What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (5 Viewers)

So he can keep a false sense of hope?  He's blow a huge lead nationally, and not he is blowing his lead in South Carolina.  The guy has been trending in the wrong direction for months now.  This campaign is over.  
But what if he wins South Carolina? With Bloomberg’s debate disaster, that could be enough to propel Biden to a strong Super Tuesday. If I’m him I stick it out for the time being. 

But what if he wins South Carolina? With Bloomberg’s debate disaster, that could be enough to propel Biden to a strong Super Tuesday. If I’m him I stick it out for the time being. 
What is your take on his recent "gaffes"?  He is telling stories that people are saying are not true.  Does he not care, or has he really lost his memory? 

Max Power said:
What is your take on his recent "gaffes"?  He is telling stories that people are saying are not true.  Does he not care, or has he really lost his memory? 
Maybe he is borrowing from Trump's playbook and has decided to tell so many lies that they are kind of blur together after a while and people shrug them off due to the sheer volume. 

Serious question, does he even have the loot to run into the convention?  I thought I’d read that his fundraising was taking some major hits.  It costs a lot of money to get from now thru Super Tuesday and into the convention.

Joe Biden claimed in an interview televised Sunday that Russians had spent a "lot of money" on bots to go on Facebook and claim that "Biden is a bad guy" -- before later acknowledging that the information came not from the intelligence community, but secondhand from his own staff.

The former vice president's assertion came amid heightened concerns over potential Russian interference in the White House race, following recent reports that intelligence officials told Sen. Bernie Sanders how Russia may have wanted to help his campaign. The information has sparked confusion, especially after CNN urged caution on previous reports claiming the Russians aimed to help President Trump's reelection campaign.

"I'm the person most likely to beat Trump," Biden told CBS News' "Face the Nation" anchor Margaret Brennan."The Russians don't want me to be the nominee. They spent a lot of money on bots on Facebook and they've been taken down, saying Biden is a bad guy. They don't want Biden running. They're not -- no one's helping me to try to get the nomination. They have good reason."

Pressed on the matter, Biden replied, "I have not spoken to the intelligence community, but I think the intelligence community should inform the rest of us who are running what they told Senator Sanders. .. I was told that there are a lot of bots on Facebook, and they've been all taken down. ... Fake accounts, yes, and they're taken down, but I -- I don't know who -- I didn't get a call from Facebook, but I was told by my -- my staff that's what happened."

Biden went on to suggest, seemingly as conjecture, that "the people that occupied my [campaign] office ... maybe they were Russians. I don't know, but they -- they said they were Bernie supporters."
Well if your staff said so... 

Uhhhh....Joe was just asked a question about Bernie as Commander in Chief/his foreign policy, he clearly lost thought, then came back and stumbled into a finish about Bernie's voting history on gun rights.

Kasie DC‏ @KasieDC 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS:

@craigmelvin confirms that Rep. James Clyburn will endorse Joe Biden ahead of the South Carolina primary at an event on Wednesday

https://twitter.com/KasieDC/status/1231752600627941376
Yeah this is huge. If it causes blacks to abandon Steyer (surely they have to see that’s a waste of time) Biden could still run away with South Carolina, which would reframe this contest heading into Super Tuesday. 

Yeah this is huge. If it causes blacks to abandon Steyer (surely they have to see that’s a waste of time) Biden could still run away with South Carolina, which would reframe this contest heading into Super Tuesday. 
Only two days in between to try and change the narrative.  CA, at the moment, already has 1.8M votes cast (expect that number to at least double by week's end) with only Sanders and Warren polling in the viable range.

Only two days in between to try and change the narrative.  CA, at the moment, already has 1.8M votes cast (expect that number to at least double by week's end) with only Sanders and Warren polling in the viable range.
I haven’t sent in my 60 votes yet. Working on it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1232172818533580800

That’s not a good sign...

I think he really needs to drop out at this point. 
Don't trust the Daily Caller for anything....

Marvin R. Pendarvis
@Rep_Pendarvis
This is a prime example of the media running with a soundbite to push their narrative. @JoeBiden  was literally telling the story of how he got into politics and his campaign for US Senate. He's told this story before. He was quoting himself from the trail then. Context matters.

https://twitter.com/Rep_Pendarvis/status/1232303243939733504

Don't trust the Daily Caller for anything....

Marvin R. Pendarvis
@Rep_Pendarvis
This is a prime example of the media running with a soundbite to push their narrative. @JoeBiden  was literally telling the story of how he got into politics and his campaign for US Senate. He's told this story before. He was quoting himself from the trail then. Context matters.

https://twitter.com/Rep_Pendarvis/status/1232303243939733504
The original clip was not misleading.  Somebody in the comments posted a 3:30 clip that starts from the beginning of Biden speaking.  He didn't say he was telling the story of how he got into politics or indicate that he was quoting himself from way back when.  Representative Pendarvis is lying.

The original clip was not misleading.  Somebody in the comments posted a 3:30 clip that starts from the beginning of Biden speaking.  He didn't say he was telling the story of how he got into politics or indicate that he was quoting himself from way back when.  Representative Pendarvis is lying.
Maybe "lying" is too strong a word, more like misleading.  It seems like what happened is that Biden regularly tells a story on the stump about when he first ran for Senate and does the "I'm Joe Biden and I'm running for Senate" shtick as part of it.  But this time Biden just totally flaked out and forgot to tell the first part of the story that sets everything up.  That might be slightly less bad than if Biden said he was running for Senate without any reason.  But it's still pretty bad even with the context. 

Maybe "lying" is too strong a word, more like misleading.  It seems like what happened is that Biden regularly tells a story on the stump about when he first ran for Senate and does the "I'm Joe Biden and I'm running for Senate" shtick as part of it.  But this time Biden just totally flaked out and forgot to tell the first part of the story that sets everything up.  That might be slightly less bad than if Biden said he was running for Senate without any reason.  But it's still pretty bad even with the context. 
When you give the same talk many times, it is very easy to just miss a part and not realize it. 

Lying is definitely an accurate term. 

ETA: unless the 3:30 video is edited

Yeah, that looks right based on that video.  I can't believe I'm going to have to apologize to the Daily Caller.

Biden needs to take some time off.  He had another gaffe last night where he referenced the wrong leader of China he worked with on the Paris agreement.  

@mooncult

· Feb 27

Joe Biden: "Slutty dressing women shouldn't be raped, but they SHOULD be arrested for indecent exposure."

@mooncult

· Feb 27

Joe Biden: "Slutty dressing women shouldn't be raped, but they SHOULD be arrested for indecent exposure."
I'm not commenting on it but Mooncult is notorious for misrepresenting information, Biden did not say "slutty women", he said "can be arrested" not "should be", and the hypothetical was if someone took off all their clothes and walked around in public. People should be suspended from twitter for posting false quotes like that. But of course who is Mooncult anyway? Who knows.

I continue to believe that Joe Biden is very likely to be our next President, and that starting today a lot of other folks around the country will come to recognize this as well. 

I'm not commenting on it but Mooncult is notorious for misrepresenting information, Biden did not say "slutty women", he said "can be arrested" not "should be", and the hypothetical was if someone took off all their clothes and walked around in public. People should be suspended from twitter for posting false quotes like that. But of course who is Mooncult anyway? Who knows.
lol, what issue was Joe addressing when this came up? 

Max Power said:
Mooncult is infamous for only posting snips totally out of context, so it’s not provided. He also didn’t say ‘rape’ at any point. He was likely talking about sexual assault or harassment.

Seems pretty easy to understand what he's talking about. Carol Moseley Braun is a big Biden supporter.  He's obviously not looking forward to appointing her to the Senate, but he's looking forward to appointing her to some position in his administration.
Very little of what Joe says is 'pretty easy' to understand.

Max Power said:
it was a very crazy situation from what i understand, but i agree that that quote was not there at all.

This is the summary that I saw from a source that I trust:

At a town hall meeting, Joe Biden was asked about women’s empowerment and “rambled for 19 minutes, and wound up discussing how unfair it is for women’s outfits to be discussed in rape cases — a topic that wasn’t implied in the question,” Politico reports. Said Biden: “I’m going to make a controversial statement. If someone in this room got up, took off all her clothes and walked out the door, no man has a right to touch her. Zero.” The crowd politely applauded. The former vice president kept going: “She can be arrested for indecent exposure!” “No applause followed. Some in the crowd wore puzzled expressions when Biden then mentioned how police or even parents of rape victims face questions about their clothing.”)

I continue to believe that Joe Biden is very likely to be our next President, and that starting today a lot of other folks around the country will come to recognize this as well. 
If he wins the nom I will vote for him against Trump.  But he is my second to last choice for the nomination behind Bloomberg.

Congrats on winning states that you will lose in the general election?
I know you’re attempting cutting humor here, but actually you’ve hit upon the strangest irony of Democratic politics: the key to winning the nomination is winning the black vote in states you will not win in the general election. With very few exceptions (California being the main one) it is more important to win red primary states than it is to win blue ones. The reasons for this are weird and historical and really screwed up. Nonetheless that’s the way it is. 

Will Biden’s big win today lead to his winning the nomination? I was more sure this morning,  however there are 4 problems that could prevent it: 

1. Timing. Only 3 days until Super Tuesday. If Biden had a week between today and Super Tuesday he would have more time to change public perception. As it is 3 days may not be enough, especially since he has, at the moment, no money for new commercials and not enough time to get it. 

2. The Coronovirus/stock market crisis. Biden’s victory today would normally be the #1 news story swamping all the others. But the ongoing crisis threatens to block that out so he won’t get the exposure he needs in time. 

3. Bloomberg, Buttigieg, Klobuchar won’t quit the race. All of these take votes away from Biden. Bloomberg remains probably the biggest threat because of all the money he’s spent. Splitting the moderate vote obviously benefits Bernie. 

4. Early voting in California. Supposedly nearly half of Californians have voted already. This is very bad because if Biden or any of the other moderates can’t get to 15% Bernie will get ALL of the delegates. That will give him an overwhelming lead. He won’t be caught. 

So these reasons make it much more difficult for Biden than I earlier supposed. He can overcome all of them but it won’t be easy. 

If Biden had a week between today and Super Tuesday he would have more time to change public perception. As it is 3 days may not be enough, especially since he has, at the moment, no money for new commercials and not enough time to get it.  
The guy has been in politics since the 70s. I don't think a few extra days are going to make or break public perception of him.

I know you’re attempting cutting humor here, but actually you’ve hit upon the strangest irony of Democratic politics: the key to winning the nomination is winning the black vote in states you will not win in the general election. With very few exceptions (California being the main one) it is more important to win red primary states than it is to win blue ones. The reasons for this are weird and historical and really screwed up. Nonetheless that’s the way it is. 
I know, really what matters is NC, Penn, Wis, Mich, Ohio (though I think it is fairly red by now) etc. Should save a lot of time and just hold the primary in contested states, one day only since there is no winners momentum. 

Their will be a warm, fuzzy feeling about Joe after today.  However, Bernie an his excellent campaign staff have set up an amazing ground movement to crush Joe on Super Tuesday.  2020 is the Bernie show.

:towelwave:  Biden victory in SC. He's almost as entertaining as Trump. When they tell him he won, I'm guessing he'll tell them to vote for someone else.

"No Joe. Voting is over with."

Users who are viewing this thread