What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

In this photo, everyone is staring at Locke and waiting expectantly.
Not everyone... Lapidus is actually looking off to the left and Sayid appears like he 'might' be looking right past Locke and eyeballing Lapidus.Also, there's an alternate version of the photo here that shows some of the characters shuffled around. Jin and Sun are closer together, Miles and Claire swap places...

Edit to add: Original Photo for quick reference between the two versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The two most important people are not in either photo. Rose and Bernard. Where are they?

Thinking back and if there is a time paradox, off the top of my head, it began in the 70's when Eloise shot her son. At that time she knew something more was going on if she would eventually shoot her kid but she would later realize it when Daniel grew up to look exactly like the person she shot.

Other paradoxes might exist between John and Richard however Richard seems to be a wild card here in that we do not know what his exact role is... since he never ages and such. Although, another paradox might exist when Widmore meets Locke as well as Widmore meeting Kate and Jack. Although we have never seen Kate and Jack talking with Widmore off island however Widmore would know something was going to happen in the future and thus knows about the time differences.

If the incident is actually an incident that did not happen from what other characters have referred to as "The Incident" and blowing up the bomb was the "alternative" to what we have all ready witnessed then the island, assuming the bomb did what bombs do, blew up the island or at least all of its inhabitants. Thus killing each Lostie in the past to never return to their correct time thus kept them "killed" from flight 815 going down. The only Losties that would be "missing" would be the Oceanic 6 and of those indirectly, Aaron and Walt, for what we know, are the only survivors.

Also, this is not the first time we have seen the color this picture has used. We saw it with, I think Charlie and Claire, when Aaron was in the manger. Season 2 episode maybe.

The two most important people are not in either photo. Rose and Bernard. Where are they?
I'm totally on board with the theory that Rose & Bernard are:
If true then the bomb did not blow up the island. Maybe the bomb caused or jump started the electromagnetism effect of moving the island. If that is anywhere near true that could be why it is difficult to now find the island. When Widmore was kicked off the island I don't recall any notifications to him or others that he would never be able to find the island again. I think that came later when, possibly, Eloise left and met him on the mainland since she was there when The Incident happened.

Or Charlie. :mellow:
We're probably overanalyzing this, but that's kinda what we do around here. But, I think it's pretty interesting that some people were included in that photo, while others, as noted above are omitted. Ilana is included, but not Bram. Claire is there, but not Faraday. Lapidus is there, but not Desmond, and I'm sure there are others we could come up with.The biggest difference I see in the promo picture from the actual Last Supper painting is that in the painting the disciples seem to be speaking to each other and pointing at Jesus. In this photo, everyone is staring at Locke and waiting expectantly.
I assumed some fanboy did the pic. Maybe I need to look closer if you are saying it's a real promo photo.

####, at first I didn't want to watch the first 5 seasons to prep,but now i do
Just as an aside, I got Season 5 for Christmas on DVD. I had asked for Blu-Ray, but this came from my technologically challenged parents, so I appreciated the effort. Because I'm anal retentive about things like that, I took the unopened DVDs back to Wal-Mart and got a gift card for 49.99 plus tax. I then went to walmart.com and ordered the Blu-Ray with standard shipping. Actually cost a dollar less than what was put on the card via the DVDs. The Blu-Rays came yesterday. Soooooooo worth it. Besides the hi-def picture and sound, you also get LOST University on the Blu-Ray Features. You sign up for a ID# and PIN online, and then you control it through your Blu-Ray player. You sign up for different classes, sit through lectures, take exams, have a GPA, make the Dean's List, etc. Played around with it last night, and it was really really cool. One of the classes I signed up for was the Physics of Time Travel, and it had all these professors on there explaining time and space, etc. Probably the best explanation of the Theory of Relativity I have ever heard. Heartily recommend if you are a fan of the show to go Blu-Ray.

Just as an aside, I got Season 5 for Christmas on DVD. I had asked for Blu-Ray, but this came from my technologically challenged parents, so I appreciated the effort. Because I'm anal retentive about things like that, I took the unopened DVDs back to Wal-Mart and got a gift card for 49.99 plus tax. I then went to walmart.com and ordered the Blu-Ray with standard shipping. Actually cost a dollar less than what was put on the card via the DVDs. The Blu-Rays came yesterday. Soooooooo worth it. Besides the hi-def picture and sound, you also get LOST University on the Blu-Ray Features. You sign up for a ID# and PIN online, and then you control it through your Blu-Ray player. You sign up for different classes, sit through lectures, take exams, have a GPA, make the Dean's List, etc. Played around with it last night, and it was really really cool. One of the classes I signed up for was the Physics of Time Travel, and it had all these professors on there explaining time and space, etc. Probably the best explanation of the Theory of Relativity I have ever heard. Heartily recommend if you are a fan of the show to go Blu-Ray.
I think you just broke the nerd smilie.

:blackdot: Does anyone know why the switch to Tuesday? So far, the show has been on on Wednesday's and Thursday's, no? Why the need to switch days again? American Idol competition? Or something else entirely?
I think only the first episode of season 6 is on a Tuesday, then it goes back to Thursday, unless I'm mistaken. Is it a coincidence that it premiers on Tues. Feb. 2nd which is Groundhog Day?

:blackdot: Does anyone know why the switch to Tuesday? So far, the show has been on on Wednesday's and Thursday's, no? Why the need to switch days again? American Idol competition? Or something else entirely?
I think only the first episode of season 6 is on a Tuesday, then it goes back to Thursday, unless I'm mistaken. Is it a coincidence that it premiers on Tues. Feb. 2nd which is Groundhog Day?
The show normally airs on Wednesday nights.

:lmao:

I think you just.................broke the................shut up, Richard.

In this photo, everyone is staring at Locke and waiting expectantly.
Not everyone... Lapidus is actually looking off to the left and Sayid appears like he 'might' be looking right past Locke and eyeballing Lapidus.Also, there's an alternate version of the photo here that shows some of the characters shuffled around. Jin and Sun are closer together, Miles and Claire swap places...

Edit to add: Original Photo for quick reference between the two versions.
Sayeed and Ben are eyeballing each other. :goodposting:

:) Does anyone know why the switch to Tuesday? So far, the show has been on on Wednesday's and Thursday's, no? Why the need to switch days again? American Idol competition? Or something else entirely?
State of the Union Address may be that night, so dvr'ers beware.They may do the State of the Union January 26th though.It's undecided at this point.

:sleep: Does anyone know why the switch to Tuesday? So far, the show has been on on Wednesday's and Thursday's, no? Why the need to switch days again? American Idol competition? Or something else entirely?
The show normally airs on Wednesday nights.
Looks like ABC is making Wednesday's their "comedy" night. Constant promos last night during Modern Family and Cougar Town about Ugly Betty moving to 10pm Wednesdays making it "ABC Comedy Night Wednesdays."So Lost is probably finishing out its run on a different night.

Looks like ABC is making Wednesday's their "comedy" night. Constant promos last night during Modern Family and Cougar Town about Ugly Betty moving to 10pm Wednesdays making it "ABC Comedy Night Wednesdays."

So Lost is probably finishing out its run on a different night.
It'll be Tuesdays. Here's a quote from earlier in the thread.
Lost starts Feb 2

An hourlong special recounting the story line so far will air at 8 p.m. EST Tuesday, Feb. 2, followed by the two-hour season premiere.

"Lost" will move to its regular 9-10 p.m. EST time slot beginning the following week, on Feb. 9, the network said Thursday.

Desmond - Still in the hatch, no possible contact/reunification with Penelope
Would there be a hatch???
They were building it in the 70's timeline before there was any interference from Jack and the gang.
And isn't that the construction site where they detonated the bomb?
Getting into paradoxes now. Bomb would destroy the hatch, possibly the energy source on the island, possibly the world :excited: , which would ripple down to the plane not crashing on the island (if the world's still around, which I'm assuming it is since there's a new season) and the survivors not coming back to bomb the hatch hence the hatch still existing and Desmond being trapped down there. Your view of the grandfather paradox will probably determine if you the there would be a hatch there or not in the new timeline. Of course there could be some "course correction" where they rebuild or build another hatch or something.They really could go in any direction they want at this point, interested to see where they go.

Desmond - Still in the hatch, no possible contact/reunification with Penelope
Would there be a hatch???
They were building it in the 70's timeline before there was any interference from Jack and the gang.
And isn't that the construction site where they detonated the bomb?
:excited:Everything Jack and the gang did in the 70s was interference.
If I'm not mistaken they were going down the path of building the hatch anyway before the interference. But I don't recall exactly what Faraday's influence was on the site when he was there in the past, maybe his presence led to the plan to build the hatch, I'd have to go back and watch.I remember the metion of the "incident" which led to the keying in of the numbers. Can't remember if that was a separate incident or if they were hinting that was the bomb detonation? I really need to go back and rewatch to I guess.

So with that let's all kill some time and play "what if"... What if the plane never crashed?(Add your own insight no matter how major, minor, goofey, meaningless)
I think they all end up on the island anyway by some other means :yes:
"Course Correction"What's causing it? If the bomb changes the future, does it effect that force as well?
:confused:Really don't know, but under that theory the answer would have to be "no".

If I'm not mistaken they were going down the path of building the hatch anyway before the interference. But I don't recall exactly what Faraday's influence was on the site when he was there in the past, maybe his presence led to the plan to build the hatch, I'd have to go back and watch.I remember the metion of the "incident" which led to the keying in of the numbers. Can't remember if that was a separate incident or if they were hinting that was the bomb detonation? I really need to go back and rewatch to I guess.
From what I recall, they left it ambiguous as to whether the bomb's detonation was "the incident" or not. Easily could be wrong here, though.

I really need to go back and rewatch to I guess.
Season 1 - 1068 mins - 17.8 hoursSeason 2 - 1056 mins - 17.6 hours

Season 3 - 991 mins - 16.5 hours

Season 4 - 604 mins - 10.1 hours

Season 5 - 731 mins - 12.2 hours

Total - 74.2 hours

With ~25 days left... ~3 hours per day.

Ok, don't think I can swing that. :confused:

Anyone else preparing for a let down?

I hope not but its been so great, I almost think anything they do will not live up to hype

I watched the ComicCon video and Dominic M's hand said "Am I alive?" leading me to believe that a lot of this season will be about what happened with no plane crash.

1) LA X- Them landing safely

2) What Kate Does-The opposite of What Kate Did, an episode in season 2.

I just hope they get to the bottom of Libby's story.
I don't think they are going to do this.Libby is the only main character not to have a centric episode detailing her life before the crash. The writers said that a reason for killing the character was so that they could explore her backstory in a mysterious and posthumous way. The producers intended to explore Libby's backstory through flashbacks in the show's third season, and later in the fourth season, although her character did not appear. Although she appeared in "Meet Kevin Johnson", her backstory was not explored. In September 2008, the writers stated that her backstory would probably be explored in the fifth season; however, Lindelof revealed in May 2009 that her story would not be explored any further, saying, "I have learned that if you kill someone off the show, they are less likely to cooperate with you". The producers said that Watros was busy with other commitments, and they could not reveal Libby's story without her.
Things move fast in this business.

I watched the ComicCon video and Dominic M's hand said "Am I alive?" leading me to believe that a lot of this season will be about what happened with no plane crash.

1) LA X- Them landing safely

2) What Kate Does-The opposite of What Kate Did, an episode in season 2.

I just hope they get to the bottom of Libby's story.
I don't think they are going to do this.Libby is the only main character not to have a centric episode detailing her life before the crash. The writers said that a reason for killing the character was so that they could explore her backstory in a mysterious and posthumous way. The producers intended to explore Libby's backstory through flashbacks in the show's third season, and later in the fourth season, although her character did not appear. Although she appeared in "Meet Kevin Johnson", her backstory was not explored. In September 2008, the writers stated that her backstory would probably be explored in the fifth season; however, Lindelof revealed in May 2009 that her story would not be explored any further, saying, "I have learned that if you kill someone off the show, they are less likely to cooperate with you". The producers said that Watros was busy with other commitments, and they could not reveal Libby's story without her.
Things move fast in this business.
"So finally your Libby questions will be answered," said Cuse, referring to the character's enigmatic — and incomplete — backstory. "No, they will not," joked Lindelof.Good. This would be great to see.

That Onion bit is good humor.

Anyway there's a new promo out (AICN) that shows some events "unhappening." Whether it's a goose chase or not, who knows.

sorry if posted before...this is a pretty cool look at the plane crash formatted to look like the show 24

Lost "24" Style
It would be crazy if they would redo the whole series in that style.The audio is certain parts was distracting and the beginning was a little pieced together funny but it was very, very cool to see. They did a great job on it.

Finished the whole series in the last month. Great to watch and hard to put down.

I really think that the ending will be a final battle ala "The Hobbit" with all these groups against each other for the control of the island.

Users who are viewing this thread