What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** In-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

12 team PPR dynasty, FFPC, 1.5 PPR for TE

Rebuilding team gives:

Brees

Peterson

Gonzo

2014 2nd

for

RG3

Woodhead

Maclin

Cook

2014 1st (surefire top 4 pick, will get 1st round bye in losers bracket, so pick could is 4 at worst for him).
I'm as big of an RGIII fan as you'll find, but I would have hoped to get more for Brees/Peterson. My final thoughts on the trade depend on what the rebuilding owner can get when he turns around and flips Woodhead (he IS going to turn around and flip Woodhead, right?)

Still, we can talk for days about what the market is, or what the market should be. At the end of the day, the market is what it is. If that was the best he could do in his league for Brees/Peterson, then it's a strong move to sync up the rest of his roster.
I find this trade interesting as I had all 3 of these players heading into the year and am rebuilding/reloading. I've dealt both Brees and Gonzo but so far have kept Peterson as I can't get near fair value for him. For Gonzo I received Santonio Holmes before injury (doesn't look all that great right now, but is an example of how low Gonzo's value is in dynasty) and for Brees and a '15 2nd, I got Matt Stafford.

Compare the two deals overall - I think Maclin and Holmes are roughly equal, Stafford and RG3 are roughly equal values. Cook, Woodhead and a top 4 pick might be enough for Peterson.

So all in all, I think this trade is about right.

Made last week:

Richardson

Cook

2015 and 2016 first round picks

for

Gronk

A Brown
Not many leagues allow trading that far out. Do you have to pay for 2016 ahead of time?

Pretty good haul for Rich and picks far into the future.

12 Team PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K 1 Flex RB/WR/TE

Gave: Ingram and Thompkins

Got: SSmith and ABrown
Followed it up with another deal:

Gave- Wilson/ABrown/2014 3rd

Got- Reggie Bush and Shonn Greene

Now have:

Romo

RBush/CJ?K/Pierre

Calvin/Gordon/Fitz/SSmith/MJones

JT/Cameron/Witten

12 Team PPR w/ Developmental Players

Gave:

Dwayne Bowe

2014 1st from another team (currently 1.05 - will be mid first most likely - watered down with devy players rostered)

Got:

Reggie Bush

took a risk and tried to buy low on Marques Colston. If he can get healthy and back to his productive ways, it'll make my WR group tough to beat.

12 Team deep dynasty PPR (26 man rosters with rookie and taxi squads)

Traded Charles Clay and a 3rd round conditional draft pick (good chance it becomes a late second round pick) for Colston.

I know it looks bad right now, but he's still the number one WR option on New Orleans and he's only 30. I believe if he comes back, he'll be amazing as my WR3 or 4 behind Marshall, Thomas, Terrence Williams, Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings. If Wallace and or Jennings had produced like I expected, then i wouldn't have gone for Colston. I also have Reggie Wayne. Clay is my 3rd TE. i consider him a flash in the pan.

10 team ppr start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex(any)/idp

Gave:

Woodhead (1 year)

Team B Gave:

Trent Richardson (5 years)

1st in my division atm behind Rodgers, Charles, Ray Rice, Megatron, AJ Green, Jordy, Reed/Thomas. Still a believer in Richardson, especially if the cost is only a few games from Woodhead, as I'd lose him in the offseason anyhow.

Team B is in 2nd place in his division atm, and trying to make a push, rbs now consist of Lynch, MJD, Sjax, Woodhead. Last night he emailed everyone saying Richardson was available, and accepted Woodhead this morning.

Made last week:

Richardson

Cook

for

Gronk

A Brown
Not many leagues allow trading that far out. Do you have to pay for 2016 ahead of time?

Yes, we do have to pay ahead. A 2018 1st was traded for Decker earlier this season.
Who would trade for a 2018 pick?
I'd trade for one, but I sure wouldn't give a guy like Decker.

12 team, 0.5PPR. Start 1/2/3/1

I give:

Cincy D

CJ Anderson

Knile Davis

2014 2nd (mid round)

2015 2nd (mine, so hopefully late)

I get:

Seattle D

2014 3rd (top 3)

2015 3rd (who knows)

Win now mode and Cincy D scares me after losing Atkins. Also, I have 4 players on IR that I'll need to make room for, as well as two 1sts in 2014. These players were expendable to me. But does feel like a lot for a Def.

Made last week:

Richardson

Cook

for

Gronk

A Brown

Yes, we do have to pay ahead. A 2018 1st was traded for Decker earlier this season.
Maybe the second best offer for Decker was a 2019 pick?

Contracts league 12 team PPR

Gave McFadden (7.5% of Cap) - 2 yrs

Got

Andre brown

Denarius Moore

Nate Washington

Mike James

All 1 year contracts, I wanted McFadden off my payroll.

12 team 1/2/3/1/1/1 & flex

Team A gave J Cameron TE

Team B gave R Mathews RB

Both teams filling needs for a playoff run.

12 team, 0.5PPR. Start 1/2/3/1

I give:

Cincy D

CJ Anderson

Knile Davis

2014 2nd (mid round)

2015 2nd (mine, so hopefully late)

I get:

Seattle D

2014 3rd (top 3)

2015 3rd (who knows)

Win now mode and Cincy D scares me after losing Atkins. Also, I have 4 players on IR that I'll need to make room for, as well as two 1sts in 2014. These players were expendable to me. But does feel like a lot for a Def.
Wouldn't be so bad without the picks involved. Steep price for a D unless your league has some special scoring.

12 team PPR dynasty leauge

Team A got: Trent Richardson & 2014 2nd Rounder

Team B got: L. Bell & 2014 3rd Rounder

Thoughts?

FFPC

Brady for D-Williams and just in time for the guy to play Brady against me this week!

How the mighty have fallen to see Brady traded for D-Williams

Made last week:

Richardson

Cook

for

Gronk

A Brown

Maybe the second best offer for Decker was a 2019 pick?
Maybe, and won't the guy who traded the pick look silly when he only has a 31 year old receiver to show for the pick?

12 Team PPR

TEAM A ( contender ) gets : Shane Vereen & Kenbrell Thompkins

TEAM B ( rebuild ) gets : R. Randle, D. Wilson, M. Lattimore

Sent Blackmon and Finely for Torrey Smith. He needed TE depth and can sit on Blackmon as his WR's are D.Thomas, Cruz, Jordy Nelson, K. Allen, Cobb, R. Woods, and now Blackmon in a 12 team league. I needed Smith with injuries to Harvin and Julio. I am higher on Blackmon than Smith however.

Fairly big trade in another league:

Team A (rebuild) gave up: Torrey Smith, Flacco, Celek

Team B (contender) gave up: Keenan Allen, EJ Manuel, TY Hilton

It's a 12 team superflex type league (can use a QB in one flex spot)
I do 4 or 5 trades a year in most of my dynasty leagues. You win some, and lose some. A few stand out as huge wins, and a few stand out as big losses. But rarely does a strong move like this look so incredibly BAAAAAAD just a few short weeks later. Thought I was making a win now move, and it may end up costing me a playoff spot. Who knew Allen would progress so much so fast!? And WTF happened with Torrey Smith???? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

I do 4 or 5 trades a year in most of my dynasty leagues. You win some, and lose some. A few stand out as huge wins, and a few stand out as big losses. But rarely does a strong move like this look so incredibly BAAAAAAD just a few short weeks later. Thought I was making a win now move, and it may end up costing me a playoff spot. Who knew Allen would progress so much so fast!? And WTF happened with Torrey Smith???? :(
He was playing over his head earlier. It's not like he's been bad recently- about 4/70 average over his last two. That'd be 64/1120 over a full season, which is right in the ballpark of what was expected from Torrey in the first place. Just looks worse because he hasn't gotten a TD, but TDs are pretty random.

This is a good example of why you shouldn't trade for guys coming off of hot streaks, though. Hot streaks are never indicative of a player's true level of play. This goes for Allen and Hilton right now, too.

He was playing over his head earlier. It's not like he's been bad recently- about 4/70 average over his last two. That'd be 64/1120 over a full season, which is right in the ballpark of what was expected from Torrey in the first place. Just looks worse because he hasn't gotten a TD, but TDs are pretty random.

This is a good example of why you shouldn't trade for guys coming off of hot streaks, though. Hot streaks are never indicative of a player's true level of play. This goes for Allen and Hilton right now, too.
Was a lot of talk earlier this year about Smith playing better-running a more complete route tree instead of being a one trick pony. You're right though- it's only been a couple of weeks, with Smith still producing reasonably and Allen probably producing at an unsustainable pace. Still hurts.

12 team PPR

Team A got: Wilson, Julio, Mike Brown (JAC) and Jordan Reed

Team B got: Moreno, Demaryius Thomas, Randle and Tim Wright

Whelp, I knew I was gambling, but only had Josh Freeman backing up Aaron Rodgers on my 10-1 team in a 16 team IDP dynasty. I don't need to wait for the bad news to be confirmed, pulled off a deal to a team with Peyton/Rivers/Foles:

Gave:

A. Olgetree

G. Tate

2014 2nd

2014 3rd

Received:

P. Rivers

C. Givens

J. Edelman (I took him as Amendola insurance)

Blackmon and Finely for Torrey Smith

Not involved in this one but.

Jordan Reed and Welker for Fitzgerald and Fred Jackson non playoff teams

12 team PPR

PatsWillWin said:
Whelp, I knew I was gambling, but only had Josh Freeman backing up Aaron Rodgers on my 10-1 team in a 16 team IDP dynasty. I don't need to wait for the bad news to be confirmed, pulled off a deal to a team with Peyton/Rivers/Foles:

Gave:

A. Olgetree

G. Tate

2014 2nd

2014 3rd

Received:

P. Rivers

C. Givens

J. Edelman (I took him as Amendola insurance)
I was in the same boat and was rolling the dice with only Manuel as a backup.

Gave: 2014 2nd (either 2.02 or 2.03)

Received: Rivers, 2014 3rd (3.04-3.06)

thriftyrocker said:
Adam Harstad said:
Deuceman said:
12 team PPR

Team B got: Moreno, D Thomas, Randle and Tim Wright
Assuming D. Thomas is Demaryius and not Daniel, that's a pretty fair trade, but I think I'd prefer the side with the Broncos.
In a vacuum Julio side by a lot. But nice win now move if that's the intent.
I'd be curious to hear you break down why you think the Julio side is so much better. In my mind, Demaryius/Julio are a wash. Reed is the best of the four "prospects", but assuming Randle is Reuben and not Joseph, I don't think Reed is miles ahead of him, and I'd much prefer Tim Wright to Mike Brown. Wilson vs. Moreno is probably going to inspire the widest range of opinions, but I think they're pretty comparable, with Moreno more valuable for contenders and Wilson more valuable for rebuilders.

Also, as a reminder, can we start including first and last names on a more regular basis? It occurs to me that a lot of the disagreement over this trade is just going to come from people assuming different names. I assumed it was DAVID Wilson, DEMARYIUS Thomas, and REUBEN Randle, because that meant all the positions lined up (1 RB, 2 WRs, and 1 TE on both sides). Change that trade to RUSSELL Wilson, DANIEL Thomas, and JOSEPH Randle, and suddenly that's the worst dynasty trade I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of bad dynasty trades).

In my mind, Demaryius/Julio are a wash.
I actually like Julio more than Demaryius by quite a bit. I feel like his skillset is more in line with a guy being force-fed targets long-term, as is his situation. He's also got a much more stable situation with his quarterback in that we know he'll be playing with Ryan long-term, and they work well together. Who knows what things are going to be like for Demaryius when Peyton is gone, and even with Peyton around he's a couple of garbage time touchdowns (when they probably should have just been running the ball) away from actually having pretty mediocre numbers. Julio is a year younger to boot.

In a league where I'm very much in contention I offered Demaryius for Julio straight up to a team that was a solid playoff team prior to losing Julio and was rejected.

thriftyrocker said:
Adam Harstad said:
Deuceman said:
12 team PPR

Assuming D. Thomas is Demaryius and not Daniel, that's a pretty fair trade, but I think I'd prefer the side with the Broncos.
I'd be curious to hear you break down why you think the Julio side is so much better. In my mind, Demaryius/Julio are a wash. Reed is the best of the four "prospects", but assuming Randle is Reuben and not Joseph, I don't think Reed is miles ahead of him, and I'd much prefer Tim Wright to Mike Brown. Wilson vs. Moreno is probably going to inspire the widest range of opinions, but I think they're pretty comparable, with Moreno more valuable for contenders and Wilson more valuable for rebuilders.
In a vacuum I'd still want Julio enough to give up all the other players without flinching. If we're not thinking about being 6-3 and needing a WR to win this year, give me the key player I like more. If you're 6-3 and you're set up well then that's probably a trade you make, and I think it is well constructed. But from a long term standpoint the Julio side appeals to me more.

Moreno has been great and he could even keep going 1-2 more years in which case that's a dumb swap, but I'd blindly follow youth at RB.

I like Randle a lot and could see him vs. Reed flopping the other way next year but right now they're about equal and pretty insignificant vs. the top 2 players in each deal. If they're insignificant why worry about Wright, Brown.

thriftyrocker said:
Adam Harstad said:
Deuceman said:
12 team PPR

In a vacuum I'd still want Julio enough to give up all the other players without flinching. If we're not thinking about being 6-3 and needing a WR to win this year, give me the key player I like more. If you're 6-3 and you're set up well then that's probably a trade you make, and I think it is well constructed. But from a long term standpoint the Julio side appeals to me more.

Moreno has been great and he could even keep going 1-2 more years in which case that's a dumb swap, but I'd blindly follow youth at RB.

I like Randle a lot and could see him vs. Reed flopping the other way next year but right now they're about equal and pretty insignificant vs. the top 2 players in each deal. If they're insignificant why worry about Wright, Brown.
I'm the side getting the Broncos and Randle. My main RBs before the deal were TRich, Gore, Miller and Wilson. WRs were Dez, Julio, Floyd and Shorts, I also have Graham at TE. With Wilson and Julio hurt I felt my roster needed 1 or 2 more upgrades to put it in contention. Moreno and Demaryius are now starters for me over Miller/TRich combo and Floyd. Took a chance because I liked Reed a lot, getting Randle wasn't bad and as stated I get more roster flexibility

Team A (in contention for league title and playoffs) gives:

Julio Jones

Andre Ellington

Matt Tannehill

Team B (out of contention this year) gives:

Drew Brees

Pierre Thomas

Team A (in contention for league title and playoffs) gives:

Julio Jones

Andre Ellington

Matt Tannehill

Team B (out of contention this year) gives:

Drew Brees

Pierre Thomas
Yikes. Team B wins by a country mile, even if we were actually talking about some random guy named Matt Tannehill who's not in the league.

Blackmon and Finely for Torrey Smith

Not involved in this one but.

Jordan Reed and Welker for Fitzgerald and Fred Jackson non playoff teams

12 team PPR
Torrey Smith by a lot, and I'm not a Torrey Smith fan.

On non-contending teams, give me Reed/Welker.
I actually would go the other way and take Blackmon and Finely. I am just not a Smith fan and think he will be nothing more then a little better version of Lee Evans. Blackmon could and this is a big COULD put himself up there with Julio, Green, and the others if he can get himself right and Jacksonville will be getting a quarterback this year.

14 Team No PPR

Gave: JCook

Got: 2014 2nd Round Rookie Pick (late)

Picked up TWright (TE/WR -yahoo) to fill the space - he is my 3rd TE but love his upside more that Cook and got a 2nd Rounder out of the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread