What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL GUN CONTROL DEBATE*** (1 Viewer)

So... I think I've got it straight now.. The federal government can give rocket launchers and full auto assault weapons etc., to extremists that will turn around and blow us up as soon as we could blink.. And military grade assault weapons to drug cartels so that they can use them against our citizens, government employees even.. But I can't own a 20 round clip for a pistol..Got it.. :thumbup:
As Wesley Snipes would say from Demolition ManEXACTMUNDO!!!Fitting movie for this thread. Seriously lefties, you got your legislation, lets just hope that the bans on magazines and weapons doesn't come to fruition, because that will do nothing to quell gun violence as there are already more than 300 million guns in America. Banning high capacity magazines will do nothing either, as one can reload many magazines very quickly
Nothing really gets down to the heart of serious matters like Wesley Snipes movies.
:lmao:

I leave you guys tonight with two sayings:Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something just for the sake of doing something. AndJust because some ####### ####s his pants shouldn't mean we all have to wear diapersGoodnight :lmao:

You hillbillies all crying in here about the prez britch-slapping you? Or you shoot each other dead with your man-guns before you had the chance?Yeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwww

So... I think I've got it straight now.. The federal government can give rocket launchers and full auto assault weapons etc., to extremists that will turn around and blow us up as soon as we could blink.. And military grade assault weapons to drug cartels so that they can use them against our citizens, government employees even.. But I can't own a 20 round clip for a pistol..Got it.. :thumbup:
As Wesley Snipes would say from Demolition ManEXACTMUNDO!!!Fitting movie for this thread. Seriously lefties, you got your legislation, lets just hope that the bans on magazines and weapons doesn't come to fruition, because that will do nothing to quell gun violence as there are already more than 300 million guns in America. Banning high capacity magazines will do nothing either, as one can reload many magazines very quickly
Nothing really gets down to the heart of serious matters like Wesley Snipes movies.
:lmao:
In the spirit of this thread, if I say it's a Wesley Snipes movie, you need to say its a Stallone movie. Tomato, Tomatoe, Potato, Potatoe

You hillbillies all crying in here about the prez britch-slapping you? Or you shoot each other dead with your man-guns before you had the chance?Yeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwww
#####-slapping? How? A couple of EOs simply enforcing existing laws?The AWB has no chance of passing. This is a huge win for the pro-gun crowd.

In celebration of the eventual defeat of king Obams gun ban I purchased a 60 round magazine!
I've seen your work here recently. Please be careful.
It's cool.... Those things jam before you can do any real damage
Pretty sure Tiger has another new shaft. Is that you?
Nope. We don't do his graphite anymore.... Only his irons.
Thank goodness they're not Rifles. BAM!

When have any of these "hillbillies" been involved with the terrible mass murders that have recently taken place?

I am still waiting on how this gov't is infringing on your right to bear arms?
You can wait forever, but they won't be able to give you a sensible answer because there isn't one. If limiting high capacity magazines violated the 2nd Amendment, then the AWB law would have been overturned in 1994 when it was first passed. If requiring background checks for private sales violated the 2nd Amendment, then laws which already have this is numerous states would have been overturned long since. But none of these have been overturned, for the very simple reason that the Supreme Court does not agree with this extremist viewpoint of the 2nd Amendment. And the NRA knows this; that's why rather than claim that these laws actually violate the 2nd Amendment, they very carefully use language like "violates the SPIRIT of the 2nd Amendment", and they hope that their blind and ignorant followers don't notice the difference. As this thread demonstrates, it's working.
best post of this thread
You two must have a great time rubbing each other off in the bathroom at family reunions..
This is how I know that I'm winning the argument. Along with Slingblade calling me a moron and telling me to #### off.
You lost the war.

You can wait forever, but they won't be able to give you a sensible answer because there isn't one. If limiting high capacity magazines violated the 2nd Amendment, then the AWB law would have been overturned in 1994 when it was first passed. If requiring background checks for private sales violated the 2nd Amendment, then laws which already have this is numerous states would have been overturned long since. But none of these have been overturned, for the very simple reason that the Supreme Court does not agree with this extremist viewpoint of the 2nd Amendment. And the NRA knows this; that's why rather than claim that these laws actually violate the 2nd Amendment, they very carefully use language like "violates the SPIRIT of the 2nd Amendment", and they hope that their blind and ignorant followers don't notice the difference. As this thread demonstrates, it's working.
best post of this thread
You two must have a great time rubbing each other off in the bathroom at family reunions..
This is how I know that I'm winning the argument. Along with Slingblade calling me a moron and telling me to #### off.
You lost the war.
Yet you're the one who answers the door with a gun a in his hand. I'm thinking you might not be able to comprehend what a pleasant existence is all about.

Life ban! Yay! If you can't beat them, ban them....I've got plenty of alias's though. No big deal.
who did what now?
I'm assuming I got banned for telling tim to #### off and die a few weeks ago.Took them long enough though. My slingblade account has gotten a 2 year ban for insulting christian creo-tards.I guess next step is a life ban. :thumbup:
I dont think you understand how this works
Keep on trollin. :thumbup:

best post of this thread
You lost the war.
Yet you're the one who answers the door with a gun a in his hand. I'm thinking you might not be able to comprehend what a pleasant existence is all about.
Like in all the other great places where guns were banned.. (where the violent crime rates are through the roof) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You hillbillies all crying in here about the prez britch-slapping you? Or you shoot each other dead with your man-guns before you had the chance?
Statistics show that it's not "hillbillies" that are overrepresented in shooting ech other. If you had balls, you'd direct your ire toward the real groups that are overrepesented in shooting each other.

best post of this thread
You lost the war.
Like in all the other great places where guns were banned.. (where the violent crime rates are through the roof) :rolleyes:
It's not fair that all their citizens are lured to the peasant states where they can get all those deadly guns legally and come back in trances and blow away their fellow citizens. It doesn't work unless its across the Nation! That's why New York just wasted their time putting on a show with their new gun control laws.But it was a nice show with the smiling governor who wants to be President. What a hoot.

best post of this thread
You lost the war.
You realize that THESE are the ones who are not right and fly off the handle on mass killing sprees. It's not the pacifists.

You hillbillies all crying in here about the prez britch-slapping you? Or you shoot each other dead with your man-guns before you had the chance?
Statistics show that it's not "hillbillies" that are overrepresented in shooting ech other. If you had balls, you'd direct your ire toward the real groups that are overrepesented in shooting each other.
The groups shooting at each other can and will continue to shoot at each other, they should not be the focus of any new legislation.

Life ban! Yay! If you can't beat them, ban them....I've got plenty of alias's though. No big deal.
who did what now?
I'm assuming I got banned for telling tim to #### off and die a few weeks ago.Took them long enough though. My slingblade account has gotten a 2 year ban for insulting christian creo-tards.I guess next step is a life ban. :thumbup:
Does this alias have a better understanding of anything?

I don't know why people lose their freakin minds at the mere discussion of guns.Normally perfectly rational and intelligent people leap to all kinds of conclusions when changing gun laws are proposed.To me it's simple.If you want to hunt, great! Pick up your rifle from a designated safe area and shoot away in restricted areasIf you want to practice target shooting, go to your local range and pick up your gun and sign it back in when you leave.If you need it for home protection, then fine, just keep it on premises (even though a family member is more likely to fall victim).If you need to carry in public for work reasons, no problem. Get your permit for work related reasons only.There should be no reason for carrying a gun in public, unless it's for work reasons. Police, security, farmers etcYou still have a right to your firearms, just not in public places.

I don't know why people lose their freakin minds at the mere discussion of guns.Normally perfectly rational and intelligent people leap to all kinds of conclusions when changing gun laws are proposed.To me it's simple.If you want to hunt, great! Pick up your rifle from a designated safe area and shoot away in restricted areasIf you want to practice target shooting, go to your local range and pick up your gun and sign it back in when you leave.If you need it for home protection, then fine, just keep it on premises (even though a family member is more likely to fall victim).If you need to carry in public for work reasons, no problem. Get your permit for work related reasons only.There should be no reason for carrying a gun in public, unless it's for work reasons. Police, security, farmers etcYou still have a right to your firearms, just not in public places.
I used to think something similar, but it turns out God decreed that I can have an M16 in public before the dawn of time. It's natural law.

I don't know why people lose their freakin minds at the mere discussion of guns.

Normally perfectly rational and intelligent people leap to all kinds of conclusions when changing gun laws are proposed.

To me it's simple.

If you want to hunt, great! Pick up your rifle from a designated safe area and shoot away in restricted areas

If you want to practice target shooting, go to your local range and pick up your gun and sign it back in when you leave.

If you need it for home protection, then fine, just keep it on premises (even though a family member is more likely to fall victim).

If you need to carry in public for work reasons, no problem. Get your permit for work related reasons only.

There should be no reason for carrying a gun in public, unless it's for work reasons. Police, security, farmers etc

You still have a right to your firearms, just not in public places.
Seems like you are one of them.

I used to think something similar, but it turns out God decreed that I can have an M16 in public before the dawn of time. It's natural law.
Your lack of recognition of the rights decreed by GOD for my PENISBAZOOKA is ignorant.

Your lack of recognition of the rights decreed by GOD for my PENISBAZOOKA is ignorant.
In order to properly honor the Word, I propose replacing the seventh amendment with the Right to Bare Penisbazookas. No, that isn't a typo.

I don't know why people lose their freakin minds at the mere discussion of guns.

Normally perfectly rational and intelligent people leap to all kinds of conclusions when changing gun laws are proposed.

To me it's simple.

If you want to hunt, great! Pick up your rifle from a designated safe area and shoot away in restricted areas

If you want to practice target shooting, go to your local range and pick up your gun and sign it back in when you leave.

If you need it for home protection, then fine, just keep it on premises (even though a family member is more likely to fall victim).

If you need to carry in public for work reasons, no problem. Get your permit for work related reasons only.

There should be no reason for carrying a gun in public, unless it's for work reasons. Police, security, farmers etc

Seems like you are one of them.
Enlighten me great sage that you are, why do you need guns in a public place if not for professional reasons? I'm looking forward to numerous logical reasons rather than calling someone a poopie pants. If the "tyrannical gobernment" of Barack Obama I seizes control of the state, you still have your weapon(s) at home to band together and form militias (That was hard to type with a straight face).

To me this is simple fear and paranoia. If an invasion comes from overseas your gun is as useful as a 9 iron. If the government truly rots and seizes control, then I bet they have better weapons that what Cletus and Jim Bob can put together. Mind you the government seems incapable of doing the most simple things, something of the magnitude required to seize control would require order and clarity of purpose. Good luck finding that anywhere in the political sphere.

Guns are a real problem. The less they are seen in public the better.

The american public with 300 million guns and say 100 million pissed off people would destroy the federal govt if it came to shooting war. It wouldnt even be close. Theres only a million or two soldiers in this country and i highly doubt theyd be keen on killing their fellow citizens

To me it's simple.

:goodposting: Because nobody ever gets attacked in public places... :mellow:

To me it's simple.

:goodposting: Because nobody ever gets attacked in public places... :mellow:
That never happens in the land of rainbows and unicorns, the 5-0 will always be there to protect us, right???

The american public with 300 million guns and say 100 million pissed off people would destroy the federal govt if it came to shooting war. It wouldnt even be close. Theres only a million or two soldiers in this country and i highly doubt theyd be keen on killing their fellow citizens
How do the fellow citizens feel about killing members of the U.S. Armed Forces in this scenario?

How do the fellow citizens feel about killing members of the U.S. Armed Forces in this scenario?
Why do we think all of the american public will be on the same side of this fight anyway?

Why do we think all of the american public will be on the same side of this fight anyway?
Seriously. Didn't you guys see V? There are always lots of people happy to take the other side.Not for nothin', but I'm pretty sure I'd be standing on the side of the U.S. Armed Forces, along with anyone else who's taken an oath to support the Constitution.

You can wait forever, but they won't be able to give you a sensible answer because there isn't one.
It's amazing you have the ability to write this even though you continually refused to acknowledge posts showing that when the magazine capacity law was in effect in the past, a 10 capacity limitation was ineffective in limiting deaths in mass shootings. Just amazing.
If limiting high capacity magazines violated the 2nd Amendment, then the AWB law would have been overturned in 1994 when it was first passed. If requiring background checks for private sales violated the 2nd Amendment, then laws which already have this is numerous states would have been overturned long since. But none of these have been overturned, for the very simple reason that the Supreme Court does not agree with this extremist viewpoint of the 2nd Amendment.

And the NRA knows this; that's why rather than claim that these laws actually violate the 2nd Amendment, they very carefully use language like "violates the SPIRIT of the 2nd Amendment", and they hope that their blind and ignorant followers don't notice the difference. As this thread demonstrates, it's working.
best post of this thread
I don't know if it will ever be challenged but I'll take a stab (not a shot - wouldn't want to waste one) at how it might be. I asked in my 1st post in this thread, "where do you draw the line". At what point does a magazine limitation effectively limit deaths and not infringe on a person's right to effectively defend himself. There were very few responses and only one person tried to (unsuccessfully) defend his position. This is how I think it may be attacked.From Heller:

(3) The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District's total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of "arms" that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional
Does a magazine limitation of 30 prevent someone from using their firearm in self defense? I think most would say no. How about a magazine limitation of one? I think most would say yes, it would make it "impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional". What about a limitation of 10? I think Cookiemonster made a very strong case that it does limit one's ability in self defense.

As far as I know, the Court's rulings are generally very narrow in scope. If it wasn't specifically challenged in the past, there would not have likely been a ruling. It's somewhat absurd to think that since it wasn't challenged or overturned in the past, it won't be in the future. By your same reasoning above, a trigger lock mechanism doesn't violate the 2nd Amendment, I guess because you don't think it specifically infringes on our right to bear arms. The Court seems to disagree. The same argument can be made for magazine limitations.

Exactly. Tell me again how the hundred billion dollar US army steamrolled those Taliban armed with IEDs and AKs again?

O'Reilly with some very sensible ideas here and a little chat with Rubio about this topic as well...http://video.foxnews.com/v/2099145785001/

There should be no reason for carrying a gun in public, unless it's for work reasons. Police, security, farmers etcYou still have a right to your firearms, just not in public places.
You should tell that to the thousands of would-be victims of shooting sprees that were stopped by armed civilians. I live in Memphis... I keep a sidearm with me not because I look forward to playing Rambo vigilante. I do it because I want to be able to protect my family in the event something happens. Last week a guy was confronted at gun point at a Kroger not 2 miles from my house (in a very nice neighborhood). He was made to drive across town then was pistol whipped, had his life threatened...robbed... Then left for dead in a abandoned gas station parking lot. These things don't happen all the time but they happen enough that I prefer to have a means to protect myself and my family. The police are referred to as a thin blue line for a reason... They can't always be there to help. Ask most law enforcement officers and they will tell you they support the idea of licensed concealed carry. There is a reason for that.

There should be no reason for carrying a gun in public, unless it's for work reasons. Police, security, farmers etcYou still have a right to your firearms, just not in public places.
You should tell that to the thousands of would-be victims of shooting sprees that were stopped by armed civilians. I live in Memphis... I keep a sidearm with me not because I look forward to playing Rambo vigilante. I do it because I want to be able to protect my family in the event something happens. Last week a guy was confronted at gun point at a Kroger not 2 miles from my house (in a very nice neighborhood). He was made to drive across town then was pistol whipped, had his life threatened...robbed... Then left for dead in a abandoned gas station parking lot. These things don't happen all the time but they happen enough that I prefer to have a means to protect myself and my family. The police are referred to as a thin blue line for a reason... They can't always be there to help. Ask most law enforcement officers and they will tell you they support the idea of licensed concealed carry. There is a reason for that.
CarjackingThis what you're referring to? If by "drove across town" you mean two blocks and if by "left for dead in a abandoned gas station parking lot" you mean let out in the parking lot of a very busy Walgreens, this must be the case you're referring to. Not downplaying a crime involving a gun, but let's not play it up for effect.

'Hoosier16 said:
'pantherclub said:
'timschochet said:
'pantherclub said:
You can wait forever, but they won't be able to give you a sensible answer because there isn't one.
It's amazing you have the ability to write this even though you continually refused to acknowledge posts showing that when the magazine capacity law was in effect in the past, a 10 capacity limitation was ineffective in limiting deaths in mass shootings. Just amazing.
If limiting high capacity magazines violated the 2nd Amendment, then the AWB law would have been overturned in 1994 when it was first passed. If requiring background checks for private sales violated the 2nd Amendment, then laws which already have this is numerous states would have been overturned long since. But none of these have been overturned, for the very simple reason that the Supreme Court does not agree with this extremist viewpoint of the 2nd Amendment.

And the NRA knows this; that's why rather than claim that these laws actually violate the 2nd Amendment, they very carefully use language like "violates the SPIRIT of the 2nd Amendment", and they hope that their blind and ignorant followers don't notice the difference. As this thread demonstrates, it's working.
best post of this thread
I don't know if it will ever be challenged but I'll take a stab (not a shot - wouldn't want to waste one) at how it might be. I asked in my 1st post in this thread, "where do you draw the line". At what point does a magazine limitation effectively limit deaths and not infringe on a person's right to effectively defend himself. There were very few responses and only one person tried to (unsuccessfully) defend his position. This is how I think it may be attacked.From Heller:

(3) The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District's total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of "arms" that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional
Does a magazine limitation of 30 prevent someone from using their firearm in self defense? I think most would say no. How about a magazine limitation of one? I think most would say yes, it would make it "impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional". What about a limitation of 10? I think Cookiemonster made a very strong case that it does limit one's ability in self defense.

As far as I know, the Court's rulings are generally very narrow in scope. If it wasn't specifically challenged in the past, there would not have likely been a ruling. It's somewhat absurd to think that since it wasn't challenged or overturned in the past, it won't be in the future. By your same reasoning above, a trigger lock mechanism doesn't violate the 2nd Amendment, I guess because you don't think it specifically infringes on our right to bear arms. The Court seems to disagree. The same argument can be made for magazine limitations.
I don't think he did. And when he attempted to do so, I challenged him (or anyone else) to come up with a real life (not hypothetical) story in which someone's ability to defend himself was impaired because he didn't have a magazine that exceeded 10 bullets. Surely between 1994 and 2004, when this ban was in place on a federal level, there should be at least one example. But no one has been able to come up with one. I don't think in this case it's absurd to make a conclusion about the fact that this wasn't challenged in the past, because the NRA vigorously challenges EVERY gun restriction. I have no doubt this was challenged as well, and the SC refused to hear it because the argument had no merit. It still doesn't.

'quiksilver said:
'[icon] said:
'John Maddens Lunchbox said:
CarjackingThis what you're referring to? If by "drove across town" you mean two blocks and if by "left for dead in a abandoned gas station parking lot" you mean let out in the parking lot of a very busy Walgreens, this must be the case you're referring to. Not downplaying a crime involving a gun, but let's not play it up for effect.
Good catch here.

'Hoosier16 said:
'pantherclub said:
'timschochet said:
'pantherclub said:

best post of this thread

I don't think he did. And when he attempted to do so, I challenged him (or anyone else) to come up with a real life (not hypothetical) story in which someone's ability to defend himself was impaired because he didn't have a magazine that exceeded 10 bullets. Surely between 1994 and 2004, when this ban was in place on a federal level, there should be at least one example. But no one has been able to come up with one. I don't think in this case it's absurd to make a conclusion about the fact that this wasn't challenged in the past, because the NRA vigorously challenges EVERY gun restriction. I have no doubt this was challenged as well, and the SC refused to hear it because the argument had no merit. It still doesn't.
Unbelievable. Just because you have no doubt, doesn't mean it's true. Show me.Even if it was challenged in the past, it doesn't mean it can't or won't be again. New decisions are constantly based upon previous decisions and arguments. Heller didn't occur until 2008.

And finally, you never addressed my argument. You know, the one you said nobody would ever make.

And finally, you never addressed my argument. You know, the one you said nobody would ever make.
I thought I did by refuting Cookiemonster.If you're referring to your earlier comment that the previous ban was ineffective, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I have cited evidence that the previous ban did reduce the use of these magazines. I have cited testimony from law enforcement that the high cap magazines make it easier for mass shooters to do a maximum of damage, and that their limitation saves lives. But beyond that, there is no way for me to "prove" to you that it was effective previously in saving lives, beyond common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread