What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Jays Thread*** Lots of optimism, again. (2 Viewers)

Trades for the sake of trading? Feldman us a right handed guy who can start if needed or long relieve, who,  has had some success but gives up hone runs and does strike out enough guys.... or exactly what Jesse Chavez was brought in to be...

If Sanchez was moved to the pen, could he be put back in the rotation for the playoffs?  

Also, if Dickey's not on the playoff roster, is there a backup catcher ready to replace Thole.  Still amazes me that a mediocre #5 starter has a personal catcher who sucks this bad. 

Yeah Sanchez to pen confirmed.

Surprisingly, Jays got two of Pirates top 10 prospects (Reese McGuire, Harold Ramirez) with Liriano for Hutchison.

Jays strike out 61 times in a 4 game series, setting a new MLB record. Still somehow take 3 of 4 and once again pull even with Baltimore.

Who had J.A. Happ at 15 wins on August 4th?

Also, Sanchez possibly not going to the bullpen now..

Jays strike out 61 times in a 4 game series, setting a new MLB record. Still somehow take 3 of 4 and once again pull even with Baltimore.

Who had J.A. Happ at 15 wins on August 4th?

Also, Sanchez possibly not going to the bullpen now..

6 man rotation?

I wonder how long Lirianos leash is before he is another lefty in the pen

Upton Jr is a bust.  Not patient, swings at 1st pitch way too often.  Doesn't fit into the Jays hitting philosophy

Getting close to a full season worth of plate appearances now between 2015/2016, Devon Travis has a 296/346/476 career slash line. Anthony Gose is fighting managers and back in Double-A. Pretty nice deal that one.

What inning does Yordano get thrown out of the game on Sunday and will Josh charge the mound this weekend?

Getting close to a full season worth of plate appearances now between 2015/2016, Devon Travis has a 296/346/476 career slash line. Anthony Gose is fighting managers and back in Double-A. Pretty nice deal that one.
:lmao:  He has a game winning home run, two leadoff home runs and now a 4-hit game in the 4 days since I posted this.

So, I know Saunders and Bautista are free agents after the season, but priority #1, 2 and 3 this offseason needs to be getting dump trucks upon dump trucks full of cash to Edwin to keep him here.

Anyone disagree?

So, I know Saunders and Bautista are free agents after the season, but priority #1, 2 and 3 this offseason needs to be getting dump trucks upon dump trucks full of cash to Edwin to keep him here.

Anyone disagree?

AGREED

Bautistas skills have eroded so much in less then a year.  He can't field, can't throw, and can't stay healthy.

Upton is hard to watch at the plate also.

The 'don't give up outs camp' is cute when they think it's relevant for all 27 of them
You're assuming Travis gets the bunt down which is far from a sure thing. He's been the best contact guy on the team, so I'm willing to take a chance he puts the ball in play.

Even if he does get it down, there's a chance you're taking the bat out of Donaldson's hand when they walk him to get the double play back in order. So you have 1st and 2nd after Donaldson's at bat when they actually had 1st and 3rd.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-ridiculousness-of-aaron-sanchezs-sinker/

Lowest OPS allowed to the pull field vs. RHB, 2016

1. Aaron Sanchez, .449
  2. Johnny Cueto, .606
  3. Noah Syndergaard, .724
I don’t need to explain to you all the ways that leaderboard is ridiculous. You see the two names Sanchez is ahead of, and you certainly see the laughable gap between Sanchez and the field. What I can do is provide a little more context in this way: Syndergaard has suppressed pull-field production against righties better than all but two pitchers in baseball this season, and his OPS allowed in that way is the same asYadier Molina‘s OPS this season. Cueto’s been the second-best, and his OPS allowed in that way is the same as Alcides Escobar, who is the worst qualified hitter in baseball this year. Sanchez’s OPS allowed in that way is 157 points lower than the worst qualified hitter. It’s the same OPS that Steven Matz, the pitcher, has as a hitter. When Sanchez gets a righty to pull the ball, he essentially turns them into a pitcher.

Cliff Clavin said:
Navarro back!!! No more Thole!!!! I hope...
In the playoffs no Dickey/Thole. Likely have both till then though. 

Nice comeback today. Stroman couldn't buy an out early despite ground ball after ground ball.

Not too look too far past today's game but the Jays should probably be able to bury Baltimore this week with these matchups...

@RichDubroffCSN

Starters for #Orioles #BlueJays series: Monday; Miley vs. Estrada. Tuesday: Jimenez vs. Happ Wednesday: Gallardo vs. Sanchez

Goins pulled out mid-game at Buffalo tonight, presumably to be traded for Puig  Votto a left handed reliever.

EDIT - or because Barney is away for a bit for personal reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roberto Osuna youngest pitcher ever to record 30 saves in a season (because most teams don't waste 21 year olds with 4 great pitches in their bullpen, but still...)

This should really be Dickey's last game. He isn't going to be on the playoff roster. DFA him and Thole so Navarro can get some AB.

Would love to see the Jays go to a 4 man rotation down the stretch.  With the expanded roster, and the extra arms in the pen, it could be done.

Users who are viewing this thread