What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Lord Stanley's Cup Playoff Thread: Getzlaf 15 charges four game 6 tickets, a limo, and five steak sandwiches to Cav's room. FBG CORNHOLE A (1 Viewer)

Who wins the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs?

• Capitals

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Penguins

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Habitants

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Rangers

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Bruins

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Senators

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Blue Jackets

• Blackhawks

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Predators

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Blues

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Wild

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Flames

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharks

• Oilers

• Ducks

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Ottawa doing a good job taking away the slot. Pens keep trying to force action up the middle. Late in second, they did better job of cycling.

With Tiger out, the top of the PGA leaderboard is almost meaningless--golf fans will watch regardless.
Latter part is true but Jason Day, Dustin Johnson,  any kind of name golfer would make NBC happier.

They'll be pimping Sergio tomorrow like crazy.

I dont understand that icing call. I could see offsides but draw waa sent all the way back to zone. And I think Pens changed players.

Confused 

Code:
You want a toe?  I can get you a toe, believe me.  There are ways, Dude.  You don't wanna know aboutit, believe me.

An Ottawa/Nashville final would be a nightmare scenario for the NHL.
Eh, the NHL has had plenty of finals in recent years with marquee/big city teams, and nothing really moves the scale.  Hockey's popularity is what it is (mostly diehards), and I doubt a Pittsburgh/Anaheim final would all of a sudden being converting non-diehards. 

Ottawa/Anaheim isn't exactly a great draw for the NHL either. See: 2007 Stanley Cup Finals.

The 2007 Stanley Cup Final was also notable for its exceptionally poor television ratings in the United States.

Games one and two were carried by cable channel Versus, then a new and little known player on the sports television scene.
Game one produced a 0.5 national rating or 523,000 households. It was the 58th best rated program of that day. Game two produced a 0.4 national rating or 446,000 households, lower than the 2006 WNBA All-Star Game on ESPN which drew 447,000 households. It was the 74th best rated program of that day.

Game three's coverage on NBC garnered a mere 1.1 rating (approximately 1,205,600 households), making it the lowest rated prime-time broadcast in the network's history. Game four achieved a 1.9 rating (approximately 2,082,400 households), down 5% from game four the previous year.Game five received slightly less, 1.8 (approximately 1,972,800 households).As a whole, NBC's ratings for the championship series were down 20 percent from the previous season, making it the least watched final in the United States.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Stanley_Cup_Finals#Television_ratings

Last edited by a moderator:
Maatta is so clearly the worst player on the ice every single game. I can't believe the Pens can't suit up someone better.
Is Streit banned from the playoffs or something? Not saying he's a big difference maker but he's at least a reliable veteran. 

great game by the Sens, solid conservative game plan is how they need to play.  sick finish by Ryan, guy has really flipped a switch somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread