 Google Play credit while in the store, but now that I'm home trying to back it in the deal I cannot find any mention of it. Where do you see this?

Mister CIA said:
Deal alert. 2013 version is $199 at best buy and comes with a free $25 Google play credit.
Got mine. Really digging it so far. Huge step up from my first gen Kindle Fire.

I forgot to ask about the $25 Google Play credit while in the store, but now that I'm home trying to back it in the deal I cannot find any mention of it. Where do you see this?
It was in my cart when I checked out online. Did the instore pickup and got it an hour later. I was emailed a download code around that time for the $25 credit. If you bought it in store and didn't give them your email, you may have to go back to the store and ask them for it.

Its been a while since I've had a tablet. Any tablet apps/widgets recommended?
DashClock and Event Flow Widget are the only widgets I use on my tablet.

ETA: I use them both on my phone too ;)

ETA2: I guess I do have Battery Widget Reborn as a DashClock extension on the tablet. (and a standalone widget on the phone)

Last edited by a moderator:
DashClock and Event Flow Widget are the only widgets I use on my tablet.

ETA: I use them both on my phone too ;)

ETA2: I guess I do have Battery Widget Reborn as a DashClock extension on the tablet. (and a standalone widget on the phone)
I use dash clock and battery widget reborn already :)

Is event flow a calendar?

I'm looking to buy my first tablet and I'm considering the Nexus 7 Gen 2. The only negative I've seen is against ASUS and their reluctance to honor their warranty. Anyone have issues and wouldn't recommend?

I really like BeWeather. Many different widget options, and when going into the app (from the widget, if desired) they have great options, including maps. Best maps (radar, etc) I have found in a weather app.

I also use the stock mail widget to see all my Exchange mail and GMail on the home screens.

The Google Now widget is handy/scary.

Users who are viewing this thread