What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Impeachment Thread*** (1 Viewer)

This thread. You can just say that you want to impeach Biden because the last guy was twice. It's ok.
It is not a score card. Nobody is saying doing it because someone else was. They are seeking consistency and fairness in how all presidents are treated and not just one. They are looking for the hypocrisy to end. And even if you didn't have a dog in the fight, you shouldn't be belittled for simply being concerned that the sitting POTUS might be engaging in activities that threaten the security of the country.
Sorry. I really don’t believe any of this.
You don't owe me any apology.

Do you believe that of all these people discussing this here (and elsewhere) that this is truly, simply, just boiled down to "these people want a pound of flesh because it happened to "their" guy? This is nothing more than "an eye for an eye" in your opinion? You don't think anyone here approaches this with the simple question of "where is the fairness in this to promote and ensure confidence in our government?".
The opening post is an article about Majorie Taylor Green‘s articles of impeachment she is introducing. That’s not a great start.
Nor is it inclusive in it's entirety to lump all posts into the same conclusion as one single one, first, middle, or anywhere else.

This thread. You can just say that you want to impeach Biden because the last guy was twice. It's ok.
It is not a score card. Nobody is saying doing it because someone else was. They are seeking consistency and fairness in how all presidents are treated and not just one. They are looking for the hypocrisy to end. And even if you didn't have a dog in the fight, you shouldn't be belittled for simply being concerned that the sitting POTUS might be engaging in activities that threaten the security of the country.

Do you believe that of all these people discussing this here (and elsewhere) that this is truly, simply, just boiled down to "these people want a pound of flesh because it happened to "their" guy? This is nothing more than "an eye for an eye" in your opinion? You don't think anyone here approaches this with the simple question of "where is the fairness in this to promote and ensure confidence in our government?".
The opening post is an article about Majorie Taylor Green‘s articles of impeachment she is introducing. That’s not a great start.
Nor is it inclusive in it's entirety to lump all posts into the same conclusion as one single one, first, middle, or anywhere else.
It’s indicative of the content for which this thread will be full of :lol:

Right after your post saying nobody is saying it’s a scorecard, a poster said it’s a scorecard.

Just be patient. They’ll be plenty of time for this in about 2 months.

hilarious. let's go blue
It wasn't good for Biden…looks weak. But not impeachable is the point. Blue…meh…just the truth of the difference in this and the justified impeachment of Trump. Which is the only reason people are making an issue of this. Because Trump got caught acting that poorly…
Classic "But Trump!(AKA, Trump Derangement Syndrome) at work. The thread is literally called the JOE BIDEN Impeachment Thread...talking about reasons someone wants to impeach JOE BIDEN.
5 posts in, somebody mentions Trump and you guys never got back on track. Classic move. You know you can't defend the subject so you point and scream TRUMP and get everyone going off on a tangent. Keep this aboutWHAT JOE BIDEN ACTUALLY DID. Compare him to no other case except to use precedent (which the dems gleefully did with a republican president who happens to b Donald Trump) and if you are fair you will see, totally in line.

Right after your post saying nobody is saying it’s a scorecard, a poster said it’s a scorecard.

Sho Nuff said it was a scorecard? Please, at least bring a credible client to the table. As I just said above, it is only about Trump and anything other than JOE BIDEN and impeachment because you guys can't go 5 minutes without dragging him into it in your efforts to deflect from having to actually defend what happened. It is all there laid out by the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Politico. It is indefensible. It happened. It is on tape. It is THE definition of QPQ.

To argue anything otherwise is insane but that is not actually what you are even attempting to argue/defend. Your only contributions here are to make sure you guys try to say its not what it is and it is only what IT IS because of an attempt to make it look petty. "Boo HOO! You guys are only saying these things because we did it you guys...and..and...you guys are just mad and want to do it back!"

We are adults. This is potentially a very important discussion about the POTUS and our country. Leave the juvenile out.

hilarious. let's go blue
It wasn't good for Biden…looks weak. But not impeachable is the point. Blue…meh…just the truth of the difference in this and the justified impeachment of Trump. Which is the only reason people are making an issue of this. Because Trump got caught acting that poorly…
Classic "But Trump!(AKA, Trump Derangement Syndrome) at work. The thread is literally called the JOE BIDEN Impeachment Thread...talking about reasons someone wants to impeach JOE BIDEN.
5 posts in, somebody mentions Trump and you guys never got back on track. Classic move. You know you can't defend the subject so you point and scream TRUMP and get everyone going off on a tangent. Keep this aboutWHAT JOE BIDEN ACTUALLY DID. Compare him to no other case except to use precedent (which the dems gleefully did with a republican president who happens to b Donald Trump) and if you are fair you will see, totally in line.

But Trump…the comparison was made from the start when it was bumped with this stuff. I wasn’t the one who first made it man. Plus bringing ip quid pro quo you compared as well.
But yes…call people deranged because your partisan take on this was so bad.

Last edited:

Sho Nuff said it was a scorecard? Please, at least bring a credible client to the table. As I just said above, it is only about Trump and anything other than JOE BIDEN and impeachment because you guys can't go 5 minutes without dragging him into it in your efforts to deflect from having to actually defend what happened. It is all there laid out by the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Politico. It is indefensible. It happened. It is on tape. It is THE definition of QPQ.

To argue anything otherwise is insane but that is not actually what you are even attempting to argue/defend. Your only contributions here are to make sure you guys try to say its not what it is and it is only what IT IS because of an attempt to make it look petty. "Boo HOO! You guys are only saying these things because we did it you guys...and..and...you guys are just mad and want to do it back!"

We are adults. This is potentially a very important discussion about the POTUS and our country. Leave the juvenile out.
Quick-hands

It was literally like two posts after yours :lol:

It’s fine thats how it works. Happy hunting when Republicans gain the chairs of the committees.

hilarious. let's go blue

But Trump…the comparison was made from the start. I wasn’t the one who first made it man.
my "partisan" take. Taking the time to answer your question which is always a mistake because you never seek knowledge, you only seek to troll, by citing the THREE media outlets that reported this and clarified it to you to show you that this is not just a few people's opinion...this is ON RECORD the POTUS being asked and responding to the questions. Clearly showing how it meets the exact definition of QPQ (which I also provided).

ok.

Sorry, man, but I've seen you use this troll angle over and over and over and I honestly don't know what you get from it but, as always, I leave you to your own derangements and ask you to not interact with me. Seriously. I go out of my way to not directly ask you questions first and to not even really reply with anything I see you are in quotes of speaking with others about. I ask you to leave me alone with your shtick.

Quick-hands

It’s fine thats how it works. Happy hunting when Republicans gain the chairs of the committees.
I still don't see where he posted that but I take your word for it. I only see where he said something about "blue" in response to someone else.

Interesting last sentence there. I'll leave it there. As you mentioned. I am patient. I'm not here everyday and don't feel the need to be. I don't think i have the passion to argue with others as much as some here.

hilarious. let's go blue

But Trump…the comparison was made from the start. I wasn’t the one who first made it man.
my "partisan" take. Taking the time to answer your question which is always a mistake because you never seek knowledge, you only seek to troll, by citing the THREE media outlets that reported this and clarified it to you to show you that this is not just a few people's opinion...this is ON RECORD the POTUS being asked and responding to the questions. Clearly showing how it meets the exact definition of QPQ (which I also provided).

ok.

Sorry, man, but I've seen you use this troll angle over and over and over and I honestly don't know what you get from it but, as always, I leave you to your own derangements and ask you to not interact with me. Seriously. I go out of my way to not directly ask you questions first and to not even really reply with anything I see you are in quotes of speaking with others about. I ask you to leave me alone with your shtick.
No…i do not seek to troll. Yet another baseless assertion and personal comment which you seem to be doing quite a bit.
In addition…i did not really comment in the media tale more so the comparison to Trump which happened several times from those criticizing Biden…which you then called “TDS”. And now againg stating its my derangement. Utter BS to go there but it seems its what you are here for.

hilarious. let's go blue

ok.

No…i do not seek to troll. Yet another baseless assertion and personal comment which you seem to be doing quite a bit.
In addition…i did not really comment in the media tale more so the comparison to Trump which happened several times from those criticizing Biden…which you then called “TDS”. And now againg stating its my derangement. Utter BS to go there but it seems its what you are here for.
Let's be real, here. I come her about 1-2 days every 2-3 months or so and then I leave. So if anyone is here for a reason, it is YOU who seems to live here without ever touching any grass or seeing any sunshine in your life (metaphorically and literal). And FACT: every single time I am here, I ALWAYS see someone else's post calling you out. And to add to it, I usually see someone else after that person has posted say something like "that's just how he is". It is as if you are very well known around here...for all the reasons I am saying. So, think of it as you wish but I have to think that when seemingly everyone except you sees it one way, you might...i know this will come to a shock to you...you might be wrong.

But again, There is a solution. please leave me alone.

hilarious. let's go blue

ok.

Let's be real, here. I come her about 1-2 days every 2-3 months or so and then I leave. So if anyone is here for a reason, it is YOU who seems to live here without ever touching any grass or seeing any sunshine in your life (metaphorically and literal). And FACT: every single time I am here, I ALWAYS see someone else's post calling you out. And to add to it, I usually see someone else after that person has posted say something like "that's just how he is". It is as if you are very well known around here...for all the reasons I am saying. So, think of it as you wish but I have to think that when seemingly everyone except you sees it one way, you might...i know this will come to a shock to you...you might be wrong.

Oh look another post taking personal shots eventhough you know zero about me.

you are free to stop making personal comments any time you want or ignore me. I dont care. Yet you keep going.

I laid out the one thing I think he could be impeached for. I stand by that - it was an egregious, deliberate abandonment of his oath to uphold the Constitution.

Amazing, our president calls out a hostile country to pretty much the whole world cutting oil production when they should be increasing production and the Republicans want to impeach him.
this rings kinda hollow on the same day he suspended oil leases in Colorado. don't go begging to hostile country. how about that democrat.
Our oil companies aren't producing oil over new leases they have plenty. They aren't producing because they are making record profits not producing.

That's not how it works at all. Go by the rules....that's what "law and order" types expect. You might have forgotten about that in recent years. Some of us remain consistent. If there's something he's found guilty of that rises to the bar of impeachment, then impeach him. Chances are, given the precedents set, he'll never be removed from office, but I wouldn't be bothered if he was...do the crime, do the time.

I noticed, in true SC tradition, you didn't answer any of the meaningful part of my post (though you did quote it, so that's progress)....don't ever change :lol:
rules and procedures and processes can be thrown to the side - that much is clear - depending on who has the power and who doesnt

GOP will follow what DNC did - if they can't get Joe on Ukraine, they'll get him on something else, question his mental state, bring back Tara Reade .... I just am curious to see how much defending he'll get from his supporters

time will tell

Well, that was actually the GOP tactic on Clinton originally. Credit where credit is due.

And if you have real estate, investments, 401's, etc., you just have to realize that it is highly unlikely, unless you are under 30, that you will ever financially recover from this in your entire lifetime and maybe your spouse's if you are 10 years older or so.

Pretty much zero of the investment professionals I know agree with this.

Well, that was actually the GOP tactic on Clinton originally. Credit where credit is due.

were there never any other head hunts using affairs/adultery before Bill ?

oh looky !

I think you missed what I was getting at. It was in response to your point about investigating a string of things until you finally get him on something. As you may recall the investigation that ultimately led to Clinton’s impeachment started as an investigation into a real estate deal and morphed multiple times during the course of the investigation.

And if you have real estate, investments, 401's, etc., you just have to realize that it is highly unlikely, unless you are under 30, that you will ever financially recover from this in your entire lifetime and maybe your spouse's if you are 10 years older or so.

Pretty much zero of the investment professionals I know agree with this.
suppose it depends on how much you are recovering. I know a 69 year old who has lost 1.2 M in 19 months. Safe to say he won't get it back. OTOH, I guess if you're 42 and lost 50K, sure. I probably should have narrowed the statement.

hilarious. let's go blue

ok.

you are free to stop making personal comments any time you want or ignore me. I dont care. Yet you keep going.
It is all in the forums, whether you recall or not. With the exception of the first few times we talked, I am NEVER the person to start a conversation with you. You constantly drop some snarky thing you think makes you beat your chest and look smug and then you as soon as someone responds to you, you begin this process of ALWAYS trying to flip the script.

I recall very vividly, about a year or so ago I was here and you were playing your game with some guy and he finally told you something like "dude, I feel sorry for you and your 200 posts a day with no life and its easy to see you spiraling, etc" and he said something about he thought you might have med fluctuations and I remember at that time following the topic and thinking "he may be right" and so I decided I didn't want involved with you. SO again, for like the 5th time in last 5 times we have discussed, just stop. No more posts. It's real easy. But please don't keep baiting me in by acting as if I laser lock on you personally when the truth is I am talking to everyone EXCEPT you about topics and have no interest in you.

totally agree.
@Shutout
this is him saying scorecard?
Yeah. He agrees in the eye for an eye.
ok, gotcha. when you said, "Right after your post saying nobody is saying it’s a scorecard, a poster said it’s a scorecard." I was looking for literally someone saying it was a scorecard. I see now you meant he was agreeing with you and not replying to me saying yes it is a scorecard.

To go back to what sparked this tangent: I don't think everyone in the thread is simply being juvenile in that their interest is purely *** for tat. I think some are looking at the higher level as what it is, what it means for the POTUS to do this, regardless of who says it.

totally agree.
@Shutout
this is him saying scorecard?
Yeah. He agrees in the eye for an eye.
ok, gotcha. when you said, "Right after your post saying nobody is saying it’s a scorecard, a poster said it’s a scorecard." I was looking for literally someone saying it was a scorecard. I see now you meant he was agreeing with you and not replying to me saying yes it is a scorecard.

To go back to what sparked this tangent: I don't think everyone in the thread is simply being juvenile in that their interest is purely *** for tat. I think some are looking at the higher level as what it is, what it means for the POTUS to do this, regardless of who says it.
That is like 90% of this thread including the insane person in Congress who is linked in the first post who actually has a real say.

He needs to be put in a nursing home and get the help he needs
You know, I remember saying before the election he had issues of dementia showing and said why I believed it, where I had heard others saying the same and I remember SO MANY people just outright laughing and calling that foolish. I don't bring that up to say "aha". I honestly look back it now and just wonder "did these people actually believe it was ridiculous or did they somewhere know it but were blinded by their politics"?

I truly would love to have honest discussions with some of the people that denied that here. Not to be right or wrong. I would love to know what the thought process was at that time because we simply cannot afford to do repeat that.

And we were right and still call that foolish.
You know, I remember saying before the election he had issues of dementia showing and said why I believed it, where I had heard others saying the same and I remember SO MANY people just outright laughing and calling that foolish. I don't bring that up to say "aha". I honestly look back it now and just wonder "did these people actually believe it was ridiculous or did they somewhere know it but were blinded by their politics"?

I truly would love to have honest discussions with some of the people that denied that here. Not to be right or wrong. I would love to know what the thought process was at that time because we simply cannot afford to do repeat that.

And we were right and still call that foolish. :coffee:
You live in denial but to each their own.

And we were right and still call that foolish.

And we were right and still call that foolish. :coffee:
You live in denial but to each their own.
Sho isn't the only one with a reputation around here. :thumbup:

hilarious. let's go blue

ok.

It is all in the forums, whether you recall or not. With the exception of the first few times we talked, I am NEVER the person to start a conversation with you. You constantly drop some snarky thing you think makes you beat your chest and look smug and then you as soon as someone responds to you, you begin this process of ALWAYS trying to flip the script.

I recall very vividly, about a year or so ago I was here and you were playing your game with some guy and he finally told you something like "dude, I feel sorry for you and your 200 posts a day with no life and its easy to see you spiraling, etc" and he said something about he thought you might have med fluctuations and I remember at that time following the topic and thinking "he may be right" and so I decided I didn't want involved with you. SO again, for like the 5th time in last 5 times we have discussed, just stop. No more posts. It's real easy. But please don't keep baiting me in by acting as if I laser lock on you personally when the truth is I am talking to everyone EXCEPT you about topics and have no interest in you.
Oh look. More personal crap.
Baiting you…you continue to make personal comments towards me. All i have done is point that out. For someone who has no interest in “me” you have posted about me multiple times today because I dared to disagree with your impeachment takes. Telling me in so many words to get a life and state I have derangements. But yeah…ok

Trump was impeached for a phone call with absolutely ZERO threats and they called THAT quid pro quo. What Biden did is even worse.

Of course, we know Democrats in Congress are hypocrites and cowards. No way can we expect them to be stand up people.

Trump was impeached for a phone call with absolutely ZERO threats and they called THAT quid pro quo. What Biden did is even worse.

Of course, we know Democrats in Congress are hypocrites and cowards. No way can we expect them to be stand up people.
Zero threats? What? He literally threatened withholding military aid and delayed it at the time?
In what way was Biden’s worse?

Quick-hands

it's how it works now because the dems changed the rules. the republican leadership will likely protect the democrats.
McConnell sux.

hilarious. let's go blue

ok.

sho. I'd appreciate a list of sho approved resources. maybe give me 20 you will accept. I bet I can make my point from those 20.

Quick-hands

it's how it works now because the dems changed the rules. the republican leadership will likely protect the democrats.
McConnell sux.
The majority party controls the committee chairs, they get to determine what is investigated. When Republicans win The House we will have their brand of Congressional oversight.

Zero threats? What? He literally threatened withholding military aid and delayed it at the time?
Biden said fire him or you don't get a billion....I'm leaving in 6 hours..........son of a *****

Quick-hands

McConnell sux.
The majority party controls the committee chairs, they get to determine what is investigated. When Republicans win The House we will have their brand of Congressional oversight.
yea but it won't be the attack dog democrat version. it will be the milqutoast McConnell version

ho. I'd appreciate a list of sho approved resources. maybe give me 20 you will accept. I bet I can make my point from those 20.
What are you talking about. Try making any point. you ran away from it in the other thread after being the one complaining about a source.
Try any real source. Not some quack on youtube. Or in your own words show how this was somehow worse than threatening the withholding of military aid to dig up dirt on his opponent. Anything…

6 hours or ur not getting a billion

Biden said fire him or you don't get a billion....I'm leaving in 6 hours..........son of a *****
So bavk to again when he was VP? And he was following official US policy and that of our allies wanting a guy out of office who was not going after corruption?
You want to impeach him for something he did while he was not POTUS? Or just rehashing the same tired argument that was weak before and even worse now thinking it’s relevant.

ho. I'd appreciate a list of sho approved resources. maybe give me 20 you will accept. I bet I can make my point from those 20.
What are you talking about. Try making any point. you ran away from it in the other thread after being the one complaining about a source.
Try any real source. Not some quack on youtube. Or in your own words show how this was somehow worse than threatening the withholding of military aid to dig up dirt on his opponent. Anything…
give me 20 you will accept. run away away from u? It's cuz the depth of your argument. I just need to know what kind of resources you think are ok? help a dullard out.

Quick-hands

McConnell sux.
yea but it won't be the attack dog democrat version. it will be the milqutoast McConnell version
Riiiigght.

give me 20 you will accept. run away away from u? It's cuz the depth of your argument. I just need to know what kind of resources you think are ok? help a dullard out.
You did in the Durham thread yes…
How about any source. Something. Even Fox, AP, BBc, Reuters…something not far right or left who actually has a decemt reputation for facts. A source of facts not just some opinion or bogus paraphrase.

So bavk to again when he was VP? And he was following official US policy and that of our allies wanting a guy out of office who was not going after corruption?
You want to impeach him for something he did while he was not POTUS? Or just rehashing the same tired argument that was weak before and even worse now thinking it’s relevant.
you are right. Trump gets a free pass and a blank sheet as president. can we stick to just what happened to each as president?

you are right. Trump gets a free pass and a blank sheet as president. can we stick to just what happened to each as president?
Id prefer sticking ti anything relevant…your posts are all over the place in this one.
Free pass…not really…but neither does Biden. So far you haven’t really brought anything to the table.

You did in the Durham thread yes…
How about any source. Something. Even Fox, AP, BBc, Reuters…something not far right or left who actually has a decemt reputation for facts. A source of facts not just some opinion or bogus paraphrase.
no I'm asking for sources you accept. otherwise how can I build an argument. I'm gonna insist. I asked for 20. you gave me fox reuters BBC ap 16 to go

Id prefer sticking ti anything relevant…your posts are all over the place in this one.
Free pass…not really…but neither does Biden. So far you haven’t really brought anything to the table.
if only I had 20 resources I could focus like a laser beem

Users who are viewing this thread