What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (2 Viewers)

If I were in charge of this show, I'd have broken it up into 30 minute episodes. Make them all 2 parters, with the occassional 4 parter. The sabbaticals are simply too much. They've got 18 hour long episodes in 2010. I think most everyone would prefer 36 new episodes, 30 minutes each.

If I were in charge of this show, I'd have broken it up into 30 minute episodes. Make them all 2 parters, with the occassional 4 parter. The sabbaticals are simply too much. They've got 18 hour long episodes in 2010. I think most everyone would prefer 36 new episodes, 30 minutes each.
This has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Giant Wooden Badger said:
There was apparently an Oceanic Air billboard in Flash Forward last night, with the slogan "Perfect Safety Record". More fuel for the alternate timeline theory starting season 6.
That's effing sweet. Maybe the event that knocked everyone out is what triggered the LOST plane to crash. :loco:
That just gave me the chills...that'd be pretty freaking sweet if they melded the two...maybe i need to start watching Flash Forward.
not thinking that is possible considering the dates don't match up. LOST plane goes down in 2004 while the Flash Forward scenario plays out in 2009.
Did you watch the comic con videos?

KGB said:
Giant Wooden Badger said:
There was apparently an Oceanic Air billboard in Flash Forward last night, with the slogan "Perfect Safety Record". More fuel for the alternate timeline theory starting season 6.
That's effing sweet. Maybe the event that knocked everyone out is what triggered the LOST plane to crash. :confused:
That just gave me the chills...that'd be pretty freaking sweet if they melded the two...maybe i need to start watching Flash Forward.
not thinking that is possible considering the dates don't match up. LOST plane goes down in 2004 while the Flash Forward scenario plays out in 2009.
Did you watch the comic con videos?
Okay, then maybe that's what happens when the island moves. :shrug:I'm sure they could tie it in somehow. Seriously doubt that they will. Just fun to think about.

From a blog site, we have the first Lost Season 6 trailer

Don't get too excited though. There's nothing new in it. The quote on the blog site:

’m hearing from Lost sources that every single shot of the first few episodes are so revealing that the producers have convinced ABC to NOT SHOW A SINGLE FRAME before the new season airs. No promo scenes, no photos, no nada! So you will be completely in the dark, but it is for good reason: The twists they’re planning are so good, you will WANT to be surprised. Trust me. Your mind gonna go kaplewey.
If this holds, I'll be impressed with the ABC suits being smart enough to do this.

Don't get too excited though. There's nothing new in it. The quote on the blog site:

’m hearing from Lost sources that every single shot of the first few episodes are so revealing that the producers have convinced ABC to NOT SHOW A SINGLE FRAME before the new season airs. No promo scenes, no photos, no nada! So you will be completely in the dark, but it is for good reason: The twists they’re planning are so good, you will WANT to be surprised. Trust me. Your mind gonna go kaplewey.
If this holds, I'll be impressed with the ABC suits being smart enough to do this.
Pleae, they got to be kidding. Not a single frame in hours of show? Not even a reaction shot?

Pleae, they got to be kidding. Not a single frame in hours of show? Not even a reaction shot?
:wall: It is very comforting in this age new technologies and fast moving life that some things never change. Instead of focusing on the awesome twists or mind blowing shows, you get upset that we won't see any previews?

:rolleyes: It is very comforting in this age new technologies and fast moving life that some things never change. Instead of focusing on the awesome twists or mind blowing shows, you get upset that we won't see any previews?
That wasn't the intent of my post bugs. It's crazy to think there isn't a single "a single frame" available that won't blow a major mystery. That's nut's.

Funny quote on 30 Rock the other night.....Jenna (airhead actress) said:

"I've friends with JJ Abrahms....one time he told me the island was just Hurley's dream, but I don't know what that means"

No Spoilers Included

Nrama: Are you in the home stretch of Lost right now?

Lindelof: It doesn't quite feel like the home...in the grand scheme of things, we have nine more episodes to write, having written a hundred and, you know, ten episodes at this point, it's relatively the home stretch, but it feels like we're in the weeds as they say in the TV business.

Nrama: Is it true that they're not going to show any previews before the season starts?

Lindelof: That is the marketing strategy that we are trying to impose upon our masters. Well, I can't unequivocally say that we'll be able to hold the embargo up until the actual premiere, but it's pretty cool that we're not showing anything as late as November, so we'll see...I think once the show starts, once we're back on, then we'll start showing people what we're up to, but I think even a single scene from the show would tip what it is we're doing this year. What it is we're doing this year is different from what we've done in other years.

Nrama: You've said you're done with time travel. The whole season of Lost and Star Trek, you're done with time travel.

Lindelof: I was just being cranky. [laughs] No, between Trek and Lost, you know, the amount of times that I said, 'paradox' in a given day was way more than anybody should ever say, 'paradox' in a given day. So I think that, Lost wouldn't be Lost if the idea of time travel, and by that I mean, the show jumps around in time, it's non-linear story telling, you kind of have to do flashes of light and dropping into World War II...that stuff we did in season five, and it was a lot of fun. And thank god we got out without causing any major paradoxes.

One of the great things about the last season of the show is that a lot of the writers are beginning to feel the way that we felt in season one. The idea of we're kind of returning to the same kind of storytelling that kind of put us on the map in the first place, and resolving some of these mysteries that people have been...this has got to be a record for how much patience people have. But the idea that we're trying to answer some of these questions, you know, create this incredible nostalgia, especially when you're doing it through the characters. And the actors who were there in the very beginning. So it's pretty cool. Theoretically.

Nrama: You talked about resolving Lost mysteries. Will one or two remain unresolved for people to debate ever after?

Lindelof: I think that there are some Lost mysteries that we're not even aware are mysteries. That's the thing. People ask us questions and I'm like, 'What are you talking about?' Like, 'Are we ever going to find out who murdered Scott?' And I was like, 'Ethan murdered him.' And they're like, 'Well, but did he?' I'm like, 'Yes! Yes he did!' So for the mysteries that we acknowledge as mysteries, they will be answered. But then there are mysteries that should never be solved. Then there are things like the midichlorian issue, which is essentially, was anyone really saying, 'How does the Force work?' You know? We just sort of accepted that it works. So I think that there are some mysteries like, 'Why is the island and island?' that aren't mysteries to me, because that's what it is.

Nrama: Now I've been told to ask you about something on the Season 5 Blu-ray called, “Lost University”.

Lindelof: Our guys have cooked up, I think, a really cool course. There are certain areas, like Physics, where you can really educate yourself looking at the show and prepare yourself for what's to come. We've always looked at Lost as a potentially collegiate experience, which is to say, if you want to get your masters degree backwards and forwards...but you can just sort of like, cruise through and get your B.A. And I think people are now starting their own fraternities and sororities in Lost U but once you get the DVD and go online and you sign up for some courses, hopefully the show will make a little more sense than it does now. We acknowledge that it's not the easiest thing to watch in the world.

Nrama: So there will be some hints about the next season in there?

Lindelof: In “Lost University”? Hints...I think there will be sort of a, 'You might want to go back and review this.' It's sort of like when a teacher tells you, 'There might be a pop quiz tomorrow, and if there is, you might want to read chapters nine, ten and twelve.' It's going to be that kind of experience, I hope.

Not being able to show a single "scene" makes more sense than a single frame. But even tht's a bid absurd = but we'll see.

Lost starts Feb 2

An hourlong special recounting the story line so far will air at 8 p.m. EST Tuesday, Feb. 2, followed by the two-hour season premiere.

"Lost" will move to its regular 9-10 p.m. EST time slot beginning the following week, on Feb. 9, the network said Thursday.

There could have been a clue in front of our faces about Jacob from the pilot episode of the entire series.The clue I'm talking about comes from the comic book [Green Lantern and Flash: Faster Friends Part One] we see Walt reading (which we later learn belong to Hurley).Pretty much every page of the comic book that has been shown in the entire show has turned out to be significant.1) There is the page with the polar bear, and Walt is attacked by a polar bear. Walt also received a stuffed polar bear from his dad as a gift.2) The next page has a picture of a castle inside of a dome. This is pretty much what the island is. A "snowglobe" as Desmond has said. There is no way in, no way out (unless you are following the exact bearing and you know the exact location of the island. The island is basically inside of a dome.Now here's the crazy part...3) The third page, has dialogue on it between the Flash, Green Lantern, and Alien X.

FLASH: What are you planning to do? What's the harm in tellingus that much? We're only Puppets to you anyway.ALIEN X: Dying - is what I am doing. Because of Gunther, because of you, I amriddled with disease. But I will share my pain.GREEN LANTERN: We understand how you must feel. What we did halfa century ago, it was wrong, and what's been done to you since is beyondforgiveness. But if someone has to pay for that ...FLASH: Let it be us.GREEN LANTERN: No innocents need to be hurt.
Maybe Jacob had planned to die all along? I could see a conversation like this taking place between a group of 3 such as Jacob-Locke-Ben or something of that nature.Jacob did not seem very worried for someone who knew he was about to die at the end of the Incident. IMO it was all a part of a bigger plan.-imjoshsizemore(tpt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not watched the first four seasons in a good couple of years and I am now working my way through season 1. I am through the first eight episodes and even if I just picked the show up today I would keep watching this. The first few episodes have to drag in an audience and the first eight are spectacular from a story telling perspective. They laid a great ground to build on and since I have not watched these in a while, I do not remember all of the happenings. I am trying to refresh things in my mind before the final season hits.

Charlie has an episode, the seventh one, and I like that one the best so far of the eight I have rewatched. The first Kate one was great but the Charlie one was top notch. That episode, to me, took the show from a story telling show to an actual quality story show. It made you begin to care about a character and opens the door to care for other characters as well. The eighth show is Sawyer related and has a similar effect as Charlies. Also, the first Sun/Jin show, might be the sixth show, had the first "wow" moment for me. When Sun tells Michael she can speak English, it was pretty moving. Yeah, we all know she can but until that point it was a "wow" moment.

First 5 seasons on Blue ray for $108 at amazon right now. LOST Deal I believe the price stays at the deal until they are sold out. The dvd versions are $73 for first 5 seasons.

madshot31 said:
First 5 seasons on Blue ray for $108 at amazon right now. LOST Deal I believe the price stays at the deal until they are sold out. The dvd versions are $73 for first 5 seasons.
Must have sold out. Thanks I was ready to jump on that

Maybe Jacob had planned to die all along? I could see a conversation like this taking place between a group of 3 such as Jacob-Locke-Ben or something of that nature.

Jacob did not seem very worried for someone who knew he was about to die at the end of the Incident. IMO it was all a part of a bigger plan.

-imjoshsizemore(tpt)
What's the ruling on putting Season 5 spoilers in the Season 6 thread? Or is anything already shown in an episode considered fair game? Can't wait for the new season to start.

Just finished a ~3 week marathon watching the whole series to date. Other than some "amateur" acting the show is top notch. Greatly written and the editing is out of this world. Many questions remain however season 5 did clear up a lot and put some of the previous questions that had come up in perspective, as in, not that important to the overall story. That said, February cannot come fast enough to get this thing started up again. Wednesday's will never feel the same without LOST. This show deserves many awards this year and if it does not receive any/many then something is wrong in the television world.

Just finished a ~3 week marathon watching the whole series to date. Other than some "amateur" acting the show is top notch. Greatly written and the editing is out of this world. Many questions remain however season 5 did clear up a lot and put some of the previous questions that had come up in perspective, as in, not that important to the overall story. That said, February cannot come fast enough to get this thing started up again. Wednesday's will never feel the same without LOST. This show deserves many awards this year and if it does not receive any/many then something is wrong in the television world.
:coffee:

Maybe Jacob had planned to die all along? I could see a conversation like this taking place between a group of 3 such as Jacob-Locke-Ben or something of that nature.

Jacob did not seem very worried for someone who knew he was about to die at the end of the Incident. IMO it was all a part of a bigger plan.

-imjoshsizemore(tpt)
What's the ruling on putting Season 5 spoilers in the Season 6 thread? Or is anything already shown in an episode considered fair game? Can't wait for the new season to start.
i would say season 5 spoilers are fine in the season 6 thread. i have never watched Lost prior to the last month. I just stayed out of these threads until i caught up. BTW this show is AWESOME! not sure how i missed it.

I watched the ComicCon video and Dominic M's hand said "Am I alive?" leading me to believe that a lot of this season will be about what happened with no plane crash.

1) LA X- Them landing safely

2) What Kate Does-The opposite of What Kate Did, an episode in season 2.

I just hope they get to the bottom of Libby's story.

:rolleyes:

Does anyone know why the switch to Tuesday? So far, the show has been on on Wednesday's and Thursday's, no? Why the need to switch days again? American Idol competition? Or something else entirely?

Working my way through the seasons. I used to watch the show on a old standard tv, now I am going back through in hd blue-ray. The show is crazy with how good the visuals are. Eko is still a beast and I still hate claire.

I watched the ComicCon video and Dominic M's hand said "Am I alive?" leading me to believe that a lot of this season will be about what happened with no plane crash.

1) LA X- Them landing safely

2) What Kate Does-The opposite of What Kate Did, an episode in season 2.

I just hope they get to the bottom of Libby's story.
I don't think they are going to do this.Libby is the only main character not to have a centric episode detailing her life before the crash. The writers said that a reason for killing the character was so that they could explore her backstory in a mysterious and posthumous way. The producers intended to explore Libby's backstory through flashbacks in the show's third season, and later in the fourth season, although her character did not appear. Although she appeared in "Meet Kevin Johnson", her backstory was not explored. In September 2008, the writers stated that her backstory would probably be explored in the fifth season; however, Lindelof revealed in May 2009 that her story would not be explored any further, saying, "I have learned that if you kill someone off the show, they are less likely to cooperate with you". The producers said that Watros was busy with other commitments, and they could not reveal Libby's story without her.

madshot31 said:
Working my way through the seasons. I used to watch the show on a old standard tv, now I am going back through in hd blue-ray. The show is crazy with how good the visuals are. Eko is still a beast and I still hate claire.
FYI, all 5 seasons are free on Hulu right now, for those who want to catch up or re-watch.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
SmoovySmoov said:
The Dude said:
Pardon my ignorance, but that makes which character Judas?
and where is faraday?
Wasn't he shot and killed? Unless the bomb reset everything and nobody's actually dead...ahhh #### it...I'm just gonna watch and hopefully enjoy.
by his own mother, but i feel like he and desmond have such a role in the whole time paradox angle that he isnt done.ETA: and no Desmond there either.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
SmoovySmoov said:
The Dude said:
and where is faraday?
Wasn't he shot and killed? Unless the bomb reset everything and nobody's actually dead...ahhh #### it...I'm just gonna watch and hopefully enjoy.
by his own mother, but i feel like he and desmond have such a role in the whole time paradox angle that he isnt done.ETA: and no Desmond there either.
Or Charlie. :shrug:

While we're all waiting for another 27+ days....

At detailed so far in this thread, it seems like some hints are pointing at a reset / alternate timeline and the plane landing safely in LAX without ever having crashed on the island.

So with that let's all kill some time and play "what if"... What if the plane never crashed?

(Add your own insight no matter how major, minor, goofey, meaningless)

SmoovySmoov said:
The Dude said:
You can probably make a case for somebody based on seat placement but one of the major things about Judas in that painting was the placement of the his hands. I believe he was signalling to his throat as a veiled threat.Personally, I think the promo piece is weak if it's not going to include some type of clue. Replicating that painting is overdone and done better.

What if the plane never crashed?
Charlie - Alive but addicted to heroinLocke - Alive but still wheelchair boundKate - Still in Federal custody and on her way to the slammerJin and Sun - Continue down the path of separatingDesmond - Still in the hatch, no possible contact/reunification with PenelopeHoping this will progress into some deeper issues we may not think of off the top of our heads like:The Oceanic 6 don't escape and then go back to end up in the 70's to F up Ben's life.

Or Charlie. :mellow:
We're probably overanalyzing this, but that's kinda what we do around here. But, I think it's pretty interesting that some people were included in that photo, while others, as noted above are omitted. Ilana is included, but not Bram. Claire is there, but not Faraday. Lapidus is there, but not Desmond, and I'm sure there are others we could come up with.The biggest difference I see in the promo picture from the actual Last Supper painting is that in the painting the disciples seem to be speaking to each other and pointing at Jesus. In this photo, everyone is staring at Locke and waiting expectantly.

I can't wait to see the temple and what happens in there, see the people on the black rock, see the statue get destroyed, see what's up with the wispers, see why jack is in the jungle instead of in the water, see how they knew to build the landing strip, why did the others live in the shacks, what's up with that wierd room the kid was strapped down in, what's up with walt and the birds, where is claire, how did the polar bears escape, what exactly are jacob and the man in black (smoke monster?) Fighting over? why did they steal the children. Fwew

somebody remind me what's up with Desmond last we saw?

Is Feb 2 a recap episode or the real deal?
Re: Desmond (from Lostpedia) this is the last reference I can find regarding Desmond. From The Variable Episode 14 of Season 5
Desmond, after being shot by Ben, is rushed to the hospital to undergo surgery. A desperate Penny is left outside with her son Charlie. She is approached by Eloise Hawking, who comments that Charlie has his father's hair. Eloise reveals that she knows Desmond, and that his injury is her son's fault. Penny asks if Eloise's son is Ben, but Eloise replies instead that it is Daniel. Eloise apologizes for her son's actions. Penny asks Eloise if Desmond will be all right, but Eloise says she does not know. Eloise says that for the first time in a long time she does not know what will happen next. Soon afterward, a nurse approaches Penny and tells her that Desmond is in the recovery room; implying the surgery was successful. Penny leaves little Charlie with the nurse and rushes to meet Desmond, who reminds her of his promise that he would never leave her...
IIRC, Feb 2, begins with a 1-hour recap from 8-9 EST, and a 2 hour premiere right after it.

Users who are viewing this thread