What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Impeachment Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I am old enough to remember when soliciting a foreign government to influence an election in your favor was impeachment material.

Biden trying to get Saudi Arabia to influence election?
Funny how the blue team completely lost their **** when DJT had a similar situation with Ukraine. Now we have complete silence.
How was it similar? Digging dirt on an opponent and withholding military aid vs trying to get them to ease price? Its not in the same universe.
Obviously many people don’t share your opinion. However, it is not very common to see a Biden Regime apologist in the wild.

I am old enough to remember when soliciting a foreign government to influence an election in your favor was impeachment material.

Funny how the blue team completely lost their **** when DJT had a similar situation with Ukraine. Now we have complete silence.
How was it similar? Digging dirt on an opponent and withholding military aid vs trying to get them to ease price? Its not in the same universe.
Both were designed around naked political gain.
One was threatening withholding aid to hurt his opponent. The other trying to just get favorable news and not threatening anything. Again…not even close to the same and not even close to impeachable.

Obviously many people don’t share your opinion. However, it is not very common to see a Biden Regime apologist in the wild.
Many people is a sign that is a terrible comparison.

I don't agree with your take on what you perceive as attempted spin to intended to mislead people, since it is so easily fact checked.

it wasn't an attempt to mislead

Biden simply can't remember and got confused ........... have you never been around old people with memory problems and thought processing compromised?

Joe acts just like an old old man with mental slowness/cognitive issues

Would it not be more recommended and honorable for the person to simply tell the truth? "My son served in Iraq. He was on the legal team there, not a soldier seeing action. A few years after returning home, he developed cancer and later passed."

Joe likely doesn't remember that as he's speaking, his mind drifts and he links to things that seem relevant to what the conversation is about

he's just a poor old man in mental decline

I was honestly excited to call out some of the Libs when this popped up on Twitter.

Oddly, even Fox News doesn't have a piece on Biden's corruption. They do however have a piece on Biden's response to Saudi Arabia cutting oil exports in what appears to be a show of solidarity with Russia.

So, Biden is doing what seems to be an appropriate response.

Back to the topic of impeachment. Do folks in here really think there are High Crimes and Misdemeanors committed in this administration?

As incompetent as this administration has been I can only think of one instance where Joe stepped over the line (he stepped way over the line). For the second executive order extending the eviction moratorium the administration did this knowing, and admitting, that this was unconstitutional and was a delaying tactic. For that he should definitely be impeached. I'm not seeing it on the myriad other items discussed. Those seem to be more in the realm of gross incompetence, which sadly isn't an impeachable offense.
emptying our strategic oil reserve during these times is impeachable imo.

One was threatening withholding aid to hurt his opponent. The other trying to just get favorable news and not threatening anything. Again…not even close to the same and not even close to impeachable.
if you shouldn't do it, you shouldn't do it. unless ya know blue team.

You know the drill in here. Sad.

Back to the topic of impeachment. Do folks in here really think there are High Crimes and Misdemeanors committed in this administration?

As incompetent as this administration has been I can only think of one instance where Joe stepped over the line (he stepped way over the line). For the second executive order extending the eviction moratorium the administration did this knowing, and admitting, that this was unconstitutional and was a delaying tactic. For that he should definitely be impeached. I'm not seeing it on the myriad other items discussed. Those seem to be more in the realm of gross incompetence, which sadly isn't an impeachable offense.
emptying our strategic oil reserve during these times is impeachable imo.
Remember when the dems blocked Trump from replenishing the reserves when oil was $24/barrel and now applauding Biden for doing it at $86/Barrel? Pepperidge farms remembers...

Truly amazing people approve of the Biden presidency so far.

Not sure anyone really does, but we are in a "holding pattern" right now. Biden will not run again but he still has 2 years left.
I do. He’s far exceeded my expectations, which granted were low.

If you limit your expectations, you will not be disappointed. You did not expect much so you are not disappointed. I was hoping for much better times.

Not sure anyone really does, but we are in a "holding pattern" right now. Biden will not run again but he still has 2 years left.

If you limit your expectations, you will not be disappointed. You did not expect much so you are not disappointed. I was hoping for much better times.
Unfortunately, the people who helped Biden win all have a hand in bringing all of us down. Look at how you're living compared to 3 years ago. And if you have real estate, investments, 401's, etc., you just have to realize that it is highly unlikely, unless you are under 30, that you will ever financially recover from this in your entire lifetime and maybe your spouse's if you are 10 years older or so. There are Americans out there that abetted in spiting the face to cut off the nose and it dragged us all down.

I think the IRA will go down as the most influential piece of legislation of the century so far. I still can’t believe he got it thru.

And if you have real estate, investments, 401's, etc., you just have to realize that it is highly unlikely, unless you are under 30, that you will ever financially recover from this in your entire lifetime
I'm not sure you have any clue here. I'm well north of 30 and my net worth has soared the last 3 years.
Very happy with my vote.

I think the IRA will go down as the most influential piece of legislation of the century so far. I still can’t believe he got it thru.

:confused: I knew it would go through as the had control of house and senate. Manchin was the only holdout.

One major flaw though was the title of the bill. I voted for Biden but we really had no choice.

He shouldn’t try to get lower gas prices even if temporary?

He’s No DeSantis. Nothing has improved in months. It was a lot of kickbacks, handouts, and green shakedowns.

DeSantis rebuilt the Sanibel bridge in 10 days!!!

That’s leadership

:confused: I knew it would go through as the had control of house and senate. Manchin was the only holdout.

One major flaw though was the title of the bill. I voted for Biden but we really had no choice.
every bill is incorrectly titled. The renewable energy provisions will be game changing.

He can do that in a myriad of ways domestically with the stroke of his pen. The solutions are right here, on our shores. With regards to SA, no, he absolutely should not ask for a limited increase in oil production to get them through midterms. Pulling in a foreign power to deliberately meddle in our elections is detestable.

Last edited:
He can do that in a myriad of ways domestically with the swipe of his pen. The solutions are right here, on our shores. With regards to SA, no, he absolutely should not ask for a limited increase in oil production to get them through midterms. Pulling in a foreign power to deliberately meddle in our elections is detestable.
Calling that meddling in our elections is an odd take IMO.

um no, not if he is doing it just to get them to wait until after the mid terms. I was told that the biggest problem with trumps phone call was he was trying to get a political benefit.

if the Saudis waited a month then raised prices to which party would that benefit?

He can do that in a myriad of ways domestically with the swipe of his pen. The solutions are right here, on our shores. With regards to SA, no, he absolutely should not ask for a limited increase in oil production to get them through midterms. Pulling in a foreign power to deliberately meddle in our elections is detestable.
Calling that meddling in our elections is an odd take IMO.
hey guys, wait til next month to affect our elections. thanks -joe biden

Amazing, our president calls out a hostile country to pretty much the whole world cutting oil production when they should be increasing production and the Republicans want to impeach him.
this rings kinda hollow on the same day he suspended oil leases in Colorado. don't go begging to hostile country. how about that democrat.

um no, not if he is doing it just to get them to wait until after the mid terms. I was told that the biggest problem with trumps phone call was he was trying to get a political benefit.

if the Saudis waited a month then raised prices to which party would that benefit?
I am old enough to remember the term Foreign Quid Pro Quo. What happened yesterday is exactly what Trump was impeached for. Exactly.

it was withholding military aid to get personal political benefit…and you know it.

I am old enough to remember the term Foreign Quid Pro Quo. What happened yesterday is exactly what Trump was impeached for. Exactly.
What was the quid pro quo? What did he threaten? Exactly? Please. Such a weak comparison. Really really bad.

it was withholding military aid to get personal political benefit…and you know it.
well nothing was withheld and they didn't investigate so theres that.

how about. fire that guy or you don't get a billion dollars. guy was fired they got the money.

What was the quid pro quo? What did he threaten? Exactly? Please. Such a weak comparison. Really really bad.
Did I say Threaten? No, I didn't. But since you asked:

quid pro quo

kwĭd′ prō kwō′

noun​

1. Something that is given in return for something else or accepted as a reciprocal part of an exchange.
  2. Something given for something else; a *** for tat; in law, an equivalent; a thing given or offered in exchange for or in consideration of another; the mutual consideration and performance of either party as toward the other in a contract.
So, where do we stand with this?

The Saudis say they are going to reduce their oil supply. Biden then openly talks to Jake Tapper about "consequences" (his words, not mine) when the house and Senate return for "what they've done". Now, normally, I do think if you tell me there are consequences for my actions, I DO tend to take that as a threat on some level.

Now, Quid Pro Quo. Biden then goes to the partners all across OPEC+ and asks them "well, how bout you just wait a month before you increase the prices?" They said "No". Good write up in the Wall Street Journal outlining the timeline. They reportedly "saw right through the political gambit of the Biden administration". So, the withholding of normally promised weapons in exchange for a pushed back date political benefit. Exact same thing.

Then, Politico, in the complete incomprehension to recognize the hypocrisy, runs an article saying "enough is enough. Democrats rage at Saudis over oil cut. VOW TO BLOCK WEAPONS SALE". Sounds a bit threatening, yes?

An angle of Trump's impeachment was the threat to national security (ours or another country's). Isn't that EXACTLY what was conveyed yesterday? Didn't YOUR president threaten the national security of our country and theirs by conveying "consequences" that would impair their ability to defense via weaponry? Yes he did.

This thread. You can just say that you want to impeach Biden because the last guy was twice. It's ok.
It is not a score card. Nobody is saying doing it because someone else was. They are seeking consistency and fairness in how all presidents are treated and not just one. They are looking for the hypocrisy to end. And even if you didn't have a dog in the fight, you shouldn't be belittled for simply being concerned that the sitting POTUS might be engaging in activities that threaten the security of the country.

This thread. You can just say that you want to impeach Biden because the last guy was twice. It's ok.
It is not a score card. Nobody is saying doing it because someone else was. They are seeking consistency and fairness in how all presidents are treated and not just one. They are looking for the hypocrisy to end. And even if you didn't have a dog in the fight, you shouldn't be belittled for simply being concerned that the sitting POTUS might be engaging in activities that threaten the security of the country.
Sorry. I really don’t believe any of this.

well nothing was withheld and they didn't investigate so theres that.

how about. fire that guy or you don't get a billion dollars. guy was fired they got the money.
Well it was withheld…also, you going back to him as VP? Dredging up an old conversation where he was following official US policy vs trying to get dirt on his political opponent? At least try to have a good faith discussion just once.

quid pro quo

kwĭd′ prō kwō′

noun​

1. Something that is given in return for something else or accepted as a reciprocal part of an exchange.
  2. Something given for something else; a *** for tat; in law, an equivalent; a thing given or offered in exchange for or in consideration of another; the mutual consideration and performance of either party as toward the other in a contract.

The Saudis say they are going to reduce their oil supply. Biden then openly talks to Jake Tapper about "consequences" (his words, not mine) when the house and Senate return for "what they've done". Now, normally, I do think if you tell me there are consequences for my actions, I DO tend to take that as a threat on some level.

Now, Quid Pro Quo. Biden then goes to the partners all across OPEC+ and asks them "well, how bout you just wait a month before you increase the prices?" They said "No". Good write up in the Wall Street Journal outlining the timeline. They reportedly "saw right through the political gambit of the Biden administration". So, the withholding of normally promised weapons in exchange for a pushed back date political benefit. Exact same thing.

Then, Politico, in the complete incomprehension to recognize the hypocrisy, runs an article saying "enough is enough. Democrats rage at Saudis over oil cut. VOW TO BLOCK WEAPONS SALE". Sounds a bit threatening, yes?

An angle of Trump's impeachment was the threat to national security (ours or another country's). Isn't that EXACTLY what was conveyed yesterday? Didn't YOUR president threaten the national security of our country and theirs by conveying "consequences" that would impair their ability to defense via weaponry? Yes he did.
So he asked for a favor offering nothing really in return? Thanks…thats how it’s obviously different to anyone honestly looking at it.

You don't owe me any apology.

Do you believe that of all these people discussing this here (and elsewhere) that this is truly, simply, just boiled down to "these people want a pound of flesh because it happened to "their" guy? This is nothing more than "an eye for an eye" in your opinion? You don't think anyone here approaches this with the simple question of "where is the fairness in this to promote and ensure confidence in our government?".

quid pro quo

kwĭd′ prō kwō′

noun​

So he asked for a favor offering nothing really in return? Thanks…thats how it’s obviously different to anyone honestly looking at it.
hilarious. let's go blue

Do you believe that of all these people discussing this here (and elsewhere) that this is truly, simply, just boiled down to "these people want a pound of flesh because it happened to "their" guy? This is nothing more than "an eye for an eye" in your opinion? You don't think anyone here approaches this with the simple question of "where is the fairness in this to promote and ensure confidence in our government?".
The opening post is an article about Majorie Taylor Green‘s articles of impeachment she is introducing. That’s not a great start.

The opening post is an article about Majorie Taylor Green‘s articles of impeachment she is introducing. That’s not a great start.
when was first article of impeachment introduced in 2017?

hilarious. let's go blue
It wasn't good for Biden…looks weak. But not impeachable is the point. Blue…meh…just the truth of the difference in this and the justified impeachment of Trump. Which is the only reason people are making an issue of this. Because Trump got caught acting that poorly…

quid pro quo

kwĭd′ prō kwō′

noun​

I explained it to you very clearly. I can't make you understand it. You see, sometimes, the "threat" is actually the withholding of something; not an obvious, open offering of something. Think back to when you were a small child...chronologically. If your parents ever said "eat all your dinner or no dessert", it was not that they were promising you additional food should you eat all your dinner. It was that they were threatening to NOT provide you with additional food you might find yummy and useful should you choose NOT to do what they wanted.

Understand a bit better, now?

Users who are viewing this thread